PDA

View Full Version : Condoleezza Rice says "no way" to VP for Romney

BAMAPHIN 22
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
In an interview with "CBS This Morning," the formee Secretary of State said,
"there is no way that I will do this," when asked if she would accept a position as the No. 2 on this year's Republican presidential ticket. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-57460324/condoleezza-rice-says-no-way-to-vp-for-romney/?tag=stack

Spesh
06-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Since Rick Perry left the race(as that man was a comedic goldmine), the most amusing thing about this election is those who keep predicting a win for Romney....then when asked to potentially join his staff they respond with "Heeeeeeeeeell no".

rob19
06-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I really hope Herman Cain gets the VP nod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO3ot894Oyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmkvtfEEFT0

The election would be fun again

Spesh
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I really hope Herman Cain gets the VP nod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO3ot894Oyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmkvtfEEFT0

The election would be fun again

Believe Cain has his eyes set on another position...

“We are speaking totally, totally hypothetical, right?” a smiling Cain said. “Department of Defense.”
A visibly surprised Walters exclaimed, “What?”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70485.html#ixzz1yvYP8Xh7

jared81
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Since Rick Perry left the race(as that man was a comedic goldmine), the most amusing thing about this election is those who keep predicting a win for Romney....then when asked to potentially join his staff they respond with "Heeeeeeeeeell no".

whats funny is how you take everythng a conservative says literal. this is what politicans do, they all say no. marco rubio, jeb bush, chris christie, they have all said no. mitt romney will have his choice of VP. they are positioning in case they dont get choosen. dont worry, you will have plenty of time to bash any VP canidate who doesnt agree with everything obama has done.

Spesh
06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
whats funny is how you take everythng a conservative says literal. this is what politicans do, they all say no. marco rubio, jeb bush, chris christie, they have all said no. mitt romney will have his choice of VP. they are positioning in case they dont get choosen. dont worry, you will have plenty of time to bash any VP canidate who doesnt agree with everything obama has done.

You are absolutely correct. My mistake was believing what conservatives say. For that i apologize, i do know better.

jared81
06-26-2012, 05:38 PM
You are absolutely correct. My mistake was believing what conservatives say. For that i apologize, i do know better.

Dang dude. You totally got me.

Why don't you spend more time on all the bs Obama promised you 4 years ago. Instead of lashing out and starting threads that don't prove anything.

Nobody will turn down the vp nod and you know it.

CedarPhin
06-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Who would really want to be a VP on a losing ticket?

Dolphins9954
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Who would really want to be a VP on a losing ticket?

Even though I can't stand both these douchebags Romney has a 100% legit chance to beat Obama. Especially with ours and Europe's sh!tty economy that will only get worse till the election. Add the chaos and mess that is Syria and Egypt and the potential Israeli strike on Iran. Pretty much every variable in this election will most likely hurt Obama. Unless the economy has a miracle recovery and peace comes to the middle east in the following months. Obama is in a lot of trouble and Romney is in a far better situation to beat Obama than Mccain ever had.

Spesh
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Dang dude. You totally got me.

Why don't you spend more time on all the bs Obama promised you 4 years ago. Instead of lashing out and starting threads that don't prove anything.

Nobody will turn down the vp nod and you know it.

I started this thread?

LANGER72
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM

IMHO..They will wait until the last minute to announce because it will allow the liberal media less time to abuse them.

Locke
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
IMHO..They will wait until the last minute to announce because it will allow the liberal media less time to abuse them.

:lol::lol::lol:

CedarPhin
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Even though I can't stand both these douchebags Romney has a 100% legit chance to beat Obama. Especially with ours and Europe's sh!tty economy that will only get worse till the election. Add the chaos and mess that is Syria and Egypt and the potential Israeli strike on Iran. Pretty much every variable in this election will most likely hurt Obama. Unless the economy has a miracle recovery and peace comes to the middle east in the following months. Obama is in a lot of trouble and Romney is in a far better situation to beat Obama than Mccain ever had.

He's going to have to sweep WI, MI, OH, FL, VA, NC, and one of Colorado/Nevada to win. It's just not going to happen. He's the Republican John Kerry, hardly inspiring.

Tetragrammaton
06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
All throughout the early pre-primary campaigning, Republicans continued to be disappointed when their favorite Governors and Senators declined to run, and much of the same is going to happen with the Vice Presidential pick. It is why we ended up with the inevitable Mitt Romney versus a lot of guys no one wanted to run. The Jeb Bush-Mitch Daniels-Chris Christie's of the world see that 2016 is their best chance.

Dolphins9954
06-26-2012, 08:43 PM
He's going to have to sweep WI, MI, OH, FL, VA, NC, and one of Colorado/Nevada to win. It's just not going to happen. He's the Republican John Kerry, hardly inspiring.

A lot can happen from now till the election. Especially on the economy. Obama would be the first president in history to win an election with high unemployment numbers and this sh!tty of an economy. In reality he has a ton stacked up against him. Writing off Romney at this point could easily turn out to be bad prediction.

CedarPhin
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
A lot of things could happen, but they likely won't. I just don't think this is going to be a banner year for the GOP.

Tetragrammaton
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
A lot can happen from now till the election. Especially on the economy. Obama would be the first president in history to win an election with high unemployment numbers and this sh!tty of an economy. In reality he has a ton stacked up against him. Writing off Romney at this point could easily turn out to be bad prediction.

And a lot of things can happen the other way, and Obama beats his last electoral map. The current projections show Obama winning 290-300.

vamadman
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I think Condoleezza Rice as the VP nominee will add a lot of value to Romney's campaign. She has much experience where he does not. I also think she will whip up on Biden in a VP debate.

Dolphins9954
06-26-2012, 10:24 PM
If I had to bet I would bet Obama. But I don't think that's a safe bet at all considering how bad our economy and all our policies are. Fact is Obama doesn't deserve to win he's a horrible president. Unfortunately the GOP put up a horrible candidate too. In the end we all lose.

rob19
06-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I think Condoleezza Rice as the VP nominee will add a lot of value to Romney's campaign. She has much experience where he does not. I also think she will whip up on Biden in a VP debate.

She's also a black-woman, & as unfair, archaic, and backwards as it is, I think it'd cost Romney a lot of Middle America's conservative "Good ol' Boy" vote whom are itching to see the black-guy out of high-office. I think Romney's best served with a white guy, any white guy.

I know that sounds awful, but unfortunately I think it's reality. It's not reality for all people obviously, but for a lot it is.

jared81
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I started this thread?

You took it over with your comedy routine. Answer the question, do you think ANYONE would turn down the VP nod? It's a simple question, hopefully you can process it.

vamadman
06-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I would love to see Herman Cain get the VP nod. But is sounds like he will be a full time talk radio host this January when Neal Boortz retires in January from the job.

Spesh
06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
You took it over with your comedy routine. Answer the question, do you think ANYONE would turn down the VP nod? It's a simple question, hopefully you can process it.

Yup. Multiple people already have. As well, if there was ever a winnable election, this was it. Yet multiple people turned down a chance to run for the presidency. If they would turn down a chance for the big job, why would they jump up for second fiddle? As Tentra pointed out, many are waiting until 2016.

Oh no! I mentioned how a politcian was amusing! I even pointed out a amusing contradiction! What a dastardly ploy that you have uncovered! I forgot that the "proper" attitude was to remain at a barely contained fury at all times until you can identify and neutralize all those godless commie liberals.
I must give credit where credit is due however, and i believe in positive reinforcement even for what some(many/most/all) would consider a sign of basic intelligence: you successfully identified that i did not create this thread. Well done sir, well done.

jared81
06-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Yup. Multiple people already have. As well, if there was ever a winnable election, this was it. Yet multiple people turned down a chance to run for the presidency. If they would turn down a chance for the big job, why would they jump up for second fiddle? As Tentra pointed out, many are waiting until 2016.

Oh no! I mentioned how a politcian was amusing! I even pointed out a amusing contradiction! What a dastardly ploy that you have uncovered! I forgot that the "proper" attitude was to remain at a barely contained fury at all times until you can identify and neutralize all those godless commie liberals.
I must give credit where credit is due however, and i believe in positive reinforcement even for what some(many/most/all) would consider a sign of basic intelligence: you successfully identified that i did not create this thread. Well done sir, well done.

Please tell us all, since you have so much insight and sway with the Romney campaign. Or did you hear it on the daily show, so it must be true.

Spesh
06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Please tell us all, since you have so much insight and sway with the Romney campaign. Or did you hear it on the daily show, so it must be true.

Tell you which part? Who didnt run for president this year? Well, many pushed for Chris Christie to run and he refused, multiple times. Marco Rubio was pushed for a few months and refused.

Oh vice-presidency? Well...

Sen. Marco Rubio said today he would decline any offer from Mitt Romney to be a part of the GOP ticket this fall.
“I don’t want to be the vice president,” the Florida Republican said during an interview with Major Garrett of the National Journal.
“So, if Mitt Romney asks, you will you say no?” Garrett asked.
“Yes. But you know he’s not going to ask. That doesn’t work. He’s watching this interview right now,” Rubio, 40, said.
Rubio even went as far as recommending another U.S. senator for Romney to consider in his VP vetting: Ohio Sen. Rob Portman.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/marco-rubio-says-he-would-turn-down-vp-slot-if-asked/

Mr Bush refused to rule out standing in 2016, but said he had no interest in becoming the vice presidential running mate of Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate who Mr Bush only endorsed long after the nomination race had ceased to be competitive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9317697/US-election-2012-Jeb-Bush-says-2012-was-probably-my-time.html

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels appears to have taken himself out of consideration to be Mitt Romney’s running mate by reportedly accepting a job as the president of Purdue University.
Mr. Daniels, a popular second-term Republican governor, flirted for months with a run for the Republican presidential nomination before announcing last May he wouldn’t throw his hat into the ring. A former budget director to President George W. Bush and Eli Lilly executive, Mr. Daniels has been among a coterie of Republican governors and ex-governors rumored to be on Mr. Romney’s shortlist for vice president. His term ends in January.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/06/19/indianas-mitch-daniels-exits-vp-race/

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (puh-LEN'-tee) says he's told Mitt Romney's presidential campaign to look elsewhere for a running mate.

http://news.yahoo.com/pawlenty-says-look-elsewhere-potential-vp-172527123.html

Then, of course, theres the Rice refusal which started this thread.

rob19
06-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Or did you hear it on the daily show, so it must be true.

Love me some Daily Show

jared81
06-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Tell you which part? Who didnt run for president this year? Well, many pushed for Chris Christie to run and he refused, multiple times. Marco Rubio was pushed for a few months and refused.

Oh vice-presidency? Well...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/marco-rubio-says-he-would-turn-down-vp-slot-if-asked/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9317697/US-election-2012-Jeb-Bush-says-2012-was-probably-my-time.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/06/19/indianas-mitch-daniels-exits-vp-race/

http://news.yahoo.com/pawlenty-says-look-elsewhere-potential-vp-172527123.html

Then, of course, theres the Rice refusal which started this thread.

this is what politicians do, to prove it, here is a clip of joe biden and bill clinton saying obama isnt ready to be president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYty1PgHEg

or how about this article where hillary clnton says obama isnt ready to lead:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_162-3896372-502443.html

this is called pandering. in the case of denying that one wants to be vice president, politicians do it so that their constituants dont think they are "looking for something better", because if they dont get selected as the nominee, their opponent in the next election will use this against them.

in rices case, its more about ego, she doesnt want to be dissed by romney. im kind of surprised i have to explain this to you.

Spesh
06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
this is what politicians do, to prove it, here is a clip of joe biden and bill clinton saying obama isnt ready to be president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYty1PgHEg

or how about this article where hillary clnton says obama isnt ready to lead:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_162-3896372-502443.html

this is called pandering. in the case of denying that one wants to be vice president, politicians do it so that their constituants dont think they are "looking for something better", because if they dont get selected as the nominee, their opponent in the next election will use this against them.

in rices case, its more about ego, she doesnt want to be dissed by romney. im kind of surprised i have to explain this to you.

And when those same individuals refuse to run for the big office in a year that is completely winnable, thats called "just good politics!". Because, you know, who in the hell wants to be president when they can be vice-president! It all makes sense now! When every single one of them say one thing i should take it that they mean the exact opposite. Its so obvious! When someone tells the public "I have called the Romney campaign, told them no thank you, and taken a job at a college university" they are just trying to build suspense! Everyone knows when you get offered a job you covet the first thing you are suppose to do is repeatedly and publically refuse it for months at a time! And who wouldnt covet a chance to become the next Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, John Edwards, Al Gore, Jack Kemp, or Dan Quayle! They all continued to have such sterling political careers after they got slotted for the VP job!

Many of those who are slotted for Romney's VP are up and coming politicians who would look good in 2016 or even 2020. Why would they play second fiddle to a candidate no one is particularly excited for when they have a chance at the big leagues in a few short years? Why not gain experience and relationships instead of attaching yourself to something risky? The vice presidency hasnt exactly been a great stepping stool for political careers in the last 20 years.

Not a single one of the candidates i brought up is currently running against Romney. Not a single one is involved in anyway except for developing their own political careers outside this presidential race. The two people you brought up were actively campaigning to beat Obama when they stated he wasnt ready to lead. And by that logic, Romney is currently endorsing Obama for 4 more years. Interesting. I mean, after all, we are suppose to believe what they arent saying, right?

Vaark
06-27-2012, 01:27 PM
if worse comes to worse the jingoistic pandering bimbo quitter who could not even last one term of what is probably one of the easiest governorships would gladly throw her panties in the ring (that's of course if someone would point her in the right direction.

jared81
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
And when those same individuals refuse to run for the big office in a year that is completely winnable, thats called "just good politics!". Because, you know, who in the hell wants to be president when they can be vice-president! It all makes sense now! When every single one of them say one thing i should take it that they mean the exact opposite. Its so obvious! When someone tells the public "I have called the Romney campaign, told them no thank you, and taken a job at a college university" they are just trying to build suspense! Everyone knows when you get offered a job you covet the first thing you are suppose to do is repeatedly and publically refuse it for months at a time! And who wouldnt covet a chance to become the next Joe Biden, Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, John Edwards, Al Gore, Jack Kemp, or Dan Quayle! They all continued to have such sterling political careers after they got slotted for the VP job!

Many of those who are slotted for Romney's VP are up and coming politicians who would look good in 2016 or even 2020. Why would they play second fiddle to a candidate no one is particularly excited for when they have a chance at the big leagues in a few short years? Why not gain experience and relationships instead of attaching yourself to something risky? The vice presidency hasnt exactly been a great stepping stool for political careers in the last 20 years.

Not a single one of the candidates i brought up is currently running against Romney. Not a single one is involved in anyway except for developing their own political careers outside this presidential race. The two people you brought up were actively campaigning to beat Obama when they stated he wasnt ready to lead. And by that logic, Romney is currently endorsing Obama for 4 more years. Interesting. I mean, after all, we are suppose to believe what they arent saying, right?

We will just have to agree to disagree. Let's remember this thread in a few months. I believe I will be right when I say the nominee will be one of the people who have already said no. You know as well as I know that Chris Christie and marco Rubio dont have enough experience to win the presidency. Look at the jerk off we have in office now for an example of inexperience.

Spesh
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree. Let's remember this thread in a few months. I believe I will be right when I say the nominee will be one of the people who have already said no. You know as well as I know that Chris Christie and marco Rubio dont have enough experience to win the presidency. Look at the jerk off we have in office now for an example of inexperience.

......You have successfully repeated a point i made. They do not have much experience at the moment, so they will probably join in on the 2016 election or, at worst, 2020 election.

If it is one of the people who has said no, then fair enough. Im going by the statements they make. When they repeatedly say "Romney will win...wait do i want to join? Heeeeeell no", then i amusingly take them at their word. If they end up backtracking, i'll chuckle at that also. Either way, i have no doubt hilarity will ensue. I just miss the Perry and Cain duo.

Spesh
06-27-2012, 03:01 PM
if worse comes to worse the jingoistic pandering bimbo quitter who could not even last one term of what is probably one of the easiest governorships would gladly throw her panties in the ring (that's of course if someone would point her in the right direction.

The only thing better then Palin joining the ticket is if Trump does. Though i find Trump's inept narcissism more amusing then Palin's brain damage, either will bring much laughs.