PDA

View Full Version : ***2012 Official Miami Heat Offseason Thread***

finomenal
06-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Now that some of the smoke has cleared, what's everyone's thoughts on the offseason? Who would you like to see join the Heat next year? I'm sure they'll be able to convince a veteran like Steve Nash or Ray Allen to come for less money.

Players will have to decide if the possibility of a championship is more important to them than a bigger contract. IMO our biggest needs are more size and a sharpshooter from beyond the arc. I think Miller retires.

I won't pretend to know a thing about the college prospects, so I gladly defer to the experts. I don't watch college basketball, but I keep hearing about Fab Melo. He seems to be the type of player Riley would love to draft and develop (7'0", 255). A young center to develop would be great for them, especially years down the road whe Lebron enters his thirties.

These are VERY exciting times for Heat fans! :woot:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JCane
06-24-2012, 11:24 PM
No smoke has cleared.

Parade rolls down Biscayne tomorrow morning.

Still have people running around banging on pots and pans in their neighbor's yard.

HEAT BITCHES!

finomenal
06-24-2012, 11:52 PM
No smoke has cleared.

Parade rolls down Biscayne tomorrow morning.

Still have people running around banging on pots and pans in their neighbor's yard.

HEAT BITCHES!

Haha I haven't forgotten about the parade, it just feels like it's been a week since they won the championship. I'll be in full celebration mode again tomorrow, but the weekend off allowed me to speculate about the future, that's all.

JCane
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Haha I haven't forgotten about the parade, it just feels like it's been a week since they won the championship. I'll be in full celebration mode again tomorrow, but the weekend off allowed me to speculate about the future, that's all.

Gotta get some bigs and we gotta get some shooters.

LeBron allowed Mike Miller to become the next John Paxson. What true shooter with a few years left in the tank wouldn't want that kind of opportunity?

I've done nothing but watch Heat championship **** since Thursday night. Beautiful viewing.

Friday's First Take was all-time classic ****. Mark Cuban came on the show and tore Skip Bayless apart. Bayless didn't know how to respond.

If you guys have a few minutes this evening before bed, look it up on YouTube.

Sucks that we lost to Dallas last season, but I've always been a big Mark Cuban fan.

finomenal
06-25-2012, 12:18 AM

LeBron allowed Mike Miller to become the next John Paxson. What true shooter with a few years left in the tank wouldn't want that kind of opportunity?

I've done nothing but watch Heat championship **** since Thursday night. Beautiful viewing.

Friday's First Take was all-time classic ****. Mark Cuban came on the show and tore Skip Bayless apart. Bayless didn't know how to respond.

Sucks that we lost to Dallas last season, but I've always been a big Mark Cuban fan.

Ehh, I heard about it. I have no desire whatsoever to listen to that ratings whore. He doesn't really believe what he says. He's a character. He even said once he'd rather have Tebow over Brady late in the 4th qtr.

I hate those stupid shows. All they do is pretend to disagree on crap and yell. That seems to be what gets ratings these days.

MarshallFin1
06-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Ehh, I heard about it. I have no desire whatsoever to listen to that ratings whore. He doesn't really believe what he says. He's a character. He even said once he'd rather have Tebow over Brady late in the 4th qtr.

I hate those stupid shows. All they do is pretend to disagree on crap and yell. That seems to be what gets ratings these days.

Espn first take is garbage, i tryed watch that show a few times and everytime it ends with me turning that crap off in 10 minutes. Even stephen a smith, saying the heat were done after boston took the 3-2 lead on us, its all bullcrap man. They support us when were up but when we are losing they trash us and say we are done and we are a disgrace blah blah. F them, we dont need there congrats or support or anything, they arent true heat fans, they are bandwagon analysts who have jumped on for this championship. Skip bayless comparing himself to howard cosell was insane, the most insane thing i have ever seen this guy say. He has a high opinion of himself obviously and thinks lebron watches his nonsense of a show.

The heat need to address the center position.

Centers : We need a big body in that paint, Haslem is a good PF to have in there but he is undersized, small ball is good at certain points in the game but at times you need to adjust and have some bigs in there to protect the paint. Westbrook had a field day on us with layups all series because we dont have a center to put in there that can get up and block those shots and also be a scorer for us in the paint.

PG: I like our PGs and dont want to change a thing. I fully expect norris cole to grow next season and eventually take over as our starting PG. Mario Chalmers is better coming off the bench in my opinion. He is not as quick as cole and quickness compliments lebron and wade on the fastbreak, at times you just see chalmers has trouble keeping with bron and wade on fast breaks cause they are too fast. It would benefit us if cole can be that starting PG for us but he has to grow in consistency in terms of shooting and be a creator for us. Chalmers is a decent creator but i just think we need a real point guard who is going to command the ball and not let wade dribble up the ball down the court and lose the ball almost giving OKC a win because of it, that could have turned the series around in okcs favor. If okc wins game 2 they are up 2-0 because of wades sloppy dribbling up the floor, then game 3 was a grind out game we almost lost, okc could have been up potential 3-0 all because we dont have a point guard. Point is, i hope cole steps up and tells spoeltra he wants to be that guy and hopefully spoeltra gives him a chance. Norris grew on me in these playoffs, i think he can get better and better in development. He can be that Starting Point the heat need to keep up with bron and wade, control the ball, and has shown he also has a 3 pt shot, not as good as chalmers but he has one also that can improve.

SG: I appreciate everything mike miller has given us and thank him for his amazing finals performance, but injuries have really caught up to his age and its hurt the heat threw out these playoffs, we should consider lettin him go or unless he retires. Yes his finals performance was amazing but lets not forget how close boston was to eliminating us from even getting to the finals. I think ray allen is a good option but i think he might be too expensive. I like james jones and hope he stays, he can be more consistent if we give him more minutes. He is the 3 pt king.

My #1 concern is a center, without a center we are putting too much on lebron and wades shoulders, look at lebron cramping up in the finals, we need someone to take the workload of d-wade and lebron because if u expect to win 6 more titles, you better becareful how much you play these dudes or there not going to last very long.

Built2Win
06-25-2012, 03:13 AM
lamar odom would be nice but all reports show him going to clippers
Nash seems toronto bound though heat might have a chance.
jason terry would be good option
Camby, Camen, Dalembert i like all 3 as options
I watched Kenyon Martin a bit last year and he still has the hops
Mr Big shot Billiups coming off an injury though if he can recover fast enough..
Chicago i heard wants to trade Noah
Kris humphries would be good for us.
Oden has potential though had so many injuries in his young career
Maybe M
ichael Redd?

JCane
06-25-2012, 03:24 AM
I like Kris Humphries a lot. That's a big body that likes to bang down low and pull down the rebounds.

Dalembert I like. Camby I like but don't think we can pull.

Michael Redd is the exact kind of "shooter" I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Oden I want no part of. Not even worth the risk IMO.

Nash I think lands in Miami. I know he's a Canada dude, but just the way I heard him perk up when the Miami was mentioned as a possible landing spot for next season really makes me think he would be ours to lose IF Riley went after him.

The only thing I don't like about pursuing a guy like Nash, Terry or Kidd is that these guys are TRUE point guards. They make offenses work. This means that they need the ball to operate and this takes the ball out of the hands of LeBron James. LeBron needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. I think we're about to see LeBron REALLY get better and that is scary.

MarshallFin1
06-25-2012, 03:35 AM
lamar odom would be nice but all reports show him going to clippers
Nash seems toronto bound though heat might have a chance.
jason terry would be good option
Camby, Camen, Dalembert i like all 3 as options
I watched Kenyon Martin a bit last year and he still has the hops
Mr Big shot Billiups coming off an injury though if he can recover fast enough..
Chicago i heard wants to trade Noah
Kris humphries would be good for us.
Oden has potential though had so many injuries in his young career
Maybe M
ichael Redd?

steer clear of noah and odom please. Odom is not himself anymore, mavericks released him before the season even ended he sucked so badly. His confidense is at an all time low because the lakers traded him, he has no desire anymore, not to mention the baggage of kardashian nonsense he will be bringing with him, we dont need distraction, we got championships to win.

Noah, dont you think there is a reason chicago wants to get rid of this guy? he SUCKS.

MarshallFin1
06-25-2012, 03:43 AM
I like Kris Humphries a lot. That's a big body that likes to bang down low and pull down the rebounds.

Dalembert I like. Camby I like but don't think we can pull.

Michael Redd is the exact kind of "shooter" I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Oden I want no part of. Not even worth the risk IMO.

Nash I think lands in Miami. I know he's a Canada dude, but just the way I heard him perk up when the Miami was mentioned as a possible landing spot for next season really makes me think he would be ours to lose IF Riley went after him.

The only thing I don't like about pursuing a guy like Nash, Terry or Kidd is that these guys are TRUE point guards. They make offenses work. This means that they need the ball to operate and this takes the ball out of the hands of LeBron James. LeBron needs to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. I think we're about to see LeBron REALLY get better and that is scary.

I gotta disagree with this, i think there are certain times in a game where you just let lebron isolate and do his thing when we need points. However, unless we get a true point guard to run this offense, we are going to continue to be a sloppy offensive team, look at the huge lead okc had us in game 4, why is that? our offense cant generate anything when lebron and wade are off there game and we are sloppy as hell bringing the ball up the court because we dont use a PG. Sloppy offense, we need to fix this to get even better cause i can guarantee you anything, okc is going to get better and they will get back to the finals and give us an even bigger test.

Ferretsquig
06-25-2012, 05:50 AM
Top priorities are getting someone that can rebound and someone you can run the offense through. Miller and Haslem were supposed to help in these areas but injuries and Haslem's disappearing jumper put a huge amount on the shoulders of the big three. The hope is Haslem can find his shot again and be a big part of the post rotation. Miller will have to decide if hes going to retire or not.....if he thinks he can play I'm sure they'll welcome him back. Its not just the threes that he brings to the table. Last year in the playoffs he rebounded like a PF.

Nash and Camby is the dream scenario. I'd love to see a real PG in Miami....take the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands. Lebron in the post may be the most effective offense even with a point like Nash but you don't want to ask the guy to go in the post every play. Having a guy like Camby would take a lot of pressure off James and Wade.....not having to dominate their matchup on the boards every game. To me the goal of the offseason is to get some depth so the big three don't have to do everything for all 82 games. No matter who they get I think the most effective lineup is probably going to be the same one we saw in the finals, with Lebron playing with his back to the basket surrounded by Wade and a bunch of shooters.

I get the feeling Camby will get some money from Houston. Nash is a real possibility.....Toronto may throw some cash his way and I'm not sure title chasing is something hes all that interested in, but as he said before, if James and Wade came a callin' he'd have a tough time turning them down.

Humphries, Kaman, Kenyon Martin, Dalembert.....probably all going to get far more than the Heat can offer. The Heat will probably be looking at guys like Mahinmi, Maxiell, and yes, even Kwame Brown. I think there's a good chance the Heat will draft a big if one falls to them in the draft, even though bigs tend to rise rather than fall in the NBA draft. Pittman and Curry will probably stick around as well and fight it out with whoever is brought in for a couple roster spots.

At point guard there are a bunch of options, with HOF guys like Kidd, Miller and Billups out there. As much as I love Miller I don't think he really fits. Kidd and Billups are interesting options, even if they can't defend anymore.

My best guess would be that the draft doesn't bring the big man everyone is looking for and the Heat enter next season not much better off at the 5 spot.....hoping Pittman starts to figure out how to defend or Curry undergoes another epiphany. Nash joins the Heat along with a couple ring chasers (maybe Jamison). Miller and Howard retire, and some vet big man is brought in to fight for a spot along with Pittman, Curry, and Turiaf.

MarshallFin1
06-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Top priorities are getting someone that can rebound and someone you can run the offense through. Miller and Haslem were supposed to help in these areas but injuries and Haslem's disappearing jumper put a huge amount on the shoulders of the big three. The hope is Haslem can find his shot again and be a big part of the post rotation. Miller will have to decide if hes going to retire or not.....if he thinks he can play I'm sure they'll welcome him back. Its not just the threes that he brings to the table. Last year in the playoffs he rebounded like a PF.

Nash and Camby is the dream scenario. I'd love to see a real PG in Miami....take the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands. Lebron in the post may be the most effective offense even with a point like Nash but you don't want to ask the guy to go in the post every play. Having a guy like Camby would take a lot of pressure off James and Wade.....not having to dominate their matchup on the boards every game. To me the goal of the offseason is to get some depth so the big three don't have to do everything for all 82 games. No matter who they get I think the most effective lineup is probably going to be the same one we saw in the finals, with Lebron playing with his back to the basket surrounded by Wade and a bunch of shooters.

I get the feeling Camby will get some money from Houston. Nash is a real possibility.....Toronto may throw some cash his way and I'm not sure title chasing is something hes all that interested in, but as he said before, if James and Wade came a callin' he'd have a tough time turning them down.

Humphries, Kaman, Kenyon Martin, Dalembert.....probably all going to get far more than the Heat can offer. The Heat will probably be looking at guys like Mahinmi, Maxiell, and yes, even Kwame Brown. I think there's a good chance the Heat will draft a big if one falls to them in the draft, even though bigs tend to rise rather than fall in the NBA draft. Pittman and Curry will probably stick around as well and fight it out with whoever is brought in for a couple roster spots.

At point guard there are a bunch of options, with HOF guys like Kidd, Miller and Billups out there. As much as I love Miller I don't think he really fits. Kidd and Billups are interesting options, even if they can't defend anymore.

My best guess would be that the draft doesn't bring the big man everyone is looking for and the Heat enter next season not much better off at the 5 spot.....hoping Pittman starts to figure out how to defend or Curry undergoes another epiphany. Nash joins the Heat along with a couple ring chasers (maybe Jamison). Miller and Howard retire, and some vet big man is brought in to fight for a spot along with Pittman, Curry, and Turiaf.

we dont want lebron or wade being point guards, especially after wade being a pg almost cost a game in the finals that could have turned the hole series in okcs favor up 2-0. We had the game in the bag til wades costly turnover. That game, had that foul on lebron been caled at the end of the game could have made the game a tie and a 50-50 game from there. We need a point guard running the show but like i said, i like cole and hope he can be our PG. Nash is going to cost too much money, that money can be spent on a center/size. My 2 cents.

Dolfan3773
06-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Will never get old...love it

nick1
06-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I want fab melo to drop to us in the draft. that would be ideal. he is a great defender and thats the top priority in a big to me. Pittman was supposed to develop well but I am starting to think he will never develop he has shown immaturity. hopefully Dalambert will come this year like he was supposed to do last year, I bet he is kicking himself since we won the title. Dalabert and Melo is a great center rotation then Bosh and Haslem can both rotate at the 4. I think Miller will retire but not Jones, Ray Allen might be a pipe dream along with Steve Nash idk if they would really accept that much of a pay cut. I am hopeful Terrell Harris can step up in the void of Miller retiring I see him as a solid bench contributer. Cole needs to really work on his drives to the rim, too many times I saw him get blocked on his lay ups he can get to the rim at will with his quickness but has to make the defender foul him at the very least. Cole will be our starter he is a true PG and creates for others, Chalmers is basically a SG he can score very well from the bench

Ferretsquig
06-25-2012, 03:50 PM
we dont want lebron or wade being point guards, especially after wade being a pg almost cost a game in the finals that could have turned the hole series in okcs favor up 2-0. We had the game in the bag til wades costly turnover. That game, had that foul on lebron been caled at the end of the game could have made the game a tie and a 50-50 game from there. We need a point guard running the show but like i said, i like cole and hope he can be our PG. Nash is going to cost too much money, that money can be spent on a center/size. My 2 cents.

I haven't seen anything yet that suggests Cole is a point guard. My understanding is that minus and offseason and training camp the coaches basically told him to do what he was most comfortable with, which was scoring the ball. Turns out he wasn't a very good scorer, but to his credit he seems to have really worked on that three point shot while paring down the rest of his game that wasn't working at this level. The potential is there....I just haven't seen it yet.

If Nash wants money he can go somewhere else. The same can be said of any free agent the Heat are after. The mini-MLE and bi-annual exceptions aren't going to attract players in their prime looking for a payday.

I think the Heat in free agency are going to be in a very similar situation to last year. If they had offered that 10 mil to Kwame Brown he probably would have taken it, but it comes down to bringing in a skilled player like Battier in a position that isn't a need vs. bringing in a relatively unskilled player simply because the team is desperate for size. I'll take the skill player every day, and ask Spoelstra to sort it out.

Dolfan3773
06-25-2012, 04:29 PM
According to multiple league sources, there is mutual interest between Allen and the Heat.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/25/report-ray-allen-interested-in-joining-miami-heat/

finomenal
06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/25/report-ray-allen-interested-in-joining-miami-heat/

Nice! I'm hearing Miller and Jones might retire, so that'll free up much needed cap room.

SuavePhin
06-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Ray Allen would be a nice pick up, though it would be a shame if Miller had to retire he earned every bit of his salary in game 5 alone :chuckle:

Ferretsquig
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
James Jones hinting he might retire as well. If the Heat lose both the only spot up three point shooter left is Chalmers. But if both stay I'm not sure what the point of Ray Allen would be. There wasn't even enough court time for Jones last season when Miller was healthy. Unless they play small ball the majority of the time how would you find minutes for Battier, Miller, Jones, and Allen?

finomenal
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Things are looking good for Melo.

Adam First
06-28-2012, 10:22 PM
The Heatles selected Mississippi State power forward Arnett Moultrie with the 27th pick of the 2012 NBA Draft, but then subsequently traded the pick to the 76ers for a future first round pick and the #45 pick in this year's draft.

PhinsPhan11
06-28-2012, 10:31 PM
He was traded to the Sixers for the 45th pick and a future 1st round pick.

Adam First
06-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Heatles select LSU center Justin Hamilton with the 45th pick in the 2nd round of the NBA Draft.

JCane
06-28-2012, 11:55 PM
He was traded to the Sixers for the 45th pick and a future 1st round pick.

Pick is lottery protected without question, though.

Pat Riley can't win them all I guess.

:lol:

Ferretsquig
06-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Its lottery protected. Hard to really complain....it was the smart move. Odds are a guy like Moultrie or Jones or whoever else was there at 27 wasn't going to step on the court for the Heat this season, and this gives Riley a couple mil and another roster spot to offer some vet the bi-annual exception or min deal. In all likelihood the Sixers will find themselves in a similar position next year, with a pick in the mid to late teens.

Still takes all the fun out of it for the fans. Hamilton looks like a guy that will get stashed overseas. Still one can hope......we should have a lively summer league to watch, with Cole, Varnado, Pittman, Hamilton, and maybe even Curry fighting it out in glorified street ball games.

finomenal
06-29-2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Nets-Combine-MeasurementsAthletic-Testing-and-Recap-3921/

Nets Combine Measurements/Athletic Testing and Recap
May 21, 2012
Thebiggest hands (http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?year=2012&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&source=NJ)belonged to LSU'sJustin Hamilton (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justin-Hamilton-5421/), who was one of the best big men seen in New Jersey. Hamilton showed strong mobility running the floor and moving his feet in the drills, as well as the ability to step outside and make a jump shot with solid range. He competed hard, crashing the glass aggressively and finished with soft touch around the rim on the pick and roll. All things considered, he may have helped himself as much as any player here.

(http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Nets-Combine-MeasurementsAthletic-Testing-and-Recap-3921/)http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justin-Hamilton-19074/

Finding a Niche For: Justin Hamilton
May 9, 2012
Walker Beeken

LSU junior big manJustin Hamilton (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justin-Hamilton-5421/)decided to pass on his senior season and make himself eligible for the 2012 NBA draft. After playing for an 18-15 Tigers team that lost in the first round of the NIT, Hamilton doesn't have a great deal of buzz heading into the predraft process, but he put together a solid junior season at LSU, leading the Tigers in points, rebounds, and blocks per game while earning second team All-SEC honors.

finomenal
06-29-2012, 01:58 AM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heatzone/2012/06/28/who-is-justin-hamilton-other-than-heats-2nd-round-pick/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sORZ_zqHJEQ&feature=player_embedded

He's at 15.5% bodyfat. That's not allowed in Riley's camp. They'll shed his fat and get him in the weight room.

finomenal
06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Here's his LSU stats:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/41070/justin-hamilton

Scouting info from nba.com:
http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospects/justin-hamilton/ (http://www.nba.com/draft/2012/prospects/justin-hamilton/)

Strengths:
*Inside-outside offensive game
*Moves well
*Effective high-post passer
*Good free-throw shooter
Weaknesses:
*Has to get stronger
*Needs to become more consistent

Ferretsquig
06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Looks like Troy Murphy....

Ferretsquig
07-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Ray on his way to south beach. I guess this means we're going to see a lot of small ball.

Dolfan3773
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
The Sun Sentinel has learned that the Heat bypassed extending a qualifying offer to the seldom-used rookie guard, leaving him an unrestricted free agent instead of a restricted free agent. As a result, the Heat do not maintain the right to match outside offers.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-terrel-harris-s070412,0,247083.story

CedarPhin
07-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Hoping we land Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis.

Dolfan3773
07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Hoping we land Ray Allen or Rashard Lewis.

With Jason Terry going to Boston, I don't see Allen resigning with them. If he want's another ring he would have a better shot here then with the Clippers. I used to be a huge Rashard Lewis fan but after he went to Orlando, his career went down hill. Ray meets with us tomorrow. Let's hope he signs.

Perfect23
07-05-2012, 01:06 AM
If the Heat have there choice of any free agent I'd probably go with Chris Kamen

MP-Omnis
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Any chance Greg Oden comes to Miami? Wonder what he could do with a quality med staff.

CedarPhin
07-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Isn't his knee still banged up? I didn't think he was going to play this coming season.

Ferretsquig
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I think Oden decided to take a season off and try out OSU again.....in the classroom at least.

The Clippers just signed Billups and Crawford, so they're out of the Allen sweepstakes. Its down to Miami and Boston, with Boston offering 2 yrs 12 mil and a no trade clause and the Heat 3 yrs 9 mil.

Lewis and Camby look like the second and third options if Ray heads back to Boston. It really is fascinating to watch Riley to a complete about face after trying to force this team to play traditional ball for a the first two years. A couple of playoff series later and now forget that......just put a bunch of three point shooters around Wade and James and let them do their thing.

Dolfan3773
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Ray Allen staying over night, will continue meeting with Riley tomorrow. Rashard Lewis coming for a visit on Saturday

Dolfan3773
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Per Arisons twitter...

Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!

Dolfan3773
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Ray Allen is a Miami Heat!!!! Suck it Boston. We took the only player I like from your team. Love me some Ray Allen!

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8137389/agent-ray-allen-leaves-boston-celtics-champion-miami-heat

Dolfan3773
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Ray Allen in a Miami Heat uni :D..I didn't do this, got it from someone

JCane
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
So let me get this straight....I get a deadly sharp shooter wide open on the perimeter when LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are double-teamed getting to the basket?

JCane likes this.

Hello 2013 NBA Championship.

Perfect23
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Ray Allen in a Miami Heat uni :D..I didn't do this, got it from someone

He was born to wear that uniform

finomenal
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Jesus Shuttlesworth to Miami baby!!!! :woot:

Phinatic8u
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Can you say REPEAT?

Funky Fin
07-07-2012, 02:40 AM
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Ray Allen, welcome to the 2013 NBA champions. Repeat!

finomenal
07-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Riley said (as he slammed all his championship rings on the table), "Look here, you little bitch. You can stay in Miami for a 3rd day if you want, but there will be no more meetings. You decide here. Either you join us and win, or go to another team and get dick slapped by us for the rest of your career."

SuavePhin
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself :brewskis:

He was born to wear that uniform

SuavePhin
07-07-2012, 10:43 AM
The best part is the Celtic fans calling him "Judas shuttlesworth" and b*tching about loyalty.........the same loyalty when they were trying to trade him how many times? :lol: This is going to be FUN to watch.

Jesus Shuttlesworth to Miami baby!!!! :woot:

finomenal
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
The best part is the Celtic fans calling him "Judas shuttlesworth" and b*tching about loyalty.........the same loyalty when they were trying to trade him how many times? :lol: This is going to be FUN to watch.

AND Jason frickin Terry is with the Celtics now! This sounds like the type of stuff movies are made of. :lol: It'll be very fun to watch, no doubt.

MarshallFin1
07-07-2012, 02:05 PM
so im reading the celtics and cavs forums, 80% of there fans from both teams are already wishing ray allen tears an acl next season with heat. Good god, what is wrong with these people? ray allen made the right choice, if these fans arent going to have loyalty than why should he? or lebron also, they want loyalty but they dont have any themselves, F them. Welcome to miami ray, were the loyal fans are at.

Perfect23
07-07-2012, 02:12 PM
so im reading the celtics and cavs forums, 80% of there fans from both teams are already wishing ray allen tears an acl next season with heat. Good god, what is wrong with these people? ray allen made the right choice, if these fans arent going to have loyalty than why should he? or lebron also, they want loyalty but they dont have any themselves, F them. Welcome to miami ray, were the loyal fans are at.

Exctly how can they talk about loyalty when they obvouisly don't have any were the Celtics being loyal when they tried to trade Ray Allen twice or the Cavaliers when they fired Mike Brown how's that loyalty.

electrolyte
07-07-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/aqkOVo-1.gif

SuavePhin
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I was just going to upload this LOL, it's wonderful isn't it?

electrolyte
07-07-2012, 02:47 PM
We need to start hatching a plan that will send Ross packing and get Micky Arison to buy the Dolphins

Perfect23
07-07-2012, 03:14 PM

I just realized that guy at the end is Danny Ainge I thought for a second it was David Morse."

MarshallFin1
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
We need to start hatching a plan that will send Ross packing and get Micky Arison to buy the Dolphins

um actually, no, ross has made all the right moves, he fired sparano, got the best coach available from GB one of the best franchises currently in the nfl, drafted a 1st round qb, something hhuizeinga or parcells never did, ross ordered a 1st round qb and made it happen. Ireland would have lost his job had he not taken tannenhill. Im satisfied with what ross this offseason. Last offseason you could make a case that he needed to go but he has turned it around this offseason. Its obvious the guy wants to win. Not only that, ross told ireland to take chances, the running back from miami, who could potentially be a star in the nfl, we took a chance and i believe ross has everyything to do with that.

MarshallFin1
07-08-2012, 05:51 AM
The new thing in the nba is whenever a player signs with the heat, he automatically becomes the most hated person in america lmao. I dont think there is a more hated franchise in america right now than the miami heat, what a bunch of haters lol, ppl got nothing better to do with there lives than hate on the heat. The big 3 we already know all became hated the moment they formed, ray allen however, was just added to the hate list 2 days ago when he committed to the heat.

Spesh
07-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Anyone actually see what got Ray Allen to come to Miami? Why Pat ****ing Riley of course.

The issues chasing Ray Allen out of the Boston Celtics and into the arms of their most despised opponent stacked higher and higher, and suddenly everything crystallized in the hours basketball’s most persuasive recruiter, Pat Riley, captivated him. The emperor of the Miami Heat sold Allen on never hearing his name in trade talks and a run of championships awaiting him. After all these years, Allen needed to feel wanted again, needed the recruiting, and Riles had such a willing soul sitting with him in the breeze blowing over Biscayne Bay.

"He felt he was getting respect that he hadn’t gotten from [Celtics president] Danny [Ainge] and [coach] Doc [Rivers] anymore," a source close to Allen said Friday night. "…The presentation was incredible."

...Allen had a chance at the cozy, New England storybook ending, punctuated with that placid, poignant Hall-of-Fame ceremony in Springfield, where a favored son of Massachusetts would let the love and cheers wash over him. Maybe Garnett would've gone out with him, and they could've gone into the Hall, into the Celtics' rafters, together.

And then, Pat Riley walked into the room, and all hell broke loose in Boston. Allen thought long and hard, and his decision was unmistakable: He was busting out of Boston on his terms, and it cut the Celtics most deeply. Complete and utter repudiation. My turn now, Ray Allen was telling the Celtics. My turn now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html

Is there anyone who Pat Riley cant win over? Send him up to Washington, our debt crisis would be handled in 3 hours. He isnt going to outshine the legacy of Shula, but damned if he isnt going to be edged right up next to it.

Ferretsquig
07-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I love the approach the Heat and Riley have taken. Whether its guaranteeing deals for guys like Beverley and Butler even though they're never going to play with the Heat, not using the amnesty clause on Miller just to save a few million in tax payments, or offering player options on the second year of vet min deals in case of injury. Granted it helps to have an owner who can afford it.

It has its benefits when you can now go tell a free agent like Battier or Allen that they won't get traded if they sign here and they actually believe you.

Ferretsquig
07-09-2012, 06:12 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/09/utah-jazz-raja-bell-buyout/?sct=nba_t2_a12

Not sure if the Heat have room for another wing.....could do a lot worse than Bell for you're 12th man.

Dolfan3773
07-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Monday, Wade had the expected surgery on his knee.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/09/dwyane-wade-had-his-knee-surgery-monday-out-eight-weeks/

finomenal
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gyoG4bkAn5SGdPLNwS7HTrtkvFZA?docId=131b8a60cf8f486cb055323d21a021ed

Rashard Lewis decides to sign with Heat

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer – 14 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) — Rashard Lewis has decided to join the Miami Heat, becoming yet another shooting option for the reigning NBA champions.

Perfect23
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gyoG4bkAn5SGdPLNwS7HTrtkvFZA?docId=131b8a60cf8f486cb055323d21a021ed

Rashard Lewis decides to sign with Heat

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer – 14 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP) — Rashard Lewis has decided to join the Miami Heat, becoming yet another shooting option for the reigning NBA champions.

I used to like Rashard Lewis until he went to Orlando he was awful.

SuavePhin
07-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Pat Riley could target Mini-Me for Center and I trust he'd have a way to make it work.

I used to like Rashard Lewis until he went to Orlando he was awful.

Perfect23
07-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Has anyone seen this video Justin Hamilton looks impressive but we have to see what he does in a NBA game.

http://youtu.be/5zxy2wYNsTM

CedarPhin
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Loved Rashard Lewis since he played for the Sonics. Great signing.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

He and Ray Allen also were teammates up there too. Pretty cool.

Phinatic8u
07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow another super solid signing for the heat.

Repeat much?

CedarPhin
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Hopefully.

Built2Win
07-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Has anyone seen this video Justin Hamilton looks impressive but we have to see what he does in a NBA game.

http://youtu.be/5zxy2wYNsTM

Looks like Justin has some nice touch and can hit the open 3 though i would have liked to see him with a hand in his face...

Perfect23
07-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Looks like Justin has some nice touch and can hit the open 3 though i would have liked to see him with a hand in his face...

Same here but the guy is also tall anytime somebody is tall and has range it's usually a great sign I actually like this pick better then Moultrie.

Dolfan3773
07-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Rashard Lewis is a great signing...and for the money?!?!

JCane
07-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Think about this lineup when we go small...

Lebron James
Ray Allen
Dwyane Wade
Rashard Lewis
Chris Bosh

Perfect23
07-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Think about this lineup when we go small...

Lebron James
Ray Allen
Dwyane Wade
Rashard Lewis
Chris Bosh

It looks like a fantasy team on NBA live.

Dolfan3773
07-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Word is Grant Hill is interested in coming here.

Adam First
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/o8ypzk-1.jpg

Ray Allen to be introduced in a few minutes.

Adam First
07-11-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/153xuo4-1.jpg

Dolfan3773
07-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Ray Allen to wear #34...Team store already selling Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis jerseys/t-shirts. Don't like to wear basketball jerseys but I will be getting a t-shirt

http://www.miamihoopsgear.com/Default.aspx

Dolfan3773
07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Heat got best team at the ESPYS and LBJ won 3 on his own

CedarPhin
07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Word is Grant Hill is interested in coming here.

I think he winds up with LA or OKC.

Dolfan3773
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM
James Jones is returning

Dolfan3773
07-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Mike Miller returning as well

SuavePhin
07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Hope Miller's back heals, the guy looked like he was going to collapse every time he ran up and down the court.

CalDolFan1014
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Heat, Ray Allen to open season against Boston...

This is going to be fun. The Miami Heat are going to get their rings and raise their banner on Oct. 30 in their home opener against the Boston Celtics. Then the Heat -- with former Celtic Ray Allen on their roster -- will open their title defense against the team they faced in the Eastern Conference finals.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/heat-ray-allen-to-open-season-against-boston-celtics/related/ (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/heat-ray-allen-to-open-season-against-boston-celtics/related/)

Fun indeed!

finomenal
07-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Heat, Ray Allen to open season against Boston...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/heat-ray-allen-to-open-season-against-boston-celtics/related/ (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/heat-ray-allen-to-open-season-against-boston-celtics/related/)

Fun indeed!

I cant wait to see the look on Garnett and Paul Pierce's faces when we end their season AGAIN for the third season in a row. Garnett might very well punch another small European player.

CedarPhin
07-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Heat are playing OKC on Xmas Day @ 5:30 on ABC:

The Heat will play host to Oklahoma City in a Christmas Day NBA Finals rematch, according to several league sources that have seen the NBA’s tentative schedule due to be released this week.That Heat-Thunder game is set for 5:30 p.m. on ABC.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/07/the-skinny-on-the-heats-2012-13-schedule-um-bringing-in-big-time-local-player.html

finomenal
07-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Heat are playing OKC on Xmas Day @ 5:30 on ABC:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/07/the-skinny-on-the-heats-2012-13-schedule-um-bringing-in-big-time-local-player.html
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2012/07/the-skinny-on-the-heats-2012-13-schedule-um-bringing-in-big-time-local-player.html#storylink=cpy

#NOBRAINALLBEARD :chuckle:

That Ron Artest tweet still cracks me up.

Dolfan3773
07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
:lol: at Turiaf not taking the minimum here but with the Clippers.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/26/ronny-turiaf-signs-one-year-deal-with-los-angeles-clippers/

CedarPhin
07-26-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.hothothoops.com/2012/7/25/3185530/the-heat-are-to-wear-their-miami-arena-era-alternate-red-jersey-in

Heat are going to wear these:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

in a few games this year. NBA's Hardwood Classics are doing the 90s this year, so there's a bunch of 1990s jerseys teams are going to be wearing.

I'm pumped.

Dolfan3773
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Here's the new schedule and hopefully a back to back!

http://www.nba.com/heat/schedule/index.html

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

http://www.hothothoops.com/2012/7/25/3185530/the-heat-are-to-wear-their-miami-arena-era-alternate-red-jersey-in

Heat are going to wear these:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

in a few games this year. NBA's Hardwood Classics are doing the 90s this year, so there's a bunch of 1990s jerseys teams are going to be wearing.

I'm pumped.

Sweet deal

Dolfan3773
08-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Got my 2012 Miami Heat Championship DVD/Blu-Ray combo the other day. They had it on sale for $15. Got goosebumps watching it!

SuavePhin
08-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Got my 2012 Miami Heat Championship DVD/Blu-Ray combo the other day. They had it on sale for $15. Got goosebumps watching it!

Is that the one with just clips ect or the one that has the full series/game start to finish like there is with the 06 set that had the whole ECF vs the Pistons and Finals vs the Mavs? that's what i'm waiting for.

finomenal
08-05-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/08/heat-spurs-discussing-andray-blatche.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SATURDAY, 6:20pm: ESPN's Marc Stein reports (via Twitter) that the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs are two of the teams that have expressed interest in signing Andray Blatche. Blatche was waived by the Washington Wizards on July 17 using the amnesty clause. No team placed a bid on the remaining three years and approximately $23.4MM on his contract, thus making him an unrestricted free agent.

Ferretsquig
08-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Man I sure hope they're not serious about Blatche. Sometimes Riley does like to take on the talented idiots.....hopefully the Ricky Davis disaster will help him shy away from this one.

Dolfan3773
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Is that the one with just clips ect or the one that has the full series/game start to finish like there is with the 06 set that had the whole ECF vs the Pistons and Finals vs the Mavs? that's what i'm waiting for.

It's just the one with clips but it's a great movie

finomenal
08-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Howard to the Lakers. Who's scared? NOT me!

Dolfan3773
08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Juwan Howard wants to be back playing with the Miami Heat. At age 39 he is working out at the Miami Heat facility, trying to be the big the Heat use to round out their roster.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/could-juwan-howard-retire-to-become-a-heat-coach/

finomenal
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-mickell-gladness-s090712,0,7091504.story?track=rss

Heat sign Gladness, Varnado for training camp

MIAMI—

The Miami Heat now have 15 players under contract, with Friday's announcement of the signings of center Mickell Gladness and forward Jarvis Varnado.

Dolfan3773
09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
MIAMI, September 17 – The Miami HEAT announced today that they have signed center Josh Harrellson. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://www.nba.com/heat/news_recap/heat-signs-josh-harrellson

CamWakeForest
09-18-2012, 01:31 AM
I like the Jorts signing. He's definitely better than Fat Pitt.

thevza
09-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Hopefully this means the end of Pittman's time. He's never going to be an impact player.

Dolfan3773
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Training camp!!!!!! Let's go HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferretsquig
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/WIT_8408-1.jpg

Dex showing off his new look. From 400 lbs to that.....not too shabby.

Dolfan3773
10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Heat drop first preseason game to the Hawks.