PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes removes himself from practice

rob19
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Holmes said he felt 'overused', so he tossed aside his helmet, and excused himself from practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb8TODmJGzw&feature=g-all-u

Funky Fin
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh how glorious.

AquaInferno
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Not surprised one bit

NYCBillsFan
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Not really an issue, since they are OTA's.....

The bigger question is why he's not in shape to handle a T-shirt and Shorts practice?

Dolfan3773
06-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Lol :boohoo:

The Confessor
06-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Saw this and as much as I despise Santonio Holmes and his team.....the guy missed many OTA's because he was spending time with the troops overseas.

I can understand he isn't in the same shape as the rest of the team, and I can't find fault in his excuse....until it comes out he WASN'T spending time overseas with troops.

Unless there is more to this story......it really isn't a story to begin with.

MadDog 88
06-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Non story but just the start of a lot of scrutiny for him this upcoming season.

NYCBillsFan
06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Saw this and as much as I despise Santonio Holmes and his team.....the guy missed many OTA's because he was spending time with the troops overseas.

I can understand he isn't in the same shape as the rest of the team, and I can't find fault in his excuse....until it comes out he WASN'T spending time overseas with troops.

Unless there is more to this story......it really isn't a story to begin with.

I'm pretty sure the troops overseas exercise too. No reason to not be in shape. Hell, I'll bet a lot of the troops would love to work out with an NFL player.

The Confessor
06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the troops overseas exercise too. No reason to not be in shape. Hell, I'll bet a lot of the troops would love to work out with an NFL player.

Yeah, pretty sure that:

A) What the troops do to stay in shape is NOTHING like what football players do in practice
B) Santonio wasn't around them long enough to get close to getting into a workout regiment.

Look, I despise Santonio Holmes and the entire JEST organization, but this is really a non story.
Just be patient, it won't be that long until there is a real story there

nyjunc
06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Non story but just the start of a lot of scrutiny for him this upcoming season.

Anything he does is a story b/c of the way 2011 went, for any other player this isn't a big deal but for him it is. It's frustrating to see this one day back.

NYCBillsFan
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Anything he does is a story b/c of the way 2011 went, for any other player this isn't a big deal but for him it is. It's frustrating to see this one day back.

A captain should be in shape for OTA's.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 08:54 AM
A captain should be in shape for OTA's.

He's not a Captain and it wasn't about him being in shape, he got HURT on that play where he threw his helmet.

Kinzua
06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
He's not a Captain and it wasn't about him being in shape, he got HURT on that play where he threw his helmet.

A link would be nice. The stories all say he got po'd and left not that he was injured.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
A link would be nice. The stories all say he got po'd and left not that he was injured.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/12885/notes-from-minicamp-day-1

Kinzua
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Fair enough. The thing is that when the original stories appeared, Holmes was denying he was injured. Why he did that is anybody's guess.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Fair enough. The thing is that when the original stories appeared, Holmes was denying he was injured. Why he did that is anybody's guess.

I have no idea why he and the team didn't say so at the time. It's weird.

NYCBillsFan
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM

I thought Holmes was an Offensive captain. When did that change?

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I thought Holmes was an Offensive captain. When did that change?

After the season, Rex removed all Captains. in '09 & '10 they didn't have any named Captains, they had gameday captains but not w/ the stupid "C" patches. For some reason in '11 he decided to name captains and give them the stupid patches. He's going back to '09 & '10 which I love.

Kinzua
06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I have no idea why he and the team didn't say so at the time. It's weird.

There might be a reasonable explanation, but you wouldn't like it much, and I'm not going to get in an argument over it. Think real hard about Holmes actions in the OTA and fan reactions to it and draw your own conclusions as to why the injury story surfaced a week later.

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 10:31 AM
There might be a reasonable explanation, but you wouldn't like it much, and I'm not going to get in an argument over it. Think real hard about Holmes actions in the OTA and fan reactions to it and draw your own conclusions as to why the injury story surfaced a week later.

I can see that but he was legitimately hurt, the writers tweeting at the time said he looked like he got hurt and was frustrated b/c of it but he and the teamd enied theat- then a week later he's sitting out minicamp practices b/c of a leg injury.

LikeUntoGod
06-17-2012, 01:09 PM
This happened a week ago.

This is Jet's football....This should be S Holmes's last season as a Jets.

Kinzua
06-17-2012, 05:41 PM
This happened a week ago.

This is Jet's football....This should be S Holmes's last season as a Jets.

Because they back-loaded his contract, a lot of Holmes's guaranteed money hasn't been paid yet. It would cost like $9-10 million if the Jests cut him loose this year. It might cost several million to get rid of him next year, too. I don't know if the Jests would take a cap hit if they traded him, but no team is going to take on his contract with his lack of production.

I think Santonio will continue to plague the Jests until his contract is finished.

Jetsfan0099
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM
LOL its hilarious how many Jets topics come up on here, nothing about the Bills or Patriots. Holmes was away in Germany, he comes back and injures his hamstring. Not a big deal, its June. As long as hes healthy and ready to go in training camp.

Kinzua
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
LOL its hilarious how many Jets topics come up on here, nothing about the Bills or Patriots. Holmes was away in Germany, he comes back and injures his hamstring. Not a big deal, its June. As long as hes healthy and ready to go in training camp.

That's because a certain Jets fan always has to have the last word. I'll let you figure out who that is.

nyjunc
06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Because they back-loaded his contract, a lot of Holmes's guaranteed money hasn't been paid yet. It would cost like $9-10 million if the Jests cut him loose this year. It might cost several million to get rid of him next year, too. I don't know if the Jests would take a cap hit if they traded him, but no team is going to take on his contract with his lack of production.

I think Santonio will continue to plague the Jests until his contract is finished.

They would ahve saved a boatload if they cut him in March, they didn't. he's here long term unless something strange happens.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------