Bank of America
AIG

Top Obama Campaign Contributors:

Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan and Chase
Citigroup
Morgan Stanley
Wells Fargo & Co.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEEMS TO NOTICE THIS ****?!??!?!?!?!?!? THE GAME IS RIGGED!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&list=FLrfOkfwTf_Gp0wQzueJYeag&index=5&feature=plpp_video

LANGER72
06-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Top Romney campaign contributors;

Goldman Sachs
Jp Morgan Chase
Morgan Stanley
Citigroup
Bank of America
AIG

Top Obama Campaign Contributors:

Goldman Sachs
JP Morgan and Chase
Citigroup
Morgan Stanley
Wells Fargo & Co.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEEMS TO NOTICE THIS ****?!??!?!?!?!?!? THE GAME IS RIGGED!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&list=FLrfOkfwTf_Gp0wQzueJYeag&index=5&feature=plpp_video

What would be your solution? I dont like that either, just curious on how you would set it up differently?

Vaark
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pgfWK3sxw

:ponder:

Graphically effective video. This pandering whore is as slimy as everyone else. I'm sure it's not the last we'll be seeing of it as Romney's contradictory "body of work" is so prolific.

Honesty, I cannot remember the last time I didn't have to vote for the "lesser of the two evils." ****ing depressing.

Dolphins9954
06-11-2012, 08:49 PM
It's funny watching all these so-called conservatives support a big government spending statist who supports everything that "conservatives" are suppose to be against.

Tetragrammaton
06-11-2012, 10:13 PM
These things are always on voters' minds. It is never what they believed and what they changed to, but rather the voters' feeling of being unable to rely on their vote going toward an idea that will stay relevant while in office. If you are someone who sits between the two parties, you worry if he will become too extreme while in office, while the base has to worry that the new President Romney will cater to the groups they want him to vehemently oppose. Obama's vocal supporters are less enthusiastic than in 2008, but he still owns a very large enthusiasm gap over Romney.

Obama has been more or less the President he said he wanted to be in 2008. Politifact has rated every promise but two Obama made during the campaign, and he has either fulfilled or is working on sixty-two percent of them, and most of the stalled pieces are because of the Republican takeover as promised. It gives Obama an edge in so many states and so many constituency groups.

rob19
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
What would be your solution? I dont like that either, just curious on how you would set it up differently?

It's a good question. I just read a fairly large history book from cover to cover, and you'd be amazed at how remarkably similar the rise and fall of countless empires are to one another. It seems to have one very prominent, repeating, archetype, and that is that the further & further along an empire survives from it's inception, the officials seem to gradually get more and more corrupt. The people in power over time continue to try and accrue more & more wealth, while the number of people at the bottom continues to grow and grow, and the wealth they have continues to decrease and decrease, until ultimately & inevitably they revolt and start something new. It really does seem to be the overlying theme throughout history.

I don't know how badly the system itself is broken (though I do think the whole thing has become too immobile, ineffectual, and bloated), but really I think the main problem lies in human nature. Is it possible to fix people from being cuntwads? I don't know that it is. Until you solve the problem of human corruption I don't know how to solve the problem. Maybe the problem lies in that percentage-wise so much of the population is really just woefully unintelligent, whom keep voting in fake & corrupt individuals on both a national and local scale.

The first thing I'd personally do is end the Wars, then I'd end the drug-wars. Then I'd take a huge chunk of change out of defense (we have like 50 million nukes already, how much more ammunition do we really need?), and throw that back into the schools to raise a smarter generation of kids who hopefully won't bundle things the way we've managed to. We should think about ending the Federal Reserve Bank. We should do away with political parties, and get this notion of "My team vs. Your team" nonsense out of people's heads. I mean, we have a congress that refuses to cooperate with the president, even if it's to the detriment of the American people, because they don't like what TEAM he's on, and any means they employ are justified as long as it's working towards the endgame of getting one of their team-mates in; this is not what they were elected to do. It's nonsense, we have to be able to come up with a better way than dumbing-down and simplifying political stances and issues into "teams". Limiting yourself to a predetermined pattern of thinking based off party affiliation is childish.

I don't pretend to have the answers, I'm not studying to become a politician or congressman or senator. I'm more talking aloud, but it should be perfectly clear to anyone with half a functioning brain that the system & people in place are beyond corrupt. The other half of the blame has to go to the American people for being so willfully indifferent or ignorant to the whole situation. /rant

Dolphins9954
06-11-2012, 10:52 PM
It's a good question. I just read a fairly large history book from cover to cover, and you'd be amazed at how remarkably similar the rise and fall of countless empires are to one another. It seems to have one very prominent, repeating, archetype, and that is that the further & further along an empire survives from it's inception, the officials seem to gradually get more and more corrupt. The people in power over time continue to try and accrue more & more wealth, while the number of people at the bottom continues to grow and grow, and the wealth they have continues to decrease and decrease, until ultimately & inevitably they revolt and start something new. It really does seem to be the overlying theme throughout history.

I don't know how badly the system itself is broken (though I do think the whole thing has become too immobile, ineffectual, and bloated), but really I think the main problem lies in human nature. Is it possible to fix people from being cuntwads? I don't know that it is. Until you solve the problem of human corruption I don't know how to solve the problem. Maybe the problem lies in that percentage-wise so much of the population is really just woefully unintelligent, whom keep voting in fake & corrupt individuals on both a national and local scale.

The first thing I'd personally do is end the Wars, then I'd end the drug-wars. Then I'd take a huge chunk of change out of defense (we have like 50 million nukes already, how much more ammunition do we really need?), and throw that back into the schools to raise a smarter generation of kids who hopefully won't bundle things the way we've managed to. We should think about ending the Federal Reserve Bank. We should do away with political parties, and get this notion of "My team vs. Your team" nonsense out of people's heads. I mean, we have a congress that refuses to cooperate with the president, even if it's to the detriment of the American people, because they don't like what TEAM he's on, and any means they employ are justified as long as it's working towards the endgame of getting one of their team-mates in; this is not what they were elected to do. It's nonsense, we have to be able to come up with a better way than dumbing-down and simplifying political stances and issues into "teams". Limiting yourself to a predetermined pattern of thinking based off party affiliation is childish.

I don't pretend to have the answers, I'm not studying to become a politician or congressman or senator. I'm more talking aloud, but it should be perfectly clear to anyone with half a functioning brain that the system & people in place are beyond corrupt. The other half of the blame has to go to the American people for being so willfully indifferent or ignorant to the whole situation. /rant

For me it's the amount of power government has that has lead to so much corruption. Billions a year get spent lobbying our representatives to get them to PASS LAWS that are extreme favorably to the "donors". One can look at that and say we have to ban lobbyists or corporate money. But for me the problem is much bigger than that. It's the power these "representatives" have to write these favorably laws in the first place.

rob19
06-11-2012, 10:53 PM
For me it's the amount of power government has that has lead to so much corruption. Billions a year get spent lobbying our representatives to get them to PASS LAWS that are extreme favorably to the "donors". One can look at that and say we have to ban lobbyists or corporate money. But for me the problem is much bigger than that. It's the power these "representatives" have to write these favorably laws in the first place.

Lobbying is another huge one, I'm sure I'm leaving out tons more.

Valandui
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM

People could vote their conscience instead of for who the media tells them is electable.

Valandui
06-12-2012, 07:11 AM

The education system itself is a huge part of the problem. It's wildly bureaucratic and since the establishment of the Department of Education and the ability to determine curriculum being given to a special interest group (the NEA), our quality of education has dramatically gone downhill.

cbreeden
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Graphically effective video. This pandering whore is as slimy as everyone else. I'm sure it's not the last we'll be seeing of it as Romney's contradictory "body of work" is so prolific.

Honesty, I cannot remember the last time I didn't have to vote for the "lesser of the two evils." ****ing depressing.

This will be the first time since I started voting in 1980 that I will be voting for "None of the above" this fall. ****ing depressing is right.