PDA

View Full Version : How Hot is it?

JCane
06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
106 degrees here in Greenville, South Carolina.

Now I've lived in different parts of the country, but I'll take the South over any of it every single time.

**** shoveling snow off of my sidewalk in Philadelphia. I don't have to shovel heat here in the greatness of the South.

Most people are miserable in this kind of weather but I love it. Absolute best. All the pretty ladies lounging by the pool and I'm about to head that way after a trip to the liquor store to grab some Margaritas.

Probably head out for a solid two-mile run later on this afternoon as well.

How hot is it where you are today?

Tunaphish429
06-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Right now its a perfect 78 degrees out...Going up to 87...

Not bad..I too love the heat..of course I was born in Miami...and shoveling snow sucks..we actually had a light winter this year tho...which was great.

I sit in a air conditioned office too tho...some ppl are out there working in this weather....those are the ppl I feel bad for...

Funky Fin
06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
We're having record heat here in Colorado being in the high 90's, and I'm loving every minute of it (besides the wildfires of course). Born and raised in South Florida. I miss the heat and the humidity. I only enjoy Colorado for about 3 months. The rest of the 9 bitter cold months can kiss my ass. Can't wait to move back to the South. You don't have to shovel sunshine.

PhinsPhan11
06-29-2012, 11:03 AM
It's going to be in the upper 90's here. Might get all the way to 100.

Ricky4Life
06-29-2012, 11:16 AM
In AZ its suppose to hit 113 today. Good thing I am on vacation in San Deigo with a high of 80.

Gonzo
06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm in Toronto for the weekend and it's 88 degrees. Not bad at all, though the humidity kinda sucks when I'm at a house with no A/C. I'll be hanging out by the pool all day.

I love the weather in the south when I'm near water or in New Orleans. It absolutely sucks when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere Louisiana with no ladies in bikinis (or no ladies that you want to see in bikinis).

Thumper1016
06-29-2012, 11:20 AM
It has been hitting the 100's the last 3 days here in Wheatland WY.

Clipse
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
101 degrees right now Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. Ridiculous.

PhinsPhan11
06-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I've barely set foot outside today. It's too freakin hot.

JCane
06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
I've barely set foot outside today. It's too freakin hot.

Been outside most of the day. Pretty sure I lost several pounds being stuck in the lunch rush traffic.

Good stuff.

Nublar7
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
97 degrees right now where I am.

PhinsPhan11
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Been outside most of the day. Pretty sure I lost several pounds being stuck in the lunch rush traffic.

Good stuff.
That sounds fun.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

97 degrees right now where I am.
Where do you live in PA?

tylerdolphin
06-29-2012, 05:16 PM
94 degrees here. 94% humidity on top of that. Spent my day pouring concrete. FML.

Bumpus
06-29-2012, 05:35 PM
96 here.

BTW, just what the hell is wrong with snow? Y'all are soft. :)

Bumpus
06-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Hmmm ...

Sounds like an interesting storm is on it's way to Casa de Bump.

It just cleared Columbus, OH and according to my uncle it's featuring 80mph winds & a 30 degree temp. drop in 30 minutes. So much for 90+ degree weather. :idk:

COphinphan89
06-29-2012, 08:29 PM
It's seldom gotten below 90 here during the day for the last couple weeks. I was out working today and sweating like hell. Being from Florida originally, I love the heat and here there isn't the humidity so it's a little better. **** the snow. I hate the winter. The wildfires suck, but that's almost gone.

Nublar7
06-29-2012, 08:34 PM
That sounds fun.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Where do you live in PA?A little over a hour and a half west of Philadelphia.

DphinBillkiller
06-29-2012, 09:28 PM
It's hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock here in my neck of the woods. Nearly triple digit heat.

PhinsPhan11
06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
A little over a hour and a half west of Philadelphia.
Nice. I live just outside of Philly, and I really like where I live.

Locke
06-30-2012, 03:40 AM
I was outside all day in Las Cruces, NM for the Vans Warped Tour. It was a reported high of 104. I love the heat personally, must be my middle eastern roots...

DzakkH13
06-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I live in Flagstaff, AZ and it has been close to 90 for the high lately.

We still get a few large winter storms a year, a couple feet of snow each time so saying we have a unique climate here is an understatement.

Lived in Phoenix for several years and had plenty of 110+ degree days so I would gladly shovel some snow than rather be burned to a crisp haha.

The Confessor
06-30-2012, 06:38 AM
103 Yesterday here in Dallas.

We had a run last year of 72 out of 77 consecutive days at 105 or higher. You can freakin HAVE it!!!

Over 85 and I am plain uncomfortable. I'll take snow up to my a$$ and beyond anyday of any week. Anybody scared of shoveling snow can buy a damned snow-blower, and you can always add layers, but can only take so many off.

Supposed to hover right around 100 here until.....welll for too goddammed long....but at least it's not as crappy as it was in Tucson where it would still be 98 at 2:00 in the freakin morning....for 9 months of the year.....

JCane
06-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Got up around 5:30AM this morning to take the dog out.

It was already 88 and stuffy. My kind of morning. Gonna do some housework early this morning and hit the pool around 10:00AM with a bucket of Margaritas. Listen to some baseball games on the radio and just sit poolside for about 8 hours.

No way would I take snow over this.

Funky Fin
06-30-2012, 07:58 AM
96 here.

BTW, just what the hell is wrong with snow? Y'all are soft. :)

You can call me whatever you want, I ****in' hate winter. If it's below 75, I'm in sweats and a hoodie.

Dolfan3773
07-01-2012, 09:47 PM
94 and humid as ****...I'll take this over rain and snow everyday. I work outside so I'm used to this heat. Doesn't bother me at all.

JCane
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Drove by the bank today and I swear the digital sign out front said 120.

No way is that accurate but it was just crazy to see that. I think today was definitely the hottest of the three.

Phinatic8u
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Been about 100 everyday for a week

NY8123
07-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I gotta get my boat in the water. I had some problems with it two seasons ago and I couldn't get in lakeside last year. It's been middle 90's here in upstate NY for days straight and it isn't supposed to get any cooler. I love floating on the lake, nothing but a cooler of beer and good friends and family. We floated on my dads boat Saturday, I smashed a bottle of Jack and diet.

But I must say, NY loves winter too, I love the snow and ice, I just unload the snowmobile and strap a softside cooler on the back of the sled and cruise for the day. Nothing in sight but more snow, woods and wild life. If it has to do with being outside anytime of the year I love to do it, warm or cold it doesn't matter to me.

JCane
07-02-2012, 04:42 AM
I gotta get my boat in the water. I had some problems with it two seasons ago and I couldn't get in lakeside last year. It's been middle 90's here in upstate NY for days straight and it isn't supposed to get any cooler. I love floating on the lake, nothing but a cooler of beer and good friends and family. We floated on my dads boat Saturday, I smashed a bottle of Jack and diet.

But I must say, NY loves winter too, I love the snow and ice, I just unload the snowmobile and strap a softside cooler on the back of the sled and cruise for the day. Nothing in sight but more snow, woods and wild life. If it has to do with being outside anytime of the year I love to do it, warm or cold it doesn't matter to me.

Where do I send my resume to get a job that allows me to live the life that you do?

:lol:

NY8123
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Where do I send my resume to get a job that allows me to live the life that you do?

:lol:

Ugh bro I have been sacrificing a lot for my life lately. Last year I was out of the my home state six solid months with four of those overseas. This year I have two months in Kentucky and three weeks in Taiwan with another month in Japan on the horizon come Labor Day.

I'm just lucky I have a girl with the patience of a saint and a heart of gold and a son who is so understanding. I make time J, I have too or I would go nuts at work. I work to live, so many people I know live to work. **** that ****, I have too much fun **** I want to do to be worried about working myself to death.

I guess I live my life not worrying about what everyone else has and does but I would rather live in a modest little ranch house and drive a paid off 02 Tahoe and and have the extra cash to drive to a lake or beach and relax and drink my booze. But I will say with the sacrifice comes the play days, just told my group manager right after he welcomed me back this morning not to expect to see me after the 4th of July, I am going off the reservation for some R&R this week! lol.

Vaark
07-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Right now here in SoFL my digital thermometer is literally reading 99.9 out back... way too early in the morning to hit 6 digits!

NY8123
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
We are getting mid 80's low 90's all week with the nights in the 50's. It is perfect in every way!

Bumpus
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Cooling down a bit here - 89 right now, dipping into the 60's tonight.

The plan? The 'ol trusty cooler at my side, a fire at my back, & the Ohio River stretching out before me. Here fishy, fishy, fishy ... :up:

CalDolFan1014
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Well consider this....tomorrow's forecast high of 99 degrees is about 5-6 degrees below average for this time of year here. Usually it should be about 106 this time of year and CAN get up to 117+ by now. But hey it's a dry heat! :D Unless you don't mind an occasional monsoon every now and then. :ponder:

Hey, at least winters are nice here...no snow to shovel!

cbreeden
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Last three weeks it had been hitting triple digits daily but this past weekend the monsoons have begun to develop and it's only getting in the upper 90s. Love the winters down here as I ride the RK every day!

To answer the question:

Hot as a two-d**k dog in August.
I saw a bird pulling a worm out of the ground with a pot holder.
I learned that seat-belts make good branding irons.
I saw squirrels fanning their nuts.