PDA

View Full Version : In defence of a non fin fan. Junc

Buff
05-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I have been here for a few years now. I have seen lots of non fin fans comment on fin issues, in particular when there team is playing ours.

I can understand the jibes, and mostly they are in good humour, but occasionally IMO it becomes personal and abusive because of the team they support.

Now, I have found that ny junc gets his fair share of abuse. Most of it is in good humour, but sometimes it's over the top. I hate the jets. Never ever liked them, but I do like there coach cause he wears his heart on his sleeve. I don't care if he sucks his wife's toes, he is great for the game and in particular the division and our rivalry.

I saw in a decent post about the hard knocks show that it was allegedly offered to the jets but it was declined by them. Regardless of wethere hard knocks declined the jets or vice versa, I would think that someone who is an avid fan of there team and probably has a bit more insight into them than we do, he may just have an idea on what is going on rather than fans from a rival team who hate everything the jets stand for and there fans.

People whines and slag off about jets fans being dumb ass jersey dicks etc, but at the end of the day some of them sound no better than Miami fans loudmouth ing and showing complete ignorance and lack of intelligence about subjects. It's like someone coming in here and giving some of our most respected posters a rev because of the team they support, regardless of if there arguement has some merit.

IMO junc has always given a fair insight and opinion of dolphin issues. He doesn't come in here to abuse or **** stir. It probably pisses him off that the jets struggle against us, but at least he does give us a rap when deserved.

His opinion in things are far more balanced and intelligent than some if the crap that's posted on here by blatant Miami homers.

Vent over.

Clipse
06-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Junc is a troll. The biggest one on the site by far. Sorry you're not able to see through his blatantly obvious passive aggressive, backhanded trolling.

DisturbedShifty
06-01-2012, 12:36 AM
The whole time I was reading the original post I couldn't help but think, "THEIR team, not there team".

And I will agree that Junc can have valid thoughts and opinions. But when you see the same thoughts and opinions regurgitated over and over just worded differently, it does get old.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

dreday
06-01-2012, 12:41 AM
junc is that you?:lol:

PhinsPhan11
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
The whole time I was reading the original post I could help be think, "THEIR team, not there team".

And I will agree that Junc can have valid thoughts and opinions. But when you see the same thoughts and opinions regurgitated over and over just worded differently, it does get old.

And, no matter what argument he's in, he always has to have the last word to think that he's right.

The Confessor
06-01-2012, 06:04 AM
The whole time I was reading the original post I could help be think, "THEIR team, not there team".

Not to mention there is no C in Defense.

The Depths here we come!

Valandui
06-01-2012, 06:22 AM

Especially in threads that have nothing to do with his argument.

RockyMtnPhinfan
06-01-2012, 09:10 AM
It's spelled D E F E N S E by the way. :) Do you have the queen of England on your dollar also? (my wife is Canadian)

Junc just likes to argue, why else would you put yourself behind enemy lines. Dude just likes to banter, and it takes over threads and becomes over the top WAY too often.

SpurzN703
06-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I have been here for a few years now. I have seen lots of non fin fans comment on fin issues, in particular when there team is playing ours.

I can understand the jibes, and mostly they are in good humour, but occasionally IMO it becomes personal and abusive because of the team they support.

Now, I have found that ny junc gets his fair share of abuse. Most of it is in good humour, but sometimes it's over the top. I hate the jets. Never ever liked them, but I do like there coach cause he wears his heart on his sleeve. I don't care if he sucks his wife's toes, he is great for the game and in particular the division and our rivalry.

I saw in a decent post about the hard knocks show that it was allegedly offered to the jets but it was declined by them. Regardless of wethere hard knocks declined the jets or vice versa, I would think that someone who is an avid fan of there team and probably has a bit more insight into them than we do, he may just have an idea on what is going on rather than fans from a rival team who hate everything the jets stand for and there fans.

People whines and slag off about jets fans being dumb ass jersey dicks etc, but at the end of the day some of them sound no better than Miami fans loudmouth ing and showing complete ignorance and lack of intelligence about subjects. It's like someone coming in here and giving some of our most respected posters a rev because of the team they support, regardless of if there arguement has some merit.

IMO junc has always given a fair insight and opinion of dolphin issues. He doesn't come in here to abuse or **** stir. It probably pisses him off that the jets struggle against us, but at least he does give us a rap when deserved.

His opinion in things are far more balanced and intelligent than some if the crap that's posted on here by blatant Miami homers.

Vent over.

Hey let's create another thread where it's going to be Jets and Junc vs. FH and the Dolphins. There aren't nearly enough threads out there already

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

His opinion in things are far more balanced and intelligent than some if the crap that's posted on here by blatant Miami homer.

So his rah-rah rhetoric about the Jets isn't the same as your calling people here homers? I don't recall seeing him say one truly bad thing about that franchise.

Wildbill3
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
about defense. Incorrect even though the norm is to spell it with an S... it is still acceptable to use a c.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/defence

Vaark
06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Consider this and then go back and decide whether it's homeristic blinders, delusions, trollism or just plain cluelessness before you rush to the defense/defence of someone who has always bashed the fins whenever he can, even when passive aggressively giving half azzed "compliments" and sticks his nose where he doesn't belong into threads, especially Fins feel good threads (and don't we ever need those) for the purpose of raining on parades and derailing them. I don't care if he's more genteel and polite than most other trolls; he fooled many early on because he was cordial but not me: I've been calling him out since 08 and now thankfully some of his claims are so outrageous that finally for most of us the credibility gap has caught up with him.

Now he's certainly entitled to his parsed opinions like everyone else but that's exactly what they are, not fact. The need to shout everyone down with the last word notwithstanding, he tends to play the "learn football" "welcome to our site newbie" and "I'm here to educate you card" whenever he gets called out for being wrong (which he never acknowledges). Whatever happened to Marine FinFan who used to love to engage him and throw his BS right back at him anyway?

Don't be bamboozled, we've got some more objective enemy posters on here who are willing to call a spade a spade and not always look for one-upsmanship.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/282pdlk-1.jpg

Gonzo
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
It's spelled D E F E N S E by the way. :) Do you have the queen of England on your dollar also? (my wife is Canadian)

Junc just likes to argue, why else would you put yourself behind enemy lines. Dude just likes to banter, and it takes over threads and becomes over the top WAY too often.Mine too. Does it rub off on you too? I caught myself saying "sorry" when somebody dropped something near me the other day, despite me having nothing to do with them dropping it. It was a sad moment.

Regarding the topic, the fact that it was a catch convinced me that he's nothing more than a very good troll. I guess I can respect his masterful ability. Dovakiin ain't got nothing on him.

RockyMtnPhinfan
06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
about defense. Incorrect even though the norm is to spell it with an S... it is still acceptable to use a c.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/defence

I'm sorry Oxford isn't in the US of A is it? Just teasing though, am i to believe you also spell check....cheque? My wife does

RockyMtnPhinfan
06-01-2012, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Gonzo;1064321668]Mine too. Does it rub off on you too? I caught myself saying "sorry" when somebody dropped something near me the other day, despite me having nothing to do with them dropping it. It was a sad moment.[QUOTE]

Nah i get tired of them (the inlaws) giving me a hard time about being American so it kind of drives me in the opposite direction. I like to point out things that irritate them slightly....like how much better Apple is than RIM (blackberry). But they are a stubborn bunch and still think Black Berry will make a come back. Ha yeh right!

This reminds me: whats the difference between In-Laws and Out-Laws? Outlaws are WANTED!!!!

tylerdolphin
06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Junc jumped the shark in the last few days talking about Sanchez, Henne and Moore.

Dolfan984
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
95% of Jets fans are ****ing pricks and are generally bad people. They're right next to Philly and they're the same kind of people. Arrogant, ignorant, and have nasty, mean personalities.

NY8123
06-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Mine too. Does it rub off on you too? I caught myself saying "sorry" when somebody dropped something near me the other day, despite me having nothing to do with them dropping it. It was a sad moment.

Regarding the topic, the fact that it was a catch convinced me that he's nothing more than a very good troll. I guess I can respect his masterful ability. Dovakiin ain't got nothing on him.

Catch!

Elite!