PDA

View Full Version : Adidas pulls shackle shoes for cry of racism

BAMAPHIN 22
06-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Company won’t release the JS Roundhouse Mid sneaker despite defending design

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/adidas-pulls-shackle-shoe-outcry-racism-article-1.1098306#ixzz1yFqiazyn

Bumpus
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
What could be construed as racist about these?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/Adidas465-1.jpg

:lol:

PhinsPhan11
06-19-2012, 05:56 PM
:bobdole: :bobdole:

DisturbedShifty
06-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. It's 2012, it's not like slavery ended five years ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

CallMeDaddy
06-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Shoes are nice, would've just taken the shackles off, honestly I don't think it's much racist at all.

MiZFiT
06-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. It's 2012, it's not like slavery ended five years ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Even so, racism and discrimination is still very prevalent in our society today and those shoes are a complete FAIL.

NY8123
06-20-2012, 07:47 AM
I thought these were going to be standard issue in the penal system.

Shackles have been around a hell of a lot longer than slavery.

Vaark
06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Shackles, enslavement and all that sordid treatment date back to biblical days. I can certainly understand where a historically exploited and mistreated segment of our society might take umbrage, but frankly some of the racial epithets, dehumanizing misogyny and glorification of thuggery on music that's embraced and glorified by even the mainstream of that same segment, IMO is more of an insult and self-defeating to that heritage than the introduction of a ridiculous athletic shoe. This is an over-the-top typical PC overreaction.

Wildbill3
06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
better than shackle underwear I suppose.

jared81
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I thought these were going to be standard issue in the penal system.

Shackles have been around a hell of a lot longer than slavery.

EXACTLY!!! one race or religon doesnt own the shame of racism, for thousands of years people have made to be slaves, its not just a specific group. though the al sharptons of the world would selfishly have you believe so.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Even so, racism and discrimination is still very prevalent in our society today and those shoes are a complete FAIL.

oh really....so i guess you have a problem with sports teams being called the "redskins"?

Valandui
06-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Shackles, enslavement and all that sordid treatment date back to biblical days. I can certainly understand where a historically exploited and mistreated segment of our society might take umbrage, but frankly some of the racial epithets, dehumanizing misogyny and glorification of thuggery on music that's embraced and glorified by even the mainstream of that same segment, IMO is more of an insult and self-defeating to that heritage than the introduction of a ridiculous athletic shoe. This is an over-the-top typical PC overreaction.

Thank you. I really wish someone would tell Jesse Jackson that slavery existed before America.

NY8123
06-21-2012, 12:30 AM
better than shackle underwear I suppose.

Bill I like this idea! We could build undrwear with a built in **** ring!

cdz12250
06-21-2012, 03:49 AM
I think they're geared more toward the S&M crowd than racist. You know: Whips. Chains. Leather. Studs. At some point, they have to play other sports.

GoonBoss
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
We still use leg irons.

Every day, matter of face.

Doesn't matter what color you are. they are equal opportunity restraints.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Thank you. I really wish someone would tell Jesse Jackson that slavery existed before America.

And still exists today....

AND there are places in the world that still slaughter whole towns full of another group of people
just becuase they are Hutu, or Tootsie....Or Serb, Or Croation....

Yet we, the in the US are the problem somehow.