PDA

View Full Version : I Voted in the Kentucky Primary Today and I Want to Tell You...

LouPhinFan
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
that I voted for...

drumroll...

wait for it...

wait for it... (Barney Stinson is my hero)

Ron Paul

rob19
05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Bravo :hclap:

I'll be writing in Ron Paul in the election. That'll be my silent protest.

Tetragrammaton
05-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I have asked this several time, but I have never really gotten a proper response. Why is Ron Paul so popular with all of you, when other libertarians never were?

Dolphins9954
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I have asked this several time, but I have never really gotten a proper response. Why is Ron Paul so popular with all of you, when other libertarians never were?

His consistency and honesty. Something you don't see very often. I like Gary Johnson but Paul has more appeal for now. I may vote for Gary or write in Paul I'm not sure yet.

Tetragrammaton
05-23-2012, 12:52 AM
His consistency and honesty. Something you don't see very often. I like Gary Johnson but Paul has more appeal for now. I may vote for Gary or write in Paul I'm not sure yet.

2004 was the first election I really paid attention to. Michael Badnarik was the Libertarian nominee. Back when I believed in those things, I really liked him, but he didn't get an ounce of the groundswell that Paul seems to online. Maybe part of it is that campaigns had not gone online yet, but it seems to me two guys with pretty identical stances get radically different responses.

Valandui
05-23-2012, 04:16 AM
2004 was the first election I really paid attention to. Michael Badnarik was the Libertarian nominee. Back when I believed in those things, I really liked him, but he didn't get an ounce of the groundswell that Paul seems to online. Maybe part of it is that campaigns had not gone online yet, but it seems to me two guys with pretty identical stances get radically different responses.

Unfortunately, I voted for Bush in that election. In 2008 I voted for Chuck Baldwin (the Constitution Party nominee).

LouPhinFan
05-23-2012, 06:39 AM

I wouldn't say Ron Paul is popular with me. I think he's the best of the lot.

Let me put it this way:

If Ron Paul had 10 ideas and Mitt Romney had 10 ideas, 6 out of 10 of Paul's ideas would be good (the other 4 are wack-a-doo) but 3 out of 10 of Romney's ideas are good (the other 8 are just pandering to super right wing bases or to the Wall Street elites). Or is it 2 out of 10 ideas for Romney? I can't keep them straight because he keeps flip-flopping...

And don't worry, Obama is somewhere down there around Mitt on the idea scale.

Dolphins9954
05-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Internet played a huge part in it. I also do believe he represents a big segment of the country that's had enough of the wars, government attacks on our liberty and the 2 parties. Like Nadar he's our protest candidate. And every election cycle the protests grow louder and louder.

Clipse
05-23-2012, 09:05 AM

The more we keep electing idiots like Bush and Obama who start meaningless wars and spend, spend, spend, the louder the calls for real change will be.

PATSSUCK
05-24-2012, 08:22 PM
The more we keep electing idiots like Bush and Obama who start meaningless wars and spend, spend, spend, the louder the calls for real change will be.

I am voting Gary Johnson for sure. Like the fact that he is pro-gay marriage.