PDA

View Full Version : Obama compares Roney's rhectoric to 'cow pie of distortion'

BAMAPHIN 22
05-25-2012, 02:15 PM
In remarks to supporters at a grassroots event at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, Obama slammed Republican candidate Mitt Romney for his claim in a speech last week that the debt is sweeping across the contry like a "prairie fire."
"He left out some facts. His speech was more like cow pie of distortion. I don't know whose record he twisted the most mine or his." http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/25/obama-compares-romneys-rhetoric-to-cow-pie-of-distortion/?hpt=hp_bn5

Dolphins9954
05-25-2012, 02:26 PM
5 trillion you added to the debt Obama. Along with the top 3 deficits of all time. I agree Romney won't do much better but either way you're the worst president ever when it comes to fiscal policies and debt. Pretty stupid move to bring this up Mr. president.

cdz12250
05-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Actually, what he did is continue the upward curve of deficit spending that the B-movie actor started and Dubya continued. Be aware of the glass house your side lives in.

Vaark
05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Glass houses notwithstanding, I kind of dig that Obama has directly engaged and is willing to get down and dirty instead of staying above the fray, letting your spokespeople do the heavy lifting and essentially sitting there like a pinata as most presidents tend to do. He's obviously drawn a line in the sand that there will be no more unanswered gratuitous attacks, especially since he has the power to command the media on his counterpunches.

Now that's not to say that I think Romney's criticisms are wrong; ditto Obama's. I just like a fair fight instead of months of being able to snipe away because you think a president's dignity prevents him from proactively fighting fire with fire.

Dolphins9954
05-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Both these guys suck with fiscal policies. But Romney has the benefit of not putting our country into a fiscal black hole YET. If he wins the deficits and debt will continue. Basically this election is about which form of out of control, big spending, anti-liberty government you want. I wish we had a candidate and media in there telling them both to STFU when it comes to fiscal policies.

phinfan3411
05-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Actually, what he did is continue the upward curve of deficit spending that the B-movie actor started and Dubya continued. Be aware of the glass house your side lives in.

If you participate at all in this forum you would know 9954 doesn't have a "side", nice try though.

I also had no idea deficit spending started with the B movie actor, but that's great info, we could sure use another poster that brings correct information to the forum.

LANGER72
05-25-2012, 06:05 PM
In remarks to supporters at a grassroots event at the Iowa State Fairgrounds, Obama slammed Republican candidate Mitt Romney for his claim in a speech last week that the debt is sweeping across the contry like a "prairie fire." http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/25/obama-compares-romneys-rhetoric-to-cow-pie-of-distortion/?hpt=hp_bn5

The presidential campaign is in full spin cycle.