PDA

View Full Version : New Obama Ad Targets Black Voters

SnakeoilSeller
06-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Listen to the new radio ad cut by the Obama campaign. Is it condescending? Does it scream desperation? Whichever, it seems very un - Presidential to me. I guess when you cannot run on your record or have to resort to this.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/06/13/obama-ad-targets-black-voters/

LANGER72
06-14-2012, 10:01 AM
We got chur back... the tune is definitely geared to his black voters.
It sounds like a typical election commercial to me. Full of half truths and exaggerated promises.
I especially like the part about taking the medicaid from sick, elderly, Americans..oh wait..that is what he is attempting to do and replace with obama care.

Perfect23
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah because there gonna vote for Romney over him.

Dogbone34
06-14-2012, 03:40 PM
it's got a nice beat the kids can dance to

Tetragrammaton
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah because there gonna vote for Romney over him.

It isn't so much that. It is that they might not vote.

If the black vote comes through in Michigan, Virginia, and North Carolina the way they want it to, Obama can wrap up his victory before they cross into the West. That would allow a certain amount of states for gloating.

How is this any more condescending than Romney's "corporations are people too" line? This one isn't making me question my humanity.

jared81
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM

If the black vote comes through in Michigan, Virginia, and North Carolina the way they want it to, Obama can wrap up his victory before they cross into the West. That would allow a certain amount of states for gloating.

How is this any more condescending than Romney's "corporations are people too" line? This one isn't making me question my humanity.

I think the overall scare tactics politicians on both sides use is sickening to me. Obama is a Muslim or republicans are going to go back to Jim crow. The sad part is that many believe this type of bs.

rdg7783
06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Romney and Obama both have alternative motives. We are just the sheep and big business runs the country.

SnakeoilSeller
06-14-2012, 09:05 PM

If Obama needs a huge black turn out to win deep dark blue Michigan, he is in trouble.

Tetragrammaton
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
If Obama needs a huge black turn out to win deep dark blue Michigan, he is in trouble.

It isn't deep dark blue. That is why McCain spent so long in the state in an election that was a huge victory for the Democrats. Add Romney's history in Michigan, and it is competitive.

SnakeoilSeller
06-15-2012, 07:50 AM
It isn't deep dark blue. That is why McCain spent so long in the state in an election that was a huge victory for the Democrats. Add Romney's history in Michigan, and it is competitive.

It may be competitive now ( all states will be with Obama doing so horribly) but it is revisionist history to claim that Michigan is not dark blue. Obama won by over 17 points in 2008. It has not voted Republican for the Wh since 1988. Bill Clinton won by double digits in 1996. He also beat an incumbent President Bush I by 8 points in 1992. BTW, Romney's history in Michigan, still made the primary tight. The reality is that Obama is failing this country miserably. Every state is going to be tight (minus lost causes like NY and California) while we continue to endure the Obama economy.

Tetragrammaton
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
It may be competitive now ( all states will be with Obama doing so horribly) but it is revisionist history to claim that Michigan is not dark blue. Obama won by over 17 points in 2008. It has not voted Republican for the Wh since 1988. Bill Clinton won by double digits in 1996. He also beat an incumbent President Bush I by 8 points in 1992. BTW, Romney's history in Michigan, still made the primary tight. The reality is that Obama is failing this country miserably. Every state is going to be tight (minus lost causes like NY and California) while we continue to endure the Obama economy.

Your political analysis aside, the seventeen points come partially from McCain pulling out of the state rather than continue to compete.

EAST LANSING, Mich. (http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=EAST%20LANSING,%20Mich.&sty=h&form=msdate) — Republican presidential candidate John McCain conceded battleground Michigan to the Democrats on Thursday, GOP officials said, a major retreat as he struggles to regain his footing in a campaign increasingly dominated by economic issues.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26995047/ns/politics-decision_08/t/mccain-campaign-writes-michigan/#.T9tTFcV0ktE

Candidates don't campaign in states they have no chance of winning. You won't see Mitt Romney parading around in Oregon very often, and you won't see Obama in Utah.

SnakeoilSeller
06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Maybe McCain was just an idiot to think that he would take a very blue state. And since McCain ran maybe the worst campaign since McGovern, I don't know if McCain is a good example. I will take the last 5 Presidential elections (20 years of data), with an average Democrat victory of about 10 points or more as indication that it is a blue state. A very blue state, and if Obama needs the blacks to "have his back" and his campaign is spending money saying that, he is in trouble.

Tetragrammaton
06-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe McCain was just an idiot to think that he would take a very blue state. And since McCain ran maybe the worst campaign since McGovern, I don't know if McCain is a good example. I will take the last 5 Presidential elections (20 years of data), with an average Democrat victory of about 10 points or more as indication that it is a blue state. A very blue state, and if Obama needs the blacks to "have his back" and his campaign is spending money saying that, he is in trouble.

No one uses the Clinton elections in compiling historical data because the Perot factor changes all the typical results. 2000 and on is the best to draw conclusions from, and every cycle, Michigan is considered a swing state. Campaigns are staffed with very bright people who have been analyzing results and the costs of campaigning in states for years. Even after two cycles of Democratic wins in Congress, the Michigan Congressional delegation was still just 8 Democrats to 7 Republicans, and they own the lead now.