PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Administration Suddenly Looks Like a House of Cards

SnakeoilSeller
06-08-2012, 10:14 AM
President Obama's problem now isn't what Wisconsin did, it's how he looks each dayŚcareening around, always in flight, a superfluous figure. No one even looks to him for leadership now. He doesn't go to Wisconsin, where the fight is. He goes to Sarah Jessica Parker's place, where the money is.

There is, now, a house-of-cards feel about this administration.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303753904577452793597495290.html

Locke
06-08-2012, 11:46 AM
:sidelol:

Dogbone34
06-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Suddenly...??

It's been a house of cards since day one. His economic policies are modeled after California, New York, and Illinois.

LANGER72
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
:hi5:

SnakeoilSeller
06-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Suddenly...??

It's been a house of cards since day one. His economic policies are modeled after California, New York, and Illinois.

My thought exactly. The media is just beginning to wake up to reality. You can only piss on soeone's leg for so long and tell him it's raining. The media has been carrying his bucket of water for so long. They cannot spin 1.9% GDP. He has been blaming "headwinds" for 35 months. There is nothing "sudden" about it.

Tetragrammaton
06-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I wonder how many people actually think the elections in Wisconsin have any bearing on the national figures. I assume it is larger than it should be.

SnakeoilSeller
06-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I wonder how many people actually think the elections in Wisconsin have any bearing on the national figures. I assume it is larger than it should be.

I don't think it's just Wisconsin. (Though the Unions piked the fight, spent tons of money, and still got crushed.) I its because the people running the Obama campaign have the mental capacity of a bag full of rats in a burning meth lab. They spent several months planning the occupy wall street / Bain capital attack, only to have it blow up in their face - because their own surrogates didn't believe it. Everything they do is looked at as political - the evolving announcement, the bogus war on women. They can't run are their record, and all their ploys look ridiculous. In 2008, the media let the Obama campaign control the narative. They can't anymore, they have a record - and it is ugly. So the WH and the campaign (has it ever been anything but a campaign) can't even get their bogus attacks straight. The light is beginning to shine on how inept the entire adminstration has been since day 1.

LouPhinFan
06-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Meh, why does this administration care? Obama is a shoe in because, after all, "the private sector is doing fine." :lol:

Tetragrammaton
06-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Everything they do is looked at as political.

Romney is pretty widely considered the more mechanical candidate.

LANGER72
06-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Romney is pretty widely considered the more mechanical candidate.

Can he fix a car transmission or reset a circuit breaker?

Pretty widely?...among your circles...

Locke
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM

The dude works in politics. "His circles" are actually pretty relevant...

LANGER72
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
The dude works in politics. "His circles" are actually pretty relevant...

Good for him. Bad for the rest of us.

Now I understand is position more clearly. Thanks Locke.

Locke
06-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Good for him. Bad for the rest of us.

Now I understand is position more clearly. Thanks Locke.

Do you now? Why not ask him what party the last politician he worked with was affiliated with...

JamesBW43
06-11-2012, 02:02 PM

Among all circles outside the irrational ones. It's true that the President has softened and flipped on quite a few issues. He's a shrewd politician to be sure. Romney, however, takes it to a whole new level. He turned against the very health care policy that he helped implement in Massachusetts.

Just the amount of jokes there are about Mitt Romney taking two sides of an argument or being two separate people dwarfs that of even John Kerry's "flip flopping" reputation, and Kerry literally gave the soundbite "I voted for it before I voted against it."

LANGER72
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Do you now? Why not ask him what party the last politician he worked with was affiliated with...

We are no longer on speaking terms. However, I will still comment.

Dogbone34
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Among all circles outside the irrational ones. It's true that the President has softened and flipped on quite a few issues. He's a shrewd politician to be sure. Romney, however, takes it to a whole new level. He turned against the very health care policy that he helped implement in Massachusetts.

Just the amount of jokes there are about Mitt Romney taking two sides of an argument or being two separate people dwarfs that of even John Kerry's "flip flopping" reputation, and Kerry literally gave the soundbite "I voted for it before I voted against it."

there's only one issue this election and it's not political flip flopping

the relevant sound bite was last week, when we heard the private sector is doing fine.

JamesBW43
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
there's only one issue this election and it's not political flip flopping

the relevant sound bite was last week, when we heard the private sector is doing fine.

There is never just one issue in an election.

Locke
06-11-2012, 06:29 PM
We are no longer on speaking terms. However, I will still comment.

Lover's spat eh? Well he worked on a campaign for a Republican. He'll still be accused of being partisan, since that's the go-to card for the right when someone disagrees with them. However, Zest has shown to be pretty objective when talking about politics...

LANGER72
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Lover's spat eh? Well he worked on a campaign for a Republican. He'll still be accused of being partisan, since that's the go-to card for the right when someone disagrees with them. However, Zest has shown to be pretty objective when talking about politics...

He was the one that got his feelings hurt. I am fine with him. It is what it is. When he says so, things will get back to normal.
He obviously is an intelligent, and very sensitive person.
Moving along...