PDA

View Full Version : Draft Gurus :: LSU Junior LB Kevin Minter

JCane
05-30-2012, 01:05 AM
Slimm, hoops, ck....where do you guys see this dude projecting next season?

One of my favorite players in all of college football not on the Hurricanes roster that I enjoy watching every single Saturday.

Come to think of it...I can't think of any Hurricane players that I enjoy watching every Saturday.

JCane
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Bumping this thread after last night...

I've been high on this kid for two years now and I've felt like Manti Te'o just wasn't a great NFL prospect. Watched a good deal of both this season, Te'o just seems a bit average and last night we got a very small sampling of Te'o against some big boys. And damn son did he disappoint. Kevin Minter...kid played well every single game. That's an NFL linebacker that LSU has and he's flying under the radar.

Late first to early second projection for Minter. What say the FinHeaven Draft Guru's now?

ChambersWI
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
I've seen middle to late first round on Minter, but I could easily see him moving up. He's going to test really well at the combine.

Look at Jerrod Mayo a few years ago. When he declared for the draft, he was considered a 2nd round pick. Tested out well and interviewed well. Became a top 10 pick.

justdev7
01-09-2013, 03:31 AM
He's definitely aggressive. My favorite ILB in this class so far is Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky. I feel live they're the same type if ILB but Jackson does it better. Most sure tackler I've seen in years

Tinaphps
01-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Hmmmm ... I'm going to have to think about that one.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

hooshoops
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
he's solid b/t the tackles but i see a guy that is limited speed wise and in coverage...anything to the perimeter of the field it takes him a while to get to...instincts which he has especially in the run game will help with some of that but i think he's a guy in the pros that you'll be saying to yourself the mike should have been there by now on wide run plays stretch etc...

athletically comes across to me as fairly average...

mid round pick...maybe 3rd round ...overall grade for me is mid round guy...might be a 2 down guy in the pros... if i needed a mike i might jump on him in the 3rd somewhere if not his value for me an again i don't place a value relative to where he'll be picked i place a value as to where i see him as a prospect vs any draft class grade i would say a 4th rounder...most years i'd view that as a 4th rounder late 3rd maybe

hooshoops
01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
by the way i could see him coming off in the 2nd round but given i see him as a 2 down backer in the pros i wouldn't do it...it makes more sense to me mid 3rd early 4th...

Fin Thirteen
01-09-2013, 01:56 PM
he's solid b/t the tackles but i see a guy that is limited speed wise and in coverage...anything to the perimeter of the field it takes him a while to get to...instincts which he has especially in the run game will help with some of that but i think he's a guy in the pros that you'll be saying to yourself the mike should have been there by now on wide run plays stretch etc...

athletically comes across to me as fairly average...

mid round pick...maybe 3rd round ...overall grade for me is mid round guy...might be a 2 down guy in the pros... if i needed a mike i might jump on him in the 3rd somewhere if not his value for me an again i don't place a value relative to where he'll be picked i place a value as to where i see him as a prospect vs any draft class grade i would say a 4th rounder...most years i'd view that as a 4th rounder late 3rd maybe

Yup.