PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Phins fans

COphinphan89
06-26-2012, 09:44 PM
I know there's a few more of you on here. Stay safe all. This fire is getting real bad. People on the west side of town barely have enough time to evacuate. Lot of people I know are either out or are getting ready to and can't work because businesses are evacuating too. Never seen anything like this here.

Dolfan3773
06-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Be safe man...good luck

dreday
06-26-2012, 10:25 PM
they say flying w ranch is gone...

COphinphan89
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
they say flying w ranch is gone...
Just heard it on the radio. Really, really sad. I LOVED going there when I was a kid and even a teenager just for the food. The music was hokey but the jokes were usually funny. We used to take relatives from out of town there all the time.

All gone.

COphinphan89
06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
There be no shelter here.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/564058_482686678412506_1247127765_n-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Air Force football stadium in the foreground. I can see this from where I live on the eastern edge of town.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/602535_10151001801017188_983464084_n-1.jpg

Vaark
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey my ex sister in law (actually much nicer than her sister) lives in a sprawling ranch style home with nothing behind her to the east but Pikes Peak.. loads of wild life coming up to the door. So she's on that last street in a nice semi rural neighborhood. Can't remember the name of the road(maybe Mesa or something like that)as its been over 10 years since I've been there. Based on that general location does anyone have an idea if she's basically and hopefully safe?

TIA

Dolfan3773
06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
There be no shelter here.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/564058_482686678412506_1247127765_n-1.jpg

Air Force football stadium in the foreground. I can see this from where I live on the eastern edge of town.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/06/602535_10151001801017188_983464084_n-1.jpg

Damn man...that's ****ing serious. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys

COphinphan89
06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Hey my ex sister in law (actually much nicer than her sister) lives in a sprawling ranch style home with nothing behind her to the east but Pikes Peak.. loads of wild life coming up to the door. So she's on that last street in a nice semi rural neighborhood. Can't remember the name of the road(maybe Mesa or something like that)as its been over 10 years since I've been there. Based on that general location does anyone have an idea if she's basically and hopefully safe?

TIA
Well where we are in the Springs, Pikes Peak is to our west. If she lives on the east side of Pikes Peak then I think she should be alright. I don't know for certain. You know what town she lives in?

Ricky4Life
06-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Good luck and stay safe.

CedarPhin
06-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Looks pretty gnarly. Hope you stay safe.

DisturbedShifty
06-27-2012, 04:09 AM
Yeah this **** is nuts. I work at a hotel and we are sold out because of the fire. Word around town is that all hotels are sold out in Cannon City, La Junta, Trinidad and Denver. I figured we would get some evacuees, but I didn't expect it this soon.

Funky Fin
06-27-2012, 05:08 AM
I live in the Stetson Hills area currently 4 miles directly West of the fires and evacuations. Scary doesn't even begin to describe what happened yesterday. During the 4:00 press conference you could see the fire start to break the Queens Canyon ridge and by 5:00 it was just pouring down the sides of the ridge which can be seen in the first picture that COphinphan89 posted. It's been raining ash in my backyard all day long. Some the size of dollar bills and larger. They don't expect containment (not putting the fire out, just containment) for another 3-4 weeks and we're only in day 4. My heart and prayers go out to the evacuees and firefighters. Hoping my wife and newborn don't have to leave, but we've got our bags packed and are expecting it. Tragic. Straight up tragic.

God bless the brave.

Funky Fin
06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Preliminary and unconfirmed reports now have the fire at 24 square miles and over 15,000 acres. (yesterday was only 9 sq m and 5,100 acres). Just incredible. Official press conference in 5 minutes.

Official update: 15,324 acres.
The fire tripled in size in 24 hours.

cbreeden
06-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Over 32K evacuated and several hundred buildings and homes destroyed. My daughter and grandson are packed but haven't had to leave yet as they live off of San Miguel close to downtown. Funky, Dre, COphin and others please stay safe as many other friends have already lost their homes.

dreday
06-27-2012, 01:28 PM
I live in the Stetson Hills area currently 4 miles directly West of the fires and evacuations. Scary doesn't even begin to describe what happened yesterday. During the 4:00 press conference you could see the fire start to break the Queens Canyon ridge and by 5:00 it was just pouring down the sides of the ridge which can be seen in the first picture that COphinphan89 posted. It's been raining ash in my backyard all day long. Some the size of dollar bills and larger. They don't expect containment (not putting the fire out, just containment) for another 3-4 weeks and we're only in day 4. My heart and prayers go out to the evacuees and firefighters. Hoping my wife and newborn don't have to leave, but we've got our bags packed and are expecting it. Tragic. Straight up tragic.

God bless the brave.

so you live very close to me...you over by the "holy cow"?

Funky Fin
06-28-2012, 03:10 AM
so you live very close to me...you over by the "holy cow"?

Yeah, the place with the rooftop bar. Just moved here from the Denver area about a month ago and we have a newborn so I haven't made it over there. I also haven't known what sleep is the past few weeks either. Any good places around here to catch a Fins game?

BTW, Glad some of the immediate threat of the fire slowed down today. Weather started to cooperate slightly by offering a little bit of moisture. Firefighters are working thier asses off to protect the NW and keep the evacs West of 25.

Chameleon
06-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Sitting at about 29 sq. miles (18500 acres) now... It was nice getting some (not much) moisture, but the wind and lightning the storm to the north brought us sure didn't help... Hoping for cooler days, more moisture, and less wind.

East side of the Springs here... Galley and Powers area... Lots of smoky and quite a bit of ash, but nothing too frightening close yet.

DisturbedShifty
06-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Yeah, the place with the rooftop bar. Just moved here from the Denver area about a month ago and we have a newborn so I haven't made it over there. I also haven't known what sleep is the past few weeks either. Any good places around here to catch a Fins game?

BTW, Glad some of the immediate threat of the fire slowed down today. Weather started to cooperate slightly by offering a little bit of moisture. Firefighters are working thier asses off to protect the NW and keep the evacs West of 25.
I would love to put together a Colorado Fin Heaven meet and greet sometime. I would say find a bar that shows the Phins games in Springs. That way it is between Denver and Pueblo. I think it would fun has hell.

dreday
06-28-2012, 01:32 PM

you are in luck..there is a place called kelly obrians here.ive been watching fins games there along with ,on average 20-45 dolphins fans every sunday for about the last 16 years.let me know,i know you have a newborn,but hopefully you can get away for some games on sundays.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I would love to put together a Colorado Fin Heaven meet and greet sometime. I would say find a bar that shows the Phins games in Springs. That way it is between Denver and Pueblo. I think it would fun has hell.

oh yeah,we already do it..people even come in from parker every week to watch fins games.

cbreeden
06-28-2012, 02:14 PM
you are in luck..there is a place called kelly obrians here.ive been watching fins games there along with ,on average 20-45 dolphins fans every sunday for about the last 16 years.let me know,i know you have a newborn,but hopefully you can get away for some games on sundays.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

oh yeah,we already do it..people even come in from parker every week to watch fins games.

Is that the one on Academy in front of Target?

SpurzN703
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Best of luck guys. I hope everyone stays safe

dreday
06-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Is that the one on Academy in front of Target?

it is..have you been before?

cbreeden
06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
it is..have you been before?

Did three St Patty's days there several years ago. Lived in the Springs for 11 years during the 90s and 00s. Really bummin' about the fire.

COphinphan89
06-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah I'm off of Woodmen just west of Powers so I wasn't really in any danger, but we could see the drama pretty well from where we were. Looks like they're lifting a few of the evac zones. People who didn't know whether or not their homes were gone found out tonight.

I've gone to Kelly's for Phins games a few times but I stopped showing up after the first couple games last season. Wasn't worth going there every week to watch this team lose again and again. That and the Chiefs fans. But I'll be back for this season. That is until we start 0-7 again.