PDA

View Full Version : Patsies cut OchoCinco

PyroDOLFAN
06-07-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829a5baa/article/chad-ochocinco-released-by-new-england-patriots

So BEFORE anyone posts "what do you think" or "should the fins make a move" and "would you think it would be a good pick up" I'm going to come out right now and say DON'T. Washed up, waste of time and energy (and most definitely money.) There isn't even the possibility of veteran leadership out of this one...so just please...don't ask :up:

sinPHIN
06-07-2012, 05:47 PM
anyone who wants him doesnt get it. thats a big NO

Roman529
06-07-2012, 05:52 PM
From my unsderstanding, Ocho Cinco was never smart enough to learn the Patriot's playbook, which was much more complicated than anything they ran in Cincy. Just pass on Ocho, T.O., Plexico....etc....not worth the headaches.

Statler Waldorf
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829a5baa/article/chad-ochocinco-released-by-new-england-patriots

So BEFORE anyone posts "what do you think" or "should the fins make a move" and "would you think it would be a good pick up" I'm going to come out right now and say DON'T. Washed up, waste of time and energy (and most definitely money.) There isn't even the possibility of veteran leadership out of this one...so just please...don't ask :up:

Should the fins make a move? -)

Mr. Day
06-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Never liked Ocho Stinko in his prime, so I would not want him now.

CANDolphan
06-07-2012, 06:36 PM

Then you're either ignoring his production or simply not paying attention. He was a top 5 WR in his prime.

Wildbill3
06-07-2012, 06:43 PM
From my unsderstanding, Ocho Cinco was never smart enough to learn the Patriot's playbook, which was much more complicated than anything they ran in Cincy. Just pass on Ocho, T.O., Plexico....etc....not worth the headaches.well I'm not proposing we pick up 85, however, if the patriots O was too complicated then miami's would be perfect for him.

Hoot {MWB}
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Doesn't cost us a draft pick. We will be able to get him cheap. Even though he didn't fit New England, Chad is still a solid WR in this league I think. Low risk to bring him and give him a shot. Hard Knocks would love that lol.

wonderl33t
06-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Let me guess...you didn't like TO, Moss, or Keyshawn in their primes, either.

DefensiveEnd76
06-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Well if we want a selfish headcase diva who is washed up, then go after Ochocinco.

PyroDOLFAN
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
well I'm not proposing we pick up 85, however, if the patriots O was too complicated then miami's would be perfect for him.

I'd rather keep the Talent young and have our leadership come from Bess and Hartline. I really think we have a pretty good starter pack for implementing the West Coast offense, and a plethora of backfield talent to make up for lack of production from the raw young talent in our WO corps.

SuperMarksBros.
06-07-2012, 08:02 PM
So easy to pass on guys in the offseason. "Past his prime/never had a prime(my personal favorite), primadonna, not a leader, etc, etc." Lets see what everyone thinks during the season while we're dealing with our current WR corps.

PyroDOLFAN
06-07-2012, 08:12 PM
So easy to pass on guys in the offseason. "Past his prime/never had a prime(my personal favorite), primadonna, not a leader, etc, etc." Lets see what everyone thinks during the season while we're dealing with our current WR corps.

Hopefully we'll be thinking, "DAM* I haven't seen this offensive production out of Miami since '84!!!"

yardlaw
06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Bring him in and let him give the Fins def. coordinator tips on the Pats offense, kinda like what the Pats do regularly with former Fins and Jets players. Oh wait, never mind he didn't learn the Pats offense. :up:

finfan54
06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
for cying out loud!!!!! what took the genius so long?

ya know, im getting tired of all this New England has more talent crap. They suck. retread city. retread of the former retread. just cover welker like a glove ALL game long and you beat new england. not just one half, but the whole damn game!!!

DUB
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I would rather stick with the young potential of our current WR core.

Dolfan3773
06-07-2012, 08:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8022107/new-england-patriots-release-veteran-wide-receiver-chad-ochocinco

Raging Bull
06-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Sorry if its been posted already but didnt see it. Anyway he was released from the Pats.... apparently he was in good shape and everything but just could never pick up the Pats' offense. Maybe he visits Miami...

grogan12
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Doesn't cost us a draft pick. We will be able to get him cheap. Even though he didn't fit New England, Chad is still a solid WR in this league I think. Low risk to bring him and give him a shot. Hard Knocks would love that lol.

Sorry but there is nothing solid about him, even when he did run the right route, he couldn't catch the ball. He's a clasic example of a once great player trying to hang on.