PDA

View Full Version : Every team is not a viable contender

dolphan39
02-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Every team is not a viable contender (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1730910)
It would appear, on first glance and without benefit of a crystal ball to conjure up what kind of personnel moves will be made in the offseason, there are a handful of franchises that had losing marks in 2003 but could make a Super Bowl push in '04. Here is a look at a few teams, all of whom finished with fewer than eight victories in 2003, which might be the Panthers of 2004:

[list=1]
Atlanta
Buffalo
N.Y. Giants
N.Y. Jets
Tampa Bay
Washington
[/list=1]

certainly the Phins betta hope he is wrong

Snickersbps
02-10-2004, 09:40 PM
aint that for sure...the Jets,Bills, and Pats all in the running. That would leave us pretty far behind the pack Id say.

I think the Jets can pull a playoff berth with Pennington in the line up all season. The Pats will be there unless they pull a flop season like in '02(which is possible for SB winners, and seems to be common these days). The Bills however I dont see beating us out at all. Nothing to base that on really, except their offense problems, just a gut feeling I guess :D

Clumpy
02-11-2004, 01:10 AM
:D

SMadison29
02-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I think every team is a contender entering the season except for the Cardinals. Of course not every can be, but every team could be.