PDA

View Full Version : Republicans sure love Bill Clinton nowadays

BAMAPHIN 22
06-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Mitt Romney began invoking Bill Clinton last month on the campaign trail, lamenting that, it's too bad Barack Obama is just nothing like the former president. http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/06/12088233-republicans-sure-love-bill-clinton-nowadays?lite

Vaark
06-07-2012, 12:28 PM
The only decent president we've had in well over 30 years - hell everyone should be taking what he says seriously.

LANGER72
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
I voted for him twice. We could use him in office right now instead of this wrecking ball...

Tetragrammaton
06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
It is pretty crazy to see, especially since today's Republicans are far to the right of those who were so against him while he was in office. He is still a terrible President, and they still think of him as one, but it is a political ploy, just like Obama lamenting that Romney isn't running his campaign like McCain did or arguing about the merits of the Reagan Administration. It is a clever way to appear to be less interested in party politics.

LANGER72
06-07-2012, 06:50 PM
It is pretty crazy to see, especially since today's Republicans are far to the right of those who were so against him while he was in office. He is still a terrible President, and they still think of him as one, but it is a political ploy, just like Obama lamenting that Romney isn't running his campaign like McCain did or arguing about the merits of the Reagan Administration. It is a clever way to appear to be less interested in party politics.

During Clinton's years, the bulk of the voters were moderates, with the far left Kennedy's and Bob Dole right wingers holding up the goal posts.
The rest of your post is rambling and hard to follow so I will ignore.

Clinton was not perfect, but he did a pretty good job.

When I think about the presidents from 1960 - 2012, I would rank them:

1.Kennedy - Only because of his decision to land on the moon - huge goal that was attained
2.Reagan - Took a pitiful economy and turned it around..plus ended the Berlin wall (which was coming down sooner or later)
3.Clinton - Continued the economic surge, but failed in foreign policy. The Serb/Kosovo conflict is a blemish IMHO.
4.Bush 1 - Successfully destroyed Saddam Hussein's military power and put him back into a bottle.
5.Nixon - Ended Vietnam..left office in disgrace..the first president impeached.
6.Bush 2 - Responded to the WTC attacks and set into motion increased security and the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. Failed in Afghanistan. Increased the national debt.
7.Ford - Proved even a clumsy moron can be president. His wife made a bigger contribution than him. Presided over gas rationing, higher fuel costs, rampant inflation and did nothing to address the trends
8.Johnson - Failed at winning a war- monstrous casualties inflicted to our troops and innocent civilians.
9.Carter - The "malaise" president. Welcomed in the ayatollah in Iran.

I think our current will rank somewhere between 5-7 and given credit for killing UBL.

Flame away.

Tetragrammaton
06-07-2012, 07:58 PM
The rest of your post is rambling and hard to follow so I will ignore.

It was written at an elementary level. This will have to be our last conversation if you can't follow it.

LANGER72
06-07-2012, 08:58 PM
It was written at an elementary level. This will have to be our last conversation if you can't follow it.

So it shall be written, so shall it be done.
No sweat chief.

CedarPhin
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Nixon was a better president than people give him credit for.

Tetragrammaton
06-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Nixon was a better president than people give him credit for.

Nixon was a borderline great President.

Dolphins9954
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I would take Clinton's last budget of 1.9 trillion in 2000. In 12 years government has doubled it's budget and size. Mix that with a whole bunch of wars and over 10 trillion of debt!!!! Clinton did a far better job with fiscal matters than the last 2 dingleberries.