PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

JCane
06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Great stuff here.

Good to read that our local teams are supporting other local teams and players and feeling inspired by what they see.

This is what a lot of people who are "just Dolphin fans" can't see and understand. This kind of stuff is good for the Dolphins, Marlins, Hurricanes, etc.

Hopefully some of the Dolphins and other South Florida athletes tune in tomorrow to see this great Miami Heat team win this thing at home for the greatest city in the world.

FINS UP AND #HEATNATION

:iwantmore: :iwantmore: :iwantmore:

"I think we're all hometown Heat fans," Dolphins tight end Anthony Fasano (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/football/anthony-fasano--PESPT0012019.topic) said. "It's good to see. Would love to see LeBron get some people off his back. He deserves it. I'm cheering hard for the Heat."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-mikeb-miami-dolphins-0621-2-20120620,0,2694706.column

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 02:29 AM
The Dolphins need to find their LeBron, Wade, and Bosh though. :lol:

Who knows...maybe there's a future superstar in our rookie QB who will lead us to championships. Time will tell.

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 04:21 AM
The Dolphins need to find their LeBron, Wade, and Bosh though. :lol:

Who knows...maybe there's a future superstar in our rookie QB who will lead us to championships. Time will tell.

i was saying this the other day, great inspiration the heat have to be giving the dolphins. Tannenhill has to be the guy who leads us, we need our own version of aaron rodgers. Cam newton came into the league his rookie year and lit it up, i am hoping tannenhill has the same success.

Built2Win
06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Winning is a process even if you have all the talent in the world. Experience can trump talent if the talent is not prepared. The heat learned this last year and i am glad to see them humbled by that and learn from it.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 07:53 AM
i sure would love for the dolphins to get all the game deciding and game changing calls the way the heat do...

paper champions...

Tunaphish429
06-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Hopefully the Dolphins can get the support that the Heat are getting from the local crowd..

Vaark
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
i sure would love for the dolphins to get all the game deciding and game changing calls the way the heat do...

paper champions...

Ironic that haters are pissing and moaning about a questionable perceived foul on a guy playing for the OKC Carpetbaggers who himself on a more blatant one should have been tossed from the game 3 minutes or so before that! :idk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgia9JCFro

JCane
06-21-2012, 08:42 AM

paper champions...

History will say otherwise.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 08:53 AM

paper champions...

So wait, you're telling me that a team built to get to the rim is getting (only slightly) more foul calls than a jump shooting team? Blasphemy. See sig regarding your "paper champions" analysis...

Funky Fin
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM

paper champions...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/Kid_crying_blog-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/23780524531-1.jpg

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Ironic that haters are pissing and moaning about a questionable perceived foul on a guy playing for the OKC Carpetbaggers who himself on a more blatant one should have been tossed from the game 3 minutes or so before that! :idk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acgia9JCFro
Agreed. Battier was a stone wall on that play. So egregious.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 09:05 AM
History will say otherwise.

that's true...but i'll know better...and that's all that matters to me...

i realize its not the popular opinion around these parts but i've never been one to just go with the grain when my eyes tell me different...

and vaark durants been treated worse in ths finals than manny pacquio was in the tim bradley fight...

the heat and the thunder were the 2 best teams in the league this year but i swear the officiating has been so bad in the heats favor when it mattered that this could have been epic nba finals has turned into a sham...

supermarks westbrook goes to the rim more than any heat player pretty much so that jump shooting argument is garbage...and i wasn't talking about the trips to the basket either...anyways no use in arguing it on the main forum...you homers enjoy your paper championship...although i would at least wait til you actually win tonight before i start popping the bubbly...

hats off to lebron if he wins it...he deserves it...and thats about as far as i can go...looking forward to the nba supposedly invoking a flopping rule so guys like wade and battier have to actually earn things...wade especially

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Agreed. Battier was a stone wall on that play. So egregious.

Battier was in position but that suttle move forward while Durrant was in the air was what caused the blocking foul. You can't do that and cause contact.

I'm a Heat fan and even I can see that.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Battier was in position but that suttle move forward while Durrant was in the air was what caused the blocking foul. You can't do that and cause contact.

holy hell...an honest nba heat fan maybe...answer me this buddy have the heat gotten the whistle in this series or what??? did durant earn all those fouls he was called for in games 2-3 and took him out of games to have to sit for so damn long??? give it to me straight...how bout every 50/50 call that has gone the heats way the last 3 games...ibaka getting a 3rd foul on a loose ball guys on the ground pretty much there better be blood if you're gonna call a 3rd foul in the first half on that...hardin and lebron trying to establish position on the block garbage calls against hardin with little to no real contact that would give anyone the advantage...hell i've seen battier doing dirtier things against durant not allowing him to catch at the top of the key and elbowing guys as they run thru the lane that has been a whole lot worse than those calls against hardin and no call...

i just wanted the finals to be called straight let the players decide it...we've hardly gotten that especially in games 2-3 and 4 wasn't much better...i guess the nba wants okc to wait its turn

JCane
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
My my....look what I've done.

Guys, I honestly didn't see this thread turning into this.

It was supposed to be about how the Dolphins have found inspiration; not about how great the Miami Heat are.

;)

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
The NBA season is still going on?

JCane
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM

I'm sure you'd know all about it if the Heat were down 3-1.

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
oh gee, cant say i didnt see that coming, yet another thread with hoops crying about officials in the nba finals. The hate for the heat grows everyday around the country. I have seen some miami heat haters but damn, hoops takes it to a hole new level of hate. lol

Vaark
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM

i realize its not the popular opinion around these parts but i've never been one to just go with the grain when my eyes tell me different...

and vaark durants been treated worse in ths finals than manny pacquio was in the tim bradley fight...

the heat and the thunder were the 2 best teams in the league this year but i swear the officiating has been so bad in the heats favor when it mattered that this could have been epic nba finals has turned into a sham...

supermarks westbrook goes to the rim more than any heat player pretty much so that jump shooting argument is garbage...and i wasn't talking about the trips to the basket either...anyways no use in arguing it on the main forum...you homers enjoy your paper championship...although i would at least wait til you actually win tonight before i start popping the bubbly...

hats off to lebron if he wins it...he deserves it...and thats about as far as i can go...looking forward to the nba supposedly invoking a flopping rule so guys like wade and battier have to actually earn things...wade especially

I don't know if you root for the Celtics or not, but you sound like me anytime they play a post season game - where the refs empower that dirty, over the line trashing talking POS KG who legitimately should be fouling out every game. Any perceived advantages the Heat supposedly get are dwarfed by what I considered a tainted Boston championship and subsequent playoff year "successes." So I guess "favoritism" is in the eye of the beholder, eh?

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM

for your sixers it is. :sidelol:

Vaark
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM

but the Sandusky trial is winding down and going to the jury.

JCane
06-21-2012, 09:29 AM

Tickle Monster is going to rot in prison for a very long time IMO.

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Tickle Monster is going to rot in prison for a very long time IMO.

im really sick of seeing this dude on tv smiling all the time, this sicko should have been locked up already.

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm sure you'd know all about it if the Heat were down 3-1.Why would I, not really a basketball fan. Don't really care one way or another who wins. Good for the Heat. I remember watching the Bulls and rooting for Michael Jordan when I was young. No interest really now.

Sad for the Sixers I guess. Yes, if I had to root for a NBA team it would be the 76ers because they are my local team. Offer me tickets to a 76ers NBA Finals game or a Dolphins preseason game, and I will take the Dolphins tickets every time.

JCane
06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Why would I, not really a basketball fan. Don't really care one way or another who wins. I remember watching the Bulls and rooting for Michael Jordan when I was young. No interest really now.

Well now that you know that the Dolphins are feeling inspired by the Heat's title run, we all know that you being the ultimate Dolphins homer will certainly be rooting for the Heat this evening.

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Yeah, hopefully he spends a long time behind bars if he really did the things he is being charged with. A person like that shouldn't be allowed to see the light of day again.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't know if you root for the Celtics or not, but you sound like me anytime they play a post season game - where the refs empower that dirty, over the line trashing talking POS KG who legitimately should be fouling out every game. Any perceived advantages the Heat supposedly get are dwarfed by what I considered a tainted Boston championship and subsequent playoff year "successes." So I guess "favoritism" is in the eye of the beholder, eh?

you should stick to what you know...which is comedy

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Well now that you know that the Dolphins are feeling inspired by the Heat's title run, we all know that you being the ultimate Dolphins homer will certainly be rooting for the Heat this evening.

Again, I don't really care who wins the game this evening. If the Heat win, good for them. If the other team wins, I don't really care one bit. If a few Dolphins players feel inspired about what the Heat are doing, good for them but I am not going to waste my time watching and rooting for something I have absolutely no interest in. Has nothing to do with being a "homer" or any other negative insult you want to throw my way, I just don't care about the Heat or the NBA in general. Just like I don't care for the Marlins. I do care about the Dolphins and the Florida Panthers though. Hell, I would even rather go to a Florida Panthers preseason game than a NBA finals game if given the choice.

Like I said glad you are excited for your basketball team, hope you see the results you want tonight or how many more nights this thing lasts for. Me, I will be enjoying my swimming pool, maybe watch that episode of Storage Wars I have recorded or see what else is on tonight. A NBA game is the last thing I will be watching tonight.

JCane
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Storage Wars is still going on?

Vaark
06-21-2012, 09:48 AM

Hit a nerve eh? I usually count about 8 or more PFs on Garnett every time I watch him play before I stopped, being too aggravated watching the flagrant favoritism. If you can't objectively acknowledge that, then bro, you've got little traction complaining about the Heat. You should shed those hater goggles and smell the coffee. :idk:

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/Barry_Weiss_Storage_Wars-1.jpg

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 09:51 AM

That subtle move youre talking about was before there was contact. Battier was set when Durant bowled him over...a heck of alot more than Ibaka was when he put Dwyane on his butt in game 4 for no call. Ibaka did not go straight up, shouldve been a block.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
8 player fouls on kg before you stop counting...ha ha...nonsense

anyways i should probably amend my prior paper champions statement somewhat...its not the heats players faults that things have gone the way they have it's the officials...the heat are just taking complete advantage and i mean complete of some really and i mean really terrible officiating...so terrible on some stuff i don't even know how those clowns have jobs

supermarks should stop...he sounds more lost about hoops by the moment...ibaka did go straight up he blocked the shot and wade in typical wade fashion tried to grab hold of him on his way down...that was clean...wade just fell on his back and whined like he does about everything and faked a back injury...ha ha

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM

one thing i gotta ask though, your not an okc fan, your not a heat fan, why is the nba finals such a strong topic for you? why are you so interested? like nublar said, if your not a fan you should have no interest in who wins. Maybe watch it yea, but the result should not matter for you. are you a lebron fan that got heart broken about the "decision" on espn?

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 09:56 AM
one thing i gotta ask though, your not an okc fan, your not a heat fan, why is the nba finals such a strong topic for you? why are you so interested? like nublar said, if your not a fan you should have no interest in who wins. Maybe watch it yea, but the result should not matter for you. are you a lebron fan that got heart broken about the "decision" on espn?

i'm a basketball fan...and nothing irks me more than an uneven playing field...like i said this finals could have been epic had the officiating not been so damn one sided...it just looks like thats what the nba wants...

as for lebron he's the best player in the league by a mile...but i want him to earn it...not be bailed out so much on soft contact and what not...he's earning a lot this postseason but the one sided officiating is really helping...if he was getting treated the way durant has this finals you guys would be shouting from the roof tops about it...i wouldn't blame you...its been that bad

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 09:57 AM

I am sorry if you were offended that I am not a basketball fan or a Heat fan. Wooo hooo Go Heat! Better?

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 09:59 AM
holy hell...an honest nba heat fan maybe...answer me this buddy have the heat gotten the whistle in this series or what??? ...i guess the nba wants okc to wait its turn

Heat have probably gotten a call or two. I won't go into detail regarding every foul. You could do that for every possesion just like offensive holding in the NFL. Ding Ding Ding, you got it right. It's the NBA, of course they want the Heat to win. OKC has to pay their dues this year and then they get some call next year. Last year it was Dallas's turn. Just seems to be the way it works. Which is why I don't watch too much NBA anymore. It is pretty much rigged IMO.

JCane
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I am sorry if you were offended that I am not a basketball fan or a Heat fan. Wooo hooo Go Heat! Better?

I've inspired you.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:01 AM
supermarks should stop...he sounds more lost about hoops by the moment...ibaka did go straight up he blocked the shot and wade in typical wade fashion tried to grab hold of him on his way down...that was clean...wade just fell on his back and whined like he does about everything and faked a back injury...ha ha

Wade did what? LOL you're either blind or thinking of a different play. Shouldve been called.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Heat have probably gotten a call or two. I won't go into detail regarding every foul. You could do that for every possesion just like offensive holding in the NFL. Ding Ding Ding, you got it right. It's the NBA, of course they want the Heat to win. OKC has to pay their dues this year and then they get some call next year. Last year it was Dallas's turn. Just seems to be the way it works. Which is why I don't watch too much NBA anymore. It is pretty much rigged IMO.

bingo...i don't know why i do it to myself either...the thunder have to wait their turn...stern is a fraud...i guess i get into it cause it helps shorten the offseason til nfl training camp

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Heck yeah thats the spirit :up:

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Wade did what? LOL you're either blind or thinking of a different play. Shouldve been called.

post a link to it then and lets see who's blind...and i don't mean some shady angle...the broadcast angle

JCane
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
8 player fouls on kg before you stop counting...ha ha...nonsense

anyways i should probably amend my prior paper champions statement somewhat...its not the heats players faults that things have gone the way they have it's the officials...the heat are just taking complete advantage and i mean complete of some really and i mean really terrible officiating...so terrible on some stuff i don't even know how those clowns have jobs

Typical Wade fashion is garbage.

You guys seen how this dude dresses himself after the game?

Thick rim glasses with no lenses?

Dude should add some lenses so that he can see how silly he looks.

I should teach fashion classes to these clowns.

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
i'm a basketball fan...and nothing irks me more than an uneven playing field...like i said this finals could have been epic had the officiating not been so damn one sided...it just looks like thats what the nba wants...

If you were a basketball fan you would not be trashing the nba like this, calling conspiracies blah blah, all that nonsense that puts a stain on the game. The nbas has enough of those ppl, a real fan would not side with that nonsense. Yea maybe you can argue the heat got some better calls in 1 of the games, but you know every game is different, some games okc gets the better calls, some the heat, but in the end, talent and athletic ability always prevails.

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 10:04 AM
That subtle move youre talking about was before there was contact. Battier was set when Durant bowled him over...a heck of alot more than Ibaka was when he put Dwyane on his butt in game 4 for no call. Ibaka did not go straight up, shouldve been a block.

You can't slide your body when the offensive player is in the air. doesn't have anything to do when contact is made.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Typical Wade fashion is garbage.

You guys seen how this dude dresses himself after the game?

Thick rim glasses with no lenses?

Dude should add some lenses so that he can see how silly he looks.

I should teach fashion classes to these clowns.

typical wade fashion is straight up the truth...always looking to be bailed out by the officials...ALWAYS

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
post a link to it then and lets see who's blind...and i don't mean some shady angle...the broadcast angle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrcjDAJooHA

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrcjDAJooHA

i can't check it on my work comp but i will when i get home...any of you basketball guys want to weigh in...is that a foul on ibaka??? does wade not immediately after the shot is blocked try to reach out and grab ibaka???

ITS!MATEO
06-21-2012, 10:10 AM

Since we're on this topic, Wade is and has always followed NBA rules with that move. He has perfected the jumper foul since his second year in the league. Having to change rules because a player is making the leagues rules look like a joke(which they are) is not the players fault.

I'd also like to point out that just because the Heat are this good doesn't mean they're getting help from the league or officiating crew... They're just great :up:

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
I've inspired you.
Still not going to watch or really care about the result. Barry, Darrell, Jarrod, Brandi and Dave will be on my TV tonight. YUUUP!

houtz
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM

I agree. I'd rather wait around for months reading ****ty Omar Kelly articles, eagerly waiting for the season to start than ever give two ****s about basketball.

With that said I've been watching the nba finals and I'm rooting hard for the Heat

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
i can't check it on my work comp but i will when i get home...any of you basketball guys want to weigh in...is that a foul on ibaka??? does wade not immediately after the shot is blocked try to reach out and grab ibaka???
LOL You ask me to post a video to settle a discussion that you cant open bc youre at work. TBH, looking at it again, the call looks like it couldve gone either way(you tend to see things differently in the heat of the moment, with all the craziness going on, and yes, homer goggles), but on the same token, Wade def didnt clutch and grab.

BTW, I'm a transplanted S. Floridian living in Richmond too.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL You ask me to post a video to settle a discussion that you cant open bc youre at work. TBH, looking at it again, the call looks like it couldve gone either way(you tend to see things differently in the heat of the moment, with all the craziness going on, and yes, homer goggles), but on the same token, Wade def didnt clutch and grab.

thats a clean play from what i saw in any league other than maybe a girls one...i'm just glad the officials didn't reward wade on that play...ie bail him out

Vaark
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Still not going to watch or really care about the result. Barry, Darrell, Jarrod, Brandi and Dave will be on my TV tonight. YUUUP!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/106bn6e-1.jpg

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:28 AM

rchmond...you play any hoops???

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
thats a clean play from what i saw in any league other than maybe a girls one...i'm just glad the officials didn't reward wade on that play...ie bail him out
OK fine, clean play in your eyes. Now lets get back to the genesis of the conversation. Based on your opinion of the Ibaka play, was Battier's position any worse? Not moving, and not in the restricted zone.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

rchmond...you play any hoops???
Not anymore, no time with full time work and a fam. Used to play at Rockwood though, til it got crazy with all the shootings and nonsense.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
OK fine, clean play in your eyes. Now lets get back to the genesis of the conversation. Based on your opinion of the Ibaka play, was Battier's position any worse? Not moving, and not in the restricted zone.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Not anymore, no time with full time work and a fam. Used to play at Rockwood though, til it got crazy with all the shootings and nonsense.

so you're admitting thats a clean play...in your own way...works for me...as for the battier call the nba is horrible about getting those charge calls right anyways imo you should play thru a lot of that kind of contact unless it effects the shot...i hate the charge call anyways...i get it you want to reward the d for beating the man to a position but the stuff in transition and worse off a single power dribble should be play on...the stuff where the guy comes all the way from the 3 point line down the lane in a half court set that to me is more what should be called...

the other thing though is battier flops so much on soft contact i don't like that the nba rewards flopping...and you'll rarely see a play like that where battier isn't leaning into the contact...

rockwood...i like living too much to play there

the ibaka play i'll put it this way...you call that garbage where i play and the balls going the other way...no matter what

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
You can't slide your body when the offensive player is in the air. doesn't have anything to do when contact is made.
Yeah, nothing in the rules speaks to this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

At best it could have gone either way, and my point is, if the refs wanted to give Miami and LeBron like its been suggested, wouldn't a charge have been called on that play, knocking Durant out of the game?

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 10:47 AM
so you're admitting thats a clean play...in your own way...works for me...as for the battier call the nba is horrible about getting those charge calls right anyways imo you should play thru a lot of that kind of contact unless it effects the shot...i hate the charge call anyways...i get it you want to reward the d for beating the man to a position but the stuff in transition and worse off a single power dribble should be play on...the stuff where the guy comes all the way from the 3 point line down the lane in a half court set that to me is more what should be called...

the other thing though is battier flops so much on soft contact i don't like that the nba rewards flopping...and you'll rarely see a play like that where battier isn't leaning into the contact...

rockwood...i like living too much to play there
I didnt admit it was clean, and I see youre still not admitting Wade didnt grab Ibaka on his way down. I will agree both calls could have gone either way, and OKC has had both of those go their way, though youve said Miami gets ALL the calls. I mean, we can agree a 6th foul on Durant there wouldve effectively ended that game on the spot.

And btw to your earlier point, I'll give you that Westbrook goes to the rim alot, but what about the others? Durant and Harden are primarily shooters...Ibaka, Sepholosha, Perkins, and Collison are very limited offensive players whio defenately dont get to the rim. The foul shots are proportional to the types of offensive games these teams play IMO.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I didnt admit it was clean, and I see youre still not admitting Wade didnt grab Ibaka on his way down. I will agree both calls could have gone either way, and OKC has had both of those go their way, though youve said Miami gets ALL the calls. I mean, we can agree a 6th foul on Durant there wouldve effectively ended that game on the spot.

And btw to your earlier point, I'll give you that Westbrook goes to the rim alot, but what about the others? Durant and Harden are primarily shooters...Ibaka, Sepholosha, Perkins, and Collison are very limited offensive players whio defenately dont get to the rim. The foul shots are proportional to the types of offensive games these teams play IMO.

i'm gonna take a look but i swear i remember thinking and there's wade trying to grab hold of ibaka to get a call...hardin goes to the rim a plenty...heck he's most effective off the dribble drive...but the fouls that i've had issues with have had nothing to do with guys going to the cup...although westbrook shooting 3 fts in game 4 as much contact as he took on his way to the rim left me wondering how that happens...

fishfanmiami
06-21-2012, 11:14 AM
After I listened to the coach and player interviews yesterday i was going to made a post about this (thanks JCane)

Forget the " who fouled who" stuff. I listened to Philbin and Bush saying that this was uniting the community and the Dolphins wanted to do the same thing. Some on here always complain about Miami fans especiallly when they visit and see lots of Jets or Pats fans at our games.

Have you seen the fan support for a winning team ? How many blue shirts do you see at a heat game ? Maybe a hand full. The place is packed with loyal Miami fans. This is what the Fins should strive for. Championship or bust.

Go HEAT ... Make the city proud.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
i'm gonna take a look but i swear i remember thinking and there's wade trying to grab hold of ibaka to get a call...hardin goes to the rim a plenty...heck he's most effective off the dribble drive...but the fouls that i've had issues with have had nothing to do with guys going to the cup...although westbrook shooting 3 fts in game 4 as much contact as he took on his way to the rim left me wondering how that happens...
Harden-not in this series, its been jumper after jumper, he's seemed to have lost all confidence in his game, and hasnt been the least bit aggressive or effective save for game 2.

Westbrook-yeah I'll give you that, I wasnt paying as much attention to possible foul calls bc I was frustrated as is with the way he was blowing by Wade, but I also dont remember Breen or Van Gundy barking about a lack of calls on Westy's part.

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, nothing in the rules speaks to this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

At best it could have gone either way, and my point is, if the refs wanted to give Miami and LeBron like its been suggested, wouldn't a charge have been called on that play, knocking Durant out of the game?

very seldom do superstars get their 6th foul in the playoffs. Just the way it works. The fans want the superstars in the game at the end. Battier should havve known he wasn't going to get Durrant out of the game with that lame slide. He should have just kept his position and held his hands up. The way Durrant was moving away from the basket to avoid contact he probably misses the shot anyway.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 11:37 AM
very seldom do superstars get their 6th foul in the playoffs. Just the way it works. The fans want the superstars in the game at the end. Battier should havve known he wasn't going to get Durrant out of the game with that lame slide. He should have just kept his position and held his hands up. The way Durrant was moving away from the basket to avoid contact he probably misses the shot anyway.

that and 2 of the fouls durant got that day were so damn bad the officials probably didn't want to be the one to take him out of the game...he had already missed like 2 quarters due to such poor calls...the face up after the catch offensive foul call against wade and the shot contest of wade under the basket to pick up his 4th...just awful

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
:lol: This is going on in the main forum as well I see. Funny that the biggest Heat hater on these boards would complain about the Heat getting preferential treatment from the refs when the Celtics are known to have 2 or 3 of the dirtiest players in the league. KG throws elbows around all game like it's nothing and doesn't get called for nearly half of them! Rondo is just a straight up punk. Even Pierce has been known to be unprofessional at times.

Hoops, you're complaining about the Heat receiving treatment from the refs, go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs especially during their title run. Granted, they were the best team at that time and were pretty much more aggressive than any other team out there so the whistles would naturally go in their favor. If you can't see that now with the Heat, then you may need to have your eyes checked. The Heat are clearly the better, more aggressive, and HUNGRIEST team this season so far and are playing like that.

So again, cry foul and paper champs all you want, but at the end of the day...if the Heat do pull this off, they will have earned it no matter what you or any of the other haters say. I've given you several reason (not related to officiating) why the Heat are better than the Thunder so far, but for the most part you seem to dismiss them. If something so objective as foul calls, strike zones, interference calls, or penalty shots WERE to determine sports championships, then you could throw out 95+ percent of ALL championships ever won!

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 11:54 AM
that and 2 of the fouls durant got that day were so damn bad the officials probably didn't want to be the one to take him out of the game...he had already missed like 2 quarters due to such poor calls...the face up after the catch offensive foul call against wade and the shot contest of wade under the basket to pick up his 4th...just awful

Not disputing the earlier bad calls. The officials will remove a Superstar from the game during the 2nd quarter to help control the outcome. But not in the 4th. It's too obvious to the fans then.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Not disputing the earlier bad calls. The officials will remove a Superstar from the game during the 2nd quarter to help control the outcome. But not in the 4th. It's too obvious to the fans then.

you sir are spot on...thats exactly whats been happening...exactly

durant did earn his 5th foul call on the break against james he was nowhere near in position or set on the block call...

Fins1971
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
:lol: go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs

If you really want to talk about favoritism for the Celtics go back to the days when Dr J was trying to break thru for his 1st NBA title. There were some god awful calls that went against the 76ers.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:03 PM
:lol: This is going on in the main forum as well I see. Funny that the biggest Heat hater on these boards would complain about the Heat getting preferential treatment from the refs when the Celtics are known to have 2 or 3 of the dirtiest players in the league. KG throws elbows around all game like it's nothing and doesn't get called for nearly half of them! Rondo is just a straight up punk. Even Pierce has been known to be unprofessional at times.

Hoops, you're complaining about the Heat receiving treatment from the refs, go back to the days that the Boston Big 3 were formed and you'd find a BUNCH of favoritism by the refs especially during their title run. Granted, they were the best team at that time and were pretty much more aggressive than any other team out there so the whistles would naturally go in their favor. If you can't see that now with the Heat, then you may need to have your eyes checked. The Heat are clearly the better, more aggressive, and HUNGRIEST team this season so far and are playing like that.

So again, cry foul and paper champs all you want, but at the end of the day...if the Heat do pull this off, they will have earned it no matter what you or any of the other haters say. I've given you several reason (not related to officiating) why the Heat are better than the Thunder so far, but for the most part you seem to dismiss them. If something so objective as foul calls, strike zones, interference calls, or penalty shots WERE to determine sports championships, then you could throw out 95+ percent of ALL championships ever won!

its hard for me to talk hoops with you when you say stuff like the c's got preferential treatment on their championship run a few years ago...the celtics were absolutely the best team in the league that year the d was sick they blew the doors off people on the way to that ring...and the lakers they took them to the woodshed in that finals...

now the finals after that lakers celtics the lakers outshot the c's from the line like 3 to 1 in that series...and perk got hurt...otherwise c's win that one also...once perk got hurt game 6 in the final game 7 the c's had they been able to keep the lakers off the offensive boards which perk would have been able to do they would have hung another one in the rafters in boston

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
its hard for me to talk hoops with you when you say stuff like the c's got preferential treatment on their championship run a few years ago...the celtics were absolutely the best team in the league that year the d was sick they blew the doors off people on the way to that ring...and the lakers they took them to the woodshed in that finals...

now the finals after that lakers celtics the lakers outshot the c's from the line like 3 to 1 in that series...and perk got hurt...otherwise c's win that one also...once perk got hurt game 6 in the final game 7 the c's had they been able to keep the lakers off the offensive boards which perk would have been able to do they would have hung another one in the rafters in boston
Oh you're a Celtics fan...NOW its all making perfect sense lol.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM

the same thing happened to pierce in the ecf...although some are gonna say i'm just sayin that cause i'm a celtics fan...but the officials took pierce out of the equation a lot also

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM

yeah i'm a celtics fan...i don't know why that really matters though...i don't hate the heat hell lebrons the best player in the planet...i love watching him get others involved and the way he can just take over...but i like a fair shake and the thunder have plenty of ammo to make that the case...we just aren't getting it...for reasons i've already discussed at length in the other sports forum and here...

i also don't like world cup soccer worthy acting jobs...and the heat are chalk full of guys who do that stuff...so it gets under my skin...

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM

perfect sense indeed.

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
GO HEAT!!!!!!! SCREW YOU HOOPS!!!! :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

perfect sense indeed.

I somehow didnt hear any Celtic fans scream ref and rigged after their series with Philly and game 6 against ATL

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
GO HEAT!!!!!!! SCREW YOU HOOPS!!!! :chuckle:

ha ha...where you been??? good to hear from you...ok maybe not :)

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
ha ha...where you been??? good to hear from you...ok maybe not :)

Was in Eurpoe for 3 weeks and pretty much focusing on NBA and the heat. Was a bit slow on the phins front post draft so i havent been around too much. After the heat end it tonight im sure youll be seeing more of my really bad posts

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
yeah i'm a celtics fan...i don't know why that really matters though...i don't hate the heat hell lebrons the best player in the planet...i love watching him get others involved and the way he can just take over...but i like a fair shake and the thunder have plenty of ammo to make that the case...we just aren't getting it...for reasons i've already discussed at length in the other sports forum and here...
It matters because you're bitter. I dont see the media barking about bad calls or officiating determining this series. Heck, even Barkley and JB have backed off this team. Believe it or not, the Heat are winning this series because they have excecuted down the stretch and OKC has not. Better defensively, and dont rely on iso ball nearly as much as the thunder do, and theyve been better on the boards despite giving up size. Miami's just better right now.

And c'mon with the Boston-crushed-everything-in-its-path in 2008 talk, didnt they play in some elimination games? And while game 6 vs LA was a laugher(which I LOVED), the rest of the series I recall being fairly tight.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Was in Eurpoe for 3 weeks and pretty much focusing on NBA and the heat. Was a bit slow on the phins front post draft so i havent been around too much. After the heat end it tonight im sure youll be seeing more of my really bad posts

i wouldn't have it any other way...

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Funny. For a team that doesn't even have 1 superstar, and they took the Celtics to 7 games, that's a step on the right direction for the Sixers.

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Its crazy how many calls and no calls the Heat get. Seriously I thought NFL refs were bad. Did you see that no call on Durant in the final minutes of Game 4? "King James" :rolleyes2: was holding Durants arms.. How about when a dribbling Wade pushed Fisher James with his elbow and the ref called a foul on Fisher, not to mention all the horrible calls that kept going against Harden... Its all laughable.

paper champions...

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Eh, thats not really an accomplishment. The Celtics (of which I am becoming a fan of) are old and slow. Noone can run downcourt with Rondo. Celtics need Waiters!
Funny. For a team that doesn't even have 1 superstar, and they took the Celtics to 7 games, that's a step on the right direction for the Sixers.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
It matters because you're bitter. I dont see the media barking about bad calls or officiating determining this series. Believe it or not, the Heat are winning this series because they have excecuted down the stretch and OKC has not. Better defensively, and dont rely on iso ball nearly as much as the thunder do, and theyve been better on the boards despite giving up size. Miami's just better right now.

And c'mon with the Boston-crushed-everything-in-its-path in 2008 talk, didnt they play in some elimination games? And while game 6 vs LA was a laugher(which I LOVED), the rest of the series I recall being fairly tight.

i'm not bitter...did i think the c's got hozed with some of the calls against the heat and the missed stuff yeah i did do i think i'm seeing the same stuff this finals yeah i do...if thats bitter than call it what you want...i just think its poor officiating...so poor its hard not to think somethings up...

as for the run for the c's yeah crushed was a strong word...too strong...they played in a 7 gamer with the hawks i think it was and got it done and after that they played better and better ball the rest of the way...was the lakers series competitive sure but the c's carried the play...the win in la was huge and thats when imo kobe quit...

i would say the heats execution down the stretch has been better and its also been aided...but its not always what happens down the stretch that a game is decided on...durant being out for large chunks of games with bs foul trouble seriously impacts games as it would if lebron was the one having to sit...difference is if bron sat these games would be blow outs...

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
It matters because you're bitter. I dont see the media barking about bad calls or officiating determining this series. Heck, even Barkley and JB have backed off this team. Believe it or not, the Heat are winning this series because they have excecuted down the stretch and OKC has not. Better defensively, and dont rely on iso ball nearly as much as the thunder do, and theyve been better on the boards despite giving up size. Miami's just better right now.

Thats not really an arguement, considering all the bashing the media gets on here, and now you are siding with them.. The media is the last place you should go for confirmation.

JCane
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Thats not really an arguement, considering all the bashing the media gets on here, and now you are siding with them.. The media is the last place you should go for confirmation.

That's not really true.

The media is usually pretty fair.

It's the goobers on here that think the media hates Miami and all of that nonsense.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Its crazy how many calls and no calls the Heat get. Seriously I thought NFL refs were bad. Did you see that no call on Durant in the final minutes of Game 4? "King James" :rolleyes2: was holding Durants arms.. How about when a dribbling Wade pushed Fisher James with his elbow and the ref called a foul on Fisher, not to mention all the horrible calls that kept going against Harden... Its all laughable.

oh yeah i've seen it...over and over

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
James Walker? Mike Florio, etc... are fair?
That's not really true.

The media is usually pretty fair.

It's the goobers on here that think the media hates Miami and all of that nonsense.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 12:40 PM
My point is, the media was first on the Lebron/Heat hate bandwagon and they rode on that bandwagon pretty effing hard. If they dont see one sided officiating, then who does? Thus far in this thread I've counted 2 Boston fans, both with a pretty clear agenda.

And dont act like the media hating a superstar for leaving his hometown for a better situation is on the same level with them disrespecting a team thats been sub .500 for the past 3 years and hasnt won a playoff game in forever.

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Why would I, not really a basketball fan. Don't really care one way or another who wins. Good for the Heat. I remember watching the Bulls and rooting for Michael Jordan when I was young. No interest really now.

Sad for the Sixers I guess. Yes, if I had to root for a NBA team it would be the 76ers because they are my local team. Offer me tickets to a 76ers NBA Finals game or a Dolphins preseason game, and I will take the Dolphins tickets every time.
Really? So, instead of being able to go to the NBA Finals game, where your favorite team is playing, you would rather go to a meaningless preseason game of the Dolphins? That stuns me. I'm a big NBA fan, but I would have thought even a casual fan would like to go to the NBA Finals.

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Im never typically one to blame the refs (when Miami loses I never blame the refs) but this series has been ridiculous with the poor reffing. Bad calls over and over and over again. OKC has kept each game very tight. If it werent for horrendous reffing, they win more than 1 game.
oh yeah i've seen it...over and over

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Im never typically one to blame the refs (when Miami loses I never blame the refs) but this series has been ridiculous with the poor reffing. Bad calls over and over and over again. OKC has kept each game very tight. If it werent for horrendous reffing, they win more than 1 game.

if not for the horrendous reffing this things going 7 games...but alas i supposedly have an agenda...i've heard that on here so many times before...just cause i don't agree with the masses or paint rainbows and lollipops off what my eyes tell me

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Ill be very honest.. I didnt follow one lick of basketball until this tournament, and I didnt follow Boston really until this year (but have been following closer) so I have no CLEAR, agenda. The reason why I am "hating" on the heat has NOTHING to do with James, Bosh, Wade or whoever, because they are good.. The reason is because I cant remember the last time I saw refs blatantly give games to one team. That **** isnt fair at all. If you can sit there and tell me that I am blinded, and the refs have been doing a great job, then we need to end this conversation right now because neither one of us will convince the other who is right or wrong. I mean s**t, ive given clear proof of bad calls and no calls. in previous posts.

My point is, the media was first on the Lebron/Heat hate bandwagon and they rode on that bandwagon pretty effing hard. If they dont see one sided officiating, then who does? Thus far in this thread I've counted 2 Boston fans, both with a pretty clear agenda.

And dont act like the media hating a superstar for leaving his hometown for a better situation is on the same level with them disrespecting a team thats been sub .500 for the past 3 years and hasnt won a playoff game in forever.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Ill be very honest.. I didnt follow one lick of basketball until this tournament, and I didnt follow Boston really until this year (but have been following closer) so I have no CLEAR, agenda. The reason why I am "hating" on the heat has NOTHING to do with James, Bosh, Wade or whoever, because they are good.. The reason is because I cant remember the last time I saw refs blatantly give games to one team. That **** isnt fair at all. If you can sit there and tell me that I am blinded, and the refs have been doing a great job, then we need to end this conversation right now because neither one of us will convince the other who is right or wrong.
And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Eh, thats not really an accomplishment. The Celtics (of which I am becoming a fan of) are old and slow. Noone can run downcourt with Rondo. Celtics need Waiters!
For the Sixers it actually is. They have no true superstar and very little inside scoring, so it wasn't all that bad.

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
And Heat fans have pointed out instances where OKC got the better end of the calls and that just gets dismissed. I see how it is though. IF miami wins, it'll be because the refs gave Lebron the title. Meanwhile, everyone celebrates Jordan and the Bulls as the bestest team EVAR!!!11!, and forget that individual and that team got EVERY SINGLE WHISTLE EVER. Heck, Jordan won a title on a push off.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Im not discounting the Heat get bad calls too, but its not even a close comparison. More like 3 or 4 to 1
lol

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Really? So, instead of being able to go to the NBA Finals game, where your favorite team is playing, you would rather go to a meaningless preseason game of the Dolphins? That stuns me. I'm a big NBA fan, but I would have thought even a casual fan would like to go to the NBA Finals.

The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.

datruth55
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
3 or 4 to 1? Exaggerate much?

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

In 4 games the Thunder have committed 83 fouls...the Heat have committed 77...6 fouls difference.

i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM

And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM

jordan got bailed out by the refs all the time also...the damn jordan rules...i remember...but that doesn't make it right...

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
And it shouldnt be that close. OKC is a jump shooting team whereas the heat are far more aggressive. But dont let the facts get in the way with some good old fashion heat bashing. Like i said........to most C's fans, the celtics have never ever ever lost a game legitimately. Have you ever listened to Tommy Heinsohn or the late Johnny Most. They are the two most biased announcers ever in the history of all of sports and the boston fanbase feeds off of it. Again, i didnt hear celtics fans cry ref or rigged after their philly series or game 6 against atlanta

+1. This is the point Ive been trying to make and its just gets dismissed. So painfully obvious.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:15 PM

heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
i knew someone would go there...a stats guy like truth makes sense...but its not about the # of foul calls...its the timing of the calls or missed calls the calls period when it comes to durants case...

truth i know you to be a stand up guy...has this nba finals been called fairly??? have the thunder gotten a fair shake???

The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten

fishfanmiami
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
The Dolphins are my favorite team, so yes I would pass up the NBA Finals tickets to get Dolphins preseason tickets. Those preaseasn games are more meaningful to me than any basketball game. Keep in mind I am not saying I am buying preseason tickets, just that if they were given to me. I have never been to a NFL preseason game. Doesn't mean I would never go to a NBA game, because I would be lying if I said I never did. In fact I have been to one game and it was a 76ers game. It was probably 15 or so years ago and I can't even tell you who they were playing. If someone gave me tickets to a NBA final game, I might go just to go. But given the option instead to go to something related to the Dolphins(even if it was a training camp practice) I would choose the Dolphins.

My friend you are always complaining about Miami fan support. How many OKC shirts do you see at the arena ? Even Boston only had a small group there for that series. THIS is how we celebrate championship caliber play and should be what the Fins strive for. We are fickled down here with many options for our entertainment dollars ..... Put a good produce on the field and they will come. Both the Fins and Canes had home attendence sellout records back in the day. Build it and they will come.

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
heinsohns rediculous...and senile i think...i don't get the philly series talk...boston was the better team...that series was only close cause of the young legs of the 6ers...and even then i don't think the celtics ever really felt threatened...if they had i don't think doc would have played the 2nd string as a unit so much...

i don't think atlanta has any gripe over the boston series either...not sure where you come from there...at the end of games atl choked...smith took horrid shots...they lost...

Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
The thing is alot of people are going to see what they wanna see. Every close call that goes against their team they remember but will always dismiss the close play that goes for them. So if your heat hater who so desperately wants the heat to lose, which includes much of the media, watches a game and the heat have 10 close calls go for them and team b has 9 close calls go for them, to them they would see 15 calls go for the heat and none for team b. The nba is the toughest game to ref and with hundreds of calls per game, the refs will always miss some. The thing is that a fan will only remember the bad calls that hurt them and seldom the ones that help them.

Kevin Garnett has never not set a moving screen. You think boston fans are complaining about the refs from game one against the knicks last year? That was a ridiculous non-call that gave the celtics a win. But thats all forgotten

oh please...the whole league sets moving screens...chris bosh does it and rolls to the rim all the time...i didn't complain one time on the i think it was 6ers series moving screen call against garnett down 3 late...i think its something thats not usually called at that juncture but he leaned and stuck out a chicken wing

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 01:32 PM

Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Lets also not forget Lebron got knocked out in that game 4 OT thriller at Boston on some highly questionable calls. He stays in the game, miami wins to go up 3-1. Series over. Heat fans arent b*tching because we're still alive. Again, axes being grinded to shavings in this thread, nothing to see.

and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special

Phinatic8u
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop special

Paul Pierce gets fouled out because he HAS to guard LeBron.

And he whines like a bitch, I'd kick his ass off the court too.

PhinsPhan11
Boston is the better team but many philly fans think that boston got all the calls and hawks fans think they were robbed in game six. My point is that when you have a horse in the race it is very very difficult to look at games objectively. Especially in a game like basketball that will have questionable calls each and every game just due to the nature of it. Even in football i have seen many threads complaing about bad calls that the phins got in a particular game. Im still waiting for that thread that says "whew, thank god the refs helped us win that game. the other team got hosed"
I'm a big time Sixers fan, and I didn't have too much of a problem with the officiating in that series. The Sixers gave it a good effort, but the better team ended up winning.

SuperMarksBros.
LMFAO I knew you'd bring up Pierce. The refs did you a favor. Piece had a horrific series, Lebron simply destroyed him on both sides of the floor. Lol at comparing the 2 ejections. Rondo and KG carried that team to 7 games.

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2012, 01:45 PM

That's my big thing with Pierce, not to mention that he is a Celtic lol. It seems that whenever he goes to the basket and misses the shot or doesn't get a foul called, he turns right to the official.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:46 PM

you just pointed out by the way the one time heat fans could have had a gripe with the officiating in the last 2 rounds...the one game...ha ha...other than that its been every 50/50 call hell they're even calling fouls on thunder guys who make no contact...nothing but love from the officials...

OyeDale305
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
and i guess paul pierce didn't...lebron has only been in foul trouble even one time this postseason and that was game 4...should he have fouled out on that play...no they should have played thru it...the same for pierces 6th foul on a battier flop specialPlease dont talk about flopping... pierce is a beast at doing that. Want to talk about officiating talk to spurs fans how they were getting screwed against the thunder... this thread is going on longer because of you're talking about the officiating because you know the heat gets all the calls yup only the heat. Hope the heat wins so everyone can stop talking crap about lebron he deserves a ring.

SuperMarksBros.
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
you just pointed out by the way the one time heat fans could have had a gripe with the officiating in the last 2 rounds...the one game...ha ha...other than that its been every 50/50 call hell they're even calling fouls on thunder guys who make no contact...nothing but love from the officials...
Fans only gripe when their teams lose. Im only pointing it out because you bitter Boston fans are suggesting the refs have some agenda to make sure Lebron gets a ring, otherwise ive forgotten about those egregious calls, the foul out, and the win that wouldve ended that series. You were gifted that game and still couldnt capitalize.

Possibly starting at midnight tonight, haters have all offseason to piss and moan about "biased calls". LINE EM UP HATERS!

datruth55
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Fair shake...I don't know. The whole NBA has credibility issues for me. It started back when Jordan was towards the end of his career and he would foul the crap out of people and not get a call and if you touched him on a drive he'd be shooting at the free throw line. Has this Finals been called fair...the last game there were two fouls on Durant that were switched to players near Durant but then there were ticky-tack fouls called on Durant that shouldn't have been. There have been drives by Wade where he gets fouled and there's no call and there have been defensive plays by Wade where he clearly fouls and there is not call. I think the refs have been awful for both teams...maybe a bit more for the Thunder than the Heat.

I do know (and you should too since you watch ACC BBall) that Battier flops like he's back at Duke and that crap ticks me off to no end...and I'm a huge Heat fan. At the same time Perkins has been fouling like crazy and not getting called for half of them...and some of them could be considered flagrant cause he doesn't always go for the ball and he looks like he's trying to injure people. The Thunder as a whole though don't play good defense, they don't move their feet and the reach a lot. Hardin for all his offense is the laziest defender they have. If not for Sefolosha and Ibaka I'd have no respect for them as a defensive team. Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes...it would seem the fouls are slightly in the Heats favor and the timing of them can be seen as questionable. Although in game 4 the Thunder were in the bonus with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter while the Heat didn't get in the bonus until 2 or 3 minutes left in the quarter. Ref'ing in the NBA as a whole sucks though, moving picks, walks, rim violations, carrying...non of that stuff gets called as frequently as it should.

Nublar7
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
My friend you are always complaining about Miami fan support. How many OKC shirts do you see at the arena ?
I don't know how many because I haven't been watching. Don't intend to start either.

Even Boston only had a small group there for that series. THIS is how we celebrate championship caliber play and should be what the Fins strive for. We are fickled down here with many options for our entertainment dollars ..... Put a good produce on the field and they will come. Both the Fins and Canes had home attendence sellout records back in the day. Build it and they will come.I only base what I see at Dolphins game. I was at the Patriots MNF opener last year and it felt like I was in Foxboro. I was at the Prime Time Thursday night game the year before against the Bears and I felt like I was in Chicago. The year before was the big game against the Saints and I felt like I was in New Orleans. Heck, even at the 2008 49ers game during our late season run to the division title there were empty seats and tons of San Francisco fans. My first ever home Dolphins game was the 2000 playoff game against the Colts and I was able to buy tickets last minute and even then that game was not a sellout. My eyes don't lie.

I understand that it is easier to sell out an arena that holds 18,000-20,000(or whatever the Heat arena holds) than the 75,000 the Dolphins have but I don't think even a winning product is going to A) Fill the stadium to capacity, B) Consist of 80-90% Dolphins fans. Right now the stadium doesn't fill and I would guesstimate between 35-40% of the fans that do show up are rooting for the other team. A winning product(2000, 2008, etc.) still didn't solve things during those seasons.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:51 PM

i can see where people don't like pierce...but no one whines like d wade...no one flops on every shot like d wade...no one...no one looks to be bailed out like d wade

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Fair shake...I don't know. The whole NBA has credibility issues for me. It started back when Jordan was towards the end of his career and he would foul the crap out of people and not get a call and if you touched him on a drive he'd be shooting at the free throw line. Has this Finals been called fair...the last game there were two fouls on Durant that were switched to players near Durant but then there were ticky-tack fouls called on Durant that shouldn't have been. There have been drives by Wade where he gets fouled and there's no call and there have been defensive plays by Wade where he clearly fouls and there is not call. I think the refs have been awful for both teams...maybe a bit more for the Thunder than the Heat.

I do know (and you should too since you watch ACC BBall) that Battier flops like he's back at Duke and that crap ticks me off to no end...and I'm a huge Heat fan. At the same time Perkins has been fouling like crazy and not getting called for half of them...and some of them could be considered flagrant cause he doesn't always go for the ball and he looks like he's trying to injure people. The Thunder as a whole though don't play good defense, they don't move their feet and the reach a lot. Hardin for all his offense is the laziest defender they have. If not for Sefolosha and Ibaka I'd have no respect for them as a defensive team. Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes...it would seem the fouls are slightly in the Heats favor and the timing of them can be seen as questionable. Although in game 4 the Thunder were in the bonus with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter while the Heat didn't get in the bonus until 2 or 3 minutes left in the quarter. Ref'ing in the NBA as a whole sucks though, moving picks, walks, rim violations, carrying...non of that stuff gets called as frequently as it should.

see i can respect that...how bout wade diving and flopping all over...but what about games 2 and 3 where the officials took durant off the floor on garbage...if that was bron this place would blow up and those games would be blow outs...agreed on the nba officiating sucks...no doubt...

as for flagrants don't get me started...hard playoff fouls mean flagrants...it's rediculous...battier cheap shots as much as perk

OyeDale305
06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
i can see where people don't like pierce...but no one whines like d wade...no one flops on every shot like d wade...no one...no one looks to be bailed out like d wadeLol so kobe doesn't do the same?? every time he shoots the balls he looks at the refs for a foul not only D-wade, i do agree with you about his whining that pisses me off he should just play ball.

Phinatic8u
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
i can see where people don't like pierce...but no one whines like d wade...no one flops on every shot like d wade...no one...no one looks to be bailed out like d wade

I agree with that. But you can't deny Wade's skill though hoops.

That pump fake is a thing of beauty.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Lol so kobe doesn't do the same?? every time he shoots the balls he looks at the refs for a foul not only D-wade, i do agree with you about his whining that pisses me off he should just play ball.

sure kobe does...but he actually makes a lot of his...kobe doesn't hit the deck like someone shot him though...

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM

and thats the thing that drives me crazy about wade when he refuses to get back on D, instead hes going at the ref. Listen i love Wade but the dude has changed since he came into the league. When he first came to Miami, he was a father, married to his school sweetheart who never partied or went out. He was extremely humble and very unassuming. He was extrememly grateful to be where he was at. But money and fame change people. He now is always on the town, having sex parties and banging hot chicks. Not saying its bad but he has changed. So when i see people talk about how humble and polite durant and even rose are I always chuckle because wade used to be that guy too and durant and rose might change too.

OyeDale305
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
and thats the thing that drives me crazy about wade when he refuses to get back on D, instead hes going at the ref. Listen i love Wade but the dude has changed since he came into the league. When he first came to Miami, he was a father, married to his school sweetheart who never partied or went out. He was extremely humble and very unassuming. He was extrememly grateful to be where he was at. But money and fame change people. He now is always on the town, having sex parties and banging hot chicks. Not saying its bad but he has changed. So when i see people talk about how humble and polite durant and even rose are I always chuckle because wade used to be that guy too and durant and rose might change too.true that -___-

datruth55
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
see i can respect that...how bout wade diving and flopping all over...but what about games 2 and 3 where the officials took durant off the floor on garbage...if that was bron this place would blow up and those games would be blow outs...agreed on the nba officiating sucks...no doubt...

as for flagrants don't get me started...hard playoff fouls mean flagrants...it's rediculous...battier cheap shots as much as perk
Agree on Battier and he's been holding like crazy too. Wade...I think that's more his style when he drives to the basket, he just throws his body around a lot but he does look to the refs and complain more than he should for sure. Game 2 was one of the worst officiated games in the series and if you just looked at that game it clearly looked as if the Refs were for the Heat it seemed that obvious. Game 3, it wasn't that Durant didn't foul it was that they called some weak stuff on him...what I call touch fouls...calls that should not have been made.

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
OK, and where are your stats for the no-calls, because I took that into consideration from what I have been seeing on the court. Skew the numbers much???

Being Ive just began becoming interested in NBA Although overall I still think its a b***h of a league of which cant hold college bball's jock strap, it would have been nice to see a fair series

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
OK, and where are your stats for the no-calls, because I took that into consideration from what I have been seeing on the court. Skew the numbers much???

So what you're saying is that the refs are calling the amount of fouls almost equally but are really screwing OKC in the non-calls. They decided to make it pretty much equal in the calls they were gonna make but are really one-sided in the non calls? Wow. Talking about an arbitrary, irrational, agenda driven way to look at things

datruth55
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM

Being Ive just began becoming interested in NBA Although overall I still think its a b***h of a league of which cant hold college bball's jock strap, it would have been nice to see a fair series
No calls? Really? How do you quantify no calls? And are you counting the no calls for both teams? I don't see how no calls makes it a 3-to-1 or 4-to-1 ratio if they never happened.

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Haters gonna hate, simple as that. Another excuse, another day. If you don't like the officiating, don't watch I say. Again, the Heat are clearly the more aggressive, hungrier team...THAT's why they're getting the calls in crunch time. Meanwhile the Thunder, for the most part, are consistently settling for jumpers down the stretch or when they have a chance to put the Heat away.

Anyone care to explain how losing a 17 point lead in less than four minutes, shooting 18 percent from 3 point land, LeBron nearly having as many assists as the whole Thunder team, Chalmers going off for 25, or Westbrook's last second bonehead play in Game 4 is the refs fault? Thank you!

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 02:38 PM
I agree with that. But you can't deny Wade's skill though hoops.

That pump fake is a thing of beauty.

pump fake is nice...but the diving into the crowd and shot dead antics...garbage

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Agree on Battier and he's been holding like crazy too. Wade...I think that's more his style when he drives to the basket, he just throws his body around a lot but he does look to the refs and complain more than he should for sure. Game 2 was one of the worst officiated games in the series and if you just looked at that game it clearly looked as if the Refs were for the Heat it seemed that obvious. Game 3, it wasn't that Durant didn't foul it was that they called some weak stuff on him...what I call touch fouls...calls that should not have been made.

the kind of ticky tack stuff you shouldn't call in a finals...offensive foul on the face up after the catch...contesting wade under the basket...2 horrendous momentum and game changing foul calls...

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 02:56 PM
No calls? Really? How do you quantify no calls? And are you counting the no calls for both teams? I don't see how no calls makes it a 3-to-1 or 4-to-1 ratio if they never happened.

Its ridiculous and nonsensical. Whats hes pretty much saying is that in total, miami has committed 3 times the amount of fouls that OKC has. Since the calls have been pretty much equal, in order to support his position, Miami has to of fouled OKC 3 times as much and that they werent called. Miami, who is an elite defense team, who attacks the rim constantly has 3 times as many fouls as a jumpshooting team who plays medicore defense and constantly reaches in on plays. Makes perfect sense to me :crazy:

dolpns13
06-21-2012, 03:23 PM
So what you're saying is that the refs are calling the amount of fouls almost equally but are really screwing OKC in the non-calls. They decided to make it pretty much equal in the calls they were gonna make but are really one-sided in the non calls? Wow. Talking about an arbitrary, irrational, agenda driven way to look at things

No, thats not what Im saying.. With that your bottom rant doesnt apply

MarshallFin1
06-21-2012, 03:46 PM
the kind of ticky tack stuff you shouldn't call in a finals...offensive foul on the face up after the catch...contesting wade under the basket...2 horrendous momentum and game changing foul calls...

holy smokes, your still on here whining?? were up to 14 pages now and your still whining about refs? lmao

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
holy smokes, your still on here whining?? were up to 14 pages now and your still whining about refs? lmao

i guess you could say i'm "pulling a d wade"

JCane
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Did not see this thread going in this direction.

Scout's honor.

Vaark
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
i guess you could say i'm "pulling a d wade"

well at least you're not egregiously wielding your elbows like the league's most entitled and a March SI Poll's 2nd dirtiest player in the league :idk:

LordPicklewagon
06-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Did not see this thread going in this direction.

Scout's honor.

Really? The heat are the most polarizing team in recent memory. There is no middle ground with how people view this team.

JCane
06-21-2012, 06:48 PM
well at least you're not egregiously wielding your elbows like the league's most entitled and a March SI Poll's 2nd dirtiest player in the league :idk:

Have I ever told the story about how I scored five points against Kevin Garnett?

Eell, he was on the bench but at the time but it's still my crowning moment in my high school sports career lol.

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Have I ever told the story about how I scored five points against Kevin Garnett?

Eell, he was on the bench but at the time but it's still my crowning moment in my high school sports career lol.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

JCane
06-21-2012, 08:10 PM

Dead serious. I was a Freshman backup PG playing varsity basketball in South Carolina. Garnett played at Mauldin High before transferring to that prep school in Chicago.

I played about three minutes at the end of that game with Garnett on the bench and Mauldin stomping our dickholes in. I hit a three right off the bench and then was fouled on a layup attempt.

Garnett is still to this day the most impressive thing I've ever see in my life lol. We won the tip-off and our starting PG raced down the court for a layup and Garnett came from nowhere and planted that basketball about 14 rows up. Guy was unreal. Never seen anything like it. Jaws were on the floor the entire game.

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Dead serious. I was a Freshman backup PG playing varsity basketball in South Carolina. Garnett played at Mauldin High before transferring to that prep school in Chicago.

I played about three minutes at the end of that game with Garnett on the bench and Mauldin stomping our dickholes in. I hit a three right off the bench and then was fouled on a layup attempt.

Garnett is still to this day the most impressive thing I've ever see in my life lol. We won the tip-off and our starting PG raced down the court for a layup and Garnett came from nowhere and planted that basketball about 14 rows up. Guy was unreal. Never seen anything like it. Jaws were on the floor the entire game.
What high school did you go to?

JCane
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I went to Boiling Springs High.

Its about half an hour from Greenville where I live now and 40 minutes from Mauldin.

datruth55
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't want to hear jack about how the Heat are getting all the calls in this game cause it has been overwhelmingly in favor of the Thunder.

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
your not gonna beat the heat when the roll players shoot from 3 the way they have today...you can't limit lebron and double him or force the ball out of his hands and have guys shoot the way the heat have tonight...

mike miller playing a serious game of possum...can hardly stand up on d but when its o he looks pretty damn healthy with that jump shot form...ha ha...

another garbage flagrant foul call though...not that it mattered in any way...

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't want to hear jack about how the Heat are getting all the calls in this game cause it has been overwhelmingly in favor of the Thunder.

Amen...and the Thunder are STILL getting killed!

Can you feel it Heatnation!?! :fh: :fh: :fh:

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM

you might have scored but i seriously doubt it was in kg's eye...kg in his prime would wipe the floor with any of these bigs pretty much...you wanna talk about a player...superior foot work great lift in his prime run the floor like a gazelle

FILTHY

JCane
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
you might have scored but i seriously doubt it was in kg's eye...kg in his prime would wipe the floor with any of these bigs pretty much...you wanna talk about a player...superior foot work great lift in his prime run the floor like a gazelle

FILTHY

Like I said, he was on the bench at the time.

Meanwhile, in Miami...these refs are something awful!

Why are they making all of Miami's shots go in?!

They must have remote controlled basketballs IMO.

CalDolFan10x14
06-21-2012, 11:21 PM

:sidelol: :lol: :lol2:

hooshoops
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM

on the bench...ha ha who ****ing cares then...this game tonight has nothing to do with officiating...the heat have taken the thunder to the woodshed...like i said if the roll players shoot from 3 the way they have all night tonight your not beating the heat...just not happening

i'm happy for lebron getting that stupid monkey off his back and i think chalmers gets a bad rap for some reason he's a solid player...

JCane
06-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Can't believe the refs blew out Oklahoma City like that.

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Can't believe the refs blew out Oklahoma City like that.

tonight proved the officiating was solid in this series. Clearly tonight the calls favored okc, but as i always say, refs dont decide the game, the players performances do. Look at wade, dude get fouled with westbrook on his back holding him and still makes the layup. Gratifying victory, go heat.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:30 AM
tonight didn't prove **** about the officiating in this series...this series isn't over right now had the game been called close to fairly prior to tonight...i'll go to my grave knowing the thunder got jobbed in games in this series...tonight wasn't one of them...tonight the heat destroyed em...hit like 60 percent from the 3 point line...that's just nuts...

now only a month and a half til football training camp...can't get here fast enough...

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
tonight didn't prove **** about the officiating in this series...this series isn't over right now had the game been called close to fairly prior to tonight...i'll go to my grave knowing the thunder got jobbed in games in this series...tonight wasn't one of them...tonight the heat destroyed em...hit like 60 percent from the 3 point line...that's just nuts...

now only a month and a half til football training camp...can't get here fast enough...

this thread is for heat fans only :brewskis:

SuperMarksBros.
06-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Hey hoops, how did that RIDICULOUS 3rd foul on Wade look? diving on the floor in the 1st half when Harden lands on him, and WADE gets called? LMFAO. Too bad the refs were all over the Thunder tonight, or the champions wouldve won by 50...

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
this thread is for heat fans only :brewskis:

too bad its on a dolphins forum and i'm a dolphin fan...so deal with it

JCane
06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/dangilbertletter-1.gif

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
too bad its on a dolphins forum and i'm a dolphin fan...so deal with it

insert a "out of state" dolphins fan in there please. That lets us know something.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Hey hoops, how did that RIDICULOUS 3rd foul on Wade look? diving on the floor in the 1st half when Harden lands on him, and WADE gets called? LMFAO. Too bad the refs were all over the Thunder tonight, or the champions wouldve won by 50...

i figured someone would say something about that...its a loose ball you should play thru that stuff...that said wade did dive like way short of the ball for some reason...looked like given how far away he was from the ball and the fact that he never got anywhere near the ball after he was on the ground that he tried to undercut and take out the legs of the thunder guy...

that said thats not 1/10 as bad as some of the garbage i saw called in this series...about the same level though as the ibaka 3rd foul on a loose ball the o ther night...at least ibaka though was near the ball...still play through that crap

SuperMarksBros.
06-22-2012, 12:42 AM
i figured someone would say something about that...its a loose ball you should play thru that stuff...that said wade did dive like way short of the ball for some reason...looked like given how far away he was from the ball and the fact that he never got anywhere near the ball after he was on the ground that he tried to undercut and take out the legs of the thunder guy...

that said thats not 1/10 as bad as some of the garbage i saw called in this series...about the same level though as the ibaka 3rd foul on a loose ball the o ther night...at least ibaka though was near the ball...still play through that crap

There's no way you actually believe any of that, but carry on LOL. Celtic fans bitter hatred tastes like candy.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
insert a "out of state" dolphins fan in there please. That lets us know something.

now you gotta be in state to be a dolphins fan i guess...get the hell out of here...i could be in asia and still run circles around you when it comes to the dolphins...

CalDolFan10x14
06-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Can you believe the refs hit 14 three pointers?!?! That one ref with the bad back that came off the bench was especially amazing with SEVEN of those shots from downtown!!!!

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 12:49 AM
now you gotta be in state to be a dolphins fan i guess...get the hell out of here...i could be in asia and still run circles around you when it comes to the dolphins...

No, not what i said. All i said is, it lets us know "something".

JCane
06-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Refs played ridiculous defense on Westbrook tonight.

Dude went 4 of 20.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
There's no way you actually believe any of that, but carry on LOL. Celtic fans bitter hatred tastes like candy.

i swear you were alright to talk hoops with and then you found out i'm a celtics fan and now it's all i'm just bitter...and that's just not the case...i call em like i see em...and no ones gonna change my opinion...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

No, not what i said. All i said is, it lets us know "something".

well then enlighten me with what "something" is and stop dicking around...

CalDolFan10x14
06-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Refs played ridiculous defense on Westbrook tonight.

Dude went 4 of 20.

Maybe he just wanted to get it all over with so he can :ricky:

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 12:55 AM
shouldn't you 'in state' fans be out looting and turning over cars right now???

JCane
06-22-2012, 12:58 AM

Grown ups don't act like that.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Grown ups don't act like that anymore.

fixed...:)

JCane
06-22-2012, 01:09 AM
If you guys want to see butthurt, check out Skip Bayless's Twitter.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 01:12 AM
alright i'm off to watch workaholics on the dvr before i hit the sack...congrats heat...paper champions :up: :lol:

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
i swear you were alright to talk hoops with and then you found out i'm a celtics fan and now it's all i'm just bitter...and that's just not the case...i call em like i see em...and no ones gonna change my opinion...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

well then enlighten me with what "something" is and stop dicking around...

Im not here to talk about the dolphins, tonight is all about the world champs miami heat, check back with me in a week.

finomenal
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at how the national media continuously says lebron promised or guarantees multiple championships? He clearly didn't say that if you look at the video. People don't comprehend English well anymore. Just take what you want and make up the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-slCPeh3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JCane
06-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at how the national media continuously says lebron promised or guarantees multiple championships? He clearly didn't say that if you look at the video. People don't comprehend English well anymore. Just take what you want and make up the rest.

Completely agree.

People hear what they want to hear.

Funky Fin
06-22-2012, 04:37 AM
alright i'm off to watch workaholics on the dvr before i hit the sack...congrats heat...

DRINK UP!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/haterade1-1.jpg

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 05:59 AM
Almost shed a tear tonight. All the haters(hoops), all the media critisism, all the doubters analysts, we shut everyone up tonight. We proved all wrong, we did it. I could not be more proud of the miami heat.

JCane
06-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Almost shed a tear tonight. All the haters(hoops), all the media critisism, all the doubters analysts, we shut everyone up tonight. We proved all wrong, we did it. I could not be more proud of the miami heat.

I cried like a mother ****er. Won't lie. I'm a grown ass man and I cried.

**** yeah. I love this Goddamn city and I love this team. I love to see great things happen to this city and the Miami metro area.

My heart will forever be in South Florida. There's nothing like it.

This morning Miami is blessed by the Heat.

PARADE ROLLING DOWN BISCAYNE ONCE AGAIN!

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Now lets hope this motivate the dolphins to pick there game up and atleast get back to contending for christ sakes, i dont think i can take another season of 0-7.

JCane
06-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Now lets hope this motivate the dolphins to pick there game up and atleast get back to contending for christ sakes, i dont think i can take another season of 0-7.

****ing Dolphins.

:bobdole:

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 07:00 AM
So since we get so much hate from cleveland fans, i thought i'd go over to there message boards on realcavsfans.com to see what there saying about us winning it all. some of these quotes are cracking me up, lmao. I will post them below.

this hurts, cant lie...im bummed

i really feel like cleveland will never win, anything

another ****ty super team wins a ship

makes me wonder i even bother watching sports.....

The heat even have cavs fighting with each other which makes it so much sweeter, this is a reply to the fan above from another cavs fan.

Go dig a hole, jump in it and bury yourself. Cleveland has won before and they can win again. It's people with negative attitudes that prevents players not wanting to come to a depressed city.

this guy here could not even stomach to watch us win, lmao.

so happy didnt watch this ****. cant believe how weak okc came out

went fishing instead and landed 32, 36, 36, and 46 inch muskies. feel much better about my day now.

this guy here was a bit pissed, lol.

The NBA is a ****ing joke.

This guy here, was smart and an idiot at the same time. See below why.

The beggining of a dynasty. Can't wait until we have ours.

lmao, our next cleveland fan is a little upset :).

Won't be tuning into espn for the duration...of my life

Another upset cleveland fan.

Bill Russell, the sports greatest winner of all time, handing a trophy to Lebron. There is no justice in this world.

lol at this guy.

I feel like ****. Speachless.

This guy here takes a shot at spoeltra. lol hes madd.

Spoelstra with the backwards/sideways hat and LeBron talking about how **** slapping Cleveland "paid off."

Bunch of jerkoffs.

lol, this guy here gets stuart scott involved.

Larry O'Brifen? Really, Stuart Scott? This is just an onslaught of douchbaggery.

Another upset cleveland fan takin shots at the heat.

I was lied to my entire life, cheaters do win.

Saved the best for last, Yours truly, from skip bayless on twitter ,and this was one here made me sick to my stomach. I cant believe this skip idiot bayless at espn still has a job after this.

Like father like son. First Delonte, and now Lebron is an NBA champion.

I just could not help myself to see what cavs fan where saying, and after reading all that, its the icing on the cake. Heat Haters have been destroyed, and owned lmao! go heat.

Funky Fin
06-22-2012, 07:12 AM
LOL That was a good laugh. Redemption from the haters!

JCane
06-22-2012, 07:13 AM
You know what I'm looking forward to?

LeBatard's morning rant...

:iwantmore: :iwantmore:

Vaark
06-22-2012, 07:56 AM
It's true the rally was a bit over the top, but beyond that I never got the hatred - no difference stacking the team between the Heat and Celtics except this time it was the players who determined their own fate instead of "the man." .. or the highway robbery perpetrated by the Lakers in stealing Pau for Kwame...where the league actually should have stepped in. If anything, I'd think the sentiment should have been rooting for the Heat instead of a carpetbagging team whose real fans in Seattle and Vancouver consistently supported less through "thick" and much more through "thin," before leaving them high and dry.

While for us Heat fans, this is a big "FU" for all the whiny beyotches, like those on RealGM, many of them hypocritically already benefited from like circumstances up in Boston, or who would have loved to have these players on their Chicago or NYK teams (as they were gleefully speculating about the prior 3 months), and also, yet another confirmation that there are few better GMs in any sport than the great Pat Riley, it's equally as much a case of that inevitable boomeranging "Karma" for long-suffering SuperSonics fans and a "STFU" for azzholes like Dan Gilbert.

LordPicklewagon
06-22-2012, 08:17 AM
HAPPY LEBRONAKKAH!!!!!!! I'm working on 4 hours of sleep and couldn't be happier. I turned down sex this morning to watch highlights. Suck it haters. Your 2012 NBA champions Miami Heat

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
HAPPY LEBRONAKKAH!!!!!!! I'm working on 4 hours of sleep and couldn't be happier. I turned down sex this morning to watch highlights. Suck it haters. Your 2012 NBA champions Miami Heat

that's never a good move...

LordPicklewagon
06-22-2012, 09:00 AM
that's never a good move...

LOL and it was with a girl i just met last night too.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
LOL and it was with a girl i just met last night too.

yeah thats looney...i'm sure she's missing that 5 minutes :hump:

LordPicklewagon
06-22-2012, 11:10 AM
yeah thats looney...i'm sure she's missing that 5 minutes :hump:

Why are you assuming she caught me on a good day :brewskis:

datruth55
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
You got Miami fans confused with those from West Virginia, lol.

hooshoops
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Why are you assuming she caught me on a good day :brewskis:

well played...

JCane
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Look.

Paper champs.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/tumblr_m60plh0blJ1qz82gvo1_500-1.jpg

finomenal
06-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Surprisingly, the rant didn't live up to my expectations. He's done much better before.

THIS is more like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YrnAAVdRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MarshallFin1
06-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Surprisingly, the rant didn't live up to my expectations. He's done much better before.

THIS is more like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0YrnAAVdRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lmao at lebatards rant up there, thats all cool and all but **** like this is what jinxes our dolphins. Yea the knicks suck and dont matter but so do the dolphins while the jets have made to the afc finals 2 years in a row before a bad year and not even making playoffs. We gotta be humble and not trash other teams like this, glad lebatard doesnt speak for our franchise.

finomenal
06-22-2012, 10:28 PM
lmao at lebatards rant up there, thats all cool and all but **** like this is what jinxes our dolphins. Yea the knicks suck and dont matter but so do the dolphins while the jets have made to the afc finals 2 years in a row before a bad year and not even making playoffs. We gotta be humble and not trash other teams like this, glad lebatard doesnt speak for our franchise.

I don't believe in that. The Dolphins picked the wrong players for years. That's why they've been bad this long. Plus, it's sports. It's supposed to be fun.

By the way, whoever has a tablet, Tapatalk HD is the way to go!