PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, A New Sparano?

phinasota
06-13-2012, 10:21 AM
This article gives a pretty different outlook on Sparano. But I'm not fooled. I cant wait until we see what kind of plays he calls on third and longs, third and goals. Should be interesting to see if he goes a different route

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43450/tony-sparano-is-right-fit-for-the-jets

ry-dbar
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I think he's the same ol' meatball. Yelling at Tebow to look for his check down.

SpurzN703
06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Wrong forum but I'll bite anyway.

"The bottom line is that you’re teaching them to understand and pay attention to the details," Sparano said Tuesday. "I said this from Day 1, 'If you do not know your assignment, I cannot put you out there on the field.' I told them that.

Is this a new thing in 2012 where players are supposed to pay attention to details? Who knew?

PyroDOLFAN
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I think Tebow is gonna give Sparano a heart attack...you can't expect Tebow to methodically drive down the field, run out the clock, and keep the drive alive. The ONLY way Tebow can win is by just taking any chance he can get....I'd say about 30% of his plays that actually WORKED last year were the designed play called in from the booth.

He'll be in a straight jacket by November if Tebow starts

Mr. Day
06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Sparano looks more like a New York guy than a Florida guy. Hopefully he screws up the Jets the same way he screwed up the Dolphins.

LikeUntoGod
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I think Tebow is gonna give Sparano a heart attack...you can't expect Tebow to methodically drive down the field, run out the clock, and keep the drive alive.

Yet Tim Tebow did that a number of times for game winning scores. And then against teams...like us...he then ran in the 2 point conversion.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

I think he's the same ol' meatball. Yelling at Tebow to look for his check down.

This will be interesting. I really do not think that Tebow threw one check down pass last season. It is one reason his completion percent was so low. Otherwise, he had the same YPA average as Sanchez did with more longer completions.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
This article gives a pretty different outlook on Sparano. But I'm not fooled. I cant wait until we see what kind of plays he calls on third and longs, third and goals. Should be interesting to see if he goes a different route

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43450/tony-sparano-is-right-fit-for-the-jets

was he calling plays in Miami?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Sparano looks more like a New York guy than a Florida guy. Hopefully he screws up the Jets the same way he screwed up the Dolphins.

once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.

Nublar7
06-13-2012, 11:24 AM

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2013 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2013 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

why would coaches from playoff teams get fired?

LikeUntoGod
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
The Jets are blaming most of last season's problems on Brian Schottenheimer. Sometimes simply a new face can help. I think a big part of this was that players and fans had come to dislike Brian Schottenheimer for whatever reasons and he simply had to go for them to start over again.

This is a good spot for Sparano because he was overwhelmed as a HC not to mention he lived here for a year with Ross looking to replace him and then expecting to be fired any day.

I go to a couple of Jet's boards and they say that on one hand Brian Schottenheimer's offnese was too complex but then also too simple. They had 5 formations, a lot of movement, different packages to run only the same 4 pass routes out of. (I'm very interested in seeing how Brian Schottenheimer does with the Rams).

Then they say that Sparano keeps things simple but also has a lot of "ideas". I try to explain to them that Sparano did not come up with the Wildcat and I thought that Tebow will be used in the same spread option as in Denver but at least so far (and it is early) Sparano does seem to be using the Wildcat. The Jet's Wildcat will not have Sanchez in it with nothing to do. It will be a better formation simply having the "QB playing WR" part out of it.

But it kind of shows Sparano as a plodder, thinking way back inside the box.

I expect a lot of ground and pound out of Sparano. It is what the Jets were doing best until they decided to have Sanchez try to win games for them last season and the fell apart.

LikeUntoGod
06-13-2012, 11:36 AM

No, he did not. This is one reason we thought him being hired as a OC was odd. But here he was trying to be a head coach which was too much for him like it is for most people. If he does well with the Jets as a OC, he could win another HC job one day.

Vaark
06-13-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/2qxay6w-1.jpg

Consider the moron who wrote that piece. Had Tony agreed to work for Philbin instead of Sherman (heaven forbid), I guarantee you that this under-qualfied hack who used to cover the mighty Browns remotely for a Columbus paper (not even getting the OSU assignment) that ESPN plucked out of obscurity would have taken the polar opposite critical tact.

Ben Had
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Kinda like your ex OC's dad?

Nublar7
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM

The Jets are not a playoff team.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
was he calling plays in Miami?---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

once someone leaves the dolphins they get blamed for everything. First it was BP and once he was gone Miami was going to succeed, then it was Henning and now it's Sparano. After this season and Ireland is gone it will have been his fault then Philbin 2 years later and the cycle continues.

Actually yes, there were a bunch of times when the meatball called plays in Miami...

Also, not sure what you mean, when someone leaves Miami they get blamed.. We were blaming Meatball, and Parcells WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Please do not post on things you know absolutely nothing about.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Miami, Jets, and Bills are all equally as good/bad, right now. Noone stands out above the other two. Could be that the only team to get in from the AFCE are the Rats. I still give the edge to buffalo because of their defense.
The Jets are not a playoff team.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Actually yes, there were a bunch of times when the meatball called plays in Miami...

Also, not sure what you mean, when someone leaves Miami they get blamed.. We were blaming Meatball, and Parcells WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Please do not post on things you know absolutely nothing about.

Hmmm, I told you guys from the start BP wasn't a good GM type and I was bashed. You guys LOVED him for the first 2 years. Same thing w/ Tony, I had many people telling me how much better of a coach he was than rex so I know what I'm talking about. Going into last year the scapegoat was your former OC, w/o him you were going to take off. That's the line this year now that Tony is gone and it was the same after all the recent coaches left and will be the same when philbin leaves.

Miami, Jets, and Bills are all equally as good/bad, right now. Noone stands out above the other two. Could be that the only team to get in from the AFCE are the Rats. I still give the edge to buffalo because of their defense.

You can say that all day long but it's just not true. There is a clear pecking order in paper- NE, NYJ, Buf, Mia

Does paper guarantee anything? No, anything can happen but going into the season it's quite clear how the teams shake out.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Not true on both counts hip hop... I for one loved the hire in the first year, second year began to hate it, third year totally hated it.. Show me the rule that says I must love a new hire for their entire tenure. You will feel the same way about Meatball when he is fired year 3. You'll be begging for Schottenhiemer back.

Your pecking order is only made from clear delusions f granduer, if you believe that..
Hmmm, I told you guys from the start BP wasn't a good GM type and I was bashed. You guys LOVED him for the first 2 years. Same thing w/ Tony, I had many people telling me how much better of a coach he was than rex so I know what I'm talking about. Going into last year the scapegoat was your former OC, w/o him you were going to take off. That's the line this year now that Tony is gone and it was the same after all the recent coaches left and will be the same when philbin leaves.

You can say that all day long but it's just not true. There is a clear pecking order in paper- NE, NYJ, Buf, Mia

Does paper guarantee anything? No, anything can happen but going into the season it's quite clear how the teams shake out.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Not true on both counts hip hop... I for one loved the hire in the first year, second year began to hate it, third year totally hated it.. Show me the rule that says I must love a new hire for their entire tenure. You will feel the same way about Meatball when he is fired year 3. You'll be begging for Schottenhiemer back.

Your pecking order is only made from clear delusions f granduer, if you believe that..

So you admit you loved it early on, right? what are you arguing? Just like Tony, just like BP, just like the one before him, just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and over.

I liked our last OC, I don't scapegoat him. We had many problems on O, he gets his share but I'm not naive to think it was all on him. We'll see what happens w/ Tony, i'm confident in our talent.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
So you admit you loved it early on, right? what are you arguing? Just like Tony, just like BP, just like the one before him, just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and over.

I liked our last OC, I don't scapegoat him. We had many problems on O, he gets his share but I'm not naive to think it was all on him. We'll see what happens w/ Tony, i'm confident in our talent.

Your arguement is that we love the guysright up until they leave, then after they leave we hate them... Which I said isnt true... Again I hated Sparano and BP WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Also, I hated DC before and after he came and went.. The vast majority of us didnt like any of the guys you mention before and after they were here so youre arguement has no basis.

Problem with your talent is the guy you have coaching it!

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Your arguement is that we love the guysright up until they leave, then after they leave we hate them... Which I said isnt true... Again I hated Sparano and BP WHILE THEY WERE HERE... Also, I hated DC before and after he came and went.. The vast majority of us didnt like any of the guys you mention before and after they were here so youre arguement has no basis.

Problem with your talent is the guy you have coaching it!

But you also loved them while they were there, you eventually soured on them turning them into the scapegoats. It's the same cycle, we went through this w/ the Jets for a long time. I know exactly what you have been going through.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Wrong again.. I loved them for less than half the time they were here... Isnt that the natural order when someone completely sucvks at their job? They sucked while they were here so why wouldnt you turn on them. Majority of Jets fans loved schottenhiemer when he became OC and hated him when he left. How is this different. Sparano and BP are considered skapegoats because because they had no idea what they were doing. That said, they arent skapegoats in the true sense of the word. They are slapegoats because they are the reason for failure

But you also loved them while they were there, you eventually soured on them turning them into the scapegoats. It's the same cycle, we went through this w/ the Jets for a long time. I know exactly what you have been going through.

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Well isnt that the natural order when someone completely sucvks at their job? They sucked while they were here so why wouldnt you turn on them. Majority of Jets fans loved schottenhiemer when he became OC and hated him when he left. How is this different. Sparano and BP are considered skapegoats because because they had no idea what they were doing. That said, they arent skapegoats in the true sense of the word. They are slapegoats because they are the reason for failure

Actually the majority have hated Schottnehimer almost from day 1. I wasn't one of them, I still like him, I think Bradfrod is going to breakout this year under him.

The point is one day you guys call someone great and when it appears their time is coming to an end you blame everything on them and then you call the new guy great.

Sparano and BP did inherit a 1-15 team, can we not forget that? Miami had missed 6 straight postseasons and in year 1 you won a div title w/ them so it's not like they took over a great franchise and ran it into the ground. Miami was better after they left than when they took over.

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Actually the majority have hated Schottnehimer almost from day 1. I wasn't one of them, I still like him, I think Bradfrod is going to breakout this year under him.

The point is one day you guys call someone great and when it appears their time is coming to an end you blame everything on them and then you call the new guy great.

Sparano and BP did inherit a 1-15 team, can we not forget that? Miami had missed 6 straight postseasons and in year 1 you won a div title w/ them so it's not like they took over a great franchise and ran it into the ground. Miami was better after they left than when they took over.

Obviously.. There really isnt anywhere to go but up when youre 1-15. The likelyhood of them to do great thinks was far higher than them getting worse than 1-15. If youre satisfied with 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 thats your perogative... The best they could do is 6-10 and by your arguement, that satifyes you had it been the Jets with these records

nyjunc
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Obviously.. There really isnt anywhere to go but up when youre 1-15. The likelyhood of them to do great thinks was far higher than them getting worse than 1-15. If youre satisfied with 11-5, 7-9, 7-9, and 6-10 thats your perogative... The best they could do is 6-10 and by your arguement, that satifyes you had it been the Jets with these records

They didn't get the job done and deserved to lose their jobs, my point is the way you are bashing them you are making them out to be Rich Kotite of Cam Cameron. They did some good in Miami.

desperado23
06-13-2012, 02:38 PM

:thumbup:

dolpns13
06-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Bottom line is they failed. Just like Kotite and Cameron.. Maybe not as bad, but they still failed.
They didn't get the job done and deserved to lose their jobs, my point is the way you are bashing them you are making them out to be Rich Kotite of Cam Cameron. They did some good in Miami.

SpurzN703
06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
just like Henne, beck, daunte, etc... you'll sour on guys and they will turn out to be the reason you sucked and the new guys will be great and the reasons you are going to be great. repeat over and ove.

Uh....Henne, Beck, Daunte, etc. did suck. Where's the argument?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They didn't do anything good in Miami. They were 11-5 b/c Brady was hurt. They then got beat like always in the PO by BAL then proceeded to go 10 games under .500 the next 3 years.

That is doing nothing.

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Uh....Henne, Beck, Daunte, etc. did suck. Where's the argument?

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

They didn't do anything good in Miami. They were 11-5 b/c Brady was hurt. They then got beat like always in the PO by BAL then proceeded to go 10 games under .500 the next 3 years.

That is doing nothing.

They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?

Kinzua
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM
When Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano are fired after the 2012 season, who gets the blame? I assume Mike Tannenbaum will follow them out the door along with the rest of the coaching staff and front office.

Fixed that for ya! :thumbup:

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Fixed that for ya! :thumbup:

if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!

SpurzN703
06-14-2012, 11:29 AM
They did but I was told w/ each guy how good they were going to be, I don't know if you were here when you got Daunte but I got killed on here and of course everything I said turned out to be true as he was horrible. Daunte was a very overrated QB in Minnesota, just a #s guy.

we were 9-7 when Brady got hurt and we had more talent so they did something. You did win the division b/c Brady got hurt but you would have won 10-11 regardless and that's a little better than 1 win, right?

If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 11:36 AM
If Daunte was a Dolphin after 2004 then yes I was here. I don't see the problem in fans having faith that their team is doing the right thing. I wanted Brees back then but was content with Culpepper. He didn't do **** for the team so there's really not much else to be said.

Going 11-5 was like having success with a asterisk next to it. It wouldn't have happened had Brady played but it still was an alright year. It was more of a fluke then anything seeing as how they flopped every year after.

all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.

SpurzN703
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
all fans should have hope but you also shouldn't attack a guy for bringing an objective view. You would think I said ken O'Brien was better than Dan marino. I gave an knowledgeable opinion on him, which by the way I offered long before Miami was even rumored to get him, but people think just b/c I am a jet fan and he was a dolphin that's why I was criticizing him. I give honest opinions, if I think you make good moves I praise, if I think you make bad moves I'll tell you.

Whether it was a fluke or not it happened and the team vastly improved under those guys- not where you want or need to be but they improved the team.

I don't remember the discussion about Culpepper but I'm sure people gave you **** for doubting him b/c that's how people are here. They don't want to hear anything negative about their team.

Vaark
06-14-2012, 02:35 PM
if only we had a 60 year old HC who has never had any success in this league then we'd be set!

you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

Kinzua
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM

What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.

nyjunc
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
you actually hired one - one that no one including the savvy GM who knew him best wanted any part of running the team.... and heavy evidence of an inbred, immoral and perverted one lacking any modicum of self-restraint, at that.

Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

What? No denial that Jabba can't possibly be fired because his record is so great and 20 lines of stats and references to AFCCGs lost to "prove" it? You're slipping, Junc.

BTW, you might want to check out Gailey's time with the Cowboys.

It seems to me that the Ravens haven't missed Jabba much at all since he departed. Surely, if he was soooo great, they couldn't have possibly have recovered so quickly from his loss.

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.

SpurzN703
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Rex isn't 50 yet and in just 3 seasons he has 4 playoff wins, 4 more than Grandpa Gailey, 4 more than Buf and Miami combined since 2001.

All with the same amount of Super Bowl wins too

NYCBillsFan
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM

I remember Gailey w/ dallas when he led them to a div title in 1998 then lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home in the WC rd giving the Cards their 2nd playoff win in team history and first since 1947. Year 2 brought an 8-8 season which qualified them for the playoffs where they got crushed in the WC rd by the Vikings. yes I remember the "great" cowboy days.

through 3 years post rex Bal made 1 title game, his new team made 2. rex has been in 3 of the last 4 title games.

And he's 0-3 in those title games..... Somehow, that's fine with you.......

Clipse
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM

Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to Sanchez and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.

nyjunc
06-15-2012, 08:27 AM
All with the same amount of Super Bowl wins too

You are right, it's all or nothing. Either you win it all or it's meaningless. Rich Kotite is as good a coach as Marv Levy was. Thanks.

Not fine at all but much better than goinbg 0 for the Century in reaching the playoffs.

Junc loves mediocrity even more so than most of the homers here. He's going to cling to Sanchez and Rex until the very end knowing damn well it's never going to work.

How is being one of the best teams in the league under Rex mediocrity?

Never going to work? I'm not talking Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino, Dave Waanstedt/Jay Fiedler, Nick Saban/Daunte Culpepper, Cam Cameron/whoever was their QB, Tony Sparano/Chad henne.

How is 2 title game apps in 3 years not working? Not working is not winning a playoff game in over a decade, not working is 1 playoff app since 2002, not working is no title game apps since 1993.

Kinzua
06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
You are right, it's all or nothing. Either you win it all or it's meaningless. Rich Kotite is as good a coach as Marv Levy was. Thanks.

:rotfl1: Did Kotite actually take a team to the Super Bowl? For that matter, did Jabba?

Not fine at all but much better than goinbg 0 for the Century in reaching the playoffs.

That's true, but Jabba's record is still hardly the great thing you make it out to be. He inherited a decent team that made the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006, and they would have likely made the playoffs most of the years they missed if Pennington and later Favre had been healthy.

The Jests are NOT and haven't been "one of the best teams in the league under Rex". See above.

Never going to work? I'm not talking Jimmy Johnson/Dan Marino, Dave Waanstedt/Jay Fiedler, Nick Saban/Daunte Culpepper, Cam Cameron/whoever was their QB, Tony Sparano/Chad henne.

How is 2 title game apps in 3 years not working? Not working is not winning a playoff game in over a decade, not working is 1 playoff app since 2002, not working is no title game apps since 1993.

Ryan/Sanchez is a joke. :sidelol: ... and now we see Junc bring up his favorite Jests accomplishment: losing 2 AFCCGs in a row. :sidelol:

Vaark
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM

How is one actual non-asterisk* worthy legitimate winning season in 3 years working? A case can be made that through the first 3 years in Philly, Kotite was a superior coach to Rex as what he accomplished, he did with no undeserved manna from heaven. :idk:

Sure Mark McGwire cheated to get into the record books, but on the other hand, unlike the jest who faced 2 teams who laid down for them having had absolutely nothing to gain in what they considered meaningless games other than keeping their starters healthy, at least MacGwire still had to hit balls over the fence that the pitchers weren't pitching underhand to him .

nyjunc
06-15-2012, 09:39 AM
:rotfl1: Did Kotite actually take a team to the Super Bowl? For that matter, did Jabba?

That's true, but Jabba's record is still hardly the great thing you make it out to be. He inherited a decent team that made the playoffs in 2002, 2004, and 2006, and they would have likely made the playoffs most of the years they missed if Pennington and later Favre had been healthy.

The Jests are NOT and haven't been "one of the best teams in the league under Rex". See above.

Ryan/Sanchez is a joke. :sidelol: ... and now we see Junc bring up his favorite Jests accomplishment: losing 2 AFCCGs in a row. :sidelol:

Kotite won a playoff game, something Chan has never done.

He inherited a team that made the playoff sin '02, '04 & '06? That's like saying Chan inherited a 4 time AFC Champion. Those early mid 00s teams were completely different than the '09 team he inherited that missed the playoffs in '08 w/ a much easier sched an a HOF QB.

since Rex took over:

Most playoff wins in AFC
tied for most playoff wins in NFL
ONLY team in NFL to reach 2 title games

They have been one of the best.

A joke is going 0 for the Century in playoff apps, a joke is 15 years and counting w/o winning a playoff game, a joke is needing to farm out games to Canada.

Kinzua
06-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Kotite won a playoff game, something Chan has never done.

He inherited a team that made the playoff sin '02, '04 & '06? That's like saying Chan inherited a 4 time AFC Champion. Those early mid 00s teams were completely different than the '09 team he inherited that missed the playoffs in '08 w/ a much easier sched an a HOF QB.

since Rex took over:

Most playoff wins in AFC

They have been one of the best.

A joke is going 0 for the Century in playoff apps, a joke is 15 years and counting w/o winning a playoff game, a joke is needing to farm out games to Canada.

2008 was the season that the Jests traded for Favre and cut Pennington loose. Penney had the last laugh, and the Jests didn't make the playoffs because Favre got hurt late in the season. They still had a great OL, a solid defense, a good running game, and a decent receiving corps but lacked a QB late. That's the team Jabba inherited, but you can't say that any of those units are as good in 2012 as they were in 2009. He's presided over the decline of the Jests.

Just because Jabba says it doesn't make it true, junc. You should have figured that out by now even if you won't admit it. 9-7 and 11-5 are nice but not nearly "one of the best" by a long shot, and failing to win the division and not making it to the SB really precludes the Jests from laying claim to being "one of the best". The only AFCE team that can make that claim plays its home games in Foxborough, MA. Deal with it. The Jests are also-rans.

Basking in the glory of being better than the Bills in last fifteen years really demonstrates how pathetic the Jests record has been.

nyjunc
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
2008 was the season that the Jests traded for Favre and cut Pennington loose. Penney had the last laugh, and the Jests didn't make the playoffs because Favre got hurt late in the season. They still had a great OL, a solid defense, a good running game, and a decent receiving corps but lacked a QB late. That's the team Jabba inherited, but you can't say that any of those units are as good in 2012 as they were in 2009. He's presided over the decline of the Jests.

Just because Jabba says it doesn't make it true, junc. You should have figured that out by now even if you won't admit it. 9-7 and 11-5 are nice but not nearly "one of the best" by a long shot, and failing to win the division and not making it to the SB really precludes the Jests from laying claim to being "one of the best". The only AFCE team that can make that claim plays its home games in Foxborough, MA. Deal with it. The Jests are also-rans.

Basking in the glory of being better than the Bills in last fifteen years really demonstrates how pathetic the Jests record has been.

He inherited a team that won 9 games agaist a creampuff sched w/ no Brady to deal w/ and w/ a HOFer at QB that missed the playoffs. The Jets hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 years, hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years. he didn't inherit a bad team but he didn't inherit a team that knew how to win.

Wrs are better
QBs better
TE better
DL better
LBs even
DBs better

where is this great decline? The only area we have really declined is on the OL(the decline of the run game fcomes from the struggles ogf the OL last year). That's the only place we aren't as strong or stronger in 2012 than we were in 2009.

It's all about results:

Most playoff wins in AFC

They have ben one of the best whether you can admit it or not.

In 2 of the 3 yars we advanced further than NE including whipping them in Foxboro in the div rd of 2010.

I don't bask in the glory of being better than the Bills, that is expected, but when Bills fans attack my team I can correctly point out how much better we have been.

Kinzua
06-16-2012, 07:41 AM
He inherited a team that won 9 games agaist a creampuff sched w/ no Brady to deal w/ and w/ a HOFer at QB that missed the playoffs. The Jets hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 years, hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years. he didn't inherit a bad team but he didn't inherit a team that knew how to win.

Wrs are better
QBs better
TE better
DL better
LBs even
DBs better

where is this great decline? The only area we have really declined is on the OL(the decline of the run game fcomes from the struggles ogf the OL last year). That's the only place we aren't as strong or stronger in 2012 than we were in 2009.

Your WRs are Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, a 2nd round rookie who had fewer catches in his entire college career than most good collegiate WRs have in a season, and a bunch of rejects or never weres. They are nowhere near as good. The fact that all the media mavens were mocking the Phins for having the worst WRs while not even talking about the Jests crap receiving corps simply underscores pro-Jests media bias. Your #1 WR might not even be the #2 WR on most NFL teams.

Your TE gets better #s because Sanchez checks down so much, as in, he's stolen Trent Edwards' title of Cap'n Checkdown.

Sanchez is better, barely, than his rookie self from 2009. After 50+ starts, that's sad. He also lost control of his team at the end of the season because of his crappy play. Tim Tebow is the worse backup QB in the NFL, not because he sucks as a passer (which is absolutely true) but because he was brought in to step into Sanchez's job when El Guapo fails, which is what he is being set up to do.

How is the DL better? Just because the Jests drafted a DE doesn't mean he does a lot as rookie, especially with his questionable attitude. At best, it's a push.

The DBs are NOT better. CBs are about the same, but you have no FS and your SS are likely to be liabilities in the passing game.

I have to laugh that you admitted that the OL and RBs are defintely much worse than in 2009, both in starters and in depth, by simply ignoring them. Along with the defense, the OL and the RBs were the most important parts of the Jests formula for making the post season in both 2009 and 2010. "Ground and pound" can't work with a mediocre OL and mediocre RBs.

Clipse
06-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Glad you're happy with that. Us fans who don't care much for mediocrity want Superbowls, not back to back AFCCG losses. We want a great QB since this is a QB driven league, not a Mark Sanchez or Matt Moore.

And LOL at one of the best teams in the league. The best teams in the league aren't going 8-8 and backing into the playoffs at 9-7. The Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Packers. Not the Steelers. Not the Saints. They were a 2 year postseason fluke never to be heard from again.

NYCBillsFan
06-16-2012, 01:18 PM
blah, blah, blah........

A joke is even with all of the Bills failures in this century, the Jets still have a worse franchise record than the Bills. You are trying to dog the Bills franchise every step of the way, but the Jets still are 5 games behind that franchise you so laugh at. How was the Jets record in the 20th Century? Do we really need to go round and round comparing two teams that are sub .500 in franchise records?

Oh, and Canada is one game. I'm not digging it at all. How do you like farming your entire home schedule out to New Jersey?

MiamiCalifornia
06-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm not going to sit here and ignore the fact that the Jets made it to 2 AFCCG's, but let's be real here. What does that ultimately prove? It proves the Jets had 2 chances to get it done and they failed. They failed. That's all anyone really puts weight into. Success in this league is measured by super bowl wins, not playoff losses.

nyjunc
06-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Your WRs are Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, a 2nd round rookie who had fewer catches in his entire college career than most good collegiate WRs have in a season, and a bunch of rejects or never weres. They are nowhere near as good. The fact that all the media mavens were mocking the Phins for having the worst WRs while not even talking about the Jests crap receiving corps simply underscores pro-Jests media bias. Your #1 WR might not even be the #2 WR on most NFL teams.

Your TE gets better #s because Sanchez checks down so much, as in, he's stolen Trent Edwards' title of Cap'n Checkdown.

Sanchez is better, barely, than his rookie self from 2009. After 50+ starts, that's sad. He also lost control of his team at the end of the season because of his crappy play. Tim Tebow is the worse backup QB in the NFL, not because he sucks as a passer (which is absolutely true) but because he was brought in to step into Sanchez's job when El Guapo fails, which is what he is being set up to do.

How is the DL better? Just because the Jests drafted a DE doesn't mean he does a lot as rookie, especially with his questionable attitude. At best, it's a push.

The DBs are NOT better. CBs are about the same, but you have no FS and your SS are likely to be liabilities in the passing game.

I have to laugh that you admitted that the OL and RBs are defintely much worse than in 2009, both in starters and in depth, by simply ignoring them. Along with the defense, the OL and the RBs were the most important parts of the Jests formula for making the post season in both 2009 and 2010. "Ground and pound" can't work with a mediocre OL and mediocre RBs.

Goping into 2009 we had Jerricho Cotchery(good player and Chansi Stcukey as our WRs, this year we have Holmes(I love Cotch but he's better) and Hill as our starters w/ Kerley as our #WR and watch out for Chaz Schilens if he stays healthy. Our WR corps is defintiely better than 2009 and don't worry about college stats w/ Hill- they mean absoltuely nothing. He's a big, physical WR w/ deep threat speed. He's going to help this offense.

Did you not see mark's first 2 seasons when he had a deep threat? he threw long a lot but he didn't ahve a deep threat a year ago or the time to throw deep balls.

He's much better than he was as a rookie, just stop posting nonsense.

If Tebow was brought in to take sanchez's job why did they extend Sanchez? why did they ask Tebow to bulk up to 250 lbs? why do they have tebow as the up man on punts?

How is the DL better? seriously? Mo Wilkerson is in year 2(and he was good as a rookie, drafting Coples, a healthy Mike devito, bringing in karl Dunbar to coach the DL. The DL is going to be really good.

The DBs are better w/o a doubt. Cro is better than Lito Sheppard, revis is Revis, our safeties are about even.

The OL and run game were the important keys to our '0 O, in '10 the OL got worse, the run game got worse and the pass game was the key to our success. Every O needs a quality OL, we didn't have it last year.

That "mediocre" RB averaged 4.2 YPC a year ago and that was w/ all the OL problems, you are selling Greene a little short.

Glad you're happy with that. Us fans who don't care much for mediocrity want Superbowls, not back to back AFCCG losses. We want a great QB since this is a QB driven league, not a Mark Sanchez or Matt Moore.

And LOL at one of the best teams in the league. The best teams in the league aren't going 8-8 and backing into the playoffs at 9-7. The Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Packers. Not the Steelers. Not the Saints. They were a 2 year postseason fluke never to be heard from again.

I'll enjoy making runs to Sbs that hopefully lead to SBs in the future, you enjoy zero playoff wins since 2000 and rarely competing for postseasons.

AGAIN,

lead AFC in playoff wins
tuied for NFL lead
ONLY team to reach 2 title games

One of the best teams in the league.

A joke is even with all of the Bills failures in this century, the Jets still have a worse franchise record than the Bills. You are trying to dog the Bills franchise every step of the way, but the Jets still are 5 games behind that franchise you so laugh at. How was the Jets record in the 20th Century? Do we really need to go round and round comparing two teams that are sub .500 in franchise records?

Oh, and Canada is one game. I'm not digging it at all. How do you like farming your entire home schedule out to New Jersey?

Who cares about franchise record? I don't care that you were great in the AFL days or in the early 90s when the AFC stunk. You have a few more wins and ZERO SB wins along w/ ZERO postseaso apps since 2000 and ZERO postseason wins since the mid 90s.

The NEW YORK represents NYC not NY State. We play in the NYC metro area just like Buf plays in the Bu metro area. ER, NJ is closer to NYC than OP is to Buffalo.

I'm not going to sit here and ignore the fact that the Jets made it to 2 AFCCG's, but let's be real here. What does that ultimately prove? It proves the Jets had 2 chances to get it done and they failed. They failed. That's all anyone really puts weight into. Success in this league is measured by super bowl wins, not playoff losses.

I enjoy the team winning, I enjoy the team playing and winning in January. It sure beats never making the playoffs but as long as you guys are happy never competing go ahead and enjoy it.

SpurzN703
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM

So we agree then....

nyjunc
06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
So we agree then....

Yep, Tom Couglin & Tom Flores are equals w/ Don Shula. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli manning are better than Dan marino.

SpurzN703
06-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Yep, Tom Couglin & Tom Flores are equals w/ Don Shula. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Eli manning are better than Dan marino.

We're discussing teams here, not individual players or coaches.

nyjunc
06-18-2012, 11:13 AM
We're discussing teams here, not individual players or coaches.

OK, since 1974 the Bucs & Saints have been better franchises than the Dolphins- you must agree based on everything else you have said.

Kinzua
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
OK, since 1974 the Bucs & Saints have been better franchises than the Dolphins- you must agree based on everything else you have said.

Yeah, but the Fins have been better than the Jets since 1969.

nyjunc
06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but the Fins have been better than the Jets since 1969.

and pretty much everyone has been better than Buffalo since 1966:lol:

SpurzN703
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM

You and I continue to agree it seems. The Dolphins haven't been relevant since 1973.

nyjunc
06-18-2012, 03:31 PM
You and I continue to agree it seems. The Dolphins haven't been relevant since 1973.

so you think since 1974 TB and NO have had more successful franchises overall?

SpurzN703
06-19-2012, 10:37 AM
so you think since 1974 TB and NO have had more successful franchises overall?

Yep. You always like to point out that the Dolphins haven't won **** in 40 years. I'm right there with you. Are we really going to spend the next week arguing that the Dolphins haven't won in our lifetimes?

nyjunc
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep. You always like to point out that the Dolphins haven't won **** in 40 years. I'm right there with you. Are we really going to spend the next week arguing that the Dolphins haven't won in our lifetimes?

It's not about that, Miami has had a much better franchise than NO or TB 1974-current despite the other 2 winning a SB each and Miami not winning one. TB and NO were awful most of the last 38 years, Miami was good for most of that time

Kinzua
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
and pretty much everyone has been better than Buffalo since 1966:lol:

That's true, but unlike yourself, I don't pretend it's not true by cherry-picking stats.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to the coming season because my team looks pretty good on paper, certainly better than the Jets do. What happened last year, much less three years ago or 35 years ago, has no bearing on 2012. What matters is what steps teams have taken since last season to improve themselves -- or NOT. :rimshot:

nyjunc
06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
That's true, but unlike yourself, I don't pretend it's not true by cherry-picking stats.

More importantly, I'm looking forward to the coming season because my team looks pretty good on paper, certainly better than the Jets do. What happened last year, much less three years ago or 35 years ago, has no bearing on 2012. What matters is what steps teams have taken since last season to improve themselves -- or NOT. :rimshot:

what paper would that be? You have better RB depth and a better DL- pretty much everywhere else we are better and we actually have winning experience and a coach who has won in january.

Our team was better last year(despite the poor season) and is much better on paper now than the end of last season. Your team was bad last year and improved, you had more room to improve but you still haven't caught us despite your homeristic claims.

I don't cherry pick anything, I xdeal in reality but for someone like you it's hard to deal with.

SpurzN703
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't cherry pick anything, I xdeal in reality but for someone like you it's hard to deal with.

Why stay here every day and deal with people who lie and aren't dealing with reality then?

nyjunc
06-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Why stay here every day and deal with people who lie and aren't dealing with reality then?

Should I run away? I enjoy going back and forth.

SpurzN703
06-19-2012, 04:12 PM
It's not about that, Miami has had a much better franchise than NO or TB 1974-current despite the other 2 winning a SB each and Miami not winning one. TB and NO were awful most of the last 38 years, Miami was good for most of that time

It's been a long time since I remember the Dolphins being a real good team. New Orleans should be good so long as Drew Brees is around. Tampa Bay has the chance to be decent as well.

From 1974 to now, I'd trade any success you say the Dolphins might have had since then for the one SB win for TB and NO.

NYCBillsFan
06-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Who cares about franchise record? I don't care that you were great in the AFL days or in the early 90s when the AFC stunk. You have a few more wins and ZERO SB wins along w/ ZERO postseaso apps since 2000 and ZERO postseason wins since the mid 90s.

The NEW YORK represents NYC not NY State. We play in the NYC metro area just like Buf plays in the Bu metro area. ER, NJ is closer to NYC than OP is to Buffalo.

I guess you don't, seeing that it is an embarrassment to the Jets franchise. You cherry pick like no other I've seen. If you don't care about the Bills being great in the AFL days or in the early 90's when the AFC stunk, why should I or anyone else care that the Jets went to back-to-back AFCCG in '09 and '10 and lost? Why should that be something to be more proud of than anything that the Bills, Dolphins, or pretty much most NFL franchises have done? So you failed later in the year more recently than the Bills or Dolphins? So Fing what? You make it sound like it's the greatest accomplishment, but in reality, it's just another form of failure, and it's still failure. Win a Super Bowl with Rex, then brag, until then, he's an unproven blowhard. He's not even Andy Reid good. I personally hope Rex stays with the Jets for at least 10 more years. It'll be 10 more years that the Jets won't win a Super Bowl.......

nyjunc
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I guess you don't, seeing that it is an embarrassment to the Jets franchise. You cherry pick like no other I've seen. If you don't care about the Bills being great in the AFL days or in the early 90's when the AFC stunk, why should I or anyone else care that the Jets went to back-to-back AFCCG in '09 and '10 and lost? Why should that be something to be more proud of than anything that the Bills, Dolphins, or pretty much most NFL franchises have done? So you failed later in the year more recently than the Bills or Dolphins? So Fing what? You make it sound like it's the greatest accomplishment, but in reality, it's just another form of failure, and it's still failure. Win a Super Bowl with Rex, then brag, until then, he's an unproven blowhard. He's not even Andy Reid good. I personally hope Rex stays with the Jets for at least 10 more years. It'll be 10 more years that the Jets won't win a Super Bowl.......

why is it an embarrassment? The Bills have had success throughout the years, just not recently.

'09 and '10 are recent and relevant, the 60s are not(do I crow about winning SB III?) and the 90s are not.

Obviously I want a SB but it's not easy to win them and I appreciate going to the playoffs and winning playoff games. '09 and '10 were really exciting times for Jet fans, when is the last time you had any excitement as a Bills fan? You guys are giddy signing a good, not great, pass rusher and acting like you signed reggie White- you don't think Jet fans should be excited actualyl winning big games in january?

If you want Rex to stay you want the Jets to be among the best teams in the league so thank you for that. I LOVE Chan Gailey b/c I know you will never win w/ him. rex has proven he can win big, just needs to 2 more wins in Jan/Feb.

Jetsfan0099
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
The Jets are blaming most of last season's problems on Brian Schottenheimer. Sometimes simply a new face can help. I think a big part of this was that players and fans had come to dislike Brian Schottenheimer for whatever reasons and he simply had to go for them to start over again.

This is a good spot for Sparano because he was overwhelmed as a HC not to mention he lived here for a year with Ross looking to replace him and then expecting to be fired any day.

I go to a couple of Jet's boards and they say that on one hand Brian Schottenheimer's offnese was too complex but then also too simple. They had 5 formations, a lot of movement, different packages to run only the same 4 pass routes out of. (I'm very interested in seeing how Brian Schottenheimer does with the Rams).

Then they say that Sparano keeps things simple but also has a lot of "ideas". I try to explain to them that Sparano did not come up with the Wildcat and I thought that Tebow will be used in the same spread option as in Denver but at least so far (and it is early) Sparano does seem to be using the Wildcat. The Jet's Wildcat will not have Sanchez in it with nothing to do. It will be a better formation simply having the "QB playing WR" part out of it.

But it kind of shows Sparano as a plodder, thinking way back inside the box.

I expect a lot of ground and pound out of Sparano. It is what the Jets were doing best until they decided to have Sanchez try to win games for them last season and the fell apart.

There is something about Schotty's system that players have always thought was too complex. I remember rumblings back when Pennington was QB, that players felt like there was too much on him.Then Favre came and said the offense was too complicated. Then Sanchez has issues with it. This has not been a QB friendly offense. A lot of the problem is that Schotty doesn't even know what he wants, he tried to outsmart guys and outsmarted himself, he doesn't know how to get a offense into rhythm and hes all over the place with his calls. No identity as the offense is a game to game, we lost some games because we got away from the identity of the team.

I like how Sparano is bringing discipline to our offense and they will have an identity, hopefully guys are more comfortable/confident in the system. Holmes has said this offense is similar to the Steelers offense when he was there, he never liked Schotty's offense, hes complained about it multiple times.

NYCBillsFan
06-20-2012, 09:36 PM
why is it an embarrassment? The Bills have had success throughout the years, just not recently.

'09 and '10 are recent and relevant, the 60s are not(do I crow about winning SB III?) and the 90s are not.

Obviously I want a SB but it's not easy to win them and I appreciate going to the playoffs and winning playoff games. '09 and '10 were really exciting times for Jet fans, when is the last time you had any excitement as a Bills fan? You guys are giddy signing a good, not great, pass rusher and acting like you signed reggie White- you don't think Jet fans should be excited actualyl winning big games in january?

If you want Rex to stay you want the Jets to be among the best teams in the league so thank you for that. I LOVE Chan Gailey b/c I know you will never win w/ him. rex has proven he can win big, just needs to 2 more wins in Jan/Feb.

No he hasn't. Rex has proven he can't win a CG. Rex has proven he can't make it into the Super Bowl. That's all he's proven.

NYCBillsFan
06-20-2012, 09:47 PM

What's embarrassing is that you are taking this recent "success" the Jets have had and completely exaggerating it. They have done well these last three years, but nothing even remotely resembling elite. I guess you wouldn't understand because Jets fans have been so starved for success that they seem elite compared to other Jets teams. That might be true, but they aren't elite compared to other NFL teams.

nyjunc
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
No he hasn't. Rex has proven he can't win a CG. Rex has proven he can't make it into the Super Bowl. That's all he's proven.

He's 4-2 in the playoffs w/ 4 road wins. That's 4 more playoff wins than Grandpa Gailey has, that's 4 more than Buf as a franchise has since 1996, the 4 road playoff wins are as many as Buf has in their entire history and he's done this w/ a supposed crappy QB. Isn't it amazing how our HC sucks and our QB sucks yet we've had so much success?

What's embarrassing is that you are taking this recent "success" the Jets have had and completely exaggerating it. They have done well these last three years, but nothing even remotely resembling elite. I guess you wouldn't understand because Jets fans have been so starved for success that they seem elite compared to other Jets teams. That might be true, but they aren't elite compared to other NFL teams.

There is nothing exaggerated about it. The ONLY team in the NFL to reach 2 title games, LEAD the AFC in playoff wins, tied for NFL lead in playoff wins. That's elite no matter how jealous you are.

of course we are starved for success unlike a team that has NEVER won a SB, hasn't been to the playoffs this Century and hasn't won a playoff game since 1995. When you think success you think Buffalo Bills!:lol:

NYCBillsFan
06-21-2012, 08:53 PM
He's 4-2 in the playoffs w/ 4 road wins. That's 4 more playoff wins than Grandpa Gailey has, that's 4 more than Buf as a franchise has since 1996, the 4 road playoff wins are as many as Buf has in their entire history and he's done this w/ a supposed crappy QB. Isn't it amazing how our HC sucks and our QB sucks yet we've had so much success?

There is nothing exaggerated about it. The ONLY team in the NFL to reach 2 title games, LEAD the AFC in playoff wins, tied for NFL lead in playoff wins. That's elite no matter how jealous you are.

of course we are starved for success unlike a team that has NEVER won a SB, hasn't been to the playoffs this Century and hasn't won a playoff game since 1995. When you think success you think Buffalo Bills!:lol:

I'm talking about the Jets and you keep bringing up the Bills. Are the Bills really your benchmark? You boast about meaningless playoff wins, as if that means something. Talk to a Philly fan and ask them how elite they were when they were losing NFC Championships with regularity. I'm telling you this because when I look back on the Bills in the 90's, it's empty. There is no Super Bowl title, so they may have been closer than anyone else for four years straight, but they never closed the deal. Were they a solid team? Yes. Were they elite? Maybe, but without a Lombardi, it's tough to say. I'm shocked that you are so free to boast elite when the Jets haven't made it to a Super Bowl since Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison were still alive. To fall short of a Super Bowl title isn't elite. You can convince yourself all you want, but it won't make it any more true.

Try defending the Jets pathetic franchise record on their merits, not by diverting attention away to other non-important drivel..........

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm talking about the Jets and you keep bringing up the Bills. Are the Bills really your benchmark? You boast about meaningless playoff wins, as if that means something. Talk to a Philly fan and ask them how elite they were when they were losing NFC Championships with regularity. I'm telling you this because when I look back on the Bills in the 90's, it's empty. There is no Super Bowl title, so they may have been closer than anyone else for four years straight, but they never closed the deal. Were they a solid team? Yes. Were they elite? Maybe, but without a Lombardi, it's tough to say. I'm shocked that you are so free to boast elite when the Jets haven't made it to a Super Bowl since Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison were still alive. To fall short of a Super Bowl title isn't elite. You can convince yourself all you want, but it won't make it any more true.

Try defending the Jets pathetic franchise record on their merits, not by diverting attention away to other non-important drivel..........

Philly was an elite team most of the 00s, they never won a SB(just like Buf in the 90s) but they were still elite.

I bring up the Bills b/c you would think a fan of Buf would appreciate playoff apps and title game apps considering you haven't made a postseason since 1999, haven't won a postseason game since 1995 and have only competed for ONE postseason from 2000-2011(when you lost to Pitt backups at home needing a win to get in during the '04 season).

Elite doesn't mean SB champs, elite teams are the best teams in the league. the best teams don't always win SBs, to be in the NFLs final 4 is elite. Only 4 of 32 teams make that game- only 12.5% of teams in this league- that's elite.

NYCBillsFan
06-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Philly was an elite team most of the 00s, they never won a SB(just like Buf in the 90s) but they were still elite.

I bring up the Bills b/c you would think a fan of Buf would appreciate playoff apps and title game apps considering you haven't made a postseason since 1999, haven't won a postseason game since 1995 and have only competed for ONE postseason from 2000-2011(when you lost to Pitt backups at home needing a win to get in during the '04 season).

Elite doesn't mean SB champs, elite teams are the best teams in the league. the best teams don't always win SBs, to be in the NFLs final 4 is elite. Only 4 of 32 teams make that game- only 12.5% of teams in this league- that's elite.

I appreciate SB wins, that's it. IMO, settling for anything else is a losers mentality.......

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I appreciate SB wins, that's it. IMO, settling for anything else is a losers mentality.......

I feel bad for you if you can't enjoy the ride esepcially since we don't play and have no affect on the outcome of games.

I've been watching games for 30 years now w/o a SB, I love the game, I love watching to se if my team can win, I love the memories of times spent w/ family and friends, it's not SB or nothing for me.

SpurzN703
06-22-2012, 10:28 AM

This has nothing to do with the fact that the Jets are a division rival. There's not a single shred of jealousy here. I've said the Patriots are elite. I don't like the Steelers at all but they've been elite too.

I know you weren't originally talking to me but personally I call it like I see it. Even if the team in question is the one I hate in all of sports, if they're good, or elite, or the GOAT, I'd admit it without hesitation.

Funky Fin
06-22-2012, 10:41 AM
The ONLY team in the NFL to reach 2 title games, LEAD the AFC in playoff wins, tied for NFL lead in playoff wins. That's elite no matter how jealous you are.

So your definition of elite is settling for 2nd-3rd place for two straight years and then ****ting the bed the following season?

Now that's just straight comical.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/imagesqtbnANd9GcQAlgmQcsMdKXRFzzkdzNgZPE-1.jpg

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
This has nothing to do with the fact that the Jets are a division rival. There's not a single shred of jealousy here. I've said the Patriots are elite. I don't like the Steelers at all but they've been elite too.

I know you weren't originally talking to me but personally I call it like I see it. Even if the team in question is the one I hate in all of sports, if they're good, or elite, or the GOAT, I'd admit it without hesitation.

The Pats and Steelers are elite, from '09-'11 neither has won a SB, both have 2 LESS playoff wisn than the Jets and 1 less title game app(the Jets even beat NE in one of the postseasons) but they are elite those 3 years and the Jets are not:lol:

who is funky fin and why does he just show up after the heat win?

Funky Fin
06-22-2012, 11:06 AM
who is funky fin and why does he just show up after the heat win?

Funky Fin has been around since '07 under a different alias.:3w:

DisturbedShifty
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM

Being elite is actually being able to win those AFC Championship games.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

SpurzN703
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
The Pats and Steelers are elite, from '09-'11 neither has won a SB, both have 2 LESS playoff wisn than the Jets and 1 less title game app(the Jets even beat NE in one of the postseasons) but they are elite those 3 years and the Jets are not:lol:

So now the Patriots and Jets are on the same level? Hilarious

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Being elite is actually being able to win those AFC Championship games.

It really is that simple

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
So now the Patriots and Jets are on the same level? Hilarious

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

It really is that simple

2009-2011

Team A has 4 playoff wins including whipping Team B at team B's Stadium
Team B has 2 playoff wins including being whipped by Team A at home

Team A has advanced further than Team B in 2 of the 3 postseasons

Maybe I'm wrong but 2 is greater than 1, right?

DisturbedShifty
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM

Isn't that kind of a no brainer? Doesn't all that really mean is that the Pats and the Steelers are capable of getting first and second seed playoff berths? Which in turn translate to first round byes?

And yeah, I will give the Jets credit for doing it the hard way and turning it on when it counted. But all they have to show for it are some stats in a record book. Unlike the Giants who did it the same way and managed to win two Super Bowls. With the same head coach I might add.

Bingit
06-22-2012, 11:59 AM
2009-2011

Team A has 0 Super Bowl Apps.

Team B has 1 Super Bowl App.

Maybe I'm wrong but 1 Super Bowl App is better than 0, right?

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Team A has 0 Super Bowl Apps.

Team B has 1 Super Bowl App.

Maybe I'm wrong but 1 Super Bowl App is better than 0, right?

did Team B lose that SB app in a game they were favored in?

NYCBillsFan
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM

Swing and a miss!!!!!!!

NYCBillsFan
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
2009-2011

Way to conveniently leave off 2008. I know, "But I was talking about since Rex was the HC......"

nyjunc
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Way to conveniently leave off 2008. I know, "But I was talking about since Rex was the HC......"

if you know why are you asking? even if we include 2008 the Jets still have twice as many playoff wins as NE.

B/c I like you i'll let you include Buf from 1996-2011 for the purposes of this discussion. let me know what you find.

NYCBillsFan
06-22-2012, 06:14 PM
if you know why are you asking? even if we include 2008 the Jets still have twice as many playoff wins as NE.

B/c I like you i'll let you include Buf from 1996-2011 for the purposes of this discussion. let me know what you find.

Zero wins. How many division titles do the Jets have in their entire history? Don't worry, you should be able to count that high, you only need one hand........

Kinzua
06-23-2012, 07:34 AM

Just for ****s and giggles, we could count up how many playoff appearances/wins the Bills and Jets had between 1989 and 1995. I wonder who would have more? :rolleyes:

MarshallFin1
06-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Just for ****s and giggles, we could count up how many playoff appearances/wins the Bills and Jets had between 1989 and 1995. I wonder who would have more? :rolleyes:

Lmao, wasnt sparano a new coach last year when mr ross asked him to be a more aggressive head coach? and what did we get, the same old conservative bull**** we are use too. Empty stadium, 0-7 start to the season, and just same ol sparano encouraging players off the field.

Kinzua
06-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Lmao, wasnt sparano a new coach last year when mr ross asked him to be a more aggressive head coach? and what did we get, the same old conservative bull**** we are use too. Empty stadium, 0-7 start to the season, and just same ol sparano encouraging players off the field.

The Jests are loaded with offensive talent though, so the Jests are goin' to the Super Bowl with their obviously great D and soon-to-be great O.

Sanchez has shown nothing since about the middle of his second season, but no matter. They have Tebow to save El Guapo's butt.
They have a disgruntled diva as their #1 WR and are depending on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season to be their #2 WR -- or Oakland refugee Curt Schillens (Yeah, I said, "Who???", too). That all doesn't matter, either, because Tony S will fix it all up. The previous offense was too complicated for the Jests geniuses to grasp, but Sparano will make simpler better.
They've replaced quality OL starters with career backups and virtually ignored OL in the draft, but watch Sparano turn Wayne Hunter into a pro bowler.
Shonn Greene, of course, is going to tear up the league. Sparano got so much production out of the offensive talent that the Fins had that it's hard to imagine him NOT molding the Jests talent into a Packers-style passing team with a Niners-type running game. Sanchez will throw for 30 TDs and Greene will run for 1300 yards. Watch it happen!

//sarcasm off :sidelol:

MarshallFin1
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
The Jests are loaded with offensive talent though, so the Jests are goin' to the Super Bowl with their obviously great D and soon-to-be great O.

Sanchez has shown nothing since about the middle of his second season, but no matter. They have Tebow to save El Guapo's butt.
They have a disgruntled diva as their #1 WR and are depending on a rookie who caught 9 passes last season to be their #2 WR -- or Oakland refugee Curt Schillens (Yeah, I said, "Who???", too). That all doesn't matter, either, because Tony S will fix it all up. The previous offense was too complicated for the Jests geniuses to grasp, but Sparano will make simpler better.
They've replaced quality OL starters with career backups and virtually ignored OL in the draft, but watch Sparano turn Wayne Hunter into a pro bowler.
Shonn Greene, of course, is going to tear up the league. Sparano got so much production out of the offensive talent that the Fins had that it's hard to imagine him NOT molding the Jests talent into a Packers-style passing team with a Niners-type running game. Sanchez will throw for 30 TDs and Greene will run for 1300 yards. Watch it happen!

are you kidding me? he might be good at motivating and gettin players to buy into him, but the fact is, he will always go back to his insticts in crunch time and be conservative when the game is on the line. I remember the cowboys game, we were in control, up by 2 with 2 minutes left, all we needed was 2 -3 first downs to ice the game, sparano got conservative and did nothing but run the ball, giving the ball back to dallas and losing us the game. After we loss i saw sparanos expression, it almost look like the guy was content with losing as long as we made it a close game. Not an offensive coordinator i'd be excited about at all. The jets might have some success early but as soon as they start losing, rex ryan and sparano are going to be bumpin heads real quick, sparano thought he had it bad in miami? wait til he gets on rexs bad side for costing them games. I dont give him a year up there in ny before he resigns and goes back to being an o-line coach for dallas.

Kinzua
06-23-2012, 04:14 PM
are you kidding me? he might be good at motivating and gettin players to buy into him, but the fact is, he will always go back to his insticts in crunch time and be conservative when the game is on the line. I remember the cowboys game, we were in control, up by 2 with 2 minutes left, all we needed was 2 -3 first downs to ice the game, sparano got conservative and did nothing but run the ball, giving the ball back to dallas and losing us the game. After we loss i saw sparanos expression, it almost look like the guy was content with losing as long as we made it a close game. Not an offensive coordinator i'd be excited about at all. The jets might have some success early but as soon as they start losing, rex ryan and sparano are going to be bumpin heads real quick, sparano thought he had it bad in miami? wait til he gets on rexs bad side for costing them games. I dont give him a year up there in ny before he resigns and goes back to being an o-line coach for dallas.

I put "//end sarcasm" at the end of my post to indicate it was sarcasm. The Jests hired Sparano because he's conservative because they think the problem last season was that they didn't run enough. The fact is that the reason that they had to pass so much was because they couldn't run very well. They were 29th in the league in ypc rushing, and they're bringing back the entire crew that achieved that scintillating achievement except for replacing Schottenheimer with Sparano, the OL coach with a new guy (DeGuigeliamo???), and Tomlinson with Joe McKnight.

I would NOT be surprised to see the Jests' offense slip even lower than 2011's great 25th ranking. Ryan and Sparano want to turn back the clock to 1985 ... Jabba is planning on featuring his pater's 46 defense apparently.

SpurzN703
06-23-2012, 08:48 PM
2009-2011

Getting to the Super Bowl trumps not getting to it. Anyone sane would agree.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

It's still better to have lost in the SB than to not have even gotten to it.

nyjunc
06-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Zero wins. How many division titles do the Jets have in their entire history? Don't worry, you should be able to count that high, you only need one hand........

we have 4, 2 have happened since the last time Buf won a playoff game but I'd rather earn a WC and play for the right to go to the SB than win a div title and lose right away.

Go ahed, 1989-1995 was a long time ago, you guys were better at the time- congrats. I hope that makes 1996-current easier for you.

Sanchez has shown nothing other than helping his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games in 3 seasons as a starter. If we only had Fitz!

Do you guys realize 3 of our 4 expected top weapons for 2011 are either retired(LT, Mason) or can't find work(Plax)? It's pretty remarkable he helped us get to 8 wins knowong that and w/ the OL issues.

Our disgruntled diva WR has helped us(and Pitt) win a lot games and a lot of big games. if only we had Stevie to get dumb penal;ties and drop big passes late in games.

Who is a career backup other than Hunter? Hunter earned his starting spot based on what he did in place of Woody 2 years ago. Isn't it amazing how bad he is, how bad Sanchez is, how bad Rex is and yet we nearly made the SB w/ thouse guys 2 years ago?

Greene averaged 4.2 YPC w/ a mediocre at best OL, he's much better than you give him credit for

Sparano wasn't the dolphins OC last time I checked.

Getting to the Super Bowl trumps not getting to it. Anyone sane would agree.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

It's still better to have lost in the SB than to not have even gotten to it.

Yep but the team that lost in the SB was a big favorite and blew it and we've been better 2 of the last 3 years.

DisturbedShifty
06-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Yep but the team that lost in the SB was a big favorite and blew it and we've been better 2 of the last 3 years.

Funny. Even though the Jets have been better than the most current Super Bowl contestants these past three years, those teams could at least MAKE the Super Bowl.

An even a bigger slap in the face is the fact that the Giants went through playoffs the same way as the Jets, all road games, and managed to win two Super Bowls.

Kinzua
06-25-2012, 09:21 AM
we have 4, 2 have happened since the last time Buf won a playoff game but I'd rather earn a WC and play for the right to go to the SB than win a div title and lose right away.

Go ahed, 1989-1995 was a long time ago, you guys were better at the time- congrats. I hope that makes 1996-current easier for you.

If the Jests had even had the opportunity to lose a Super Bowl in the last 43 years, you wouldn't be touting their losses in the conference championships like some ditzy highschool girl flashing her $500 engagement ring at all her classmates. I bet Niner and Ravens fans aren't crowing about just missing going to the Super Bowl -- and both of those teams did a whole lot better in their conference championship losses than the Jests did in either of theirs.

Sanchez has shown nothing other than helping his team win 4 road playoff games and reach 2 title games in 3 seasons as a starter. If we only had Fitz!

Do you guys realize 3 of our 4 expected top weapons for 2011 are either retired(LT, Mason) or can't find work(Plax)? It's pretty remarkable he helped us get to 8 wins knowong that and w/ the OL issues.

Our disgruntled diva WR has helped us(and Pitt) win a lot games and a lot of big games. if only we had Stevie to get dumb penal;ties and drop big passes late in games.

Who is a career backup other than Hunter? Hunter earned his starting spot based on what he did in place of Woody 2 years ago. Isn't it amazing how bad he is, how bad Sanchez is, how bad Rex is and yet we nearly made the SB w/ thouse guys 2 years ago?

Greene averaged 4.2 YPC w/ a mediocre at best OL, he's much better than you give him credit for

Despite having lousy OT play that limited their playbook and despite having a wave of injuries beginning about mid season, the Bills had an offense ranked in the top half of the league. Their rushing game was ranked top five -- and they lost their best RB/offensive player with 5 or 6 games left. The Bills went out and did something about it: they hired the best QB coach available and they drafted 3 OLers and a WR.

The mighty Jets were ranked 25th, and nearly last in rushing. What did they do to address their offensive problems? They hired an OC who has no experience as an OC. They traded up in the 2nd round to draft a WR who had 9 receptions as a senior and 45 for his entire college career. Hill may turn out to be great, but it's unlikely he'll turn into a star in 2012.

Sparano wasn't the dolphins OC last time I checked.

True. He was a crappy HC who was originally hired because he was the GM's (Parcells) pal. Sparano was as unqualified to be a HC as it was possible to be. His credentials to be an OC aren't much better. Thinking he's going to turn the Jests' offense into an effective unit is wishful thinking, but then, among delusional Jests fans, you are among the leaders.

You were better than NONE of the playoff teams last season, sweetpea, and that's the one that counts until the start of this season. Last season existed and your team sucked just like the Bills and Fins despite your best efforts to pretend it didn't. Deal with it.

nyjunc
06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Funny. Even though the Jets have been better than the most current Super Bowl contestants these past three years, those teams could at least MAKE the Super Bowl.

An even a bigger slap in the face is the fact that the Giants went through playoffs the same way as the Jets, all road games, and managed to win two Super Bowls.

Actually the last SB they hosted a playoff game against the Mighty Falcons. The Jets played better teams for the most part in their title game runs(not counting the SB) than NYG playedin the NFC playoffs

If the Jests had even had the opportunity to lose a Super Bowl in the last 43 years, you wouldn't be touting their losses in the conference championships like some ditzy highschool girl flashing her $500 engagement ring at all her classmates. I bet Niner and Ravens fans aren't crowing about just missing going to the Super Bowl -- and both of those teams did a whole lot better in their conference championship losses than the Jests did in either of theirs.

Despite having lousy OT play that limited their playbook and despite having a wave of injuries beginning about mid season, the Bills had an offense ranked in the top half of the league. Their rushing game was ranked top five -- and they lost their best RB/offensive player with 5 or 6 games left. The Bills went out and did something about it: they hired the best QB coach available and they drafted 3 OLers and a WR.

The mighty Jets were ranked 25th, and nearly last in rushing. What did they do to address their offensive problems? They hired an OC who has no experience as an OC. They traded up in the 2nd round to draft a WR who had 9 receptions as a senior and 45 for his entire college career. Hill may turn out to be great, but it's unlikely he'll turn into a star in 2012.

True. He was a crappy HC who was originally hired because he was the GM's (Parcells) pal. Sparano was as unqualified to be a HC as it was possible to be. His credentials to be an OC aren't much better. Thinking he's going to turn the Jests' offense into an effective unit is wishful thinking, but then, among delusional Jests fans, you are among the leaders.

You were better than NONE of the playoff teams last season, sweetpea, and that's the one that counts until the start of this season. Last season existed and your team sucked just like the Bills and Fins despite your best efforts to pretend it didn't. Deal with it.

We are discussing recent, relevant history. In the 3 years under rex we have been one of the best teams in the league, haven't broje through for a SB yet but still have been one of the best teams in the league. It's comical that a jealous rival fan who hasn't seen a postseason game this Century can make fun of the jets for reaching 2 title games.

The injury excuses for the Bills who were mostly intact when they met the jets at 5-2 in Orchard Park then got smashed back to reality w/ another blowout loss to the jets.

what has that QB coach ever done that he is one of the best?

The jets hired a new OC, the Jets aquuired tebow, the jets drafted Hill and signed Schilens. The Jets didn't have as much room to improve as Buf did.

ranked 25th in yards but 13th in POINTS which was higher than Buf despite all the problems the Jets had.

We don't need Hill to be a star in 2012, we need him to be better than Plax btw the 20s and he will be.

he was a mediocre HC who took over a 1 win team and led them to a div title, how come the great Chan hasn't made the playoffs in Buffalo? or even competed for the playoffs?

I don't expect our O to be the Pats O but our O will be much better if the OL is better and the OL going into 2012 is in better position than it was going into 2011.

I said we were better than NE 2 of the last 3 years.

2009: we win 2 ROAD playoff games, NE loses at HOME in WC rd
2010: we win 2 ROAD playoff games including whipping NE in NE in the div rd, NE is one and done again.

We did suck last year, we sucked so bad it would have been Buf's best season since 2005.

SpurzN703
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM

The Jets blew both of their games too. Are you now the better of two teams who blew their games? It's like liking the fact that you're paper champions.

nyjunc
06-25-2012, 10:33 AM
The Jets blew both of their games too. Are you now the better of two teams who blew their games? It's like liking the fact that you're paper champions.

we were underdogs on the road, they were favorites(heavy in '07) at neutral sites.

SpurzN703
06-25-2012, 11:36 AM
we were underdogs on the road, they were favorites(heavy in '07) at neutral sites.

Okay

NYCBillsFan
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM

They should hand out rings for that.........

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 03:14 PM

lucky for you they don't hand out rings for last place

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Vaark
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM

Rest assured that if it's a toe ring, Rex will suck it.

LANGER72
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM

Did you leave your car running in the garage?

INFINITY 19
07-03-2012, 11:51 PM
hopefully he'll help us be a better team by being in NYJ

JTC111
07-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I was happy to see Sparano go and even happier when he went to the Jets. I did feel kind of bad for him when the Ross/Harbaugh story broke. I was really surprised that he stayed on after that.

Objective Jet
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Sparano is an upgrade from Schottenheimer. Try and spin it any way you wish. Sparano was not my first choice as OC, but he wasn't my last. Middle of the pack if you will.

And c'mon, Miami is CLEARLY the cellar of the AFCE right now. Go ask neutral fans. On FF, theres a poll ranking all 32 teams in the NFL, NE is 2, NYJ 19, Buff 24, and theres three teams left to vote for, Miami is one of them. Any of you saying the Dolphins are on the same level as the Jets or even the Bills are DELUSIONAL. Your best WR is Davone Bess for crying out loud. Your leading tackler signed with NY. Outside of this forum, NO ONE respects Miami this year. No one.

Bingit
07-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Sparano is an upgrade from Schottenheimer. Try and spin it any way you wish. Sparano was not my first choice as OC, but he wasn't my last. Middle of the pack if you will.

And c'mon, Miami is CLEARLY the cellar of the AFCE right now. Go ask neutral fans. On FF, theres a poll ranking all 32 teams in the NFL, NE is 2, NYJ 19, Buff 24, and theres three teams left to vote for, Miami is one of them. Any of you saying the Dolphins are on the same level as the Jets or even the Bills are DELUSIONAL. Your best WR is Davone Bess for crying out loud. Your leading tackler signed with NY. Outside of this forum, NO ONE respects Miami this year. No one.

Sparono has never been a full time OC so you have no clue if he is an upgrade from Shotty. The Jets are an average team and Miami and the Bills for that matter are right there with them. Anyone of the 3 could end up in last place. You Jets fans that think you are in the same league as Bal or NE are the delusional ones.

No one respected Miami in 08 when they had Bess, Ginn and Camarillo as the leading receivers and that worked out ok. So I'm not worried if no one respects Miami. It makes no difference to how things will actually play out.

Objective Jet
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Sparano called the plays for the Boys in 06 guy.

Where did I say or even imply that the Jets are an upper tier team? Their middle of the pack, missed the playoffs by a game this past season.

The Dolphins, however, appear to be competing for a top 3 pick in Aprils draft. And anyone outside of Miami will pick the Jets to finish ahead of the Dolphins this season. And 08 just makes me lol. That was an epic fluke of overachievement that was eventually exposed, but I won't get into that.

Bingit
07-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Sparano called the plays for the Boys in 06 guy.

Where did I say or even imply that the Jets are an upper tier team? Their middle of the pack, missed the playoffs by a game this past season.

The Dolphins, however, appear to be competing for a top 3 pick in Aprils draft. And anyone outside of Miami will pick the Jets to finish ahead of the Dolphins this season. And 08 just makes me lol. That was an epic fluke of overachievement that was eventually exposed, but I won't get into that.

Calling plays does not make you a full time OC guy. He coordinated the running game while Todd Haley coordinated the passing game. Sparano was so great calling plays for the boys that he was removed the next year. I don't know much about Shotty, but I do know that he was able to orchestrate a powerful rushing offense that was able to carry a crappy QB to playoff wins. Sparano on the other hand has been a loser everywhere he has gone. He has never won a single NFL playoff game as a coach in any faction. But I'm sure he is an upgrade over Shotty. Lol!

So you think the Dolphins will be 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league? Lol! You do know that as bad as the Dolphins were last year that there were 9 other teams that had the same or worse record than the Dolphins. There were 14 the year before that. You do realize that the Jets finished just 2 games ahead of Miami and finished the 2nd half of the season 3-5 right? The Bills, Dolphins and Jets are pretty much in the same boat of mediocrity right now. Any one of the 3 could be last place or second place.

Objective Jet
07-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Calling plays does not make you a full time OC guy. He coordinated the running game while Todd Haley coordinated the passing game. Sparano was so great calling plays for the boys that he was removed the next year. I don't know much about Shotty, but I do know that he was able to orchestrate a powerful rushing offense that was able to carry a crappy QB to playoff wins. Sparano on the other hand has been a loser everywhere he has gone. He has never won a single NFL playoff game as a coach in any faction. But I'm sure he is an upgrade over Shotty. Lol!

So you think the Dolphins will be 1 of the 3 worst teams in the league? Lol! You do know that as bad as the Dolphins were last year that there were 9 other teams that had the same or worse record than the Dolphins. There were 14 the year before that. You do realize that the Jets finished just 2 games ahead of Miami and finished the 2nd half of the season 3-5 right? The Bills, Dolphins and Jets are pretty much in the same boat of mediocrity right now. Any one of the 3 could be last place or second place.

Its funny how quick you are to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Im sure you wouldn't be singing his praises if he was still a Jet coach. He lead a powerful rushing offense because the offensive line was absolutely stacked in 09. Schotty was called out multiple times throughout the years. He was living off his last name. It finally came to a head in 2011 when the guy absolutely needed to go. The funny thing is, it wasn't only Jet fans that knew he sucked. As far as Sparano goes, im sure you were calling him a loser in 08 when he lead your Phins to one of the flukiest division title wins ever. Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but he is certainly deserving a shot as OC.

And yes, the Dolphins certainly can be a bottom 3 team in the NFL next year. And guess what? Im not the only person who thinks so. Sure there were 9 other teams in the NFL with the same/worse record as last year. Please tell me, how have the Dolphins improved their squad from last year? Oh right, they haven't. No Peyton, no Flynn, then reach on Tannehill. If he doesn't pan out, then LOL. Please go visit a neutral forum to get some real perspective on where your team is at. You reek of homer. I said the Jets are a middle of the pack team, which they are. The Dolphins are not. Their easily bottom 10 as of right now.

SpurzN703
07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
lucky for you they don't hand out rings for last place

Last place rings would look the same as the rings the Dolphins and Jets would get. You know, not Super Bowl rings.

NYCBillsFan
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Last place rings would look the same as the rings the Dolphins and Jets would get. You know, not Super Bowl rings.

Apparently, the Jets would get an extra special one because they won some playoff games on the road, you know, the place where elite teams play?

Kinzua
07-08-2012, 08:19 AM

I suspect that Jests fans will be in crying in their beers when the Jests lose games because they can't score more than 1 TD a game.

Really? I guess the NFL shouldn't play the games but allow FF fan polls to determine the winners and losers. The fact is that not a game's been played yet, so everybody is 0-0.

Kinzua
07-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Its funny how quick you are to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Im sure you wouldn't be singing his praises if he was still a Jet coach. He lead a powerful rushing offense because the offensive line was absolutely stacked in 09. Schotty was called out multiple times throughout the years. He was living off his last name. It finally came to a head in 2011 when the guy absolutely needed to go. The funny thing is, it wasn't only Jet fans that knew he sucked. As far as Sparano goes, im sure you were calling him a loser in 08 when he lead your Phins to one of the flukiest division title wins ever. Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, but he is certainly deserving a shot as OC.

So, what did your FO do to fix the OL problems? Oh, yeah, they traded for Tim Tebow!!! :sidelol:

And yes, the Dolphins certainly can be a bottom 3 team in the NFL next year. And guess what? Im not the only person who thinks so. Sure there were 9 other teams in the NFL with the same/worse record as last year. Please tell me, how have the Dolphins improved their squad from last year? Oh right, they haven't. No Peyton, no Flynn, then reach on Tannehill. If he doesn't pan out, then LOL. Please go visit a neutral forum to get some real perspective on where your team is at. You reek of homer. I said the Jets are a middle of the pack team, which they are. The Dolphins are not. Their easily bottom 10 as of right now.

What have the Jests done exactly to improve their team?

They hired a near-virgin OC.
They traded for a backup QB who will cause locker room issues when their starting QB craps the bed, but will be worse than Sanchez when he actually gets to start.
They signed one oft-injured safety and then signed an ancient one, and both of them suck in pass coverage.
They did NOT bother to draft a single OL prospect until the 6th round. Who's your backup C again?
They drafted a 4-3 DE with a questionable work ethic and a WR who has all of 45 catches in his college career, and expect both to contribute early.
They did NOT bother to draft a RB until the 6th round even though they want to be a run-first team. Shonn Greene wouldn't even make the Bills. He wouldn't start on the Fins, either, and maybe NOT make the team because the WCO requires RBs who can catch the ball.

The fact is that most of the Jests' holes from last season remain the same going into this season. Replacing an experienced OC with Tony Sparano who seems to have gotten his last two gigs simply because he's a Parcells' pal is NOT going to make Wayne Hunter a better RT nor Shonn Greene a better RB nor Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow better QBs.

Vaark
07-08-2012, 09:35 AM

Well let's see, over more than half the year, the Fins were superior to the jest, going 6-3 with about a +85 scoring differential while the jest went 4-5 with a +5 differential. Even the teams we lost to, Denver and the Giants, we played tougher than the jest. Our 2 experienced QBs are better than your 2; just like us losing, you getting Sparano, with our line rid of Carey and Columbo while yours still has a declining deBrick and Hunter, not to mention now a healthy Jake Long for the first time in 3 seasons, it's clearly "addition by subtraction." And our clubhouse didn't implode while a fat coach fiddled, flashed birds and told fans to eff off. So bottom-line, your opinion that Fins are to be counted among the league's 3 worst teams has no credibility or traction unless, by comparison, you add your own jest to that threesome. I know, I know, "misery loves company" and all of that but just because some morons on jest forums are wishfully deluding themselves into thinking that, doesn't mean that the real, objective world does. :idk:

Oh, and you do realize that in 08, The Meatball was a HC in training with The Tuna calling all the shots, probably down to field transmissions. And his much ballyhoo'ed Dallas offensive playcalling was really 66% of the yardage derived from Todd Haley's play design and receivers including Glenn, TO and Witten. Do the Jets come close to those..or even RBs like Jones in his prime and a fresh legged Marion Barber? I think not.

Kinzua
07-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Well let's see, over more than half the year, the Fins were superior to the jest, going 6-3 with about a +85 scoring differential while the jest went 4-5 with a +5 differential. Even the teams we lost to, Denver and the Giants, we played tougher than the jest. Our 2 experienced QBs are better than your 2; just like us losing, you getting Sparano, with our line rid of Carey and Columbo while yours still has a declining deBrick and Hunter, not to mention now a healthy Jake Long for the first time in 3 seasons, it's clearly "addition by subtraction." And our clubhouse didn't implode while a fat coach fiddled, flashed birds and told fans to eff off. So bottom-line, your opinion that Fins are to be counted among the league's 3 worst teams has no credibility or traction unless, by comparison, you add your own jest to that threesome. I know, I know, "misery loves company" and all of that but just because some morons on jest forums are wishfully deluding themselves into thinking that, doesn't mean that the real, objective world does. :idk:

Oh, and you do realize that in 08, The Meatball was a HC in training with The Tuna calling all the shots, probably down to field transmissions. And his much ballyhoo'ed Dallas offensive playcalling was really 66% of the yardage derived from Todd Haley's play design and receivers including Glenn, TO and Witten. Do the Jets come close to those..or even RBs like Jones in his prime and a fresh legged Marion Barber? I think not.

Good points. I always wondered what role Parcells played in the Fins 2008 success. When he moved up to be the Jests GM, he wanted Belichick as his puppet HC but ol' Bill wanted to be his own man, so Parcells settled for Al Groh. Sparano really had no qualifications to be a HC in 2008 except that he was buddy-buddy with Parcells. Once Parcells was gone, Sparano's "coaching genius" vanished (as Parcells' "coaching genius" vanished when Belichick left his supporting/puppet role).

SpurzN703
07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Apparently, the Jets would get an extra special one because they won some playoff games on the road, you know, the place where elite teams play?

Apparently indeed. It's great they've gotten to where they did twice in the last three years which as was pointed out 2,500 times..is greater than any other team in the huge 3-year span. Yet not winning anything even with these accomplishments just shows how silly the chest-pumping is.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 08:50 AM

Stop lumping us in w/ you, you are down w/ the Bills, Browns, Raiders and teams like that.

So, what did your FO do to fix the OL problems? Oh, yeah, they traded for Tim Tebow!!! :sidelol:

What have the Jests done exactly to improve their team?

They hired a near-virgin OC.
They traded for a backup QB who will cause locker room issues when their starting QB craps the bed, but will be worse than Sanchez when he actually gets to start.
They signed one oft-injured safety and then signed an ancient one, and both of them suck in pass coverage.
They did NOT bother to draft a single OL prospect until the 6th round. Who's your backup C again?
They drafted a 4-3 DE with a questionable work ethic and a WR who has all of 45 catches in his college career, and expect both to contribute early.
They did NOT bother to draft a RB until the 6th round even though they want to be a run-first team. Shonn Greene wouldn't even make the Bills. He wouldn't start on the Fins, either, and maybe NOT make the team because the WCO requires RBs who can catch the ball.

The fact is that most of the Jests' holes from last season remain the same going into this season. Replacing an experienced OC with Tony Sparano who seems to have gotten his last two gigs simply because he's a Parcells' pal is NOT going to make Wayne Hunter a better RT nor Shonn Greene a better RB nor Mark Sanchez/Tim Tebow better QBs.

For one we didn't overpay for big names.

The OL is healthier which is a key. Remember, this exact same OL started in the AFC div round and Championship 2 years ago so it can't be that bad, right? Whatt hey did was address the depth of the OL so if Mangold goes down again we don't have a guy off the street starting.

How did we get better?

-opening day last year 3 of Sanchez's top weapons were Plax, Mason and LT. 2 of the 3 are retired and Plax can't find work so drafting Hill, signing Schilens and getting Holmes head right vastly improve the O.
-Acquiring Tebow. he will play a Brad Smith role on O making it more difficult to prepare for our O. he will not cause problems b/c there's no competition at QB, it's Sanchez's team.
-Drafted Coples, now we have 2 young DEs, we get a healthy DeVito back, Bart Scott is slimmed down and hopefulyl back to normal, we upgraded the safeties and most importantly Rex will be calling the defense again.

Stop w/ the questionable work ethic nonsese about Coples. UNC had 20+ guys suspended the last 2 years going from title contender to nothing b/c of it. That will upset any player and he still produced despite all the turmoil and despit being the main focus of oppsoing Os.

Tim Tebow will be our 2nd leading rusher and he will run the ball out of base sets. Greene got over 1,000 yds and averaged 4.2 YPC in a year where our OL stunk.

To say Green wouldn't make the Bills or start in Miami is as asinine as it gets.

Is a seasoon 16 games? is it so bad you are breaking it down to half seasons? and half seasons where your team was dead and had nothing to play for? The excuses continue...

Shonn Green has averaged 4.3 YPC for his career
Marion Barber 4.1
Julius Jones 4.0

Good points. I always wondered what role Parcells played in the Fins 2008 success. When he moved up to be the Jests GM, he wanted Belichick as his puppet HC but ol' Bill wanted to be his own man, so Parcells settled for Al Groh. Sparano really had no qualifications to be a HC in 2008 except that he was buddy-buddy with Parcells. Once Parcells was gone, Sparano's "coaching genius" vanished (as Parcells' "coaching genius" vanished when Belichick left his supporting/puppet role).

You are going to believe mr. excuse maker? This was a guy 2 years ago telling me how much better Sparano was than Rex.

Parcells was still w/ the team in 2009, right? how come they went 7-9? a year later w/ Parcells gone they went 7-9. Don't fall for another vaarky excuse.

Vaark
07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I saw how Nublar got absued by your fellow TGG circle-jerking delusionalists when he courteously came in to politely enumerate why Fasano being cut was likely a wishful thinking pipedream. That place is a joke and goes far to explain how your homeristic views get reinforced to a point where you actually think your servings of ridiculous translates into the sublime.

Oh and in 09, haven't you been using, ad nauseum, 4 out of last 5 games the jest played (although unfortunately the opposing teams didn't play in 2 of 'em) to make a choking (atl at home) 7-7 team with a recent 6-7 losing streak into something everyone who doesn't don the puke green thick goggles know that they';re not? IMO a 9 game stretch with better QB play and upgrades or improved health in most positions is more indicative than a 4 game stretch where some unworthy team stepped in ****. :idk:

And beyond that, using that season where Rex essentially turned a 9-7 legit team into a 7-7-2 team beating teams with a sub .350 winning percentage to declare this out of touch buffoonish coach who essentially had 1 legit winning season out of 3 and no div titles one of the league's better coaches? More junky delusions :idk:

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I saw how Nublar got absued by your fellow TGG circle-jerking delusionalists when he courteously came in to politely enumerate why Fasano being cut was likely a wishful thinking pipedream. That place is a joke and goes far to explain how your homeristic views get reinforced to a point where you actually think your servings of ridiculous translates into the sublime.

Oh and in 09, haven't you been using, ad nauseum, 4 out of last 5 games the jest played (although unfortunately the opposing teams didn't play in 2 of 'em) to make a choking (atl at home) 7-7 team with a recent 6-7 losing streak into something everyone who doesn't don the puke green thick goggles know that they';re not? IMO a 9 game stretch with better QB play and upgrades or improved health in most positions is more indicative than a 4 game stretch where some unworthy team stepped in ****. :idk:

And beyond that, using that season where Rex essentially turned a 9-7 legit team into a 7-7-2 team beating teams with a sub .350 winning percentage to declare this out of touch buffoonish coach who essentially had 1 legit winning season out of 3 and no div titles one of the league's better coaches? More junky delusions :idk:

You calling someone a homer:lol:

I don't know what happened w/ Nublar but i know we have a bunch of opposing fans that post there regularly.

Please translate that 2nd paragraph to English.

Vaark
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM

I don't know what happened w/ Nublar but i know we have a bunch of opposing fans that post there regularly.

Please translate that 2nd paragraph to English.

I'll let someone who doesn't speak "homer" and can better objectively process reality, translate the hypocrisy of your deflection.

Nublar7
07-09-2012, 10:58 AM

It wasn't that bad, I did try to explain to them in a friendly manner that they were wrong in their thoughts that Fasano was on the verge of being released and that the Jets were going to pick him up as a backup. I gave them reasons why he wouldn't be cut and their response was basically that I was wrong and that they know more about the Dolphins and how the new offense will work. I kindly explained that I likely would know more on the subject then they would since I follow the Dolphins and their offseason program closer than they do. Just like they(and you junc) would know more about how the Jets offseason is going and if certain players are on the bubble. A couple were receptive and actually agreed with me, but quite a few responded with childish responses and name calling like "d-bag".

I have been a member of Gang Green forums since 2005, and including the 5 posts I made in that thread my grand total on the site is now 9. Only 9 total posts in 7 years, I don't anticipate making a 10th post any time soon. I do understand now why you spend so much time on FinHeaven, the quality here is light years ahead of Gang Green.

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Stop lumping us in w/ you, you are down w/ the Bills, Browns, Raiders and teams like that.

False. In terms of getting to and winning the Super Bowl, your team is as ****ty as mine.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 11:28 AM
It wasn't that bad, I did try to explain to them in a friendly manner that they were wrong in their thoughts that Fasano was on the verge of being released and that the Jets were going to pick him up as a backup. I gave them reasons why he wouldn't be cut and their response was basically that I was wrong and that they know more about the Dolphins and how the new offense will work. I kindly explained that I likely would know more on the subject then they would since I follow the Dolphins and their offseason program closer than they do. Just like they(and you junc) would know more about how the Jets offseason is going and if certain players are on the bubble. A couple were receptive and actually agreed with me, but quite a few responded with childish responses and name calling like "d-bag".

I have been a member of Gang Green forums since 2005, and including the 5 posts I made in that thread my grand total on the site is now 9. Only 9 total posts in 7 years, I don't anticipate making a 10th post any time soon. I do understand now why you spend so much time on FinHeaven, the quality here is light years ahead of Gang Green.

It's tough when you are an opposing fan b/c people automatically assume stuff based ont he team you like and some don't want to see opposing fans.

I have posted on many boards throught he years, one thing I have learned is all are pretty similar. I think this one and the ganggreen are great sites but you will always have your homers, your negative folks, a few opposing fans and those that are fair.

False. In terms of getting to and winning the Super Bowl, your team is as ****ty as mine.

In terms of winning playoff games you are down w/ Buf, Cincy, Cle, Oak, etc...

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
In terms of winning playoff games you are down w/ Buf, Cincy, Cle, Oak, etc...

Your statement is as true as mine

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Your statement is as true as mine

There is a HUGE difference btw a team that contends more oftne than not w/ a team that never contends.

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes. You get to enjoy a few more wins than I do with my average team. Well done.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes. You get to enjoy a few more wins than I do with my average team. Well done.

Your current run is like our 1987-2006 run, I've lived it. I know the last few years have been so much better than that. We didn't win it all or even make a SB but we got close and played a ton of big games. My memories of going to Foxoboro and even to Pitt for the title game are great memories I'll always have. It sure beat the heck out of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs last year.

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Your current run is like our 1987-2006 run, I've lived it. I know the last few years have been so much better than that. We didn't win it all or even make a SB but we got close and played a ton of big games. My memories of going to Foxoboro and even to Pitt for the title game are great memories I'll always have. It sure beat the heck out of going 8-8 and missing the playoffs last year.

Okay. I've never once said the Dolphins have been a good team. I've said they haven't been elite since the early 70s...if ever.

That doesn't mean I can't criticize other teams for their not being good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Okay. I've never once said the Dolphins have been a good team. I've said they haven't been elite since the early 70s...if ever.

That doesn't mean I can't criticize other teams for their not being good enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

You can criticize all you want.

Bingit
07-09-2012, 04:26 PM

Who is defending Schotty or singing his praises? Don't confuse disagreeing that Sparano is an upgrade over Schotyy as defending or singing Schotty's praises. I simply said that he ran an offense that was ranked #1 in rushing and carried a crappy QB to playoff wins. What is funny is that when the Jets had a great rushing attack that enabled them to win playoff games all you Jets fans kept calling for Schotty to open up the offense and let the Sanchise do more. You should have been careful for what you wished for. There was something like 140 more pass attempts and 160 less rushing attempts than there was in 09 and things didn't go so well. Sancheezy couldn't cut it and Schotty became the scape goat. I told you that Sparano has never been a part of a single playoff win and your come back is that you are sure I was calling him a loser in 2008? You go on to call his lone successful season a fluke but are certain he is an upgrade over Schotty. Lol!!!

I don't need to get into to why the Dolphins will not be a bottom 3 team this year. Vaark and Kinzua made good points, so you can just re-read those. At least you recognize that the Jets are an average team. That is more than I can say for some... Cough...nyjunc...cough. What you fail to realize is that the Dolphins are right behind them. The Jets drafted at the #16 spot due to tie breakers in strength of schedule. They drafted ahead of 3 teams that were also 8-8 and 2 more teams that had just 1 less win. They were inches away from being a bottom 13 team.

The Jets are down with us. In the most recent season the Jets were 8-8 with 0 playoff wins. The Jets won 2 more games than the Dolphins did. If you are lumping us in with the Browns then the Jets also get lumped in with the Dolphins.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
The Jets are down with us. In the most recent season the Jets were 8-8 with 0 playoff wins. The Jets won 2 more games than the Dolphins did. If you are lumping us in with the Browns then the Jets also get lumped in with the Dolphins.

2009-2011: Jets 2 playoff apps, 4 playoff wins

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

see why you belong w/ those teams and not w/ us?

Vaark
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
2008- present:
Jets and Fins: 1 legitimate post season without the benefit of facing teams playing meaningless games
Fins: 1 Divisional Championship in a year when the division had 3 winning teams; Jets: no divisional championships
Fins: 1 legit winning season in 4; Jets: 2 legit winning seasons in 4 leading to 2 legit, earned PO wins

So by those standards, indeed the jest have been better, but unless you're the kind of person who'd rather get food stamps than work for your food, the jest have been only marginally better.

And that's the unvarnished non-homeristic, non TGG mutually circle-jerking truth!

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 04:50 PM
vaark is only funny when he's not trying to be.

Bingit
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

What does 2 years ago have to do with the most recent season?

Dolphins 0-0
Jets 0-0
Browns 0-0
Raiders 0-0

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
What does 2 years ago have to do with the most recent season?

Dolphins 0-0
Jets 0-0
Browns 0-0
Raiders 0-0

ok then I guess we can erase 2011 then too so we are 0-0 w/ the Pats too.

Either way we have been better than you consistently for a decade and we were better than you last year too.

Bingit
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
ok then I guess we can erase 2011 then too so we are 0-0 w/ the Pats too.

Either way we have been better than you consistently for a decade and we were better than you last year too.

How many Super Bowls have the Jets been to in those 10 years? Lol!

Yes you can. 2011 has as much to do with this upcoming season as 2009 and 2010 does. Zip! The Jets were a Tony Romo choke job and a Stevie Johnson dropped pass away from having the exact same record as the Dolphins. We are both a good bit behind the Patriots.

Vaark
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
2009: the jests' prideless "food stamp year"

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
How many Super Bowls have the Jets been to in those 10 years? Lol!

Yes you can. 2011 has as much to do with this upcoming season as 2009 and 2010 does. Zip! The Jets were a Tony Romo choke job and a Stevie Johnson dropped pass away from having the exact same record as the Dolphins. We are both a good bit behind the Patriots.

yep we were a dropped pass and a Tony Romo choke job away blah, blah, blah. As we know only the jets win close games or pull out games late. So is it safe to say you were a couple of bad Sanchez INTs away from going 5-11? we can all play this silly game.

Bingit
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
yep we were a dropped pass and a Tony Romo choke job away blah, blah, blah. As we know only the jets win close games or pull out games late. So is it safe to say you were a couple of bad Sanchez INTs away from going 5-11? we can all play this silly game.

You keep acting like the Jets are way above the Dolphins and they aren't. The Jets pulled out some close wins and the Dolphins lost some close games. The difference between the Jets being 6-10 and the Dolphins being 8-8 is just a couple of plays. It is not the same as comparing the Jets or Dolphins to the Patriots. If it makes you feel better......have at it. I like to live in reality.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 05:47 PM
You keep acting like the Jets are way above the Dolphins and they aren't. The Jets pulled out some close wins and the Dolphins lost some close games. The difference between the Jets being 6-10 and the Dolphins being 8-8 is just a couple of plays. It is not the same as comparing the Jets or Dolphins to the Patriots. If it makes you feel better......have at it. I like to live in reality.

of course they are or at least they have been. Maybe Miami turns out to be better this year? not likely but it could happen but we know the Jets have been significantly better in recent years. It's not debateable.

Bingit
07-09-2012, 06:12 PM
of course they are or at least they have been. Maybe Miami turns out to be better this year? not likely but it could happen but we know the Jets have been significantly better in recent years. It's not debateable.

Have been is the key word. I don't dwell in the past and go on the most recent thing I have to go on which is 2011. The Jets and Dolphins were real close in 2011. I think it is a crap shoot to call who will finish second or last in this division in 2012.

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
You can criticize all you want.

Thank you kindly for your permission

SpurzN703
07-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Miami- 0 and 0
Cle- 0 and 0
Oak- 0 and 0

Says the guy who believes the Jets are in the realm of the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Packers, Saints, and Pats. Too funny

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Have been is the key word. I don't dwell in the past and go on the most recent thing I have to go on which is 2011. The Jets and Dolphins were real close in 2011. I think it is a crap shoot to call who will finish second or last in this division in 2012.

we weren't real close in 2011, you guys were 0-7 and out of the race by october, we were in the race the last few weeks. The fact that you were "only" 2 games behind doesn't show the true distance btw the teams. It's like a team up 35-0 then their opponent scores some pts in the 4th qtr to make it 35-24- it looks closer than it actually was.

Says the guy who believes the Jets are in the realm of the Ravens, Steelers, Giants, Packers, Saints, and Pats. Too funny

I don't believe I KNOW.

2009-2011 playoff wins:

NYJ 4
NYG 4
GB 4
NO 4
Bal 3
NE 2
Pitt 2

I understand your jealousy of seeing a hated rival have success but try and be honest please.

Bingit
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
we weren't real close in 2011, you guys were 0-7 and out of the race by october, we were in the race the last few weeks. The fact that you were "only" 2 games behind doesn't show the true distance btw the teams. It's like a team up 35-0 then their opponent scores some pts in the 4th qtr to make it 35-24- it looks closer than it actually was.

The Dolphins had a horrible start for multiple reasons but it doesn't matter how you start it matters how you finish. You could tell both teams were real close by how they played the games. The Dolphins played the Cowboys, Patriots, Broncos, Giants and Eagles tougher then the Jets did. The Jets are an average 8-8 team. The Dolphins are an average 7-9 team. I don't know what each team will be in 2012 but they are pretty much starting on equal footing.

I don't believe I KNOW.

2009-2011 playoff wins:

NYJ 4
NYG 4
GB 4
NO 4
Bal 3
NE 2
Pitt 2

I understand your jealousy of seeing a hated rival have success but try and be honest please

Which team in that list is the only team to not make the playoffs in 2011? Lol!!

SpurzN703
07-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't believe I KNOW.

2009-2011 playoff wins:

NYJ 4
NYG 4
GB 4
NO 4
Bal 3
NE 2
Pitt 2

I understand your jealousy of seeing a hated rival have success but try and be honest please.

Speak for yourself pal. I'm not jealous of anything the Jets have done. I'm jealous of the Patriots success. Pittsburgh's success. The NY Giants success. Contrary to what you may believe, I don't hate the Jets either. I just don't care for them.

I'm not so blind that I don't give credit where it's due.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Which team in that list is the only team to not make the playoffs in 2011? Lol!!

Which team in that list is the only team that hasn't gotten to a Super Bowl in 43 years either?

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

The Dolphins had a horrible start for multiple reasons but it doesn't matter how you start it matters how you finish.

I disagree with this. Of course it matters how you start. The Dolphins starting 0-7 ****ed them the entire year. Finishing 6-3 didn't do anything except give them a slightly later draft pick throughout the draft.

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
The Dolphins had a horrible start for multiple reasons but it doesn't matter how you start it matters how you finish. You could tell both teams were real close by how they played the games. The Dolphins played the Cowboys, Patriots, Broncos, Giants and Eagles tougher then the Jets did. The Jets are an average 8-8 team. The Dolphins are an average 7-9 team. I don't know what each team will be in 2012 but they are pretty much starting on equal footing.

It's how you finish if you finish winning meaningful games but Miami didn't play one of those. The gap is wider than the 2 games last year.

The Jets beat Dallas, Miami lost
the jets lost 2 games where they had chances in the 4th qtr to NE, Miami got blown out once and played one close game where Miami led 17-0 and lost 27-24.
Both lost late to Den, Jets on short rest at den, Mia at home.
both lost close games to Giants
both blown out by Philly

How did you play those teams much tougher?

There's not a non dolphin fan alive that thinks the Dolphins are on equal footing w/ the Jets heading into 2012.

So what? NYG missed in 2009 AND 2010. Pitt msised in 2009

Vaark
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
It's how you finish if you finish winning meaningful games but Miami didn't play one of those. The gap is wider than the 2 games last year.

The Jets beat Dallas, Miami lost

Tony Romo beat Dallas not the jest, Miami lost

the jets lost 2 games where they had chances in the 4th qtr to NE, Miami got blown out once and played one close game where Miami led 17-0 and lost 27-24.
Jest while still in it choked up a record of 4-5 with a scary +5 pt differential
Both lost late to Den, Jets on short rest at den, Mia at home.
that one's on Ds

both lost close games to Giants

:lol:yeah if you consider a 2 TD differential including being outscored by 22 points in the last 3 quarters vs losing by a FG after being ahead with 6 mins to go and a TD over the last 1/2 being "close" then of course you're right :up:
both blown out by Philly

How did you play those teams much tougher?
That's how if you don't have homer goggles clouding your vision

There's not a non dolphin fan alive that thinks the Dolphins are on equal footing w/ the Jets heading into 2012.

Then again, there's not a non jest fan who doesn't think that the Jest are closer to the Fins than they are to the Pats

So what? NYG missed in 2009 AND 2010. Pitt msised in 2009
NYJ has 1 legitimate winning season in 3 years.. statistically, especially factoring in the clubhouse implosions and the 4-5 finish, the likelihood is that they will suffer another non postseason year than actually earning one like they did in 2010

and then of course when you still stood a chance, even better than Rex thought they had when they lost to Atlanta at home in 09, you lost to an "inferior team"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/2rhbh8o-1.jpg

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM

Vaark
07-10-2012, 11:10 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/2my7m7l-1.jpg

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 11:38 AM
vaark calling someone else delusionalhttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/Laughingsmileyface-1.gif

Vaark
07-10-2012, 11:57 AM
LMAO_back_atcha

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/25a4rbs-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/a11z12-1.jpg

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
The difference is I am objective, you guys can call me a homer for discussing the jets success but the facts back me up. You act like the Jets suck, make every excuse in the book when they win and pretend Miami is a top team every year.

SpurzN703
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
The difference is I am objective, you guys can call me a homer for discussing the jets success but the facts back me up. You act like the Jets suck, make every excuse in the book when they win and pretend Miami is a top team every year.

I don't act like the Jets suck. Miami is not a top team either. You fail to realize it's possible that Dolphins fans can think the Jets aren't good. It has nothing to do with the Dolphins. One's team doesn't have to be better than the other's in order to talk ****.

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't act like the Jets suck. Miami is not a top team either. You fail to realize it's possible that Dolphins fans can think the Jets aren't good. It has nothing to do with the Dolphins. One's team doesn't have to be better than the other's in order to talk ****.

That was in direct response to our resident homer/excuse maker Vaark.

Vaark
07-10-2012, 01:32 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/2j4vtrb-1.jpg
"Both the jets and the Phins played the Giants close" (at least through one half) :)
"If we would have won that Giants game we probably would have made the playoffs" :) :)

queue up the expected next sally of Lastworditis OCD

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/Arrow_Down-1.png

SpurzN703
07-10-2012, 03:00 PM

It's easy to generalize us all into one group. I don't understand why people say the Jets suck. They don't. It's my view that they're a decent team. Have they been good enough to go all the way? No.

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 03:01 PM
It's easy to generalize us all into one group. I don't understand why people say the Jets suck. They don't. It's my view that they're a decent team. Have they been good enough to go all the way? No.

I try not to, sometimes I do and I apologize for that.

SpurzN703
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I try not to, sometimes I do and I apologize for that.

It's easy to do when most on here are against the Jets 100%. I consider myself a realist like you and I call a spade a spade when I see one.

NYCBillsFan
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Seriously, you do it with a lot of AFCE fans. Someone criticizes the Jets, and you bring up record if they re Bills/Dolphins fans, or playoff record if they are Patriots fans. It is quite difficult to have a legit conversation with you.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Seriously, you do it with a lot of AFCE fans. Someone criticizes the Jets, and you bring up record if they re Bills/Dolphins fans, or playoff record if they are Patriots fans. It is quite difficult to have a legit conversation with you.

wait so I should sit back and allow fans of bottom feeding teams that have been horrible for years and years criticize my team and say they suck and not respond w/ the facts? I can't help you if you cannot accept the truth.

What is a legit conversation? "Jets suck, the Bills are great" then what? I deal in reality.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
wait so I should sit back and allow fans of bottom feeding teams that have been horrible for years and years criticize my team and say they suck and not respond w/ the facts? I can't help you if you cannot accept the truth.

What is a legit conversation? "Jets suck, the Bills are great" then what? I deal in reality.

You'd have the same reaction to anyone who criticized the Jets, let's be honest. Even if Pats fans were here talking **** you'd say the Jets have been better than them in 2 of the last 3 years.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
You'd have the same reaction to anyone who criticized the Jets, let's be honest. Even if Pats fans were here talking **** you'd say the Jets have been better than them in 2 of the last 3 years.

It's true that we have been better 2 of the last 3 years.

The New Guy
07-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Based on your criteria of more playoff wins that resulted in nothing. NE has had a far superior regular season record the last 3 years to go along with 3 division titles and a Super Bowl App. Both really don't mean much, but I would prefer the 3 division titles, 9 more regular season wins and a Super Bowl App over 2 AFCC game losses when my team was realistically 8-8 two out of those 3 years.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM

You went further than they did in 2009 and 2010. They went further last year than your team has in 43 years. It's semantics at this point.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Based on your criteria of more playoff wins that resulted in nothing. NE has had a far superior regular season record the last 3 years to go along with 3 division titles and a Super Bowl App. Both really don't mean much, but I would prefer the 3 division titles, 9 more regular season wins and a Super Bowl App over 2 AFCC game losses when my team was realistically 8-8 two out of those 3 years.

I hope he and all Jets fans would prefer to have the Pats success since Brady has been QB. Who wouldn't?

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 10:44 AM

2009:
Jets win 2 playoff games
Pats win ZERO
Jets 1 Pats 0

2010:
Jets win 2 playoff games
pats win ZERO
jets beat up pats in playoff at Foxboro
Jets 2 Pats 0

2011:
pats reach SB
Jets fail to make playoffs
Jets 2 Pats 1

I'd prefer to be playing for the SB 2 of 3 years rather than 1 of 3 years, div titles are nice but w/o playoff success do they have much meaning?

You went further than they did in 2009 and 2010. They went further last year than your team has in 43 years. It's semantics at this point.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I hope he and all Jets fans would prefer to have the Pats success since Brady has been QB. Who wouldn't?

since Brady has been QB? No doubt, I'd do anything for a run like they have had since 2001, that doesn't change the fact we've been better 2 of the 3 yars under rex- at least when it matters most.

I'd much rather go 9-7 and wint he SB the way the Giats did than 14-2 and lose my first playoff game like NE did in 2010.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd prefer to be playing for the SB 2 of 3 years rather than 1 of 3 years, div titles are nice but w/o playoff success do they have much meaning?

It's funny how you criticize Eli and the Giants for being a wild card who didn't win their division in either SB run but now the only important thing is playoff success.....which of course the Giants have had.

since Brady has been QB? No doubt, I'd do anything for a run like they have had since 2001, that doesn't change the fact we've been better 2 of the 3 yars under rex- at least when it matters most.

I'd much rather go 9-7 and wint he SB the way the Giats did than 14-2 and lose my first playoff game like NE did in 2010.

I know you won't ever in your life let go the fact of the Jets run in 2009 and 2010. Yes those 2 years were better than the Pats in those 2 years. The Pats have been better than the Jets in roughly 8 of the last 10 years. Don't let me stop you from hugging your '09 and '10 AFCCG pillows at night though.

The New Guy
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
2009:
Jets win 2 playoff games
Pats win ZERO
Jets 1 Pats 0

2010:
Jets win 2 playoff games
pats win ZERO
jets beat up pats in playoff at Foxboro
Jets 2 Pats 0

2011:
pats reach SB
Jets fail to make playoffs
Jets 2 Pats 1

What above is different than what I said? Your criteria is more playoff wins that resulted in nothing more than NE. You honestly would prefer 2 AFCCG losses in 3 years to actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years?

We are not talking about playing for the Super Bowl 2 of 3 years compared to 1 of 3 years. We are talking about actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years compared to 0 of 3 years.

Div titles and a good regular season record allows you to play a home playoff game and possibly a bye, which gives you a better chance at success. You call those things meaningless since NE didn't have playoff success (at least in 2009 and 2010) but what do AFCC games mean when you lose? At least NE actually made the Super Bowl in that time frame. Just like you will take a worse record if it results in more playoff wins, I'll take a couple years of playoff losses if it results in a Super Bowl App instead of 2 AFCC game failures.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
What above is different than what I said? Your criteria is more playoff wins that resulted in nothing more than NE. You honestly would prefer 2 AFCCG losses in 3 years to actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years?

We are not talking about playing for the Super Bowl 2 of 3 years compared to 1 of 3 years. We are talking about actually playing in the Super Bowl 1 of 3 years compared to 0 of 3 years.

Div titles and a good regular season record allows you to play a home playoff game and possibly a bye, which gives you a better chance at success. You call those things meaningless since NE didn't have playoff success (at least in 2009 and 2010) but what do AFCC games mean when you lose? At least NE actually made the Super Bowl in that time frame. Just like you will take a worse record if it results in more playoff wins, I'll take a couple years of playoff losses if it results in a Super Bowl App instead of 2 AFCC game failures.

I'd prefer a SB app but I said we were better 2 of the 3 years not all 3 years. I wish we had NE's easy road to the SB in 2011 then again they earned that w/ a great reg season.

What did those 14 wins in 2010 do for NE? what did GB's 15 do last year? I'd much rather be a WC team and have a chance at the SB than win a division and be one and done.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd prefer a SB app but I said we were better 2 of the 3 years not all 3 years. I wish we had NE's easy road to the SB in 2011 then again they earned that w/ a great reg season.

What did those 14 wins in 2010 do for NE? what did GB's 15 do last year? I'd much rather be a WC team and have a chance at the SB than win a division and be one and done.

Every team in the playoffs has a chance at the SB. It's strange, you ride the Jets' nuts for winning four playoff games yet failing to get to the SB but now NE and GB also failed with their high win totals that didn't translate into getting to or winning the SB either.

How can you have both?

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Every team in the playoffs has a chance at the SB. It's strange, you ride the Jets' nuts for winning four playoff games yet failing to get to the SB but now NE and GB also failed with their high win totals that didn't translate into getting to or winning the SB either.

How can you have both?

NE in 2009 got crushed at home in the WC rd, they didn't have a shot
in 2010 we beat them up in the div rd.

We played in the gamne that sent the AFC representative to the Super Bowl. NE didn't.

The jets did something in those postseasons, NE and GB did not. They were SB favorites and didn't win a playof game- that is a complete failure.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 11:42 AM
NE in 2009 got crushed at home in the WC rd, they didn't have a shot
in 2010 we beat them up in the div rd.

We played in the gamne that sent the AFC representative to the Super Bowl. NE didn't.

The jets did something in those postseasons, NE and GB did not. They were SB favorites and didn't win a playof game- that is a complete failure.

The Jets failed too did they not? Or was it that since they didn't have stellar regular seasons like NE and GB did it wasn't that big of a failure.

NE lost in the SB twice to the elite Giants. Guess who beat the Packers last year too? :lol:

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 11:54 AM
The Jets failed too did they not? Or was it that since they didn't have stellar regular seasons like NE and GB did it wasn't that big of a failure.

NE lost in the SB twice to the elite Giants. Guess who beat the Packers last year too? :lol:

The jets won 2 playoff games each season, NE & GB combined for ZERO. Do you not see the difference?

NE failed last year since they were SB favorites but it wasn't close to the failure of 2009 or 2010 where they didn't win a playoff game.

according to you the '07 Giants were not elite and we have to wait 3 years on the '11 team.

The New Guy
07-11-2012, 11:56 AM

Better than what the *9 wins and 11 wins did for the Jets. It advanced them to a divisional home game without them even having to play. I'll take that any day over having to play 3 road games to reach the SB. They lost and ended up going home just like the Jets did. So what? Did the Jets get a trophy for advancing further? IMO, Advancing further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make you the better team. Especially when you compare the regular season records. NE proved they are the better team over 3 years by making it to the Super Bowl when the Jets did not. If the Jets can win a Super Bowl over the next 3 years it changes to the Jets being the better team over 6 years even if NE has more playoff wins during that time frame. Playoff wins don't mean much if you fail to reach the Super Bowl.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Better than what the *9 wins and 11 wins did for the Jets. It advanced them to a divisional home game without them even having to play. I'll take that any day over having to play 3 road games to reach the SB. They lost and ended up going home just like the Jets did. So what? Did the Jets get a trophy for advancing further? IMO, Advancing further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make you the better team. Especially when you compare the regular season records. NE proved they are the better team over 3 years by making it to the Super Bowl when the Jets did not. If the Jets can win a Super Bowl over the next 3 years it changes to the Jets being the better team over 6 years even if NE has more playoff wins during that time frame. Playoff wins don't mean much if you fail to reach the Super Bowl.

you can act like vaark and whine about 2009 but we won the games required to win to make it. Miami had destiny in their hands w/ 3 games to play against 3 teams that wouldn't make the playoffs w/ 2 of the games at home and they lost ALL THREE!

NE was the better reg season team, the Jets better postseason team. I'd rather be the better postseason team.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 02:16 PM
The jets won 2 playoff games each season, NE & GB combined for ZERO. Do you not see the difference?

NE failed last year since they were SB favorites but it wasn't close to the failure of 2009 or 2010 where they didn't win a playoff game.

I see the difference. But what did the Jets winning 11 games and then 9 do for them? Nothing.

according to you the '07 Giants were not elite and we have to wait 3 years on the '11 team.

There has to be some sort of chemical imbalance in your diet or something b/c you just haven't been able to understand my personal belief of what being elite is.

The 2007 SB winning Giants were not elite. They became elite after winning this year. They ARE elite now. We don't have to wait for anything. If they don't have success this year into the next few years then we could start saying they're no longer elite.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

you can act like vaark and whine about 2009 but we won the games required to win to make it. Miami had destiny in their hands w/ 3 games to play against 3 teams that wouldn't make the playoffs w/ 2 of the games at home and they lost ALL THREE!

NE was the better reg season team, the Jets better postseason team. I'd rather be the better postseason team.

The Dolphins have nothing to do with this discussion. Stop trying to deflect.

The New Guy
07-11-2012, 02:19 PM

I * the 9 wins because I believe the difference between the Jets making the playoffs and missing the playoffs was playing Indy backups for 2 quarters. That is not the point though and like phinz said, this isn't about what the Dolphins did or didn't so. You were asking what 14 wins and 15 wins got NE and GB. It got them an advantage in the playoffs by giving them a week off with an automatic advance and a home game. They were not able to take advantage of it, but that doesn't make it meaningless. It got them more than the Jets 9 and 11 wins. Both ended up at home with nothing. The Jets advance further in 09 and 10. That is not debatable. You are claiming they were the better team over the last 3 years because they advanced further. I disagree. looking at the 3 year period as a whole, NE is the better team.

NE:

9 more regular season wins
3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I * the 9 wins because I believe the difference between the Jets making the playoffs and missing the playoffs was playing Indy backups for 2 quarters. That is not the point though and like phinz said, this isn't about what the Dolphins did or didn't so. You were asking what 14 wins and 15 wins got NE and GB. It got them an advantage in the playoffs by giving them a week off with an automatic advance and a home game. They were not able to take advantage of it, but that doesn't make it meaningless. It got them more than the Jets 9 and 11 wins. Both ended up at home with nothing. The Jets advance further in 09 and 10. That is not debatable. You are claiming they were the better team over the last 3 years because they advanced further. I disagree. looking at the 3 year period as a whole, NE is the better team.

NE:

3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

It's like NE and GB are getting knocked around more b/c they won a lot of regular season games and lost in the playoffs whereas the Giants haven't won as many games in either of their SB runs (one of his criticisms of Eli and the Giants was their lack of regular season success) yet the Giants have beaten NE twice in the SB and GB at their place last year.

The Giants are better than all of these teams the last five years minimum.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I see the difference. But what did the Jets winning 11 games and then 9 do for them? Nothing.

There has to be some sort of chemical imbalance in your diet or something b/c you just haven't been able to understand my personal belief of what being elite is.

The 2007 SB winning Giants were not elite. They became elite after winning this year. They ARE elite now. We don't have to wait for anything. If they don't have success this year into the next few years then we could start saying they're no longer elite.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

The Dolphins have nothing to do with this discussion. Stop trying to deflect.

I am using your defintiion of elite, using your definition the '07 Giants were not elite.

NE:

3 division titles
3 playoff apps
1 Super Bowl app

NYJ

9 less wins
0 division titles
2 playoff apps
0 Super Bowl apps

No the difference was Miami losing their last 3 games to 3 teams who didn't make the playoffs.

I said the Jets were better 2 of the last 3 years and they were but a SB app gives NE the edge for the 3 years even thought they had a creampuff road to the SB and lost to a team they should have beaten.

You forgot

NYJ
4 playoff wins
whipped NE at NE in 2010 div rd

NE
2 playoff wins
got whipped at home by NYJ in 2010 div rd

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I am using your defintiion of elite, using your definition the '07 Giants were not elite.

Okay you get that part at least. I have not one time said the 2007 Giants were ever elite. Not once.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I said the Jets were better 2 of the last 3 years and they were but a SB app gives NE the edge for the 3 years even thought they had a creampuff road to the SB and lost to a team they should have beaten.

Beating Denver and Baltimore is cream puff? Why did Denver and Baltimore both beat the Jets in 2011 then? NE beat both of them in the playoffs, @ Denver in the reg season and swept the Jets.

The New Guy
07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
No the difference was Miami losing their last 3 games to 3 teams who didn't make the playoffs.

You forgot

NYJ
4 playoff wins
whipped NE at NE in 2010 div rd

NE
2 playoff wins
got whipped at home by NYJ in 2010 div rd

No, Miami had nothing to do with it. If the Jets had played Indy starters for 4 quarters, they would have missed the playoffs regardless of what Miami did.

I didn't forget. 2 more playoff wins has been your sole argument for the Jets being better than NE 2 out of 3 years from the beginning. What did those 2 extra playoff wins give the Jets that it didn't give NE?

In 3 years, NE has more playoff apps, more division titles, more regular season wins and a Super Bowl app. That is my argument for NE being better over 3 years. All you have is 2 more playoff wins that left the Jets in the same spot as it left NE in 2009 and 2010.

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Beating Denver and Baltimore is cream puff? Why did Denver and Baltimore both beat the Jets in 2011 then? NE beat both of them in the playoffs, @ Denver in the reg season and swept the Jets.

Denver was 8-8 and had Tim Tebow at QB
Bal was a quality team but up to that point Flacco had never played well in a postseason game, he did play well but the rest of the team did not.

The Jets in 2011 were not very good.

No, Miami had nothing to do with it. If the Jets had played Indy starters for 4 quarters, they would have missed the playoffs regardless of what Miami did.

I didn't forget. 2 more playoff wins has been your sole argument for the Jets being better than NE 2 out of 3 years from the beginning. What did those 2 extra playoff wins give the Jets that it didn't give NE?

In 3 years, NE has more playoff apps, more division titles, more regular season wins and a Super Bowl app. That is my argument for NE being better over 3 years. All you have is 2 more playoff wins that left the Jets in the same spot as it left NE in 2009 and 2010.

Maybe but we'll never know. That's like saying against SD if they emoved starters up 7-3 midway through the 3rd we would have had no chance if they kept their starters in but they kept them in and we won so Indy probably wins but we'll never know. You guys also got Indy and NO at HOME, we played them on the road.

Yeah, double the playoff wins is such a poor argument.

half the playoff wins and in their lone head to head postseason meeting the Jets beat them up in Foxboro.

SpurzN703
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Denver was 8-8 and had Tim Tebow at QB
Bal was a quality team but up to that point Flacco had never played well in a postseason game, he did play well but the rest of the team did not.

The Jets in 2011 were not very good.

No fault to the Patriots for beating their conference foes when they needed to

nyjunc
07-11-2012, 03:52 PM
No fault to the Patriots for beating their conference foes when they needed to

They earned the right by having a great reg season, that's where that comes into play. We were a WC and had to play the 2 hottest teams in the AFC in the div rd then go on the road against top AFC teams. NE got a wek team this past div rd then faced a quality team at home. They earned that road but it was easy.

SpurzN703
07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
They earned the right by having a great reg season, that's where that comes into play. We were a WC and had to play the 2 hottest teams in the AFC in the div rd then go on the road against top AFC teams. NE got a wek team this past div rd then faced a quality team at home. They earned that road but it was easy.

Maybe it was easy b/c the Patriots are really good?

nyjunc
07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Maybe it was easy b/c the Patriots are really good?

or the Broncos really weren't good?

SpurzN703
07-12-2012, 10:12 AM
or the Broncos really weren't good?

I'll still never know how Tebow led that team to a .500 record. The game vs Miami was just the epitome of FML I've felt the last few years.

nyjunc
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I'll still never know how Tebow led that team to a .500 record. The game vs Miami was just the epitome of FML I've felt the last few years.

The man made plays late, I give him credit BUT in that Miami game, in the Jet game, in the Chi game it was also b/c of the stupidity of the opponent to allow them to come back.

SpurzN703
07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
The man made plays late, I give him credit BUT in that Miami game, in the Jet game, in the Chi game it was also b/c of the stupidity of the opponent to allow them to come back.

True. I mean the Denver defense was their strong point. If a healthy Manning was on that team last year they easily would've won 10 games minimum. It'll be interesting to see how Denver fares this year.

nyjunc
07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
True. I mean the Denver defense was their strong point. If a healthy Manning was on that team last year they easily would've won 10 games minimum. It'll be interesting to see how Denver fares this year.

healthy Manning? they win 10+ but I bet they get to around the same round. I don't know if he is healthy now, we'll see. If he is I think they'll win around 10 this year but that is a big if.

SpurzN703
07-12-2012, 12:07 PM
healthy Manning? they win 10+ but I bet they get to around the same round. I don't know if he is healthy now, we'll see. If he is I think they'll win around 10 this year but that is a big if.

I wonder what effect if any the high altitude there will have on his injury

NY8123
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Know and know you know.

Field Goal................fist pump!!!!!

CaptTravis
07-15-2012, 11:19 PM
going to be interesting to see how he does with a new team

hooshoops
07-16-2012, 11:07 PM
i think the next guy to fall on the axe in new york should this year not produce playoffs is tannebaum...sparano could be let go also obviously but i'm thinking the gm is getting close to the chopping block...

sparano should gain all that weight back he had on him when he came to miami...as soon as he lost weight he became more incompetent the more the lbs fell off...

nyjunc
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
i think the next guy to fall on the axe in new york should this year not produce playoffs is tannebaum...sparano could be let go also obviously but i'm thinking the gm is getting close to the chopping block...

sparano should gain all that weight back he had on him when he came to miami...as soon as he lost weight he became more incompetent the more the lbs fell off...

Unless we are 5-11 and have off field issues throughout the season I can't see any changes being made. Tannenbaum has done a good job overall helping assemble a roster that has been one of the better AFC teams undre his tenure, I think his job is secure esepcially since he is a cap guru and we have some cap issues he'll need to work his way out of.