PDA

View Full Version : Filthy Liberal Scum

Locke
06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
In light or our resident hate monger and mega partisan hack returning, I figured I'd share this page with those who aren't aware of it.

http://proudtobeafilthyliberalscum.com/

It's mostly Op-Ed pieces, but he'll post links to addictinginfo and other sites when he finds interesting articles. Personally, I think he goes overboard with the name-calling and deriding comments, but hey, so does Fox news and other conservative outlets, and he pretty much got started as a direct response to that. He makes lots of good points, and he loves pointing out hypocrisies when they come up, if you can deal with the tone of the articles. I tend to avoid the Op-Ed pieces since I can't stand attack tactics, even when I agree with what's being said. But, I figured some of my Finheaven brothers might find him interesting. At the very least, you'll get a good idea where liberals come from on some topics...

NY8123
06-23-2012, 11:33 AM
This dude is way too pissed off and has way too much time on his hands. He should jerk off more and release some stress.

jared81
06-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow. This guy is a d bag. you can feel his anger in his post. PPersonally, I don't like reading ultra liberal or conservative bloggers because it is filled with this kind of crap. I live in the real world and have great relationships with liberals and conservatives.

Locke
06-23-2012, 12:55 PM
This dude is way too pissed off and has way too much time on his hands. He should jerk off more and release some stress.

Is it any different than any of his conservative counterparts? Or even closer to home, some of our conservative posters here...?

Tetragrammaton
06-23-2012, 01:52 PM
The problem, exacerbated by the Internet and cable news, is that someone can be so inundated by their own party politics that they truly believe that everything their party says is right and the opposition is wrong. It is like a one-party state's control of the media, but instead of it being mandatory, it is choice.

I see both of it. Obviously, this forum has plenty of its tinfoil hat society members where Obama fills in for every bad thing in their perceived world, but there is this guy I went to high school with who is a campaign operative for the Obama campaign. Everything Obama does is either right, or not his fault. It gets so exhausting to talk to him.

NY8123
06-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Is it any different than any of his conservative counterparts? Or even closer to home, some of our conservative posters here...?

The right and left wings will always be the right and left wings.

LANGER72
06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
:grouphug:

Locke
06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
The right and left wings will always be the right and left wings.

I disagree. The far right and far left wings will always be that. That doesn't mean reasonable lefties and righties can't be friends. I can't think of much 9954 and I agree on politically, but I'd buy him a beer anytime. GoonBoss and The Confessor are both pretty conservative guys, and I've had plenty of friendly chats with them and consider them both great men. The issue is getting people like our resident hate monger in, who does nothing but blast "dat dem librals" all day long, or people like this filthy liberal scum, who does the same thing the other way. Intelligent, friendly discourse is still possible, but it seems like it's frowned upon these days...