PDA

View Full Version : California Agriculture Inspection Checkpoint Standoff

Dolphins9954
05-29-2012, 12:43 PM
sUkW8Lp3NyA

If everyone was like this guy we wouldn't have BS like this in our country.

LANGER72
05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Wow. A real eye opener.

Dolphins9954
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
The crazy thing is that this was a man coming from Nevada to Cali. I couldn't believe the part where he was told he would be arrested for not signing a paper saying he refuses a search. Unbelievable.

Valandui
05-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Glad their priorities are in order.

CedarPhin
05-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought it was funny. But, if he had real cajones, he'd go and try to pull the same **** at an INS/CBP checkpoint in the Southwest.

The California Ag inspection booths have been there for as long as I can remember, and being that the Ag industry in this state is so gigantic, it makes sense that the state would want to put it there, it's hardly "invading our liberties" as he puts it. I believe in State's rights, so I really don't have a problem with the state doing what it wants. They're merely trying to protect the industry here. I never get stopped and asked to have my trunk looked at. It's not like they go through all the **** in your trunk. They have you pop it, they take a slight glance, shut it, and tell you "Welcome to Kalifornia".

I guess it's not really a problem unless you have 10 pounds of grass in your car, or two illegal aliens tied up naked in your trunk, but some people want to make a scene just to make it.

If the dude wanted to make a point, he'd have taken his pocket constitution to a TSA line at the airport, or to a CBP checkpoint in the middle of Texas. See if those guys show the same restraint as Jon (or Ponch) on the video.

Still, it's pretty funny just for the fact that they made him turn around and go into Nevada. I always have wondered what would happen if you refused to pop your trunk. Now I know.