PDA

View Full Version : Why the Dolphins Can Beat the New York Jets

Pages : [1] 2 3

Czonka39
07-01-2012, 12:57 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1239507-why-miami-dolphins-can-beat-each-afc-east-team#/articles/1239507-why-miami-dolphins-can-beat-each-afc-east-team/page/2

"For starters, the New York Jets won't be competitors this season.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished dead last in the AFC East":lol:

JCane
07-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Bleacher Report.

That story is written like the writer came to FinHeaven and just randomly quoted, copied, and combined posts from the majority homers.

Writer could have very easily have said, "Like the Miami Dolphins, the Jets are a below average football team, too" and left it at that to get his point across.

mega-fin-love
07-01-2012, 01:33 AM
And, then, there's the biggest question mark of them all: Mark Sanchez (http://bleacherreport.com/mark-sanchez)....hahahahahahaha

BenchFiedler
07-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Writer could have very easily have said, "Like the Miami Dolphins, the Jets are a below average football team, too" and left it at that to get his point across.

I know as a Supermod, your job is to enforce the rules of this forum.. But judging from your anti-dolphins/negative posts, aren't you supposed to be a homer as well???

insomnia411
07-01-2012, 05:30 AM
I know that we can beat the Jets, we've done it a lot over the past few years. I'm not interested in just beating the Jets, I'm interested in winning the damn Super Bowl.

jlfin
07-01-2012, 05:58 AM
The reality is that the Phins were a much better team than the Jets over the last half of the season. Moreover, the Phins had a better offseason IMO and if Rex is anything like his father (in terms of coaching style) his act is wearing thin with the team. They will implode this season.
The hiring of Sparano as OC is also a step back from Schottenheimer IMO

DolfanISS
07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
this will be a 10 page thread once NYJUNC sees it. 10 pages to what will probably be a season split at the end of the day.

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
A minor positive article? Obviously this is pure homerism because everyone knows this team has no positives and has no chance. They are not being "accurate" in their article.

JCane
07-01-2012, 08:23 AM
A minor positive article? Obviously this is pure homerism because everyone knows this team has no positives and has no chance. They are not being "accurate" in their article.

Wonder who that is directed at.

Vaark
07-01-2012, 08:27 AM
****. Now you've done it. Watch this thread implode including meandering over to one of the Mannings once someone regains weekday online privileges.

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Wonder who that is directed at.

Generic statement, of course.

JCane
07-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Generic statement, of course.

Oh, but of course. Hence the quotes.

Adam Strange
07-01-2012, 10:49 AM
An article needs to be written to defend the proposition that the Dolphins can beat the Jets? The Dolphins have finished with a losing record for the last three seasons. Their record against the Jets during that same span is 4-2 (and if you include Sparano's only winning season, the Dolphins' record against the Jets is 5-3). Basically the Dolphins have been a subpar team for a while now and they haven't had any problem beating the Jets. As for beating the Browns (not to mention the Patriots) . . . that's been a problem; the Jets not so much. This team is a mirror image of the late 90s-early 00s team that was much better than this one, but would always lose to the Jets.

DolfanISS
07-01-2012, 11:32 AM
An article needs to be written to defend the proposition that the Dolphins can beat the Jets? The Dolphins have finished with a losing record for the last three seasons. Their record against the Jets during that same span is 4-2 (and if you include Sparano's only winning season, the Dolphins' record against the Jets is 5-3). Basically the Dolphins have been a subpar team for a while now and they haven't had any problem beating the Jets. As for beating the Browns (not to mention the Patriots) . . . that's been a problem; the Jets not so much. This team is a mirror image of the late 90s-early 00s team that was much better than this one, but would always lose to the Jets.

Agreed especially the Texans, now there's a team that gives us big trouble. Jets, not so much.

sinPHIN
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
hhhmmm bc they are overrated as hell. we beat them what 5 out of the last 7 or 8.
phins are better at qb
phins better back feild
phins better line
phins better te's
jets better wrs
phins better front 7
jets better cbs
push at safties
phins better k and p

fishfanmiami
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
i think the Bills will give us more trouble than the Jets. The Bill's make some progress in the off season. The Jets ? Not so much.

PhinsPhan11
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
I know as a Supermod, your job is to enforce the rules of this forum.. But judging from your anti-dolphins/negative posts, aren't you supposed to be a homer as well???
There's a difference between being realistic and anti-dolphins.

SuperMarksBros.
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
So the bleacher report is ok when its a positive article?

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 12:37 PM
So the bleacher report is ok when its a positive article?

No, still a garbage site. I didn't even bother clicking the link or reading the article. I just find it funny that anything positive said is called "homerism" and anything negative is "the truth" or "being realistic".

BenchFiedler
07-01-2012, 12:48 PM
There's a difference between being realistic and anti-dolphins.

Right now, we are undefeated 0 - 0. We don't know what the team will look like this season and we might surprise. So yes... There is a difference between optimism/hope and pessimism.

abNORMal
07-01-2012, 01:04 PM
That article is about why we have a shot against each team in our division, not just the Jets, and could have been written in just three words: ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

No offense to the OP, but it smells like this was posted as Junc bait.

JCane
07-01-2012, 01:10 PM
No, still a garbage site. I didn't even bother clicking the link or reading the article. I just find it funny that anything positive said is called "homerism" and anything negative is "the truth" or "being realistic".

This would be a generic statement.

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 01:21 PM
This would be a generic statement.

Of course my man.

PhinsPhan11
07-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Right now, we are undefeated 0 - 0. We don't know what the team will look like this season and we might surprise. So yes... There is a difference between optimism/hope and pessimism.
I know we are 0-0, but that's not what I meant. What I mean as realistic is that this team is good, but not that good. Anti-dolphins is where you're hoping we lose every game and end up with 2 or 3 wins.

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 01:33 PM
I know we are 0-0, but that's not what I meant. What I mean as realistic is that this team is good, but not that good. Anti-dolphins is where you're hoping we lose every game and end up with 2 or 3 wins.

Suck for Luck crowd?

PhinsPhan11
07-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Suck for Luck crowd?
Come on Nubs, aren't we past this?

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Come on Nubs, aren't we past this?
Was just a question, seemed to fit your definition. No? Are the exceptions to the rule?

PhinsPhan11
07-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Was just a question, seemed to fit your definition. No? Are the exceptions to the rule?
Fine, that would be the SFL crowd. What I was saying as realistic was that this team is in the 6-8 win area.

Nublar7
07-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Fine, that would be the SFL crowd. What I was saying as realistic was that this team is in the 6-8 win area.

So since I having been saying 8-8 as my prediction does that mean I am in the "realistic" fan group this year? Though I have said 8-8 or 9-7 so I guess if I say 9-7 that means I am on the line of "realistic" and "blind dumb uneducated homer". Not your words PhinsPhan, but there are those that say that.

PhinsPhan11
07-01-2012, 01:47 PM
So since I having been saying 8-8 as my prediction does that mean I am in the "realistic" fan group this year? Though I have said 8-8 or 9-7 so I guess if I say 9-7 that means I am on the line of "realistic" and "blind dumb uneducated homer". Not your words PhinsPhan, but there are those that say that.
Sure, I can call that realistic. 9 might be stretching it a little, but with a few breaks, it can happen with what looks to be an easier schedule. With decent QB play, it's definitely possible.

cnantista
07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Dolphins will sweep the JETS this year. i think after Sanchez plays his way out of a position its going to be turmoil up there. Tebow fits the running style up there but not the locker room....i think the JETS will self destruct this year!!

tazthenomad
07-01-2012, 02:10 PM
My thought exactly as soon as I saw the thread title.

CallMeDaddy
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I can see this team from 4-5 wins up to 8 or 9 wins depending on how many questions are answered on this team.

I think both sides can be accurate statements at this point in time.

DisturbedShifty
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/04/JetsRageTroll-1.jpg

insomnia411
07-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Suck for Luck crowd?

Hoping for Andrew Luck was the most pro Dolphin thing you could do. My opinion will once again have it's vindication when Luck is the next Big Ben.

CalDolFan1014
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Hoping for Andrew Luck was the most pro Dolphin thing you could do. My opinion will once again have it's vindication when Luck is the next Big Ben.

:lol: This guy!

j-off-her-doll
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
With the schedule we have, etc., this team CAN win 10+ games this season. Is it a smart bet? Probably not. Every team has a number of uncertainties heading into a season. The consistent teams and teams with elite QB's have less (or because of their elite QB's, their negatives are better hidden). I'm confident that we'll have a really good season. I don't know how that will translate in terms of wins and losses, but I expect to see us move toward the kind of football team we want to be. In the 2010/2011 season San Francisco didn't compete for a division title - where the winner won 7 games. Last year, they win 13 games, and they could have easily made it to the SB. Their D went from solid to top-notch; their offense went from terrible to efficient. Can Miami see these type of drastic improvements? They CAN. But again, a LOT of things will have to go right.

DisturbedShifty
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM

While I agree HOPING for Luck was a pro-Dolphins thing to do, cheering for your team to lose was VERY anti-Dolphins thing to do. I don't give two ****s what the end result is. You NEVER cheer for your team to lose.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

insomnia411
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
:lol: This guy!

Lol I joined the clean house and SFL bandwagon after the week 3 Browns loss. That loss was just crippling and I knew we weren't going anywhere until we got a real QB. Keep in mind I never hated Henne at all, but Luck is a prospect on another level.

fishfanmiami
07-01-2012, 05:28 PM
We got our QB anyways and kept our pride intact by finishing strong. That counts for something.

insomnia411
07-01-2012, 05:36 PM
We got our QB anyways and kept our pride intact by finishing strong. That counts for something.

The difference between 6-10 and 0-16 is a higher draft pick. That's it.
There's no pride in being 6-10 anyway, and it's not like we're going to carry any of that 6-3 momentum into this year. We have a whole new coaching staff, probably a new QB and no Brandon Marshall.

Dsteve
07-01-2012, 05:57 PM
lol rooting for us to win MEANINGLESS games at the end of the season is stupid. It was wasted time to be honest because we all knew there would be new coaches and prob new players all around. our situation would be much better and even more realistically optimistic had we had our chance at andrew luck.

sharp
07-01-2012, 06:04 PM
junc sucks

number1fin
07-01-2012, 06:12 PM
With the schedule we have, etc., this team CAN win 10+ games this season. Is it a smart bet? Probably not. Every team has a number of uncertainties heading into a season. The consistent teams and teams with elite QB's have less (or because of their elite QB's, their negatives are better hidden). I'm confident that we'll have a really good season. I don't know how that will translate in terms of wins and losses, but I expect to see us move toward the kind of football team we want to be. In the 2010/2011 season San Francisco didn't compete for a division title - where the winner won 7 games. Last year, they win 13 games, and they could have easily made it to the SB. Their D went from solid to top-notch; their offense went from terrible to efficient. Can Miami see these type of drastic improvements? They CAN. But again, a LOT of things will have to go right.You're right on the money!

A major factor for the 49ers success last season was the fact that they had very few turnovers. In a game where every possession counts, it's all about the little things and it's imperative that you don't beat yourself. It's truly a balancing act for the QB in such a pass driven league where he's asked to make a lot of plays. But in this day of age it takes a total team effort to get her done. That calls for everyone to protect the football at all cost. Carriers need to wrap it up with both hands. Receivers need to catch the football, and never let it bounce up in the air if you just can't control it. Linemen need to be on their p's and q's at all times in case the ball is fumbled and we need a quick recovery. Whoever is under center can't force the issue either, that means throw the ball away if you can't make the play. Coaches need to know which plays are good for the current down & distance, and never put players in a position to fail. If we can just do these fundamental things on offense, and at the very least have a top 10 passing defense (not worried about stopping the run) this season, I fully expect us to make the playoffs.

Vaark
07-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Hoping for your team to lay down and take it like a Rear Admiral is the most pro gay thing you could do (not that there's anything wrong with that).

CalDolFan1014
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Hoping for your team to lay down and take it like a Rear Admiral is the most pro gay thing you could do (not that there's anything wrong with that).

:lol: That's an interesting way of putting it, but hey it'll work!

mega-fin-love
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM
junc sucks

Could not have said it better myself.

Ben Had
07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
could not have said it better myself.

x3

cowboy82nd
07-01-2012, 10:43 PM
You're right on the money!

A major factor for the 49ers success last season was the fact that they had very few turnovers. In a game where every possession counts, it's all about the little things and it's imperative that you don't beat yourself. It's truly a balancing act for the QB in such a pass driven league where he's asked to make a lot of plays. But in this day of age it takes a total team effort to get her done. That calls for everyone to protect the football at all cost. Carriers need to wrap it up with both hands. Receivers need to catch the football, and never let it bounce up in the air if you just can't control it. Linemen need to be on their p's and q's at all times in case the ball is fumbled and we need a quick recovery. Whoever is under center can't force the issue either, that means throw the ball away if you can't make the play. Coaches need to know which plays are good for the current down & distance, and never put players in a position to fail. If we can just do these fundamental things on offense, and at the very least have a top 10 passing defense (not worried about stopping the run) this season, I fully expect us to make the playoffs.

You do realize that we lost our defense coordinator and are rumored to be switching to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4. Those are major changes. I don't expect us to make the playoffs. If we do.... great, but I'm not holding my breath this year.

number1fin
07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
You do realize that we lost our defense coordinator and are rumored to be switching to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4. Those are major changes. I don't expect us to make the playoffs. If we do.... great, but I'm not holding my breath this year.Wait a minute...Kevin Coyle is missing?

Plus we're never going to run a hybrid 3-4 at all?

Oh no!!! How will we survive? God help us!!!

<sarcasm off>

CalDolFan1014
07-01-2012, 11:42 PM
junc sucks

:bobdole: You guys realize that by doing this, it'll give him more motivation to come into this thread and turn it into another bitchfest about the Jets being "elite", right?

rent this space
07-02-2012, 12:09 AM
:bobdole: You guys realize that by doing this, it'll give him more motivation to come into this thread and turn it into another bitchfest about the Jets being "elite", right?lol, yes I think he does realize that

DisturbedShifty
07-02-2012, 12:28 AM
lol, yes I think he does realize that
Well yeah. That is what a good troll does. Yes, NOW I called you a troll Junc.

Romy148
07-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow so this is all we get to look forward to??? Beating the Jets but yet being no where near playoff contender so depressing.

Dsteve
07-02-2012, 12:47 AM
if we go 3-13 for a season but those three wins are a sweep of the jets and one against the pats (lol gotta be realistic) then I'm not as suicidal as I should be! I don't mention the bills because they've basically sucked so bad for so long I don't give a **** about them. The pats also had their run of being horrible but the jets, I will always and forever hate them no matter how bad or good they are.

of course we have a chance to beat the jets this year, they suck and have even worse coaching than last year. On the verge of total collapse and in a far worse spot than we are...**** em. Atleast we know we are rebuilding, these morons tried to rebuild, failed and now think they are still the cream of the crop in the AFC. delusional.

AphexPhin
07-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Of course we can beat the Jets. But can we beat the Pats??? Thats the real question.

Dsteve
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
can we beat the pats? No, not until our secondary is fixed and/or we develop a nasty pass rush outside of wake. That's how you beat the pats. The steelers laid out a blueprint for teams that don't have a nasty dline in terms of pass rushing because the pats lack an outside WR big enough to consistently beat tight man press coverage.

insomnia411
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Sorry, but I loved Luck and RG3 and never liked Tannehill. If wanting a great QB prospect is gay, then consider me Freddie Mercury.

Kinzua
07-02-2012, 01:07 PM
:bobdole: You guys realize that by doing this, it'll give him more motivation to come into this thread and turn it into another bitchfest about the Jets being "elite", right?

I think the one who shall remain mostly nameless is on vacation because he seems to only post on weekdays ... and it's 1 pm and he hasn't replied yet!

dolpns13
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
id like to know who this, above average, RB the Jets have is.

Jetsfan0099
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Another annual Dolphins>>>>>>Jets thread.

The Dolphins QBs are so great. Matt Moore threw for 2,497 yards and David Garrard threw for 2.734 yards the last time he played. You got rid of a 6'4 perennial 1,000+ yard #1 WR.

I like how everyone assumes that Quinton Coples is going to be a bust, he was the #1 ranked defensive player coming into his senior season in college. There was a **** storm going on at UNC, lots of players coming out got hurt by it. He showed he was the best player at the senior bowl dominating. Jets beat writers after seeing him practice so far have said that they guarantee this isn't another Gholston like many on here think. Hes been one of the most impressive players. Stephen Hill was looking great too before he hurt his hamstring. Though I do realize its not in full pads, so I am not saying they have proven anything yet just that everyone assumes they are going to be busts and 6'4 WR that run a 4.30 are rare.

mega-fin-love
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM

I respectfully disagree my friend...If everyone felt the way I do about him being on finheaven and spoke up about it like I do he would have left along time ago.....not to mention he would have been banned either way.....He is a forum ruiner and should not be allowed to do so in my opinion.....just sayin

DisturbedShifty
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Another annual Dolphins>>>>>>Jets thread.

The Dolphins QBs are so great. Matt Moore threw for 2,497 yards and David Garrard threw for 2.734 yards the last time he played. You got rid of a 6'4 perennial 1,000+ yard #1 WR.

I like how everyone assumes that Quinton Coples is going to be a bust, he was the #1 ranked defensive player coming into his senior season in college. There was a **** storm going on at UNC, lots of players coming out got hurt by it. He showed he was the best player at the senior bowl dominating. Jets beat writers after seeing him practice so far have said that they guarantee this isn't another Gholston like many on here think. Hes been one of the most impressive players. Stephen Hill was looking great too before he hurt his hamstring. Though I do realize its not in full pads, so I am not saying they have proven anything yet just that everyone assumes they are going to be busts and 6'4 WR that run a 4.30 are rare.
Even if Marshall can get a thousand yards, doesn't mean **** if he doesn't pull the balls in when it counts for points. And the fact that Jets beat write are raving about Coples isn't saying much. Those are people that are paid to talk good about the team. I would be more interested in what someone outside of NY has to say about Coples. That being said, just because Coples was top of his position in college doesn't mean he will be good in the NFL. There is even a chance that Luck could be a bust.

dolpns13
07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Conversely, Dolphins beat writers do nothing but bash the Dolphins every chance they can.
Even if Marshall can get a thousand yards, doesn't mean **** if he doesn't pull the balls in when it counts for points. And the fact that Jets beat write are raving about Coples isn't saying much. Those are people that are paid to talk good about the team. I would be more interested in what someone outside of NY has to say about Coples. That being said, just because Coples was top of his position in college doesn't mean he will be good in the NFL. There is even a chance that Luck could be a bust.

Jetsfan0099
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM

No they aren't, I've seen them take shots at the Jets many times. Rich Cimini is known for being a negative nancy and he was the one that said he guarantees Coples is not another Gholston. Also, another NY reporter who covers the Jets and Giants who isn't afraid of taking shots at the Jets said he came away very impressed with Coples. It doesn't mean that Coples will not be a bust, I'm just saying. Gholston from day 1 never impressed, he looked overwhelmed and lost. Never showed any NFL skill with the Jets. The ESPN AFC East blog guy James Walker visited the Jets and said he was impressed with Coples.

tay0365
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Why? Is he going to sexually force himself on two women, two straight years? Because, he dominantly is not going to take the Colts to the playoffs with a ridiculous winning percentage his 1st years like Big Ben did.

Also if he is a Big Ben Clone, hopefully they have a great running game, because Ben is a great QB, but without a running game, he come down to earth pretty drastically.

JETSJETSJETS
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM

15-9 Jets since 2000. 7-5 Jets since 2006. Selective picking is very easy. A rivalry game is played at a totally different level than any other regular season game. Jets have clearly been the better team since Rex took over.

Avg margin of Dolphins victory over last five years? 4.4 pts.
Avg margin of Jets victory over the last five years? 12.4 Pts.

sm0kinfins
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
No they aren't, I've seen them take shots at the Jets many times. Rich Cimini is known for being a negative nancy and he was the one that said he guarantees Coples is not another Gholston. Also, another NY reporter who covers the Jets and Giants who isn't afraid of taking shots at the Jets said he came away very impressed with Coples. It doesn't mean that Coples will not be a bust, I'm just saying. Gholston from day 1 never impressed, he looked overwhelmed and lost. Never showed any NFL skill with the Jets. The ESPN AFC East blog guy James Walker visited the Jets and said he was impressed with Coples.

Yeah but Walker wouldn't know his @$$ from a hole in the ground.

dolpns13
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
15-9 Jets since 2000. 7-5 Jets since 2006. Selective picking is very easy. A rivalry game is played at a totally different level than any other regular season game. Jets have clearly been the better team since Rex took over.

Whats the point.. Over the last five years we have beaten you 5 times and you have beaten us five time.. In the five games we beat you we were better than you regardless of margin of victory and vice vera for the 5 times you have beaten us. Margin of victory is utterly meaningless.

Kinzua
07-02-2012, 06:22 PM
id like to know who this, above average, RB the Jets have is.

Ya got me. LT's retired.

DolfanISS
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
7 pages dedicated to what will most likely be a season split regardless of the teams records. It would be more interesting to debate which team will win where.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm thinking Miami finishes at least 12-4 while we MIGHT win 3 games.

Funky Fin
07-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Sorry but your Jets are about to join the Lions and Bucs on another winless season.

NY8123
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Nah Miami and the Jets are both going to end up 0-14-2 with the two ties in the same season between the Jets and Miami the first in recorded history.

CalDolFan1014
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM

Meaningless stats are meaningless.

Adam Strange
07-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Yes, selective picking is very easy. That's why you have to go back to 2000 to make your point. What does it matter that there isn't a single coach or player still on this team from 2000, 2001, 2002, etc? I'm sure that's not relevant. :rolleyes2: Why don't we compare records from the 80s while you're at it?

This article is about the Dolphins' chances of beating the Jets in 2012. Thus, the fact that the Jets haven't swept the Dolphins since 2007 is much more relevant than who beat who while Wanny and Al Groh were coaching their repective teams. Since 2007, whether the Dolphins were good or bad, and whether the Jets were in the playoffs or not, they've beaten the Jets at least once per season.

Of course, it's possible that the Dolphins fare worse now that the Tuna and his Meatball in Chief are gone. But considering that Tony is now going to be screwing up your offense this season, I'm confident in at least a split.

SuperBowlDream
07-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I hope the W comes on 10/28/12 cause I will be there in the middle of Jets fan...

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes, selective picking is very easy. That's why you have to go back to 2000 to make your point. What does it matter that there isn't a single coach or player still on this team from 2000, 2001, 2002, etc? I'm sure that's not relevant. :rolleyes2: Why don't we compare records from the 80s while you're at it?

See how selective picking works? You picked three years and then four years to make ur point, whereas you don't even have the same HC, QB, WR#1, HB or many other offensive and defensive positions. Same for the Jets. Does it really matter if we then go back 6 years? 10 years? 20 years? They are all the same. Meaningless.

This article is about the Dolphins' chances of beating the Jets in 2012. Thus, the fact that the Jets haven't swept the Dolphins since 2007 is much more relevant than who beat who while Wanny and Al Groh were coaching their repective teams. Since 2007, whether the Dolphins were good or bad, and whether the Jets were in the playoffs or not, they've beaten the Jets at least once per season.

Lets see. Does it matter what Dolphins did in 2009? No

QB: Henne/Pat White ----> Tannehill/Garrard/Moore
HB: Williams/Brown ----> Bush/D.Thomas
WR: Bess/TG ----> Ochocinco/Bess
TE: Fasano --- Fasano
RT: Carey ----> Martin
RG: Garner ----> Hicks?
C: Grove ----> Pouncey
LG: Smiley ----> Incognito
LT: Long --- Long

DL: Soliai / Starks/ Langfor/ Merling ----> Odrick / Soliai / Starks / Cameron
LB: Porter / Akin / Torbor / JT ----> Misi / Dansby / Burnett / ?
CB: V. Davis / S. Smith ----> V. Davis / Marshall or Smith
SS: Bell ----> Clemons
FS: Gibril Wilson ----> R. Jones

I might have missed/mixed a defensive position or two, but it shows you how different the team is now. Most positions have changed. Maybe not as many offensive changes for the Jets since 2009, but plenty of defensive changes.

Of course, it's possible that the Dolphins fare worse now that the Tuna and his Meatball in Chief are gone. But considering that Tony is now going to be screwing up your offense this season, I'm confident in at least a split.

Such comments are very funny. Your only relevant season this century came under "Tuna and his Meatball". And being an OC is much different from being a HC. Not every successful OC can be a successful HC and not every unsuccessful HC has to be an unsuccessful OC. The fact that Dolphins hired Sparano as a HC means they really liked his track record and an offensive coach.

Adam Strange
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
See how selective picking works? You picked three years and then four years to make ur point, whereas you don't even have the same HC, QB, WR#1, HB or many other offensive and defensive positions. Same for the Jets. Does it really matter if we then go back 6 years? 10 years? 20 years? They are all the same. Meaningless.

Lets see. Does it matter what Dolphins did in 2009? No

QB: Henne/Pat White ----> Tannehill/Garrard/Moore
HB: Williams/Brown ----> Bush/D.Thomas
WR: Bess/TG ----> Ochocinco/Bess
TE: Fasano --- Fasano
RT: Carey ----> Martin
RG: Garner ----> Hicks?
C: Grove ----> Pouncey
LG: Smiley ----> Incognito
LT: Long --- Long

DL: Soliai / Starks/ Langfor/ Merling ----> Odrick / Soliai / Starks / Cameron
LB: Porter / Akin / Torbor / JT ----> Misi / Dansby / Burnett / ?
CB: V. Davis / S. Smith ----> V. Davis / Marshall or Smith
SS: Bell ----> Clemons
FS: Gibril Wilson ----> R. Jones

I might have missed/mixed a defensive position or two, but it shows you how different the team is now. Most positions have changed. Maybe not as many offensive changes for the Jets since 2009, but plenty of defensive changes.

Such comments are very funny. Your only relevant season this century came under "Tuna and his Meatball". And being an OC is much different from being a HC. Not every successful OC can be a successful HC and not every unsuccessful HC has to be an unsuccessful OC. The fact that Dolphins hired Sparano as a HC means they really liked his track record and an offensive coach.
Once again, the article discusses whether or not the Dolphins can beat the Jets, something that hasn't been hard for them to do in recent years. Nothing you've posted refutes that contention. In fact, you claim that since Rex Ryan got there the Jets have been a better team. Maybe so, but Rex has also lost 4 out of the 6 games he's coached against the Dolphins. So, what's your argument again? Why exactly are the Dolphins going to have trouble beating the Jets this year?

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 12:41 PM
hhhmmm bc they are overrated as hell. we beat them what 5 out of the last 7 or 8.
phins are better at qb
phins better back feild
phins better line
phins better te's
jets better wrs
phins better front 7
jets better cbs
push at safties
phins better k and p

Better QB? Because Tannehill will be the next Manning? Or because the 34 year old, released by the Jags of all teams, coming off a major back surgery with a year down the drain, Garrard will play at pro bowl level?
Better in the backfield? Agreed
Better line? Push - More simplified man blocking for Jets should result in less confusion. Better LT and thats about it.
Better TE? In your dreams. Keller >>>> Fasano
Better front 7? Not sure how...
Push at Safeties? Clemons and Jones = Bell, Landry and Smith? Right.
Better k and p? Agreed

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Once again, the article discusses whether or not the Dolphins can beat the Jets, something that hasn't been hard for them to do in recent years. Nothing you've posted refutes that contention. In fact, you claim that since Rex Ryan got there the Jets have been a better team. Maybe so, but Rex has also lost 4 out of the 6 games he's coached against the Dolphins. So, what's your argument again? Why exactly are the Dolphins going to have trouble beating the Jets this year?

Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.

You were the one who brough up head-to-head stats since 2009. I showed you how different teams are since 2009. Dolphins squeezed in couple of tough wins along with couple of big losses to the Jets in last two years. Not sure how u classify that as "hasn't been hard for them" to beat the Jets.

NYPhin24
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Lets see...Rookie HC, Rookie QB, coming off yet another losing season at 6-10, without their star WR.

You were the one who brough up head-to-head stats since 2009. I showed you how different teams are since 2009. Dolphins squeezed in couple of tough wins along with couple of big losses to the Jets in last two years. Not sure how u classify that as "hasn't been hard for them" to beat the Jets.

haha so the dolphins winning 4 out of the last 6 vs. the Jets are "squeezed wins" but the 2 losses vs the Jets were "big" losses, nice spinjob

like the win in the final week of the season in 08 when the Dolphins won the AFC East title in the Jets building

or the win this past season again last week of the season eliminating the chokejob Sanchez jets from ANY hope of a playoff spot

but again those are "squeezed" wins, not "big" wins

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
haha so the dolphins winning 4 out of the last 6 vs. the Jets are "squeezed wins" but the 2 losses vs the Jets were "big" losses, nice spinjob

like the win in the final week of the season in 08 when the Dolphins won the AFC East title in the Jets building

or the win this past season again last week of the season eliminating the chokejob Sanchez jets from ANY hope of a playoff spot

Your 4 wins were by an average of 3.8 PPG
Our 2 wins were by an average of 13 PPG

You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.

Adam Strange
07-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Not a couple of tough wins. Four wins, twice as many as the Jets have over the Dolphins in the same period. So, again, the Dolphins have had no trouble beating the Jets under Ryan. And for all of the question marks raised about the Dolphins, people living in green glass houses shouldn't throw stones. In case you didn't notice, the Jets aren't exactly the odds on favorite to win anything this year. And yes, the Dolphins have been a losing team since 2008-- they've also won 2/3rds of their games against the Jets during that time. So keep spinning. I guess we have to deal with a tag-team of Jets apologists now.

NYPhin24
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM

You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.

to quote the great Vin Diesel, "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch of a mile, winning is winning" and last time i checked it counts for football as well, and how are they meaningless wins if one of them clinched a playoff spot and and AFC East title? and the other eliminated the Jets from the playoffs

yes the jets were "vastly superior" lol thats why they lost their last 3 games including being eliminated by the Dolphins chokeing terribly and having a lockerroom in turmoil and players quitting and ripping the QB, and yes of course heading into 2012 it will not change...of course because junc says so and junc knows all

Nublar7
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM

You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.Vastly superior? I don't care if Miami won by 1 point or 50 points, the fact is head to head they have come out victorious 5 of the last 7 meetings. Miami obviously haven't been as good overall or as consistent winning games as the Jets are, but there is no way the Jets are "vastly superior" as you put it. 2 games seperated the Dolphins and Jets in the standings and both failed to have a winning record last season. If you think there is a huge gap between the two team you are in for a surprise. The teams talent wise are pretty close, but the Jets have the added fear of a lockeroom implosion that the Dolphins currently don't have. If the Jets get off to a rocky start it may be too much to overcome. That is why I think the Jets could get all the way up to an 8-8 or 9-7 season, but wouldn't be shocked if they completely collapse and win only 4 or 5 games.

MadDog 88
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Yes, rookie head coaches are never succesful and Garrard will most likely be the starter over Moore and the Jets were 8-8 with a cluster**** of a locker room? Your point is?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

You won a few meaningless games against us, you matched up well w/ us but clearly the jets were the vastly superior team and heading into 2012 it appears that will not change.They match up well but the Jets are Vastly superior? :rolleyes2:

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
to quote the great Vin Diesel, "it doesnt matter if you win by an inch of a mile, winning is winning" and last time i checked it counts for football as well, and how are they meaningless wins if one of them clinched a playoff spot and and AFC East title? and the other eliminated the Jets from the playoffs

yes the jets were "vastly superior" lol thats why they lost their last 3 games including being eliminated by the Dolphins chokeing terribly and having a lockerroom in turmoil and players quitting and ripping the QB, and yes of course heading into 2012 it will not change...of course because junc says so and junc knows all

Absolutely and 8 more reg season wins, 2 more playoff apps and 4 more playoff wins tells us all we need to know.

The person said 2009-2011, 2008 wasn't meaningless for you guys obiously.

Vastly superior? I don't care if Miami won by 1 point or 50 points, the fact is head to head they have come out victorious 5 of the last 7 meetings. Miami obviously haven't been as good overall or as consistent winning games as the Jets are, but there is no way the Jets are "vastly superior" as you put it. 2 games seperated the Dolphins and Jets in the standings and both failed to have a winning record last season. If you think there is a huge gap between the two team you are in for a surprise. The teams talent wise are pretty close, but the Jets have the added fear of a lockeroom implosion that the Dolphins currently don't have. If the Jets get off to a rocky start it may be too much to overcome. That is why I think the Jets could get all the way up to an 8-8 or 9-7 season, but wouldn't be shocked if they completely collapse and win only 4 or 5 games.

5 of the last 7 and also 5 of the last 8, 5 of the last 9, 5 of the last 10, 5 of the last 11, 5 of the last 12,...

Miami has done a good job head to head, they match up well and seem to play their best when they play the Jets BUT the Jets have been the vastly superior team in recent years. When you haven't won a playoff game in over a decade and the jets have been to 2 of the last 3 title games that alone is vastly superior.

Take out Jets-Miami games and check the records vs. the rest of the league 2009-2011:

NYJ: 26-16 in reg season, 4-2 in postseason
Mia: 16-26 i reg season, 0-0 in postseason

VASTLY superior

You guys can wish all you want about the LR nonsense, that story was completely overblown, it had more to do w/ a frustrated team playing so poorly than anything else. I'd be more worried about a supposed harmonious LR that started out 0-7 and was never in the race than a team 8-5 that collapsed.

talent wise you guys were closer in recent years then you will be this year. Miami is 4th in talent in the division which is likely where they will be in the standing unless they can pass Buf again.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, rookie head coaches are never succesful and Garrard will most likely be the starter over Moore and the Jets were 8-8 with a cluster**** of a locker room? Your point is?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

They match up well but the Jets are Vastly superior? :rolleyes2:

I guess the skins and Giants were close last year too, right? the skins swept them so they must be really close to a SB. For whatever reason Miami has plyed us well in recent years, if you follow the histroy of the series it usually swings every few years from one side to the next though I wouldn't call 5-3 against us a domination. The bottom line is the Jets have been the MUCH better team, it's not debateable. ZERO playoff apps vs. 2 in 3 years w/ 4 playoff wins is not close.

MadDog 88
07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess the skins and Giants were close last year too, right? the skins swept them so they must be really close to a SB. For whatever reason Miami has plyed us well in recent years, if you follow the histroy of the series it usually swings every few years from one side to the next though I wouldn't call 5-3 against us a domination. The bottom line is the Jets have been the MUCH better team, it's not debateable. ZERO playoff apps vs. 2 in 3 years w/ 4 playoff wins is not close.
I said are, not were.

13ktownguy
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
The Jets are vastly supeior to no one, Your QB IS TERRIBLE!

OyeDale305
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Cant wait when sanchez stinks up the joint and the fans screaming for teblow HAHA

sm0kinfins
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Better QB? Because Tannehill will be the next Manning? Or because the 34 year old, released by the Jags of all teams, coming off a major back surgery with a year down the drain, Garrard will play at pro bowl level?
Better in the backfield? Agreed
Better line? Push - More simplified man blocking for Jets should result in less confusion. Better LT and thats about it.
Better TE? In your dreams. Keller >>>> Fasano
Better front 7? Not sure how...
Push at Safeties? Clemons and Jones = Bell, Landry and Smith? Right.
Better k and p? Agreed

Yes, better QB. Almost every QB in this league is better than your limp wristed pillow biter. Including most back-ups even.
Better line? Yeah, I think so. You said it yourself. They had to dumb down the blocking assignments so your boys aren't overwhelmed.
Better TE? Yeah, I'll give you that one. Here's hoping our rookie can get over the Mizzou TE stigma though.
Better front 7? Push IMO. Our boys may have a little trouble transitioning to the new defense.
Safety? Ok, I'll concede this one too. Who knows though, maybe one of our boys will step up and be a playmaker... finally.
K and P? yeah, we got that one.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I said are, not were.

Last I checked we were still 2 games better than you guys despite having an awful season.

The Jets are vastly supeior to no one, Your QB IS TERRIBLE!

Yet he has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 1995-2011. Imagine if we had a good QB!

CalDolFan1014
07-03-2012, 03:19 PM
:deadhorse:

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
:deadhorse:

beating a dead Bronco?:D

the season is almost upon us but we have a few dead weeks to go.

Nublar7
07-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Yet he has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 1995-2011. Imagine if we had a good QB!

The reason you offense had any success in those Conference Championship loss years was because of a dominating running game. Sanchez was just along for the ride those years. Look what happened when your running game fell to the bottom third of the league and relied on Sanchez to win games, the team missed the playoffs and failed to have a winning record. Plus the front office showed they are not 100% sold on him by trading for Tebow. Your running game is not improved so relying on Sanchez to win games is a disaster waiting to happen.

MadDog 88
07-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Last I checked we were still 2 games better than you guys despite having an awful season.

Yet he has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 1995-2011. Imagine if we had a good QB!WOW!! 2 games better. Didn't make the playoffs, your QB failed miserably when you needed him, the locker room is a mess, Rex lost control of the team and contrary to your denial, the Fins ended any chance for a WC spot last year. They had a nice season in 2010 but they are currently no better then the Fins.

Next off season your argument will be two out of the last four years my friend.

NYPhin24
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM

If you did i would actually be scared of the Jets, but while you have a QB with 3 more career TDs than career INTs with a career QB rating of 73 nobody will fear the Jets passing game, also doesnt help you added one of the only QBs with more drama and less completion percentage than Sanchez

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
The reason you offense had any success in those Conference Championship loss years was because of a dominating running game. Sanchez was just along for the ride those years. Look what happened when your running game fell to the bottom third of the league and relied on Sanchez to win games, the team missed the playoffs and failed to have a winning record. Plus the front office showed they are not 100% sold on him by trading for Tebow. Your running game is not improved so relying on Sanchez to win games is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yes we had a dominating run game in 2010 where our top Rbs averaged .2 more per carry than the Dolphins. That .2 made all the difference btw 7-9 and a title game app.

Our run game and D faltered many times in 2010 and our pass game won games late for us. In the '10 title game we couldn't run and we fell behind 24-0, the pass game got us back in it and gave us a chance.

We faltered last year b/c the OL wasn't good- the struggles of the QB, RBs and WRs all came from the poor OL play.

How did acquiring Tebow show our FO was not 100% sold on him? wouldn't the contract extension tell us that? wouldn't brining in Sparano to help turn him around tell us that? wouldn't all the moves made for him since last year tell us that?

Tim Tebow was not brought in here to be a QB, if he was why would we be using him on STs? and why would we want him to bulk up to 250 LBs?

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM

You didn't even read what I replied to thats why you have no clue why I mentioned squeeze.

As for Sanchez' chokejob, he's been great in the playoffs. Not sure how thats considered chokejob.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
WOW!! 2 games better. Didn't make the playoffs, your QB failed miserably when you needed him, the locker room is a mess, Rex lost control of the team and contrary to your denial, the Fins ended any chance for a WC spot last year. They had a nice season in 2010 but they are currently no better then the Fins.

is 8-8 better than 6-10? We had an AWFUL year and still finished 2 games better.

Our TEAM failed miserbaly when we needed to win most.

Had we beat Miami in week 17 we wouldn't ave made the playoffs. The crushing losses the 2 previous weeks ended our season.

Currently we are significianlty better than Miami. The only area you have on paper ahead of us is you have a pass rusher and we don't

If you did i would actually be scared of the Jets, but while you have a QB with 3 more career TDs than career INTs with a career QB rating of 73 nobody will fear the Jets passing game, also doesnt help you added one of the only QBs with more drama and less completion percentage than Sanchez

I'd be scared of a team that always finishes ahead of my team.

and yet that backup QB has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 2001-2011

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Not a couple of tough wins. Four wins, twice as many as the Jets have over the Dolphins in the same period. So, again, the Dolphins have had no trouble beating the Jets under Ryan. And for all of the question marks raised about the Dolphins, people living in green glass houses shouldn't throw stones. In case you didn't notice, the Jets aren't exactly the odds on favorite to win anything this year. And yes, the Dolphins have been a losing team since 2008-- they've also won 2/3rds of their games against the Jets during that time. So keep spinning. I guess we have to deal with a tag-team of Jets apologists now.

lol, you are still stuck in 2009 it seems. You won the series in 2009 and thats about where it ends for Dolphins since 2000. Again, your 2012 roster is very different from 2009 and not in a good way.

Vaark
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
It's admirable that jest fans are so confident in their team :up:

..but at the same time delusional thinking that a team playing .445 ball over more than the last half of the season managing to beat teams with a cum .335 winning %, with a +6 pt differential over that time is "far superior" to a team that played .667 ball over that same stretch, outscoring their opponents by over 80 points, actually beating the jest when they needed to win most and playing a more competitive 1pt game against the eventual SB champions.

But hey, I guess a few games at the end of the season only counts if they include 2 gift games that are meaningless to their opponents, and 2 wins against a dead team walking and a choking coach and kicker, right?

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 04:04 PM

So Tannehill will be warming the bench this year I guess? If not, your season is already over. He couldn't even be consistent in college. If he is a bench warmer this year, your season is over again anyways. I don't see Garrard doing any damage with his old injury prone body and the supreme lineup of WRs he has to throw to.

They match up well but the Jets are Vastly superior?

Whats wrong with that statement? Teams can matchup well against superior opponents. 2007 Giants matched up great against the Pats, but Pats were the superior team as their only loss in the entire season came against Giants.

number1fin
07-03-2012, 04:08 PM
The bottom line is the Jets have been the MUCH better team, it's not debateable. ZERO playoff apps vs. 2 in 3 years w/ 4 playoff wins is not close.Fact is, your two now meaningless AFC Championship appearances amounted to absolutely nothing. So go ahead and keep basking in the glory of those defeats, while your BIG brother Giants continue to dominate in NY. And it's truly a shame, seems like you guys actually enjoy playing second fiddle to the G-Men, and would rather scratch and claw your way for attention. And this is why I at the very least respect Bills fans. You don't ever hear them bragging about their 4 straight Superbowl appearances! Wanna know why? Because they lost them all! Prideful fans don't take pleasure out of loses no matter how they came. That said, I could only imagine the utter nonsense that would spew out of the mouths of Jest fans if you were the Bills of the 90's. I can tell you this for sure, honor and class would definitely be MIA (pun intended), instead it would be replaced with boasting and buffoonery.

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 04:08 PM
It's admirable that jest fans are so confident in their team :up:

..but at the same time delusional thinking that a team playing .445 ball over more than the last half of the season managing to beat teams with a cum .335 winning %, with a +6 pt differential over that time is "far superior" to a team that played .667 ball over that same stretch, outscoring their opponents by over 80 points, actually beating the jest when they needed to win most and playing a more competitive 1pt game against the eventual SB champions.

But hey, I guess a few games at the end of the season only counts if they include 2 gift games that are meaningless to their opponents, and 2 wins against a dead team walking and a choking coach and kicker, right?

Its funny how you break down a part of the season to 'try' to prove a point. Even with that cluster**** kind of performance, Jets were better than the Dolphins, and Dolphins are now in a rebuild mode. You don't want to admit it.

sm0kinfins
07-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You didn't even read what I replied to thats why you have no clue why I mentioned squeeze.

As for Sanchez' chokejob, he's been great in the playoffs. Not sure how thats considered chokejob.

Sanchez doesn't choke. I'm sure he's learned to suppress his gag reflex by now.

Dsteve
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I called sanchez a bust when he was drafted and any jets fan that still has confidence in him is delusional. Your coach is gone if you suck this year and hopefully MORONANO gets promoted and you'll suck for another 3-4 years until he's gone. The clock on your defense is running out and right now it's main weapon is your corner backs. Ya'll have a decent WR corp, especially for a power run team but the problem is the jets can't run. Green scared me way back when he gutted the raiders in relief work but he's proven to be a bust as well. Sanchez comes out flat and is replaced by tebow week 6. Tebow wins some games because your D is good and yall play like the broncos did last year but have no chance against good, healthy teams like the pats, broncos, texans, steelers, ravens etc. It will be dog fights with basement teams like the dolphins browns etc. I'd say 8 wins for the jets at most which is the same I said for my dolphins. Thing is you idiots think you're ready to win now, just like every year. Atleast the smart dolphin fan knows we're just getting started.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Its funny how you break down a part of the season to 'try' to prove a point. Even with that cluster**** kind of performance, Jets were better than the Dolphins, and Dolphins are now in a rebuild mode. You don't want to admit it.

and the jets should be in rebuild mode but aren't. have fun missing the playoffs again.

NYPhin24
07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
is 8-8 better than 6-10? We had an AWFUL year and still finished 2 games better.

Had we beat Miami in week 17 we wouldn't ave made the playoffs. The crushing losses the 2 previous weeks ended our season.

Currently we are significianlty better than Miami. The only area you have on paper ahead of us is you have a pass rusher and we don't

and yet that backup QB has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 2001-2011

blah blah blah, i know you are so proud of finishing 2 games ahead of a team that finished 6-10, from "back to back title game" (losses) to boasting about finishing 8-8 losing your last 3 including your last game against the team you belittle

and now you are taking credit for a QBs wins which happened when he wasnt on the Jets, getting real desperate huh junc, keep spinning

fishfanmiami
07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
You got Tony.... We got Philbin.... You are screwed.... End of story :3w:

P>S> Hope your kicker has a strong leg. He'll be getting lots of chances this year.

Vaark
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM

Not just a river in Egypt = you

Columbo and Carey are gone, you still have Hunter, Jake is finally healthy, deBrick is regressing, Moore was better than anyone you got and if Garrard beat him out, we've only upgraded. Our running game was better and has only improved with the health of Thomas and the pickup of Miller. I can go on and on but bottom line is that with the way your team **** the bed the last half of the season...and how the clubhouse imploded while the clueless HC fiddled and made an ass of himself in front of the cameras, other than clinging to blind optimism, there's no way you can go into this season optimistic.

Oh and the only reason you weren't a 7-9 team was due to a boneheaded Tony Romo gift right into Mevis's breadbasket with less than a minute to play in game 1.

Dsteve
07-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Fact is, your two now meaningless AFC Championship appearances amounted to absolutely nothing. So go ahead and keep basking in the glory of those defeats, while your BIG brother Giants continue to dominate in NY. And it's truly a shame, seems like you guys actually enjoy playing second fiddle to the G-Men, and would rather scratch and claw your way for attention. And this is why I at the very least respect Bills fans. You don't ever hear them bragging about their 4 straight Superbowl appearances! Wanna know why? Because they lost them all! Prideful fans don't take pleasure out of loses no matter how they came. That said, I could only imagine the utter nonsense that would spew out of the mouths of Jest fans if you were the Bills of the 90's. I can tell you this for sure, honor and class would definitely be MIA (pun intended), instead it would be replaced with boasting and buffoonery.

I don't even hate the bills anymore because their fans shut their ****ing mouths when they suck. Jets fans, coaches etc think theyre the odds on favorites every off season. They're the dallas cowboys of the AFC. Super Bowl III might as well be a 10000 years ago. One of the worst franchises in the hisotry of sports and their fans are still obnoxious.

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Yes, better QB. Almost every QB in this league is better than your limp wristed pillow biter. Including most back-ups even.

6 Games, 1317 yards, 11 TDs and 4 ints against ur beloved Dolphins. I guess ur D stinks so much, that even backup QBs can kill it.

Better line? Yeah, I think so. You said it yourself. They had to dumb down the blocking assignments so your boys aren't overwhelmed.

Or maybe they have a new OL coach?

At least we agreed on mostly everything else.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Thanks for not watching Jets games in playoffs. Sanchez played great all those games being a rookie and then one year vet...all on the road against better opponents btw.

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
WOW!! 2 games better. Didn't make the playoffs, your QB failed miserably when you needed him, the locker room is a mess, Rex lost control of the team and contrary to your denial, the Fins ended any chance for a WC spot last year. They had a nice season in 2010 but they are currently no better then the Fins.

So an 8 win team is not better than a 6 win team minus their biggest playmaker...thanks.

Dsteve
07-03-2012, 04:33 PM
lol so you're gonna predict the jets winning the super bowl like im sure you have since you could spell the teams name? The jets need to scrap their garbage team, especially QB and coaching staff and just start over.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Fact is, your two now meaningless AFC Championship appearances amounted to absolutely nothing. So go ahead and keep basking in the glory of those defeats, while your BIG brother Giants continue to dominate in NY. And it's truly a shame, seems like you guys actually enjoy playing second fiddle to the G-Men, and would rather scratch and claw your way for attention. And this is why I at the very least respect Bills fans. You don't ever hear them bragging about their 4 straight Superbowl appearances! Wanna know why? Because they lost them all! Prideful fans don't take pleasure out of loses no matter how they came. That said, I could only imagine the utter nonsense that would spew out of the mouths of Jest fans if you were the Bills of the 90's. I can tell you this for sure, honor and class would definitely be MIA (pun intended), instead it would be replaced with boasting and buffoonery.

It's sad that you can't use your own team to try to make us look bad, you have to use the Giants.

I guess it's better to be 2nd fiddle to an NFL team than the Marlins, UM and Heat, right?

I don't brag about the titile game apps, I discuss the facts of reaching them. When a dolphin fan who hasn't seen a playoff win in 12 years makes fun of the jets I can discuss 4 playoff wins in the last 3 years and 2 title game apps. It may not be the ultimate goal but it sure beats sitting home every January.

blah blah blah, i know you are so proud of finishing 2 games ahead of a team that finished 6-10, from "back to back title game" (losses) to boasting about finishing 8-8 losing your last 3 including your last game against the team you belittle

and now you are taking credit for a QBs wins which happened when he wasnt on the Jets, getting real desperate huh junc, keep spinning

Not proud, just stating facts.

You got Tony.... We got Philbin.... You are screwed.... End of story :3w:

P>S> Hope your kicker has a strong leg. He'll be getting lots of chances this year.

I saw a similar quote in 2005 w/ Saban, in 2007 w/ Cameron, in 2008 w/ Sparano and I'll see a similar quote in 2014 w/ your next HC:lol:

Columbo and Carey are gone, you still have Hunter, Jake is finally healthy, deBrick is regressing, Moore was better than anyone you got and if Garrard beat him out, we've only upgraded. Our running game was better and has only improved with the health of Thomas and the pickup of Miller. I can go on and on but bottom line is that with the way your team **** the bed the last half of the season...and how the clubhouse imploded while the clueless HC fiddled and made an ass of himself in front of the cameras, other than clinging to blind optimism, there's no way you can go into this season optimistic.

Oh and the only reason you weren't a 7-9 team was due to a boneheaded Tony Romo gift right into Mevis's breadbasket with less than a minute to play in game 1.

Captain homer/excuse maker is optimistic about the dolphins being better than the Jets? I think I've seen this movie before.:lol2:

JETSJETSJETS
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Columbo and Carey are gone, but who exactly replaced them? Hunter is there and has played well in man blocking. Dbrick had a below average season, but that doesn't mean he'll continue to regress. Moore played great and won ZERO games against teams above .500. Garrard is coming off a major surgery, is 34 years old, hasn't played in what would be 20 months, but will light it up? You've got good RBs if healthy, but without a deep threat WR, without a reliable WR, and without a reliable QB, the effect of those RBs will not be great.

And yes, I am optimistic about this season. Last season is over. You learn from your mistakes and thats why Jets picked up some speedy WRs, and let go of the OC that had no clue what was going on.

We can talk about it all we want and a play here and a play there, and Jets could have been 11-5 team. It works both ways. The Tony Romo int can be looked at as a boneheaded play, but a very similar play earlier in the game worked against Revis where Romo threw a back shoulder pass to Dez for a big gain. He tried the same again, but Revis was ready this time.

nyjunc
07-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Columbo and Carey are gone, but who exactly replaced them? Hunter is there and has played well in man blocking. Dbrick had a below average season, but that doesn't mean he'll continue to regress. Moore played great and won ZERO games against teams above .500. Garrard is coming off a major surgery, is 34 years old, hasn't played in what would be 20 months, but will light it up? You've got good RBs if healthy, but without a deep threat WR, without a reliable WR, and without a reliable QB, the effect of those RBs will not be great.

And yes, I am optimistic about this season. Last season is over. You learn from your mistakes and thats why Jets picked up some speedy WRs, and let go of the OC that had no clue what was going on. [/COLOR]

We can talk about it all we want and a play here and a play there, and Jets could have been 11-5 team. It works both ways. The Tony Romo int can be looked at as a boneheaded play, but a very similar play earlier in the game worked against Revis where Romo threw a back shoulder pass to Dez for a big gain. He tried the same again, but Revis was ready this time.

vaark is an incredible homer, every year he thinks Miami will be better than the Jets then when the jets have more success he gives us his laundry list of excuses. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Vaark
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
vaark is an incredible homer, every year he thinks Miami will be better than the Jets then when the jets have more success he gives us his laundry list of excuses. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Actually when it comes to assessing the shortcomings of other teams and taking to task the BS claims based on kindergarten logic, Vaark is the realist, you my trollish foil, is the transparent homer.

And to the contrary, it's exactly delusional and biased assertions like what follows that reveal just who it is who no one around here takes seriously or credibly:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/23lk4u0-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/282pdlk-1.jpg

fishfanmiami
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Actually when it comes to assessing the shortcomings of other teams and taking to task the BS claims based on kindergarten logic, Vaark is the realist, you my trollish foil, is the transparent homer.

And to the contrary, it's exactly delusional and biased assertions like what follows that reveal just who it is who no one around here takes seriously or credibly:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/05/23lk4u0-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/282pdlk-1.jpg

Your provolity of wisdom is only surpassed by your creative genius.

truthbtold
07-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Dolphin fans are so delusional. I promise you ... there's not a single defensive coordinator in the league breaking a sweat worrying about Garrard to Hartline. You're a strong candidate to score the fewest points in the league next year. And if you think Reggie bush can go through another injury free season carrying the load with no passing game ... good luck.

Anyone remember how Clyde Gates was going to take Revis to school last year?? :lol::lol:

Adam Strange
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Dolphin fans are so delusional. I promise you ... there's not a single defensive coordinator in the league breaking a sweat worrying about Garrard to Hartline. You're a strong candidate to score the fewest points in the league next year. And if you think Reggie bush can go through another injury free season carrying the load with no passing game ... good luck.

Anyone remember how Clyde Gates was going to take Revis to school last year?? :lol::lol:
Yeah, and even given all of that, the Dolphins will still win at least one game vs. the "elite" Jets, as they have for the past four seasons.

13ktownguy
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
6 Games, 1317 yards, 11 TDs and 4 ints against ur beloved Dolphins. I guess ur D stinks so much, that even backup QBs can kill it.

Or maybe they have a new OL coach?

At least we agreed on mostly everything else.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Thanks for not watching Jets games in playoffs. Sanchez played great all those games being a rookie and then one year vet...all on the road against better opponents btw. I watched those playoff games and to say Sanchez played great in any of them is just plain bull****! Getting a bit carried away dont ya think....lmfao!!

sm0kinfins
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Remind me again... How many of those games did he win?

13ktownguy
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Thats funny you (The Prince of Homers) calling anyone a homer!!

Jetsfan0099
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Its funny how Dolphin fans assume that Sparano will be awful as a OC and is a downgrade from Schotty (who really has been one of the worst OC in the league), because he didn't get it done as HC of the Dolphins. Tom Coughlin and Bill Parcells seem to think highly of Sparano as a coach, some coaches make better assistant coaches than HC.

13ktownguy
07-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Who knows maybe he will be ok.I'm just glad we didn't give Fisher what he wanted or we would be stuck with Schotty.

number1fin
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
some coaches make better assistant coaches than HC.Some flies are better **** eaters than flesh eaters.

So your point was?

fishfanmiami
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Jetsfan0099 http://www.finheaven.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1064335650#post1064335650)
some coaches make better assistant coaches than HC.

I can think of one and his initials are R. R.

Vaark
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM

"Disingenuous" is the adjective I most always use considering that Junk accusing someone else of being a "homer" is as ridiculous as Bernie Madoff calling someone else a "crook." :up:

MadDog 88
07-04-2012, 12:46 AM
So Tannehill will be warming the bench this year I guess? If not, your season is already over. He couldn't even be consistent in college. If he is a bench warmer this year, your season is over again anyways. I don't see Garrard doing any damage with his old injury prone body and the supreme lineup of WRs he has to throw to.

Whats wrong with that statement? Teams can matchup well against superior opponents. 2007 Giants matched up great against the Pats, but Pats were the superior team as their only loss in the entire season came against Giants.
With Tannehill, we may have a franchise QB. With Sanchez, you don't.

CallMeDaddy
07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
I love how Jets fans come here to look smart, and then Vaark, Nubs, and MadDog come to **** on their beds :lol:

MadDog 88
07-04-2012, 01:10 AM

and yet that backup QB has more playoff wins under his belt than the Miami Dolphins franchise 2001-2011This is the typical response of a shrinking number of Sanchez apologists/Jets fans who praise glory on an average QB but blame the team when things go south. Can't have it both ways Junc. Your team sucked down the stretch and their alleged leader failed miserably when they needed him. One of the Jets biggest problems is the failure to bring in an actual QB to push Sanchez.

It's wishful thinking to believe that Tebow is not the better leader and will knock Sanchez out early.

As for week 17, I suppose it wasn't a big game at kickoff or did the mighty Jets just quit during the game? It has to be one or the other right?

CallMeDaddy
07-04-2012, 01:17 AM

I don't know how you could say that, no matter if you want to admit it or not, your QB situation is not any better than ours, Moore outplayed Sanchez and if one of the QBs beat out Moore that just makes them even better than Sanchez.

Our RB situation is currently better than yours.

Our OL is currently better.

Our DL is significantly better.

Our TE situation is better.

Our LB situation is on par with the Jets.

Our special teams is definitely better.

It looks like we have more on paper than you thought.

fishfanmiami
07-04-2012, 01:29 AM
The fact that so many Jet fans are here says alot about the excitment their team is generatihg this year. Cann't wait till we show them what a real coach and team looks like on Hard Knocks. They set the bar very low when they did it.

Kinzua
07-04-2012, 06:45 AM

Well said!!!

Kinzua
07-04-2012, 06:59 AM
"Disingenuous" is the adjective I most always use considering that Junk accusing someone else of being a "homer" is as ridiculous as Bernie Madoff calling someone else a "crook." :up:

You are on a roll, Vaark!!!!

DisturbedShifty
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Not sure about anyone else, But I think this thread might need to take a dip in the depths soon.

ojmcduffy
07-04-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY
this why we can beat the jets. Coach philbin should make the whole team say it every morning. We will beat the jets because "we are smart enough. we are good enough and by golly people like us.

Killerphins
07-04-2012, 01:43 PM

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 08:48 AM

The difference is I am actually right most of the time, EVERY year you tell me how Miami will be better and EVERY year we are better. My "homerism" is based on facts of how good my team has been, you like to think the jets and dolphins have basically been the same team when inreality we have been MUCH better.

Yeah, and even given all of that, the Dolphins will still win at least one game vs. the "elite" Jets, as they have for the past four seasons.

It's possible, the better team doesn't always win. Buf beat NE last year, Wash swept the Giants. Fluky things happen but what matters most is the overall record and we will be better than you barring diasastrous injuries.

I watched those playoff games and to say Sanchez played great in any of them is just plain bull****! Getting a bit carried away dont ya think....lmfao!!

Great may be stretching it, he wasn't Aaron Rodgers 2010 but he was very good and a big reason why they won 4 road playoff games.

Yes I'm the homer b/c I discuss how good the Jets have been but you guys are rational telling me every year how the Jets suck and the dolphins will be better:lol:

I can think of one and his initials are R. R.[/I][/COLOR]

Yet in just 3 seasons as a HC w/ supposedly a bad QB he's won 4 playoff games which is more than all the Miami coaches combined from 1995-2011. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

With Tannehill, we may have a franchise QB. With Sanchez, you don't.

You may and we DO. We KNOW we can win big w/ our QB, you hope you will be able to.

This is the typical response of a shrinking number of Sanchez apologists/Jets fans who praise glory on an average QB but blame the team when things go south. Can't have it both ways Junc. Your team sucked down the stretch and their alleged leader failed miserably when they needed him. One of the Jets biggest problems is the failure to bring in an actual QB to push Sanchez.

It's wishful thinking to believe that Tebow is not the better leader and will knock Sanchez out early.

As for week 17, I suppose it wasn't a big game at kickoff or did the mighty Jets just quit during the game? It has to be one or the other right?

You may want to go back and actually read my old posts. I never gave the glory to Sanchez for winning, I credited him w/ proper credit. he was a part of the team getting to 2 title games, he was a part of the team choking down the stretch last year. Keep in mind in a bad year we still won 8 games w/ him and 2 of his 3 seasons we've been on the doorstep of the SB but keep making excuses about him and keep looking up at us in the standings.

Yeah, tebow will take over the starting QB role quickly, the Jets want him to which is why they have him playing STs and asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs. :lol:

I love the wishful thinking.

I don't know how you could say that, no matter if you want to admit it or not, your QB situation is not any better than ours, Moore outplayed Sanchez and if one of the QBs beat out Moore that just makes them even better than Sanchez.

Our RB situation is currently better than yours.

Our OL is currently better.

Our DL is significantly better.

Our TE situation is better.

Our LB situation is on par with the Jets.

Our special teams is definitely better.

It looks like we have more on paper than you thought.

Your RB situation is NOT better, reggie Bush had a nice year- he was terrible early when you still had a chance. he finished "great" when the team was out of the race. That doesn't impress me. Tebow will be our #2 rusher(not just out of WC plays). A year ago he had 660 yds, he won't get that many b/c he won't have as many carries but let's say he gets half. That would be around the # your top 2 had last year w/ Greene's '11 production behind a bad OL. RBs are even

Your OL is not better, it may have been last year as we had numerous issues but going into 2012 it is not better.

Your DL is not better than ours. Pouha, Devito, Coples, Wilkerson. Outside of the Ginats, Bills and a couple of other teams no one has a better DL.

Our top TE is miles ahead of anyone you have. You may have more depth but we are better.

LBs are close. Our secondary is miles ahead.

Your K/P are better- our coverage and returns are better.

You have one edge- you have a legit DD sack guy and we don't.

The fact that so many Jet fans are here says alot about the excitment their team is generatihg this year. Cann't wait till we show them what a real coach and team looks like on Hard Knocks. They set the bar very low when they did it.

Yep, the nest "real" coach. I've been here since 2004 and I have heard how great each new coach was going to be. I look forward to the next one in about 2 years.

CalDolFan1014
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
MOTS :tubes:

The Goat
07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Looks as though someone's still doing selective interpretation of "title games" to make himself feel better. Why hasn't someone pointed out that the Dolphins won their most recent title in 2008, and the Jets haven't in about a decade?

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Looks as though someone's still doing selective interpretation of "title games" to make himself feel better. Why hasn't someone pointed out that the Dolphins won their most recent title in 2008, and the Jets haven't in about a decade?

:lol2::lol2: The Dolphins won the div in 2008 then got smoked at HOME in the WC rd, the Jets earned WC berths then won 2 ROAD playoff games in 2009 AND 2010 but enjoy that div title esepcially in a year w/o Brady. :lol:

Who is the ONLY team to win an AFC East title besides the Pats in a year Brady was NE's full time starter?

MadDog 88
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Sorry Junc but Tebow is not a franchise QB nor can you use Coples when trying to compare how good your DL is. A guy who has never taken an NFL snap with a questionable work ethic. Let's see how that plays out.

MadDog 88
07-05-2012, 10:02 AM
The difference is I am actually right most of the time, EVERY year you tell me how Miami will be better and EVERY year we are better. My "homerism" is based on facts of how good my team has been, you like to think the jets and dolphins have basically been the same team when inreality we have been MUCH better.

It's possible, the better team doesn't always win. Buf beat NE last year, Wash swept the Giants. Fluky things happen but what matters most is the overall record and we will be better than you barring diasastrous injuries.

Great may be stretching it, he wasn't Aaron Rodgers 2010 but he was very good and a big reason why they won 4 road playoff games.

Yes I'm the homer b/c I discuss how good the Jets have been but you guys are rational telling me every year how the Jets suck and the dolphins will be better:lol:

Yet in just 3 seasons as a HC w/ supposedly a bad QB he's won 4 playoff games which is more than all the Miami coaches combined from 1995-2011. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

You may and we DO. We KNOW we can win big w/ our QB, you hope you will be able to.

You may want to go back and actually read my old posts. I never gave the glory to Sanchez for winning, I credited him w/ proper credit. he was a part of the team getting to 2 title games, he was a part of the team choking down the stretch last year. Keep in mind in a bad year we still won 8 games w/ him and 2 of his 3 seasons we've been on the doorstep of the SB but keep making excuses about him and keep looking up at us in the standings.

Yeah, tebow will take over the starting QB role quickly, the Jets want him to which is why they have him playing STs and asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs. :lol:

I love the wishful thinking.

Your RB situation is NOT better, reggie Bush had a nice year- he was terrible early when you still had a chance. he finished "great" when the team was out of the race. That doesn't impress me. Tebow will be our #2 rusher(not just out of WC plays). A year ago he had 660 yds, he won't get that many b/c he won't have as many carries but let's say he gets half. That would be around the # your top 2 had last year w/ Greene's '11 production behind a bad OL. RBs are even

Your OL is not better, it may have been last year as we had numerous issues but going into 2012 it is not better.

Your DL is not better than ours. Pouha, Devito, Coples, Wilkerson. Outside of the Ginats, Bills and a couple of other teams no one has a better DL.

Our top TE is miles ahead of anyone you have. You may have more depth but we are better.

Yep, the nest "real" coach. I've been here since 2004 and I have heard how great each new coach was going to be. I look forward to the next one in about 2 years.

The Sanchez excuses are pathetic by now Junc. Even a high percentage of your fan base recognizes him as nothing more then average.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry Junc but Tebow is not a franchise QB nor can you use Coples when trying to compare how good your DL is. A guy who has never taken an NFL snap with a questionable work ethic. Let's see how that plays out.

We have a franchise QB, the guy who has been starting for us the last 3 years.

I'll give you that on Coples(though I don't question his work ethic- that stuff is all nonsense), he needs to prove it but we still have Pouha, devito and Wilkerson. That's a heck of a nice start.

The Sanchez excuses are pathetic by now Junc. Even a high percentage of your fan base recognizes him as nothing more then average.

What excuses? where have I been making excuses? he and the team sucked down the stretch last year.

I don't care if no one in the fanbase likes him, I don't form my opinions on what others say. I use my eyes, I know we have a good QB, I know you don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play. It doesn't bother me what anyone else says. He took a step back in 2011 like many young QBs did last year. I expect a nice step forward in 2012. We'll see.

JCane
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
People still leaning on the 2008 division title and junc still leaning on those Wild Card berths that the Jets backed into.

Who gives a ****.

Win Super Bowls. Anything else is failure.

Throw those free tshirts away already.

LANGER72
07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
We have a franchise QB, the guy who has been starting for us the last 3 years.

I'll give you that on Coples(though I don't question his work ethic- that stuff is all nonsense), he needs to prove it but we still have Pouha, devito and Wilkerson. That's a heck of a nice start.

What excuses? where have I been making excuses? he and the team sucked down the stretch last year.

I don't care if no one in the fanbase likes him, I don't form my opinions on what others say. I use my eyes, I know we have a good QB, I know you don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play. It doesn't bother me what anyone else says. He took a step back in 2011 like many young QBs did last year. I expect a nice step forward in 2012. We'll see.

This will be a pressure filled year for NY. The NY media and fans expectations are always unrealistic..as you so often demonstrate. If they struggle to 8-8 (or worse) and miss the playoffs again...get out the brooms.
NE has finally got some players to improve their defense. I don't see that dropping off this year. They will easy win the division unless Brady gets hurt. Everyone scoffs at Buffalo, but they made some tremendous moves this off season. If Fitzpatrick can get his game together, they will finish in 2nd place.
The Fins and Jets will be fighting for 8-8 this year, I think the Fins edge them out. Sanchez's game seems to be getting worse(if that is possible). I hope the Fins make the playoffs this year, but that is probably unrealistic. Just a non homer opinion.

insomnia411
07-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Er, I hate to admit it but this guy is right about our O. It blows.
On that note, if you thought that the Jet's offense was archaic, slow moving, and anemic last year, wait til you see it with Tony and Tebow at the helm lol. It's going to be a disgrace, and it might actually be worse than the Fin's O because the right side of the Jet's line is absolutely abysmal.
Both defenses should be pretty good, but both games (Jets v Fins) will be nearly unwatchable borefests and I'd be shocked if either team surpassed the 7 win total.
Personally I think - Dolphins 5-11
Jets 6-10
By virtue of a better defense the Jets win the battle of mediocrity. Congrats.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Er, I hate to admit it but this guy is right about our O. It blows.
On that note, if you thought that the Jet's offense was archaic, slow moving, and anemic last year, wait til you see it with Tony and Tebow at the helm lol. It's going to be a disgrace, and it might actually be worse than the Fin's O because the right side of the Jet's line is absolutely abysmal.
Both defenses should be pretty good, but both games (Jets v Fins) will be nearly unwatchable borefests and I'd be shocked if either team surpassed the 7 win total.
Personally I think - Dolphins 5-11
Jets 6-10
By virtue of a better defense the Jets win the battle of mediocrity. Congrats.

Tebow isn't at the helm of our O and Tony didn't run your offenses the last few years. Our O will be good, our D will be great and our STs will be good and we will bea contender again I hope.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
This will be a pressure filled year for NY. The NY media and fans expectations are always unrealistic..as you so often demonstrate. If they struggle to 8-8 (or worse) and miss the playoffs again...get out the brooms.
NE has finally got some players to improve their defense. I don't see that dropping off this year. They will easy win the division unless Brady gets hurt. Everyone scoffs at Buffalo, but they made some tremendous moves this off season. If Fitzpatrick can get his game together, they will finish in 2nd place.
The Fins and Jets will be fighting for 8-8 this year, I think the Fins edge them out. Sanchez's game seems to be getting worse(if that is possible). I hope the Fins make the playoffs this year, but that is probably unrealistic. Just a non homer opinion.

Of course there will be pressure, good teams always face pressure to win. It's not much different than 2010, there might be less pressure to win b/c so many people have jumped off the bandwagon w/ the way 2011 ended.

I expect NE to win the div every year as long as Brady is healthy and playing. Their D doesn't scare me in the least though, it wasn't as bad as their ranking last year but it's not a great D. As always they will go as far as Brady can take them.

What tremendous moves did Buf make? overpaying for a big name pass rusher who has not played like $100 mil player AND is coming off major injury? signing a NE catsoff they could have kept for cheap? Their offseason was very skins-like, we'll see if it can work in Buffalo.

Sanchez took a step back, that's not an indicator he keeps going in that direction. he's the best QB in the div after Brady and we have the best D in the division which alone will keep us in many games so even if the O isn't very good we'll win a lot of games. If the O is good and if sanchez does get back to 2010 this team can go a long way again.

Kinzua
07-05-2012, 11:01 AM

You're "actually right most of the time"? :sidelol: Comparing Sanchez to Rodgers??? I think NOT. :sidelol:

How come you don't show up on the Patriots' MBs explaining to them how elite the Jests have been over the last three years?

Obviously, you see Sanchez getting replaced by Tebow early, and Meatball installing the spread-option offense, if you think that the alleged backup QB is going to be the Jests #2 rusher. As for Shonn Greene, he wouldn't start on the Fins, and he might not even make the team given that the WCO requires RBs to catch the ball. I know he wouldn't make the Bills.

Oh, yeah, your center missed 3 games. A couple of other guys got nicked up. That's the way it is with OLers. Hunter remains your RT. Your OL depth remains wishful thinking. Maybe that shot putter the Jests tried out will do better than Ducasse.

Since Wake will be on the Fins DL in their new 4-3 alignment and he's a legit pass rusher, it seems to me that edge has to go to the Fins, particularly since Coples is a rookie with a questionable work ethic who will be asked to convert from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Keller can't block crap, which is another reason that Hunter was so lousy last season -- no help from his TE. It's also why Jests fans are drooling over the prospect of Miami releasing Fasano. Keller's the Jests leading receiver the last two years only because your alleged "franchise QB" throws to his check-downs too much -- and Greene is a lousy receiver for a RB -- rather than downfield.

Your CBs are great, but your safeties stink. Landry and Bell are run stoppers not good pass defenders, and one is coming off a serious injury and the other is ancient. You're depending on a sixth or seventh round rookie to be your center fielder on passing plays. Good luck with that.

Kinzua
07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Tebow isn't at the helm of our O and Tony didn't run your offenses the last few years. Our O will be good, our D will be great and our STs will be good and we will bea contender again I hope.

You are contradicting yourself. How will Tebow be your #2 rusher if he's NOT the starting QB in some kind of option offense similar to what the Donkeys ran last season?

insomnia411
07-05-2012, 11:16 AM

You certainly earn your "Spin Meister" title. What exactly did Tony run here then?? (besides the offense into the ground...)
The guy is a bonehead, and I've been saying it for 3 years now. I'm not one of these homers who sung Tony's praises while he was here and now I hate him cuz he's with the Jets. The guy has a mind for 1962 offensive football, and that might be a stretch cuz I'm not sure he's aware of the fact that the forward pass is now a legal play.

EDIT : Also, I'm assuming that Tebow will be at the helm of the offense full time by week 6 or 7 at latest cuz I think Sanchez folds like a cheap tent behind that line... Just my opinion.

JCane
07-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Incredible that two average teams concern themselves only with beating the other average team and nothing more.

Couldn't give a **** less about the average Jets.

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I watched those playoff games and to say Sanchez played great in any of them is just plain bull****! Getting a bit carried away dont ya think....lmfao!!

@ Cincy (24-14 W) - 12/15, 182 yards, 1 TD
@ Chargers (17-14 W) - 12/23, 100 yards 1 TD, 1 int
@ Colts (17-30 L) - 17/30, 257 yards, 2 TDs, 1 trash time int
@ Colts (17-16 W) - 18/31, 189 yards, 1 int
@ Pats (28-21 W) - 16/25, 194 yards, 3 TDs
@ Steelers (19-24 L) - 20/33, 233 yards, 2 TDs

6 games, all on the road - Combined QB rating of 94.3 and .667 winning record
8 raod playoff games for your boy Dan Marino - Combined lousy QB rating of 66.3 and .125 losing record (with 4 SB rings...naw just kidding)

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
You're "actually right most of the time"? :sidelol: Comparing Sanchez to Rodgers??? I think NOT. :sidelol:

How come you don't show up on the Patriots' MBs explaining to them how elite the Jests have been over the last three years?

Obviously, you see Sanchez getting replaced by Tebow early, and Meatball installing the spread-option offense, if you think that the alleged backup QB is going to be the Jests #2 rusher. As for Shonn Greene, he wouldn't start on the Fins, and he might not even make the team given that the WCO requires RBs to catch the ball. I know he wouldn't make the Bills.

Oh, yeah, your center missed 3 games. A couple of other guys got nicked up. That's the way it is with OLers. Hunter remains your RT. Your OL depth remains wishful thinking. Maybe that shot putter the Jests tried out will do better than Ducasse.

Since Wake will be on the Fins DL in their new 4-3 alignment and he's a legit pass rusher, it seems to me that edge has to go to the Fins, particularly since Coples is a rookie with a questionable work ethic who will be asked to convert from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

Keller can't block crap, which is another reason that Hunter was so lousy last season -- no help from his TE. It's also why Jests fans are drooling over the prospect of Miami releasing Fasano. Keller's the Jests leading receiver the last two years only because your alleged "franchise QB" throws to his check-downs too much -- and Greene is a lousy receiver for a RB -- rather than downfield.

Your CBs are great, but your safeties stink. Landry and Bell are run stoppers not good pass defenders, and one is coming off a serious injury and the other is ancient. You're depending on a sixth or seventh round rookie to be your center fielder on passing plays. Good luck with that.

I didn't compare him to Rodgers but sensationalize that quote b/c, as usual, you have nothing else to counter my arguments.

I don't know, no particular reason I haven't posted at a Pats site. I deal w/ enough Pat fans at the sites I post at and the rational ones understand the Jets have been better 2 of the last 3 years and have been elite in that timeframe.

Tebow is going to run the ball a lot and not just outr of the WC.

Would he start in Miami? who cares, he'd slit carries w/ Bush- that would actually be a nice complimentary duo.

Would he make it in Buf? of course he would, he wouldn't get as many touches but he'd make it. Greene has never been under 4 YPC like spiller has(and Spiller has played one less year).

Slauson was playing hurt most of the year and had major surgery once the season ended to where he wasn't able to go in OTAs/minicamp
Mangold missed almost 3 games but he was playing hurt for most of the year and clearly wasn't himself
Brandon Moore didn't play in a preseason game or go through a full camp. He was clearly not himself most of last year.

That group has had success, it didn't happen last year but I'm confident the OL will be much better based on track record.

How do we know Wake tranfors smoothly to DE? and if he's a DE that removes himf rom LB and means we get the edge at LB, right?

I love the jealous rival fans always wishing about coples work ethic and the LR stuff.

Keller is not a great blocker but he's come a long way, he's competent. We could use a blocking TE on the roster.

Sanchez threw downfield plenty(and quite well) when he had a deep threat in Braylon( http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/29/three-years-of-deep-passing/ ). He'll have 2 this year, he had none last year.

Eric Smith can play, he struggled last year but don't forget about him and there's still a chance Leonhard comes back. Our safeties this year are better than last year.

You are contradicting yourself. How will Tebow be your #2 rusher if he's NOT the starting QB in some kind of option offense similar to what the Donkeys ran last season?

he's going to run the ball some in the base offense, it's why they didn't bring in another RB to compliment Greene(there are some decent ones still out there) and why they asked Tebow to bulk up to 250 Lbs so he can take the pounding.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

You certainly earn your "Spin Meister" title. What exactly did Tony run here then?? (besides the offense into the ground...)
The guy is a bonehead, and I've been saying it for 3 years now. I'm not one of these homers who sung Tony's praises while he was here and now I hate him cuz he's with the Jets. The guy has a mind for 1962 offensive football, and that might be a stretch cuz I'm not sure he's aware of the fact that the forward pass is now a legal play.

EDIT : Also, I'm assuming that Tebow will be at the helm of the offense full time by week 6 or 7 at latest cuz I think Sanchez folds like a cheap tent behind that line... Just my opinion.

Tony was the HEAD COACH.

Unless Sanchez gets hurt Tim tebow will never be our regular QB.

insomnia411
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Incredible that two average teams concern themselves only with beating the other average team and nothing more.

Couldn't give a **** less about the average Jets.

I tend to agree with you, but I will say that if the Jets suck as bad or worse than we do, it softens the blow of our sucking... I hate the Jets and their fans with a burning passion, especially since I'm in NY.

insomnia411
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I didn't compare him to Rodgers but sensationalize that quote b/c, as usual, you have nothing else to counter my arguments.

I don't know, no particular reason I haven't posted at a Pats site. I deal w/ enough Pat fans at the sites I post at and the rational ones understand the Jets have been better 2 of the last 3 years and have been elite in that timeframe.

Tebow is going to run the ball a lot and not just outr of the WC.

Would he start in Miami? who cares, he'd slit carries w/ Bush- that would actually be a nice complimentary duo.

Would he make it in Buf? of course he would, he wouldn't get as many touches but he'd make it. Greene has never been under 4 YPC like spiller has(and Spiller has played one less year).

Slauson was playing hurt most of the year and had major surgery once the season ended to where he wasn't able to go in OTAs/minicamp
Mangold missed almost 3 games but he was playing hurt for most of the year and clearly wasn't himself
Brandon Moore didn't play in a preseason game or go through a full camp. He was clearly not himself most of last year.

That group has had success, it didn't happen last year but I'm confident the OL will be much better based on track record.

How do we know Wake tranfors smoothly to DE? and if he's a DE that removes himf rom LB and means we get the edge at LB, right?

I love the jealous rival fans always wishing about coples work ethic and the LR stuff.

Keller is not a great blocker but he's come a long way, he's competent. We could use a blocking TE on the roster.

Sanchez threw downfield plenty(and quite well) when he had a deep threat in Braylon( http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/29/three-years-of-deep-passing/ ). He'll have 2 this year, he had none last year.

Eric Smith can play, he struggled last year but don't forget about him and there's still a chance Leonhard comes back. Our safeties this year are better than last year.

he's going to run the ball some in the base offense, it's why they didn't bring in another RB to compliment Greene(there are some decent ones still out there) and why they asked Tebow to bulk up to 250 Lbs so he can take the pounding.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Tony was the HEAD COACH.

OK so our head coach with an offensive background had no say in what our offense did? Interesting take.
I'd definitely say Tony was neutered last year somewhat with Daboll here, but even if you take last year away, in '09 and '10 his outdated philosophies KILLED us.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
OK so our head coach with an offensive background had no say in what our offense did? Interesting take.
I'd definitely say Tony was neutered last year somewhat with Daboll here, but even if you take last year away, in '09 and '10 his outdated philosophies KILLED us.

Having a say and running the offense are 2 totally different things.

You lost in '09 & '10 b/c of poor QB play and the defense.

JCane
07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I worry about getting better and winning Super Bowls.

Beating the Jets tells me that we're capable of beating average teams.

Never understood why we treat the Jets so much differently than say the Bills or Patriots.

I want to beat the Patriots. They're actually a good football team going places.

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Sorry for threat hijacking. A quick request. Dolphin fans, can we get a vote here please: http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?321512-When-Will-Tebow-Become-a-Full-Time-Starter

You guys seem very confident in Tebow replacing Sanchez around mid season.

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Absolutely and 8 more reg season wins, 2 more playoff apps and 4 more playoff wins tells us all we need to know.

The person said 2009-2011, 2008 wasn't meaningless for you guys obiously.

5 of the last 7 and also 5 of the last 8, 5 of the last 9, 5 of the last 10, 5 of the last 11, 5 of the last 12,...

Miami has done a good job head to head, they match up well and seem to play their best when they play the Jets BUT the Jets have been the vastly superior team in recent years. When you haven't won a playoff game in over a decade and the jets have been to 2 of the last 3 title games that alone is vastly superior.

Take out Jets-Miami games and check the records vs. the rest of the league 2009-2011:

NYJ: 26-16 in reg season, 4-2 in postseason
Mia: 16-26 i reg season, 0-0 in postseason

VASTLY superior

You guys can wish all you want about the LR nonsense, that story was completely overblown, it had more to do w/ a frustrated team playing so poorly than anything else. I'd be more worried about a supposed harmonious LR that started out 0-7 and was never in the race than a team 8-5 that collapsed.

talent wise you guys were closer in recent years then you will be this year. Miami is 4th in talent in the division which is likely where they will be in the standing unless they can pass Buf again.

:lol: Yes, take out games in which the Jets are 2-4 in and Miami is 4-2 in. Sorry, but those games count. Comparing teams in head to head meetings and against common opponents is the best way to compare 2 teams. You already know Miami is 4-2 against the Jets over the last 3 years, so lets take a look at how the Jets are vastly superior.

Over the last 3 years, both the Dolphins and Jets have both gone 9-9 in the AFCE.

In 2009, the Jets went 3-3 outside the division in common games while the Dolphins went 2-4. A 1 game difference. The Jets got to play the Colts backups while the Dolphins had to face the starters the whole game.

In 2010 the Jets went 5-3 outside the division in common games while Miami went 3-5. A 2 game difference. If it wasn't for a bad call against Pitt when Roethlisberger fumbled on his way to the endzone, the Dolphins would have been even at 4-4. The Dolphins choked away close games agasint Cle and Det while the Jets won those close games with the help of stupid decisions by those teams.

In 2011, the Jets went 4-4 while the Dolphins went 3-5. A 1 game difference. The Dolphins lost by 1 point to the Cowboys, while the Jets were handed the game.

So, the Jets have won 4 more games than the Dolphins versus common opponents in 3 seasons. Better than the Dolphins, but not quite Vastly superior.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
:lol: Yes, take out games in which the Jets are 2-4 in and Miami is 4-2 in. Sorry, but those games count. Comparing teams in head to head meetings and against common opponents is the best way to compare 2 teams. You already know Miami is 4-2 against the Jets over the last 3 years, so lets take a look at how the Jets are vastly superior.

Over the last 3 years, both the Dolphins and Jets have both gone 9-9 in the AFCE.

In 2009, the Jets went 3-3 outside the division in common games while the Dolphins went 2-4. A 1 game difference. The Jets got to play the Colts backups while the Dolphins had to face the starters the whole game.

In 2010 the Jets went 5-3 outside the division in common games while Miami went 3-5. A 2 game difference. If it wasn't for a bad call against Pitt when Roethlisberger fumbled on his way to the endzone, the Dolphins would have been even at 4-4. The Dolphins choked away close games agasint Cle and Det while the Jets won those close games with the help of stupid decisions by those teams.

In 2011, the Jets went 4-4 while the Dolphins went 3-5. A 1 game difference. The Dolphins lost by 1 point to the Cowboys, while the Jets were handed the game.

So, the Jets have won 4 more games than the Dolphins versus common opponents in 3 seasons. Better than the Dolphins, but not quite Vastly superior.

even keeping those games in the jets have a huge lead and we take them out to compare what each team has done against the rest of the league and the gap is very wide.

In games against the rest of the league:

2009:
NY Jets 9-5
Miami 5-9
NYJ +4

2010:
NYJ 10-4
Mia 6-8
NYJ +4

2011:
NYJ 7-7
Mia 5-9
NYJ +2

Total: NYJ +10

playoff apps:

NYJ 2
Miami ZERO

Playoff wins

NYJ 4
Miami ZERO(since 2001)

DolfanISS
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
All this bickering over what will most likely be a season split is a waste of time.

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 12:58 PM
even keeping those games in the jets have a huge lead and we take them out to compare what each team has done against the rest of the league and the gap is very wide.

In games against the rest of the league:

2009:
NY Jets 9-5
Miami 5-9
NYJ +4

2010:
NYJ 10-4
Mia 6-8
NYJ +4

2011:
NYJ 7-7
Mia 5-9
NYJ +2

Total: NYJ +10

playoff apps:

NYJ 2
Miami ZERO

Playoff wins

NYJ 4
Miami ZERO(since 2001)

:lol2: You just removed them again. I don't really care what the records are against teams the other team never played. I care about head to head and common opponents. The Dolphins and Jets have both gone 9-9 in the AFCE, and the Jets are 4 games better over 3 years facing common opponents. That is hardly "Vastly superior". Especially when you consider the gimmes the Jets had over those 3 years. You like to think the Jets are on par with NE, but there is a much larger gap between the Jets and NE than there is between the Jets and the Dolphins.

I'll use some of your standards for judging superiority.

Over the last 3 years;
NE 9 more regular season wins
NE 1 more playoff App
NE 3 more div titles
NE 1 AFC title

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol2: You just removed them again. I don't really care what the records are against teams the other team never played. I care about head to head and common opponents. The Dolphins and Jets have both gone 9-9 in the AFCE, and the Jets are 4 games better over 3 years facing common opponents. That is hardly "Vastly superior". Especially when you consider the gimmes the Jets had over those 3 years. You like to think the Jets are on par with NE, but there is a much larger gap between the Jets and NE than there is between the Jets and the Dolphins.

I'll use some of your standards for judging superiority.

Over the last 3 years;
NE 1 more playoff App
NE 3 more div titles
NE 1 AFC title

We remove them to compare what they did against the rest of the league. Miami has done a good job against us but a terrible job against the rest of the league.

Including them:

2009:
NYJ 9-7
Mia 7-9
NYJ +2

2010:
NYJ 11-5
Mia 7-9
NYJ +4

2011:
NYJ 8-8
Mia 6-10
NYJ +2

NYJ +8

No matter what way you slice it the jets easily come out on top, it's not debateable.

NE has been the better reg season team but:

4 playoff wins to 2
playoff wins in 2 postseasons vs. 1
HEAD TO HEAD on the road AT Foxboro in the div rd
2 title game apps to 1

NE was better last year obviously, the Jets were better the 2 previous years.

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 01:24 PM
We remove them to compare what they did against the rest of the league. Miami has done a good job against us but a terrible job against the rest of the league.

Including them:

2009:
NYJ 9-7
Mia 7-9
NYJ +2

2010:
NYJ 11-5
Mia 7-9
NYJ +4

2011:
NYJ 8-8
Mia 6-10
NYJ +2

NYJ +8

No matter what way you slice it the jets easily come out on top, it's not debateable.

NE has been the better reg season team but:

4 playoff wins to 2
playoff wins in 2 postseasons vs. 1
HEAD TO HEAD on the road AT Foxboro in the div rd
2 title game apps to 1

NE was better last year obviously, the Jets were better the 2 previous years.

I slice it the fairest way you can which is head to head and common opponents. Jets are +4 with wins against Indy backups, Tony Romo, and OT wins against the Lions and Browns. Again, I don't care that the Jets got 4 more wins against teams the Dolphins never played. The Jets do come out on top any way you slice it, but the gap is not as large as you like to think it is.

The Jets advanced further than NE did the 2 previous years, but they were not better. No one other than fans of their own team care about AFCCG losses. I will take 1 Super App in 3 years over 2 AFCCG losses any day of the week.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I slice it the fairest way you can which is head to head and common opponents. Jets are +4 with wins against Indy backups, Tony Romo, and OT wins against the Lions and Browns. Again, I don't care that the Jets got 4 more wins against teams the Dolphins never played. The Jets do come out on top any way you slice it, but the gap is not as large as you like to think it is.

The Jets advanced further than NE did the 2 previous years, but they were not better. No one other than fans of their own team care about AFCCG losses. I will take 1 Super App in 3 years over 2 AFCCG losses any day of the week.

It's not really that fair b/c of home and road and time of year. In '09 Miami got Indy and No at HOME, the Jets had them on the road- is that an even comparison? of course not.

The bottom line is in 2 of the 3 years the jets qualified for the playoffs, won 4 playoff games and reached 2 title games. Those 4 playoff wins are more than Miami from 1995-2011, the 4 road playoff wins are more than Miaqmi has int heir history. There isn't a debate, the Jets have been vastly superior to Miami since Rex took over and for most of the last 15 years.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 01:34 PM

I love the whining about Romo, Cle and det. You beat us by 5 in 2009 when your D and STs scored TWENTY ONE pts and you are talking about the Dallas game? in '10 favre handed you the Minny game, You faced GB w/ half the team hurt, Santonio Holmes dropped a wide open TD and you beat us by 4, Sanchez threw 3 picks last year, so stop w/ that nonsense. Every team wins some close games.

Yes they were better- 4 playoff wins to 2 including beating them up at NE in 2010.

The Goat
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
:lol2::lol2: The Dolphins won the div in 2008 then got smoked at HOME in the WC rd, the Jets earned WC berths then won 2 ROAD playoff games in 2009 AND 2010 but enjoy that div title esepcially in a year w/o Brady. :lol:

Who is the ONLY team to win an AFC East title besides the Pats in a year Brady was NE's full time starter?

1) Could you conceivably narrow down your criteria any further? Let me try that. Who's the only team to ever Beat five previous Super bowl champions in the same war when none of them had anyone on IR, none played in a short week, and none had a guy named "Fred" on their roster.

2) Thank you for making my point. NOBODY CARES WHO WON THE DIVISON. That's not a "title." The only "title" games that are worth mentioning are Super Bowl games. Stop pretending that being in an AFC Championship game 2 or 3 years ago has relevance today.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM
1) Could you conceivably narrow down your criteria any further? Let me try that. Who's the only team to ever Beat five previous Super bowl champions in the same war when none of them had anyone on IR, none played in a short week, and none had a guy named "Fred" on their roster.

2) Thank you for making my point. NOBODY CARES WHO WON THE DIVISON. That's not a "title." The only "title" games that are worth mentioning are Super Bowl games. Stop pretending that being in an AFC Championship game 2 or 3 years ago has relevance today.

was I giving out a crazy #? The only AFC east champ besides NE in the Brady years. he took over in 2001, he's played every year except 2008 and NE won the div every year except 2002

The conference championship games are referred to as conference Title games or "Title Games" for short. Sorry that bothers you but we made back to back title games which mean much more than div titles. Would you rather win a dv title then lose at home in the WC rd or make it as a WC tam and play for the right to represent your conference in the Super Bowl?

So title games in 2 of the last 3 seasons are meaningless but a div title from 2008 isn't? seriously?

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
was I giving out a crazy #? The only AFC east champ besides NE in the Brady years. he took over in 2001, he's played every year except 2008 and NE won the div every year except 2002

Which also happens to be the only year that NE went 9-7. Gimme a break.

It's not really that fair b/c of home and road and time of year. In '09 Miami got Indy and No at HOME, the Jets had them on the road- is that an even comparison? of course not.

The bottom line is in 2 of the 3 years the jets qualified for the playoffs, won 4 playoff games and reached 2 title games. Those 4 playoff wins are more than Miami from 1995-2011, the 4 road playoff wins are more than Miaqmi has int heir history. There isn't a debate, the Jets have been vastly superior to Miami since Rex took over and for most of the last 15 years.

You are right. Playing Indy starters at home is much easier than facing their backups on the road. :lol: It is not completely fair, but it is a close as you can get. Comparing records against teams that the other team never played doesn't mean much. Again, both teams are 9-9 in the AFCE and the Jets are +4 against common opponents. There is no debating that the Jets have been better, but Vastly superior is very debatable.

I love the whining about Romo, Cle and det. You beat us by 5 in 2009 when your D and STs scored TWENTY ONE pts and you are talking about the Dallas game? in '10 favre handed you the Minny game, You faced GB w/ half the team hurt, Santonio Holmes dropped a wide open TD and you beat us by 4, Sanchez threw 3 picks last year, so stop w/ that nonsense. Every team wins some close games.

Yes they were better- 4 playoff wins to 2 including beating them up at NE in 2010.

It is not about winning close games. There is a huge difference in winning close games, and the other team throwing away a win. The Dolphins never trailed against the Vikings and the Jets were down 10-0 when Holmes dropped that pass. That is very different that the Cowboys having the game in the bag and then blowing a blocking assignment that gave the Jets 7, and then turning the ball over giving the Jets the ball in FG range. Det and Cle also had their games won if not for stupid mistakes at the very end. That is not the case with all of the games you mentioned.

Yes, the Jets are better than NE since the only thing that matters is 2 more playoff wins that resulted in AFCC game losses. :lol: Never mind the fact that the Jets have nothing to show for those +2 playoff wins in 3 years.

Over the last 3 years;
NE 1 more playoff App
NE 3 more div titles
NE 1 AFC title

I consider that better over a 3 year period.

Roman529
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
There isn't a debate, the Jets have been vastly superior to Miami since Rex took over and for most of the last 15 years.

Vastly superior? Where is this second Superbowl ring the Jets have won or any other significant win in the past 15 years???

Vaark
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/hwh7hi-1.jpg

rev kev
07-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Saprano and Tebow help the dolphins immensely

Saprano was quite frankly not very good but when you can't beat them join them eh' Rex? ;)

Saprano is no.1 not a leader so he should fit in nicely with Rex's style - no question Rex is the leader

Jim Kelly maybe said it best Tebow is there to PUSH the fragile one - If they were at all happy with Sanbrat you don't bring in Tebow who oozes LEADERSHIP - Kelly said this massive distraction it is to the rest of the Easts advantage - With the distraction of Tebow-mania in the locker room and out of the locker room - got to give the edge to MIA - JETS shall be that much more distracted than they were last year -

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 02:49 PM
You are right. Playing Indy starters at home is much easier than facing their backups on the road. :lol: It is not completely fair, but it is a close as you can get. Comparing records against teams that the other team never played doesn't mean much. Again, both teams are 9-9 in the AFCE and the Jets are +4 against common opponents. There is no debating that the Jets have been better, but Vastly superior is very debatable.

It is not about winning close games. There is a huge difference in winning close games, and the other team throwing away a win. The Dolphins never trailed against the Vikings and the Jets were down 10-0 when Holmes dropped that pass. That is very different that the Cowboys having the game in the bag and then blowing a blocking assignment that gave the Jets 7, and then turning the ball over giving the Jets the ball in FG range. Det and Cle also had their games won if not for stupid mistakes at the very end. That is not the case with all of the games you mentioned.

Yes, the Jets are better than NE since the only thing that matters is 2 more playoff wins that resulted in AFCC game losses. :lol: Never mind the fact that the Jets have nothing to show for those +2 playoff wins in 3 years.

Over the last 3 years;
NE 1 more playoff App
NE 3 more div titles
NE 1 AFC title

I consider that better over a 3 year period.

we played the backups for a qtr and a half. The starters were in there trying to build a big lead so they'd remain undefeated. Indy had gone 13-2 at home in that new building inclouding winning 13 straight until we beat them so yes playing at home against 4 qtrs of starters was easier than on the road w/ 2 1/2 qtrs of starters.

2 playoff apps to zero
4 playoff wins to zero

the jets have been vastlyt superior, only on a phins board would any NFL fans be debating Jets vs. dolphins the last few years. You don't even stack up w/ the Bengals or Lions so how could you b close to us?

It doesn't matter when those plays happened, they happened. Favre threw it away, Sanchez threw away last year, Holmes dropped it 2 years ago. Games like that happned, we FORCED a fumble on Romo then confused him into a pick. We made the plays to beat Cle and Det among others. In Cle we missed 3 FGs including a 24 yarder but I guess it only counts if our opponents miss 57 yarders?

We have a win over NE in Foxobro to show for it, we have elite status to show for it, if all that matters are SBs what does NE have to show for it? they have zero SB wins too but we've had more chances to reach SBs.

Vaark
07-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Outscored by Colts starters 45-27 when they were actually trying in '09 including 24-ZERO in the last 31 minutes of a game that mattered where 2 out of 3 of Indy's best defenders were either out or hobbled. Nothing more to see here folks.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Vastly superior? Where is this second Superbowl ring the Jets have won or any other significant win in the past 15 years???

1998-2011 seasons(14 seasons)(I said 15 or so)

playoff apps:
NYJ 7
Mia 5(4 came in 1998-2001)

playoff records:
NYJ: 7-7
Mia: 3-5

playoff wins:
NYJ 7
Mia 3

div rd wins:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

Title game apps:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

div titles:
NYJ 2
Mia 2
**note, 1 of Jets ttiles came in year Brady started 16 games, 1 of Mia's came in year Brady started 1 game)

avg. margin of playoff wins:
NYJ 10.8 PPG
Mia 5.3 PPG

avg. margin of playoff losses:
NYJ: 12 PPG
Mia: 30.4 PPG

Head to Head:
NYJ 19-9
Mia 9-19

It's not close, even adding 1 more year Miami has less playoff apps(in '97 they made it but were a quick 1 and done)

Saprano and Tebow help the dolphins immensely

Saprano was quite frankly not very good but when you can't beat them join them eh' Rex? ;)

Saprano is no.1 not a leader so he should fit in nicely with Rex's style - no question Rex is the leader

Jim Kelly maybe said it best Tebow is there to PUSH the fragile one - If they were at all happy with Sanbrat you don't bring in Tebow who oozes LEADERSHIP - Kelly said this massive distraction it is to the rest of the Easts advantage - With the distraction of Tebow-mania in the locker room and out of the locker room - got to give the edge to MIA - JETS shall be that much more distracted than they were last year -

The problem w/ that wishful thinking is Tebow wasn't brought in here to be a QB, he's not challenging Sanchez, there's no controversy or competition.

Vaark
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Outscored by Colts starters 45-27 when they were actually trying in '09 including 24-ZERO in the last 31 minutes of a game that mattered where 2 out of 3 of Indy's best defenders were either out or hobbled. That's all ya gotta know when anyone's trying to make a 7-7-2 team who beat teams with a cumulative .350 winning percentage more than they truly were.

Nothing more to see here folks.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Outscored by Colts starters 45-27 when they were actually trying in '09 including 24-ZERO in the last 31 minutes of a game that mattered where 2 out of 3 of Indy's best defenders were either out or hobbled. That's all ya gotta know when anyone's trying to make a 7-7-2 team who beat teams with a cumulative .350 winning percentage more than they truly were.

in real life where we don't just look at boxscores we understand they trailed just 15-10 when the starters were removed in week 16 then in the title game trailed by only 3 w/ less than 10 mins to play but please keep posting your jealous ramblings and excuses.

tay0365
07-05-2012, 03:15 PM

I agree, there really is nothing to see here. Junc can twist it anyway he wants with those smoke and mirror seasons, but the running game that was one of the things that helped them stay afloat long enough to back in to the playoffs will not be there, they have a receiver that is ready to become an even larger cancer if he does not see the ball at least 65% of the time, and the Jets will again have a QB that is rated closer to the bottom of all the starting QBs, then in the front.

The Jets are in a tailspin, and it's about to get worse.

Vaark
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
in real life where we don't just look at boxscores we understand they trailed just 15-10 when the starters were removed in week 16 then in the title game trailed by only 3 w/ less than 10 mins to play but please keep posting your jealous ramblings and excuses.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/10/hwh7hi-1.jpg

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree, there really is nothing to see here. Junc can twist it anyway he wants with those smoke and mirror seasons, but the running game that was one of the things that helped them stay afloat long enough to back in to the playoffs will not be there, they have a receiver that is ready to become an even larger cancer if he does not see the ball at least 65% of the time, and the Jets will again have a QB that is rated closer to the bottom of all the starting QBs, then in the front.

The Jets are in a tailspin, and it's about to get worse.

I'm the one twisting:lol2::lol2:

tay0365
07-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm the one twisting:lol2::lol2:

:up: Yup, very much, you really do need a reality check...if that is even possible.

rev kev
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
1998-2011 seasons(14 seasons)(I said 15 or so)

playoff apps:
NYJ 7
Mia 5(4 came in 1998-2001)

playoff records:
NYJ: 7-7
Mia: 3-5

playoff wins:
NYJ 7
Mia 3

div rd wins:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

Title game apps:
NYJ 3
Mia 0

div titles:
NYJ 2
Mia 2
**note, 1 of Jets ttiles came in year Brady started 16 games, 1 of Mia's came in year Brady started 1 game)

avg. margin of playoff wins:
NYJ 10.8 PPG
Mia 5.3 PPG

avg. margin of playoff losses:
NYJ: 12 PPG
Mia: 30.4 PPG

Head to Head:
NYJ 19-9
Mia 9-19

It's not close, even adding 1 more year Miami has less playoff apps(in '97 they made it but were a quick 1 and done)

The problem w/ that wishful thinking is Tebow wasn't brought in here to be a QB, he's not challenging Sanchez, there's no controversy or competition.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/Fotolia_14580874_XS300x225-1.jpg

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
:up: Yup, very much, you really do need a reality check...if that is even possible.

haha, I need a reality check. You guys are funny.

Kinzua
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Tebow is supposed to be the Jests' backup QB, NOT their backup RB! He's never been a RB of any kind. Put him at RB and he'll get Sanchez killed for sure when he whiffs on blocks worse than Keller and Hunter! :crazy: Trading for a backup RB/ST player/WC QB is even stupider than trading for a backup QB when you just signed a FA backup QB. :sidelol:

Really? IMO, he was brought in specifically to replace Sanchez because your owner doesn't think Sanchez is ever becoming a good QB. Replacing Sanchez with Tebow will take fans' minds off the fact that the Jests screwed the pooch on yet another QB ... at least until they realize that Tebow is even less effective than Sanchez. Of course, there will be all kinds of excuses made for Timmy, including that Jabba and Meatball wasted time with all this HB, WC, and ST crap rather than preparing Tebow to be the starter. IMO, that's who is going to take the fall for this QB debacle: Ryan and Sparano.

tay0365
07-05-2012, 04:08 PM
haha, I need a reality check. You guys are funny.

:thumbup: See the truth, be the truth, understand what's really the truth. :thumbup:

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Tebow is supposed to be the Jests' backup QB, NOT their backup RB! He's never been a RB of any kind. Put him at RB and he'll get Sanchez killed for sure when he whiffs on blocks worse than Keller and Hunter! :crazy: Trading for a backup RB/ST player/WC QB is even stupider than trading for a backup QB when you just signed a FA backup QB. :sidelol:

Really? IMO, he was brought in specifically to replace Sanchez because your owner doesn't think Sanchez is ever becoming a good QB. Replacing Sanchez with Tebow will take fans' minds off the fact that the Jests screwed the pooch on yet another QB ... at least until they realize that Tebow is even less effective than Sanchez. Of course, there will be all kinds of excuses made for Timmy, including that Jabba and Meatball wasted time with all this HB, WC, and ST crap rather than preparing Tebow to be the starter. IMO, that's who is going to take the fall for this QB debacle: Ryan and Sparano.

I didnt' say he was going to be in on every play, I said he'd run some out of base sets.

We traded for a unique weapon, one that will help our offense.

Please use logic for a moment. if they brought him in to replace Sanchez why is he playing STs? why was he asked by the Jets to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? On what planet does that make sense for a QB you expect to start?

I love the wishful thinking of Bills and Phin fans. Your team just spent $100 mil on a pass rusher w/ 2 career DD sack seasons and you are questioning our moves. Amazing.

tay0365
07-05-2012, 04:27 PM
The good news is, very soon we will know exactly where both teams are, both teams have a lot to prove.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
The good news is, very soon we will know exactly where both teams are, both teams have a lot to prove.

Absolutely, I can't wait.

tay0365
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolutely, I can't wait.

Same here. :)

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Lol, only a Bills fan would consider not signing or trading for a backup QB after signing Drew Who?

Bills fan trying to downplay Sanchez, even though their "BEARD" was one of the three QBs the threw more ints, fewer TDs, and fewer wins than Sanchez himself. Shouldn't you be sitting in a church or something, praying for Toronto Bills to make the playoffs?

Kinzua
07-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Lol, only a Bills fan would consider not signing or trading for a backup QB after signing Drew Who?

That fourth rounder your Jests wasted on Tebow could have turned into a better depth OT or C than the Jests have now. This draft had a goodly number of quality OLers from the top to the bottom.

Bills fan trying to downplay Sanchez, even though their "BEARD" was one of the three QBs the threw more ints, fewer TDs, and fewer wins than Sanchez himself. Shouldn't you be sitting in a church or something, praying for Toronto Bills to make the playoffs?

:sidelol: You really ought to think before you start bragging on Sanchize's stats. :sidelol:

FTR, Fitzpatrick still ended up with a higher QB rating than Sanchez, although it wasn't anything special to write home about.

JETSJETSJETS
07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
That fourth rounder your Jests wasted on Tebow could have turned into a better depth OT or C than the Jests have now. This draft had a goodly number of quality OLers from the top to the bottom.

Cool. We used it on a backup QB. Big deal. Drew Stanton wasn't going to change any thinking in that front office.

:sidelol: You really ought to think before you start bragging on Sanchize's stats. :sidelol:

FTR, Fitzpatrick still ended up with a higher QB rating than Sanchez, although it wasn't anything special to write home about.

Congratulations. Fitz also had more wins than Sanchez...oh, wait, cross that out.

It took him 7 years and 3 teams to beat out Sanchez' QB rating. You want a cookie, kid?

NYPhin24
07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Cool. We used it on a backup QB. Big deal. Drew Stanton wasn't going to change any thinking in that front office.

Congratulations. Fitz also had more wins than Sanchez...oh, wait, cross that out.

It took him 7 years and 3 teams to beat out Sanchez' QB rating. You want a cookie, kid?

you mean the Mark Sanchez with career 55 TDs and 51 INTs and a 73 career QB Rating? that "franchise qb"? man if that makes you a franchise QB, what does that make Brady and Rodgers and Brees?

JETSJETSJETS
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
you mean the Mark Sanchez with career 55 TDs and 51 INTs and a 73 career QB Rating? that "franchise qb"? man if that makes you a franchise QB, what does that make Brady and Rodgers and Brees?

Correct me if Im wrong, did I say Sanchez is a franchise QB?

I was comparing Sanchez with "The Beard".

DolfanISS
07-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Moore is better than Sanchez, Sanchez is better than Moore, Fitzpatrick is better than Garrard, Tannehill is better than Sanchez, Tebow is better than Fitzpatrick.

Oh the laugh Patriots fans must have as we compare are 5 or 6 crappy or unproven QB's LOL!

NYPhin24
07-06-2012, 02:51 PM

maybe not you specifically, but Junc swears by it, wouldnt trade him for two 1st round picks or Rivers or Matt Ryan, and all we heard from Jet fans the past two years was "the sanchize"

andytwo9
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
they betta beat em i need braggin rights

dskilz3
07-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Lets hope so!

Kinzua
07-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Once again, team wins is a team stat, and Fitz has played on lousy teams his entire career while Sanchez has played on playoff teams 2 of his 3 years -- and his team didn't make the playoffs last season largely because he crapped the bed.had a better QBR both for 2011 and for his career. He also has a better 2011 completion % and career completion %. Of course, you know that, but you can't argue anything else because Fitz had a better QB rating in 2011 and in his career. He has a significantly better completion %, too, both in 2011 and in his career, and your stud makes up for fewer INTs by fumbling more.

Oh yeah, and Sanchez has started 53 games, 1 more than Fitzpatrick so their experience level is about equal.

Keep on making excuses.

The Confessor
07-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Sorry, and as much as I hate the Jills, they currently have two QB's on their roster better than ANY QB on your roster :up:

Krush
07-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Those mods are clueless like the rest of us

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

now that was the most hilarius statement i've heard all week. it is a joke isn't it?

Krush
07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
somebody need to replace sanchez, tell him that pacifiers are going cheap these days.

Krush
07-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey mods can I at least get another tick mark for being a dolphin fan for 44 years?

Krush
07-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Rex is a joke and you know it, you're talking like sexy Rexy is a hall of famer or something.

Kinzua
07-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Rex is a joke and you know it, you're talking like sexy Rexy is a hall of famer or something.

He isn't? His teams lost 2 AFCCGs in a row ... doesn't that solidify his ticket to Canton?

PhinzN703
07-08-2012, 06:44 PM
He isn't? His teams lost 2 AFCCGs in a row ... doesn't that solidify his ticket to Canton?

In the janitorial building in Canton, sure.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Fitz threw LESS TDs, MORE INTs, led his O to LESS PPG and led his team to LESS wins. You can have QB rating.

Moore is better than Sanchez, Sanchez is better than Moore, Fitzpatrick is better than Garrard, Tannehill is better than Sanchez, Tebow is better than Fitzpatrick.

Oh the laugh Patriots fans must have as we compare are 5 or 6 crappy or unproven QB's LOL!

Pats fans must have been hysterical when Mark Sanchez outplayed Brady and helped the jets win a div rd playoff game in Foxboro.

In the AFC East there is Brady then way down is sanchez then way, way down are Moore and Fitz.

maybe not you specifically, but Junc swears by it, wouldnt trade him for two 1st round picks or Rivers or Matt Ryan, and all we heard from Jet fans the past two years was "the sanchize"

I wouldn't, I know a good QB when I see it. I don't want stat guys, I want winners.

Once again, team wins is a team stat, and Fitz has played on lousy teams his entire career while Sanchez has played on playoff teams 2 of his 3 years -- and his team didn't make the playoffs last season largely because he crapped the bed.had a better QBR both for 2011 and for his career. He also has a better 2011 completion % and career completion %. Of course, you know that, but you can't argue anything else because Fitz had a better QB rating in 2011 and in his career. He has a significantly better completion %, too, both in 2011 and in his career, and your stud makes up for fewer INTs by fumbling more.

Oh yeah, and Sanchez has started 53 games, 1 more than Fitzpatrick so their experience level is about equal.

Keep on making excuses.

Cincy had les talent around their QB and played ina tougher div yet w/ a rookie QB they made the playoffs while Fitz didn't even have his team in cotnention for the playoffs.

Sanchez has 47 reg season starts, Fitz 52
sanchez 27-20 w/ 2 playoff apps in 3 seasons
Fitz 17-31-1 w/ zero meaningful games in 7 seasons.

Before the "team wins" excuse.

In 2004 SL made the playoffs and won a playoff game, in '05 Fitz was 0-3 as Rams starter
In 2008 he was 4-7-1 w/ Cincy, in 2009 Cincy won the AFC North

in 52 starts Fitz has thrown 41 TDs and 47 INTs
in 47 starts Sanchez has thrown 55 Tds and 51 INTs, add in 6 playoff games and it's 64 TDs and 54 INTs

Sanchez is better no matter what way you slice it.

mtch77
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM

JETSJETSJETS
07-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Keep on making excuses.

Fitzy is in his prime. So much for that prime. Sanchez is not. He is still learning. Sanchez won't be 30 during the season. Fitzy will. I just want you to be around by the end of this season when Fitz fails once again, unsurprisingly.

JETSJETSJETS
07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Sorry, and as much as I hate the Jills, they currently have two QB's on their roster better than ANY QB on your roster :up:

Your football IQ is extremely visible with ur evaluation of a QB thats on his third team in three years.

Kinzua
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Fitzy is in his prime. So much for that prime. Sanchez is not. He is still learning. Sanchez won't be 30 during the season. Fitzy will. I just want you to be around by the end of this season when Fitz fails once again, unsurprisingly.

:sidelol: Excuses, excuses, excuses. If Sanchez was in the league a dozen years, you Sanchez apologists would still be whining about giving him more time to "learn to be a QB"! You might want to check what other QBs had done by the time they'd started 50+ games.

Sanchez has 1 more start than Fitzpatrick, 53 to 52. QBs, if they have any football smarts, learn more from starting games than riding the pine as 3rd stringers, so in terms of QB experience, it's time for Sanchez to either leave a dump or get off the pot! I expect Fitzpatrick to do the same.

Obviously, somebody of importance in the Jests FO thinks the same thing as I do about Sanchez, too, because they traded for Tebow. They wouldn't have done that if they really thought Sanchez was going to finally figure out how to read a defense.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
:sidelol: Excuses, excuses, excuses. If Sanchez was in the league a dozen years, you Sanchez apologists would still be whining about giving him more time to "learn to be a QB"! You might want to check what other QBs had done by the time they'd started 50+ games.

Sanchez has 1 more start than Fitzpatrick, 53 to 52. QBs, if they have any football smarts, learn more from starting games than riding the pine as 3rd stringers, so in terms of QB experience, it's time for Sanchez to either leave a dump or get off the pot! I expect Fitzpatrick to do the same.

Obviously, somebody of importance in the Jests FO thinks the same thing as I do about Sanchez, too, because they traded for Tebow. They wouldn't have done that if they really thought Sanchez was going to finally figure out how to read a defense.

How many of those other QBs have 2 title games in their first 3 seasons in the league? ben- who else?

Fitz has never played a big game in his NFL career let alone help his team get to and win postseason games. Fitz has been around 7 seasons, Sanchez 3 so while the on field experience is similar as far as playing time Fitz has been around this league more than double the years Sanchez has and that is huge.

Sanchez has 1 more start(including his 6 postseason games) than Fitz and he has better #s and helped his team win more games while still a very young QB in this league.

No one in the Jets FO thinks like you do(thankfully), they wouldn't have extended him and made moves to make him better this offseason if they didn't see him as the longterm QB.

Tim Tebow was NOT brought in here to challenge Sanchez, he was brought in as a trick play guy. It's why he's playing STs and why the team asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs.

DolfanISS
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Pats fans must have been hysterical when Mark Sanchez outplayed Brady and helped the jets win a div rd playoff game in Foxboro.

No they were hysterical when he followed that up by not making the playoffs the following year.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
No they were hysterical when he followed that up by not making the playoffs the following year.

otherwise known as a "Miami" or "Buffalo"

NYPhin24
07-09-2012, 02:06 PM
How many of those other QBs have 2 title games in their first 3 seasons in the league? ben- who else?

Fitz has never played a big game in his NFL career let alone help his team get to and win postseason games. Fitz has been around 7 seasons, Sanchez 3 so while the on field experience is similar as far as playing time Fitz has been around this league more than double the years Sanchez has and that is huge.

Sanchez has 1 more start(including his 6 postseason games) than Fitz and he has better #s and helped his team win more games while still a very young QB in this league.

No one in the Jets FO thinks like you do(thankfully), they wouldn't have extended him and made moves to make him better this offseason if they didn't see him as the longterm QB.

Tim Tebow was NOT brought in here to challenge Sanchez, he was brought in as a trick play guy. It's why he's playing STs and why the team asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs.

i see your breaking out the new arguments for this one..... they lost both games, they were 8-8 last season, choked terribly lost their last 3 and Sanchez was awful, just accept it and move on from your "title game" obsession

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
i see your breaking out the new arguments for this one..... they lost both games, they were 8-8 last season, choked terribly lost their last 3 and Sanchez was awful, just accept it and move on from your "title game" obsession

He was bad the last few games w/o a doubt, it happens but 2 title games in years w/ 4 road playoff wins is a big deal and it's not like he walked into a great team. The Jets hadn't won a playoff game since 2004, hadn't been to a title game since 1998 so it wasn't like Steve Young taking the keys to a dynasty from Joe Montana.

Let's look at some QBs through their first 2 postseasons:

Brady: 6-0, 2 SB titles, 6 TDs, 3 INTs
Ben: 5-1, 2 title games, 1 SB title, 10 TDs, 8 INTs
Rodgers: 4-1, 13 TDs, 3 INTs
Sanchez: 4-2, 4 road wins, 9 TDs, 3 INTs
Flacco: 3-2, 1 TD, 6 INTs
Vick: 2-2, 3 TDs, 3 INTs
Rivers: 2-2, 4 TDs, 5 INTs
Brees: 1-2, 1 title game(got 1st rd bye w/ 10-6 record), 5 TDs, 2 INTs
Eli: 0-2, 2 TDs, 4 INTs
Romo: 0-2, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Peyton: 0-2, 1 TD, 0 INTs
Ryan: 0-2, 3 TDs, 4 INTs

LANGER72
07-09-2012, 02:36 PM
2 titles games...all losses...blah, blah, blah...when does it end?

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
2 titles games...all losses...blah, blah, blah...when does it end?

2 is better than zero, right? I guess you prefer to miss the playoffs every year?

SabanHater
07-09-2012, 02:52 PM
He was bad the last few games w/o a doubt, it happens but 2 title games in years w/ 4 road playoff wins is a big deal and it's not like he walked into a great team. The Jets hadn't won a playoff game since 2004, hadn't been to a title game since 1998 so it wasn't like Steve Young taking the keys to a dynasty from Joe Montana.

why bring in Tebow if Sanchez is so great? why would they want to add a distraction like that?

LANGER72
07-09-2012, 02:58 PM
2 is better than zero, right? I guess you prefer to miss the playoffs every year?

Two is better than zero, but last year they didn't even make the playoffs...or beat the Miami Dolphins. You have nothing to crow about.

NYPhin24
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM

again picking selective stats that only benefit your argument, stop me if im wrong but do any of thats stats matter? lets take some selective more relevant points out of there, last year Brady went to the Superbowl, Eli won the Superbowl, Brees threw 46 TDs and broke Marinos single season passing record, Flacco went to the AFC title game (you know the thing you obsess over?), Rodgers went 15-1, Ben with multiple injuries led his team to the playoffs......

and Mark Sanchez..... went 8-8, lost his last 3 games including 3INTs single handily choking agaisnt the "inferior" dolphins, couldnt control his diva WR, and was bottom 5 in completion percentage, had 22 turnovers, and a 78 QB rating

but keep referencing irrelevant stats from 2 years ago, even though earlier in this thread you said you would rather have a winner than a stat guy, but again as we know it only counts if its beenficial for your argument

sm0kinfins
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Two is better than zero, but last year they didn't even make the playoffs...or beat the Miami Dolphins. You have nothing to crow about.

That won't stop him. Never has. Never will.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
why bring in Tebow if Sanchez is so great? why would they want to add a distraction like that?

To HELP Sanchez, to bring back the Brad Smith role. Tebow is not a good QB but he is a good weapon and adds a wrinkle to the O for opposing D's to prepare for.

We did beat the dolphins, we also lost to them but don't pretend like you swept us. There's nothing to crow about w/ our poor season in 2011 except when dolphin fans make funs of us then we can discuss how bad we were but were 2 games better than Miami:lol:

again picking selective stats that only benefit your argument, stop me if im wrong but do any of thats stats matter? lets take some selective more relevant points out of there, last year Brady went to the Superbowl, Eli won the Superbowl, Brees threw 46 TDs and broke Marinos single season passing record, Flacco went to the AFC title game (you know the thing you obsess over?), Rodgers went 15-1, Ben with multiple injuries led his team to the playoffs......

and Mark Sanchez..... went 8-8, lost his last 3 games including 3INTs single handily choking agaisnt the "inferior" dolphins, couldnt control his diva WR, and was bottom 5 in completion percentage, had 22 turnovers, and a 78 QB rating

but keep referencing irrelevant stats from 2 years ago, even though earlier in this thread you said you would rather have a winner than a stat guy, but again as we know it only counts if its beenficial for your argument

What is selective about it? Mark has played in only 2 postseasons, should I compare him to Peyton's 10 postseasons? Is that fair?

Mark failed last year but were Flacco, Eli, Brees, Brady in the title game the year before?

The stats are irrelevant to you b/c they show Sanchez in a positive light and you can't stand that.

Dsteve
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
If you're honestly happy wth sanchez as the jets starting quarterback at this point then you're either being a troll or a total moron. Sanchez the game manager was on a team with a great defense that was a run first, ball control offense. Getting that far those years actually hurt your team because it bought sanchez time when in reality he had not earned it through his play. The best comparision to a dolphins team would be the fiedler era dolphins. You won't find a non-moronic dolphin fan support fielder the way you're supporting sanchez.

This is the last chance for sanchez. If he comes out flat, he's gone next season.

fishfanmiami
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
if you Jets guys are high on Sanchez that is cool. Tony will probably take the ball out of his hands anyways using Tebow in some wild cat hybred.
It may even work for a few games like it did down here. Expect lots of field goals and fist pumps a plenty but few TD's.

welcome to our world fellas :3w:

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM
If you're honestly happy wth sanchez as the jets starting quarterback at this point then you're either being a troll or a total moron. Sanchez the game manager was on a team with a great defense that was a run first, ball control offense. Getting that far those years actually hurt your team because it bought sanchez time when in reality he had not earned it through his play. The best comparision to a dolphins team would be the fiedler era dolphins. You won't find a non-moronic dolphin fan support fielder the way you're supporting sanchez.

This is the last chance for sanchez. If he comes out flat, he's gone next season.

or C) I know what I'm watching.

Our D was never great, it was very good most of '09 and parts of '10. Our run game was excellent in '09 and faded down the stretch in '10. In '09 he was more along for the ride as a rookie but in '10 he led numerous late game comebacks when the D and run game failed. In 2011 he took a step back, it happens but keep in mind it wasn't all on him. 3 of his expected top weapons(LT, Plax and Mason) are out of football right now (2 retired and 1 can't get a job). Could he have played better? YES, should he have played bettre? YES but it wasn't all on him.

if you Jets guys are high on Sanchez that is cool. Tony will probably take the ball out of his hands anyways using Tebow in some wild cat hybred.
It may even work for a few games like it did down here. Expect lots of field goals and fist pumps a plenty but few TD's.

welcome to our world fellas :3w:

The difference is Tony is our OC not HC, many OC's become more conservative when they become HCs.

fishfanmiami
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Brian S. was an offensive genius compared to Tony. Three yards and a cloud of dust is just how he liked it.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Brian S. was an offensive genius compared to Tony. Three yards and a cloud of dust is just how he liked it.

how would you know? Tony didn't run your offense.

JETSJETSJETS
07-09-2012, 04:45 PM

U really do like those *** smileys. Before the start of 2010 season, Sanchez had 19 starts. Fitzy had 23 starts. It was Ryan's 2nd season and Fitzy's 6th season. Do you really think those two QBs were on almost equal grounds as far as learning NFL offenses?

As for your smart Tebow comments, u really think Tebow is an upgrade when it comes to reading defenses?

NYPhin24
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
To HELP Sanchez, to bring back the Brad Smith role. Tebow is not a good QB but he is a good weapon and adds a wrinkle to the O for opposing D's to prepare for.

We did beat the dolphins, we also lost to them but don't pretend like you swept us. There's nothing to crow about w/ our poor season in 2011 except when dolphin fans make funs of us then we can discuss how bad we were but were 2 games better than Miami:lol:

What is selective about it? Mark has played in only 2 postseasons, should I compare him to Peyton's 10 postseasons? Is that fair?

Mark failed last year but were Flacco, Eli, Brees, Brady in the title game the year before?

The stats are irrelevant to you b/c they show Sanchez in a positive light and you can't stand that.

everything you write on this forum shows Sanchez in a positive light first off, and no the stats are irrelevant because none of them matter considering every QB on that list had a better year than Sanchez last year besides Peyton who didnt play

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 05:14 PM
everything you write on this forum shows Sanchez in a positive light first off, and no the stats are irrelevant because none of them matter considering every QB on that list had a better year than Sanchez last year besides Peyton who didnt play

That's just not true at all, I speak honestly about him. I criticized him for his play in 2011, I praised him for 2010. When he plays well I will say so, when he plays poorly I will say so. I am fair unlike you guys who act like he's the worst QB in the league.

Finland
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
The old Buffalo Miami battles and rivalries were great and I "got it", both teams were great. I can't believe how preoccupied Dolphin fans are with the Jets.

CedarPhin
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
They're the Jets, they've never accomplished much other than having a drunk QB guarantee a SB victory (maybe he was drunk at the time?). I don't get it either.

NYPhin24
07-09-2012, 08:47 PM
That's just not true at all, I speak honestly about him. I criticized him for his play in 2011, I praised him for 2010. When he plays well I will say so, when he plays poorly I will say so. I am fair unlike you guys who act like he's the worst QB in the league.

I mean if you want to get technical, Sanchez was 4th worst in completion percentage, he "lead" an offense that lead the AFC in turnovers, ranked 27 out of 34 QBs in yards per attempt with a 6.4, 5th worst in interceptions, and 5th worst in taking sacks

i mean that tops 7 - 10 worst QB kinda stuff right there....

Adam Strange
07-09-2012, 09:17 PM
The old Buffalo Miami battles and rivalries were great and I "got it", both teams were great. I can't believe how preoccupied Dolphin fans are with the Jets.
Yes, you're certainly right that the old Buffalo rivalry was great and I have a tremendous respect for the early 90s Bills (of course, it's easy to respect them 20 years later; I hated them at the time). And there may be a bit too much of a myopic focus on the Jets since they're our only viable rivalry right now (the Bills being too weak to care about since 2000 and the Pats being too strong to stop since 2001).

However, there would be a lot less focus on the Jets (at least on the main forum) if the powers-that-be didn't give their shill on here free reign to turn every mention of the Jets (or Sanchez or Ryan or now Sparano) into a 20 page dissertation on why the Jets don't suck, why Sanchez is great, why Ryan is a great coach, etc and so on.

The Goat
07-09-2012, 10:40 PM

The conference championship games are referred to as conference Title games or "Title Games" for short. Sorry that bothers you but we made back to back title games which mean much more than div titles. Would you rather win a dv title then lose at home in the WC rd or make it as a WC tam and play for the right to represent your conference in the Super Bowl?

So title games in 2 of the last 3 seasons are meaningless but a div title from 2008 isn't? seriously?

No. Again, my point. And I'm not bothered, unless you completely misspelled "amused."

I just find it odd that you bring a pair of AFC Championship Game losses to the argument like they're a trump card of some sort. Remember, one of those losses came to the team that went 1-15 last year.

The Jets have undeniably been the better team as of late, but let's not pretend that a split or sweep either way this year would be even remotely surprising to anyone.

SF Dolphin Fan
07-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm more concerned about New England. The Jets are not the team to shoot for in the division or in the conference. That distinction, as it has been for a long time now, is the Patriots.

sinPHIN
07-09-2012, 11:28 PM
who gives a **** about the jets, they are overrated as hell. right side of the oline = crap, qb=crap, backfield = crap, safties=crap, lbs overrated as hell=crap.
we have won what 5 out 7 or 8. and that was with craptastic tony, and old man whats his face. and its hillarious they think tony is going to turn around the o. lmao run run run int run fg

cdz12250
07-10-2012, 03:14 AM
who gives a **** about the jets, they are overrated as hell. right side of the oline = crap, qb=crap, backfield = crap, safties=crap, lbs overrated as hell=crap.
we have won what 5 out 7 or 8. and that was with craptastic tony, and old man whats his face. and its hillarious they think tony is going to turn around the o. lmao run run run int run fg

The thing is, you're not factoring in hate here. The kind of hate that makes you rejoice in someone else's misfortune, un-sporting as that may be. That's the kind of hate a lot of us have for the Jets. It's the product of five decades of obnoxious Jets fans. Last season, crappy as it was, was made worthwhile for me by that last game, which I saw with my daughter's boyfriend, who is a rabid Jets fan. Brought out all my base emotions, especially cruelty. It was cathartic, truth be told. The Jets will always be important because of this.

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I mean if you want to get technical, Sanchez was 4th worst in completion percentage, he "lead" an offense that lead the AFC in turnovers, ranked 27 out of 34 QBs in yards per attempt with a 6.4, 5th worst in interceptions, and 5th worst in taking sacks

i mean that tops 7 - 10 worst QB kinda stuff right there....

he led an offense that was 13th in points scored even w/ all the problems around him.

5th worst in taking sacks:lol: it had nothing to do w/ our mediocre OL and WRs- it was all Sanchez:lol:

He threw 3 less TDs than supposedly elite ELi and just 2 more INts while leading his team to one less win. he couldn't be that bad, right?

How come you guys do nothing but post fantasy stats when they are bad then dismiss his very good postseason #s?

No. Again, my point. And I'm not bothered, unless you completely misspelled "amused."

I just find it odd that you bring a pair of AFC Championship Game losses to the argument like they're a trump card of some sort. Remember, one of those losses came to the team that went 1-15 last year.

The Jets have undeniably been the better team as of late, but let's not pretend that a split or sweep either way this year would be even remotely surprising to anyone.

is it better to get to a title game and lose or not make the playoffs at all? we have 4 playoff wins the last 3 years. 4 ROAD playoff wins which are more than Miami in their history and our 4 playoff wins are 1 more than Miami has total in the last 17 seasons.

No, we don't have a SB and that sucks but when dolphin fans make fun of a team that has been MUCH better than they have I must post the facts.

Kinzua
07-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Only homers like you care what Sanchez did 2 and 3 years ago. Last season he stunk it up, especially down the stretch.

The Jests FO extended Sanchez to give themselves more cap space now and to make the cap hit less if they cut him after this season. His extension included guaranteed money that was paid this year, but pro-rated over the life of the longer contract for cap calculations. By paying more/most of the guaranteed money this year, the Jests won't take as big a cap hit if they cut Sanchez next year because it's unpaid guaranteed money that counts against the cap in the year a player is cut.

I'm sure you'll keep telling yourself that Tebow wasn't brought in to replace Sanchez even after he's named the starting QB sometime early in the season. The Jests have a brutal run of 5-6 games against strong Ds to start the season, and I will be surprised if Sanchez survives that stretch as the starter.

Kinzua
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
The thing is, you're not factoring in hate here. The kind of hate that makes you rejoice in someone else's misfortune, un-sporting as that may be. That's the kind of hate a lot of us have for the Jets. It's the product of five decades of obnoxious Jets fans. Last season, crappy as it was, was made worthwhile for me by that last game, which I saw with my daughter's boyfriend, who is a rabid Jets fan. Brought out all my base emotions, especially cruelty. It was cathartic, truth be told. The Jets will always be important because of this.

Well said. Hatred is the key to division rivalries.

I still remember the goal posts in Ralph Wilson Stadium coming down in 1980 when the Bills finally beat the Fins after an entire decade of futility. Last year, I proudly donned my buffalo hat and paraded around the neighborhood in it when the Bills beat the Pats.

I fully admit that I root for all divisional rivals to get their butts whooped every week. Did I laugh every time some Ravens defender smacked Sanchez when they played last season? Damn right I did. Did I laugh when the Gnats beat the Pats for the second time in two meetings in the Super Bowl? Actually, I howled!

Vaark
07-10-2012, 09:56 AM
he led an offense that was 13th in points scored even w/ all the problems around him.

5th worst in taking sacks:lol: it had nothing to do w/ our mediocre OL and WRs- it was all Sanchez:lol:

He threw 3 less TDs than supposedly elite ELi and just 2 more INts while leading his team to one less win. he couldn't be that bad, right?

How come you guys do nothing but post fantasy stats when they are bad then dismiss his very good postseason #s?

is it better to get to a title game and lose or not make the playoffs at all? we have 4 playoff wins the last 3 years. 4 ROAD playoff wins which are more than Miami in their history and our 4 playoff wins are 1 more than Miami has total in the last 17 seasons.

No, we don't have a SB and that sucks but when dolphin fans make fun of a team that has been MUCH better than they have I must post the facts.

You have one legitimate season where you earned the postseason so more credit to you; sorry but an at best mediocre 7-7+2 meaningless gift games = the equivalent of Food Stamps public assistance. After the jest lost at home to Atlanta a dead team walking, if depending on their own devices and not the priority of 2 playoff locked in teams keeping their starters healthy, they deserved to stay at home.

The 2009 Food Stamps Jest

nyjunc
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Only homers like you care what Sanchez did 2 and 3 years ago. Last season he stunk it up, especially down the stretch.

The Jests FO extended Sanchez to give themselves more cap space now and to make the cap hit less if they cut him after this season. His extension included guaranteed money that was paid this year, but pro-rated over the life of the longer contract for cap calculations. By paying more/most of the guaranteed money this year, the Jests won't take as big a cap hit if they cut Sanchez next year because it's unpaid guaranteed money that counts against the cap in the year a player is cut.

I'm sure you'll keep telling yourself that Tebow wasn't brought in to replace Sanchez even after he's named the starting QB sometime early in the season. The Jests have a brutal run of 5-6 games against strong Ds to start the season, and I will be surprised if Sanchez survives that stretch as the starter.

Yes, I'm a homer b/c I speak the truth:rolleyes2:

only 2011 counts and specifically the last 3 games b/c he and the Jets sucked. We can throw out all good games and wins, the Jets will go 0-16 in 2012.

The cap hit would still be very big if they cut him, they signed him to lock him. The cap space was an added benefit.

Name me the teams throughout history that brought in a QB to start and played him as the upman on punts and asked him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? I know you are swept up in tebowmania and anything negative about the Jets but for once please look at this situation logically.

The only way Tebow starts is if Sanchez gets hurt.