PDA

View Full Version : I directed my 2nd film, Maybe Submitting it to festivals...Thoughts?

RobertHorry
06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I need to know what you guys think of my film before I ship it off to many film festivals. Its actually an undergraduate film I did as a senior a couple months ago. Its my 2nd time directing anything and first with actual dialogue. Should I even consider submitting it to film festivals?

https://vimeo.com/42311047

password: chadhenne

Fins1971
06-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I'd give it a thumbs up. Looks much better than most of the crap I see on directv.
Where can I watch the rest? LOL.

fsuhunter
06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I really liked it. But what do I know, the s%&t that scores well on imdb I think sucks and poorly rated stuff I tend to like...Thanks for sharing.

littlemarino
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
what a twist!

Austin Tatious
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Impressive, three point Bob. Excellent. Submit it. You have talent.

tay0365
06-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice work, I have actually watched a few undergrad films, and this is actually very good. I would send it, I think this movie would do pretty well at any of the festivals in comparison. Good Luck :up:

RobertHorry
06-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Thank you. Its basically the first time I have directed dialogue or a real film haha. Hopefully I can get some more opinions.

Predaphin
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Considering I'm not into those type of thrillers.

KTOWNFINFAN
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
I need to know what you guys think of my film before I ship it off to many film festivals. Its actually an undergraduate film I did as a senior a couple months ago. Its my 2nd time directing anything and first with actual dialogue. Should I even consider submitting it to film festivals?

https://vimeo.com/42311047

password: chadhenne

I liked all of it but the last scene. I think it would have been a little more dramatic if when he handed him the book the camera paned down and zoomed in on the words where there had to be the blood of the innocent AND the blood of a murderer. Then let the guy look up and see the knife coming and then the screen going black. I found the acting to be very solid except for the last where he says "I don't understand". It wouldn't take the average person more than a split second to figure THAT out. But overall I liked it. Nice job.

RobertHorry
06-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Interesting. Yeah I did direct another student's script so it was nothing to write home about. The problem is that the book never said it. It was just some random book we found.

oasis
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice job. Did you shoot this with a 5d2?

Reminded me a little of a short called "Black Cab" from a few years ago, when dSLRs first started making high quality film work possible for folks without access to film equipment. Considering that was put together by people with a lot more experience than you, the comparison is a good one. :)

I thought you did a nice job with a script that could have been a little better.

RobertHorry
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice job. Did you shoot this with a 5d2?

Reminded me a little of a short called "Black Cab" from a few years ago, when dSLRs first started making high quality film work possible for folks without access to film equipment. Considering that was put together by people with a lot more experience than you, the comparison is a good one. :)

I thought you did a nice job with a script that could have been a little better.

Yeah, we shot with a 5D. I wish I had more time to plan it out. We had 4 days to plan this and shoot it before we had to turn it in.

Uruguayfinfan
06-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I agree with we what others have written. Liked all but the last scene. The last kill didn't convince me much. What do you loose by sending it? If nothing, then just send it!