PDA

View Full Version : HBO apologizes for showing a severed head image of former president George Bush

BAMAPHIN 22
06-14-2012, 10:41 AM
HBO apologized Wednesday amid outrage that "Game of Thrones" features former President George W. Bush (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/George+W.+Bush)'s severed head impaled on a spike.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/game-thrones-scene-featured-severed-head-resembling-president-george-w-bush-article-1.1095149#ixzz1xmKlHBnM

Gonzo
06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I guess I see the likeness, but you could say the same about any severed head on that show. I was offended when one looked like Eddard Stark.

Spesh
06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Mountains out of molehills.

It took over a year for that comparison to get made. Even looking at the photo it took me a minute to see which head they were talking about(the very long brown hair threw me off). Havent watched the second season(finishing the book first), but the first season was filled with corpses. If they wanted to make a political statement they had more then enough real chances.

Gonzo
06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Mountains out of molehills.

It took over a year for that comparison to get made. Even looking at the photo it took me a minute to see which head they were talking about(the very long brown hair threw me off). Havent watched the second season(finishing the book first), but the first season was filled with corpses. If they wanted to make a political statement they had more then enough real chances.We're doing the same thing. :hi5: Watched season 1, reading second book right now. I actually look forward to my subway rides.

Spesh
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
We're doing the same thing. :hi5: Watched season 1, reading second book right now. I actually look forward to my subway rides.

:up:

Not the biggest fantasy series fan myself, but ate these books up...to a point. Sat down and read the first 800 pages of the second book in 3 days or so, then completely plateaued. Havent been able to pick it up in 3 weeks but getting the itch to finish itch it. Has hideously held me back from watching the tv show :lol:

So who knows, maybe ive missed out on the scene where Jon Snow drop kicks G.W's head before whipping out a sword to decapitate Rice, after which he begins to discuss his plans to try and kill the undead(Cheney).

Gonzo
06-14-2012, 01:51 PM
:up:

Not the biggest fantasy series fan myself, but ate these books up...to a point. Sat down and read the first 800 pages of the second book in 3 days or so, then completely plateaued. Havent been able to pick it up in 3 weeks but getting the itch to finish itch it. Has hideously held me back from watching the tv show :lol:

So who knows, maybe ive missed out on the scene where Jon Snow drop kicks G.W's head before whipping out a sword to decapitate Rice, after which he begins to discuss his plans to try and kill the undead(Cheney).
Not to mention all the abortions Gregor performs while community-organizing for the Lannisters.

Valandui
06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I guess I see the likeness, but you could say the same about any severed head on that show. I was offended when one looked like Eddard Stark.

If only he were running for president.

LANGER72
06-14-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't know, the other head kind of looks like Hilliary on a good day :rolleyes2:.......really...this is just nonsense.
Just lame political noise.

Dogbone34
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Thrones is a great show

They should add sad behar's head to the mix

Clipse
06-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Never even noticed it. Oh well. Still the best show on television as far as I'm concerned.

Gonzo
06-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Never even noticed it. Oh well. Still the best show on television as far as I'm concerned.
In a show chock full of boobies and dragons, they're watching for this kind of stuff. :err: :limp: