PDA

View Full Version : Pre Meditated Thrill Killing

GoonBoss
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
While a nationwide wringing of hands with ashes and sack cloth takes place over
Treyvon....

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/06/23/another-premeditated-brutal-thrill-killing-60-year-old-wilmington-nc-delivery-driver/

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) (http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/06/22/first-3-suspects-delivery-drivers-death-no-strangers-to-trouble-mom-defends-murder-suspec)Three of the four suspects charged as adults in connection to the murder of a Chinese food delivery driver are no strangers to trouble. A 15-year-old boy has also been charged, but information on him is protected, because he is a juvenile.

The 15-year-old and Cornell Dwayne Haugabook Jr., 20, are charged with murder and armed robbery of Zhen Bo Liu, 60, who was found dead in a car near 13th and Queen Streets June 14. Investigators say Liu was delivering food for a Chinese restaurant when he was killed and robbed of his delivery. Investigators say the suspects then took the $48 worth of food home and ate it.
The StarNews reports the group planned the robbery before ordering the food. Assistant District Attorney Jason Smith said the 15-year-old shot Liu in the foot and then Haugabook shot him in the face, killing him. The two returned to a nearby house and shared the food with the others.

Where's the outrage for Zhen?

Could it be that race is a factor?

cbreeden
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Could it be that race is a factor?

You honestly think Sharpton and Jackson would touch this with a ten-foot pole? Victimization won't work for them this time.

PhinzN703
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
The difference here is that the T. Martin case is still unclear regarding what exactly happened. I don't know why Sharpton or Jackson would speak up over this particular crime seeing as it's apparently obvious these pieces of **** murdered the delivery man for no reason.

CedarPhin
06-27-2012, 04:09 AM
There were two dudes in Montana who smoked crack and killed the local HS math teacher in a bizarre killing. It can happen anywhere, because there are a **** ton of crazy people in this country.

GoonBoss
06-27-2012, 04:51 AM
The difference here is that the T. Martin case is still unclear regarding what exactly happened. I don't know why Sharpton or Jackson would speak up over this particular crime seeing as it's apparently obvious these pieces of **** murdered the delivery man for no reason.
Fair enough....

But.....

Is anyone saying

"If I had a son, he would look like Zhen?"

I'd like to know where the outrage is.

Two Tacos
06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Were the killers not arrested? That's what sparked the initial outage and interest. Your comparison is apples to bricks. It's not that a young black man was killed, it's not even that a young black man was killed for seemingly being young and black, (I know that is debatable) it's that he was killed and his confessed killer wasn't even charged, the last part being key. Young black men are killed relatively often in this country.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

GoonBoss
06-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Were the killers not arrested? That's what sparked the initial outage and interest. Your comparison is apples to bricks. It's not that a young black man was killed, it's not even that a young black man was killed for seemingly being young and black, (I know that is debatable) it's that he was killed and his confessed killer wasn't even charged, the last part being key. Young black men are killed relatively often in this country.

So it has to be a young black man?

Young white men have been set on fire in east St Louis by young black men.

I just wonder where justice is.

Why don't we hear about these things in any sort of nationwide outcry?

Two Tacos
06-27-2012, 07:57 AM
So it has to be a young black man?

Young white men have been set on fire in east St Louis by young black men.

I just wonder where justice is.

Why don't we hear about these things in any sort of nationwide outcry?

Reread my post please. You missed the point entirely.

GoonBoss
06-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Reread my post please. You missed the point entirely.

Oh, I'm sure I did.

We have a POTUS weighing in on one person's side;

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said, underscoring how the issue affected him on a personal, and not just a political or legal, level. "I think [Trayvon's parents] are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

I wonder what would have happened if it would have been a white person.

Never mind. White people are being burned to death in St Louis.
No POTUS intervention there.

Police in Kansas City are investigating a possible hate crime after a 13-year-old boy was doused in gasoline and set on fire. According to Allen Goin’s mother, the attack occurred just as her son was getting home from school. She said, “They rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open…one of them poured gasoline, then flicked the Bic and said, ‘This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve white boy.’”

So.......Obama's son looks like Treyvon, but doesn't look like a white kid chased down and burned to death?

Two Tacos
06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Oh, I'm sure I did.

We have a POTUS weighing in on one person's side;

I wonder what would have happened if it would have been a white person.

Never mind. White people are being burned to death in St Louis.
No POTUS intervention there.

So.......Obama's son looks like Treyvon, but doesn't look like a white kid chased down and burned to death?

I suspect that you are being deliberately obtuse here. Find an example were a someone killed a white guy, confessed to it, and wasn't charged. That's what brought the attention to the case. The fact the killing was initially considered legal, ultimately I suspect that it will be ruled legal as well.

cbreeden
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I suspect that you are being deliberately obtuse here. Find an example were a someone killed a white guy, confessed to it, and wasn't charged. That's what brought the attention to the case. The fact the killing was initially considered legal, ultimately I suspect that it will be ruled legal as well.

Since when did Zimmerman NOT get charged? He's sitting in a cell on manslaughter charges as we type.

I'm pretty sure you missed Goon's point: No public outrage for killing an innocent human being. This story didn't make national news nor did it involve the POTUS making statements about a would-be child looking like the victim. So the point of race being the issue is a valid one. If Liu had been black and his killers a different race, would we have seen this on something other than a local news channel? My opinion is hell yes we would have.

Two Tacos
06-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Since when did Zimmerman NOT get charged? He's sitting in a cell on manslaughter charges as we type.

I'm pretty sure you missed Goon's point: No public outrage for killing an innocent human being. This story didn't make national news nor did it involve the POTUS making statements about a would-be child looking like the victim. So the point of race being the issue is a valid one. If Liu had been black and his killers a different race, would we have seen this on something other than a local news channel? My opinion is hell yes we would have.

The killing occurred on Febuary 26th, the charges came April 11th. I didn't miss his point, his point was incorrect, and I addressed his point. Something that only you have done to my point in this thread. If martin is charged in February, Obama never hears about the case. The reason the case made headlines was the lack of charges. I can post stories about minorities getting killed for being minorities that never made national news, but what would be the point? The murder below happened around same time and got little press:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120325/NEWS06/120325007/Muslim-woman-with-Michigan-ties-beaten-to-death-in-California

An Iraqi-American woman who used to live in Dearborn was found beaten to death at her home near San Diego in what might possibly be a hate crime. A note calling her a terrorist and saying she should go back to her country was left next to her body, according to friends and family members.

What does this prove?