PDA

View Full Version : Golf with a find

crumpdaddy
06-19-2012, 05:57 AM
what the heck its offseason and chatter gets old, im pulling my clubs out of attic and golfing today for first time in years. golfing at monroe country club where Michael Jordan and Lawrance Taylor have played. Living in monroe and have only played courses within a 100 mile radius i've sure i've never played golf where a fin player has....but who knows. has anyone played a course with or after a fin player has and how have ya done. im a horrible golfer and only shot in the 90's where MJ and LT played. anyone show danny boy up.....and yes this is a bored drunken post but what the hay

Arsenal WV
06-19-2012, 07:49 AM
I try to play at least twice a week. I'm not too bad. Finally got some new clubs this past spring and they have helped my game a lot.

Fins1971
06-19-2012, 08:12 AM
I try to play at least twice a week. I'm not too bad. Finally got some new clubs this past spring and they have helped my game a lot.

Got golf league this afternoon. 20 rounds of 9 each year and I get to get out of work early to do it. We also try to line up the vendors to take us for 18 ocassionally.
It can be an expensive game if you play all the time so any free rounds help.

It is the most challenging game that I have ever played. That is what keeps me coming back to play it. Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting much better over the years. Probably dropped 5 strokes from when I first started playing nearly 40 years ago. But when things go right it can be quite an adreline rush.

Last week I couldn't get off the tee without putting my ball in the hazard. But for two straight holes I chipped in from 30 feet and then from 30 yards. Never do that again in a lifetime. Both times were to save double boggies because of errant tee shots. One part of your game will be working but then another fails you. But at the moment of the hole ins I was on top of the world.

Golf is somewhat like a football team working together. Offense, defense, special teams compared to tee shots, chipping and putting. You have to put all three together to have an excellent effort. Hopefully I come up with one hole today where all three things are clicking and I get the ever elusive first birdie of the year.

Bumpus
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd9utjmweZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Arsenal WV
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
I have the same problem. When my iron game is going good that day, my driving is awful. When i'm driving the ball straight, I can't chip or use my irons for ****.

I'll master it one day.

Fins1971
06-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Shot a 52 last night. Started out with 7 & 8 on 1st two holes to kill my round. Settled down after that to end the round strong with a par on a hole that I havent gotten par on in a long time.
Left a couple more pars out there with some crappy putting.

cbreeden
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Shot a 52 last night. Started out with 7 & 8 on 1st two holes to kill my round. Settled down after that to end the round strong with a par on a hole that I havent gotten par on in a long time.
Left a couple more pars out there with some crappy putting.

You sure you didn't putt with a wedgie?

Fins1971
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
You sure you didn't putt with a wedgie?

It felt like it after missing those pars. This course is tough. Watching the greens at Olympic this weekend reminded me of our league course Pipestone.
You just never get a level putt. But I usually score much better when I go to another course so its all good.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

what the heck its offseason and chatter gets old, im pulling my clubs out of attic and golfing today for first time in years. golfing at monroe country club where Michael Jordan and Lawrance Taylor have played. Living in monroe and have only played courses within a 100 mile radius i've sure i've never played golf where a fin player has....but who knows. has anyone played a course with or after a fin player has and how have ya done. im a horrible golfer and only shot in the 90's where MJ and LT played. anyone show danny boy up.....and yes this is a bored drunken post but what the hay

So how did you do? Or do you even remember posting this? LOL.

RockyMtnPhinfan
06-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeh then you have a nice cigar (or a cheapie) and a brewski that way you have something to blame your poor golfing on. I started playing 3 years ago and usually am landing in the 94-102 range. Probably going to take my first lesson soon.

cbreeden
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeh then you have a nice cigar (or a cheapie) and a brewski that way you have something to blame your poor golfing on. I started playing 3 years ago and usually am landing in the 94-102 range. Probably going to take my first lesson soon.

Usually doing this in the middle of the round! Especially if the beer wench is decent looking.

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

We don't call that a brewski on the links. Its called aiming fluid and sometimes it helps. LOL.

Arsenal WV
06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Lessons are a must man!

I played really good today. My drives in the past were burners so I tee'd up the ball just a little bit higher and I was crushing them. I think i was only 6 over today. So that's not too bad.

and holy **** it was hot outside.

cbreeden
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Teeing it up Sunday on a course with a 747 yd par 6 (the Rattler). Longest hole in AZ; 5th longest in the US and 10th longest on the planet! I've birdied it several times and even had an eagle put a few weeks ago.

GoonBoss
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Drunk golfing is the best golfing.

RockyMtnPhinfan
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
We don't call that a brewski on the links. Its called aiming fluid and sometimes it helps. LOL.

We also call it "swing lubricant"

cbreeden
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Teeing it up Sunday on a course with a 747 yd par 6 (the Rattler). Longest hole in AZ; 5th longest in the US and 10th longest on the planet! I've birdied it several times and even had an eagle put a few weeks ago.

Pared it. Shot an 85 overall.

vamadman
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
I have never been consistently been able to his my fairway woods. Planning on working on this this summer. This should be my tenth post!!!!

Tunaphish429
06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Just played a course called timber banks up here in baldwinsville ny ...designed by jack niculaus shot a 61...real tough course....

cbreeden
06-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Just played a course called timber banks up here in baldwinsville ny ...designed by jack niculaus shot a 61...real tough course....

On the front 9? :lol:

Fins1971
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I have never been consistently been able to his my fairway woods. Planning on working on this this summer. This should be my tenth post!!!!

Screw the fairway woods. get yourself a hybrid 3 and hybrid 4. It goes almost the same distance and is alot easier to hit straight and consistently.
I picked up and Adam's 3 hybrid in the sale rack at Dicks for $60 a month ago. I don't even use my 5 wood anymore and have dropped 5 strokes just like that.
I'm consistently up near the green in regulation now and its just a chip and a 2 putt to walk away with bogey. Getting more pars as well.

NY8123
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you drink and golf! **** I get hammered half the time when I golf. Still doesn't affect my game in the least, I mean I'm slightly better than a boogie golfer whether I'm drunk or not so I might as well be drunk and hitting the sticks!

GoonBoss
09-14-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm mature enough to say, my temper won't tolerate golf.

I've tried.

I can't do it.

Bumpus
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Why the hell wouldn't you drink and golf! **** I get hammered half the time when I golf. Still doesn't affect my game in the least, I mean I'm slightly better than a boogie golfer whether I'm drunk or not so I might as well be drunk and hitting the sticks!

My thoughts exactly. However, at times, it can make the windmill obstacle more difficult. :idk:

Fins1971
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Drinking beer makes me play better to a point. Like 3 beers per 9 holes is just about right. Makes you relaxed and carefree.
Drinking anymore and all hell starts to break loose.

cbreeden
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Drinking beer makes me play better to a point. Like 3 beers per 9 holes is just about right. Makes you relaxed and carefree.
Drinking anymore and all hell starts to break loose.

Your math is all wrong. It should be 3 beers per hole. You can never have too much aiming fluid! :hump:

Fins1971
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Shot a 91 yesterday. Lowest score ever. Was laying 84 on the 18th tee needing a bogey to shoot my 1st round in eighties.
Ended up hitting my second in the trap and it took 2 shots to get out. Then facing 15 footer for bogey I blew it past by 6 feet and then missed the comeback.
I guess I needed more aiming fluid on that 2nd shot on 18. Gotta keep trying.