PDA

View Full Version : When Will Tebow Become a Full Time Starter?

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Tim Tebow will definitely see a lot of playing time. This board thinks Sanchez will be a goner mid season.

Question: When do you think Tebow will replace a healthy Mark Sanchez to be a full time starting QB?

Qualification: Once Tebow becomes the full time starter, Sanchez will have ZERO playing time.

Edit: Forgot to make the votes public. I'll ask a mod if he can change that.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
The only way he ever starts for us is if Sanchez gets hurt.

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 11:54 AM
^Thats what I voted for. I said he wont start as long as Sanchez is healthy.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Clearly the Jets do not expect or want him to start or they wouldn't be using him on STs and have asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs.

grogan12
07-05-2012, 12:45 PM

It's funny how you come running to defend the dirty taco every time someone posts something about him. Are you so delusional that its beyond your comprehension that Sanchez could be benched for simply not playing well? What exactly have you seen that the rest of the NFL watching world hasn’t that makes you believe Taco boy is untouchable? I mean has he not remained one of the bottom 5 rated QB's in the League since he was drafted? I mean other than the green glasses you have implanted in your head, what possible justification could you have that makes you think the 28th rated QB in League can't be benched? Finally do you really believe for a second that Tebow was only brought in to run the wildcat?

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 01:10 PM
It's funny how you come running to defend the dirty taco every time someone posts something about him. Are you so delusional that its beyond your comprehension that Sanchez could be benched for simply not playing well? What exactly have you seen that the rest of the NFL watching world hasn’t that makes you believe Taco boy is untouchable? I mean has he not remained one of the bottom 5 rated QB's in the League since he was drafted? I mean other than the green glasses you have implanted in your head, what possible justification could you have that makes you think the 28th rated QB in League can't be benched? Finally do you really believe for a second that Tebow was only brought in to run the wildcat?

I clicked the "bew posts" button, this was a new thread, I read it and commented on it. That's generally how these boards work.

I don't know why I bother w/ you, it's clear you don't watch a lot of football.

Tebow was not brought in just to run the WC, he will also play Sts and will play in the base O w/ Sanchez at QB.

Putting all the other nonsense aside, if the jets expected him to start and acquired him to start why would they use him on STs? why would they ask him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? When has a starting QB ever been asked to bulk up to 250 lbs?

grogan12
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I clicked the "bew posts" button, this was a new thread, I read it and commented on it. That's generally how these boards work.

Tebow was not brought in just to run the WC, he will also play Sts and will play in the base O w/ Sanchez at QB.

Putting all the other nonsense aside, if the jets expected him to start and acquired him to start why would they use him on STs? why would they ask him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250? When has a starting QB ever been asked to bulk up to 250 lbs?

Wow, your green glasses are thick! So you really believe you’re going to see Tebow running back kicks or blocking? You really think that fat Ryan is going to risk his #2 QB like that? Sorry but the fact of the matter is Tebow was brought in because the coaching staff doesn’t have faith that Taco boy can get the job done. Mark my words the most you’re going to see Tebow play STs is as a holder on extra points and field goals. Odds say the dirty Taco is on the sidelines by week three.

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I doubt Tebow ever becomes the full time starter for the Jets this year. I don't doubt that Tebow might come in and start a game or 2 when Sanchez has his usual games where he is beyond awful (See against Buff 09, NE / Mia 10, and Bal 11) , but I don't think Tebow would remain the full time starter. Tebow has to develop a better passing game if he wants to be a full time starter again. I can't imagine how Holmes would react if the Jets only attempted 8 passes in a game with Tebow as a starter, or when Tebow throws a few off target passes his way. I don't see Tebow playing the way he played with the Broncos working with the Jets. But with Rex and Sparono, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

nyjunc
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow, your green glasses are thick! So you really believe you’re going to see Tebow running back kicks or blocking? You really think that fat Ryan is going to risk his #2 QB like that? Sorry but the fact of the matter is Tebow was brought in because the coaching staff doesn’t have faith that Taco boy can get the job done. Mark my words the most you’re going to see Tebow play STs is as a holder on extra points and field goals. Odds say the dirty Taco is on the sidelines by week three.

Sts does not mean returning kicks, he's going to be the up man on punts meaning he's going to have to block and cover kicks. Something every team wants their starting QB to do, right?

Tebow was brought in as a Brad Smith/trick play/versatile player- THAT'S It. Show mw an example of another team asking their starting QB to gain weight to get to 250 lbs? That's all we really need to know.

You want to take that bet? I'll bet you anything a healthy Mark sanchez is starting in week 3 and all 16 games. The only way Tebow starts a game is if Sanchez is hurt.

JETSJETSJETS
07-05-2012, 03:27 PM
I doubt Tebow ever becomes the full time starter for the Jets this year. I don't doubt that Tebow might come in and start a game or 2 when Sanchez has his usual games where he is beyond awful (See against Buff 09, NE / Mia 10, and Bal 11) , but I don't think Tebow would remain the full time starter. Tebow has to develop a better passing game if he wants to be a full time starter again. I can't imagine how Holmes would react if the Jets only attempted 8 passes in a game with Tebow as a starter, or when Tebow throws a few off target passes his way. I don't see Tebow playing the way he played with the Broncos working with the Jets. But with Rex and Sparono, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

Thats a fair assessment and I pretty much agree. Sanchez will have a bad game of course, but I don't think he'll get replaced unless Sanchez strings together a streak of bad games coupled with losses. I don't think you'll see Sanchez playing such games. Even last year, Sanchez had just two games with multiple ints in the first 13 games. Last 3 games were pretty bad for him but I expect him to be more reliable this year with some speed Jets picked up in WRs. That alone forces some pressure back to the safeties, which should open up some running game and short passing game.

The New Guy
07-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Thats a fair assessment and I pretty much agree. Sanchez will have a bad game of course, but I don't think he'll get replaced unless Sanchez strings together a streak of bad games coupled with losses. I don't think you'll see Sanchez playing such games. Even last year, Sanchez had just two games with multiple ints in the first 13 games. Last 3 games were pretty bad for him but I expect him to be more reliable this year with some speed Jets picked up in WRs. That alone forces some pressure back to the safeties, which should open up some running game and short passing game.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The season can't start soon enough.

sm0kinfins
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM

This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

nyjunc
07-09-2012, 03:18 PM
This is the bed time story Fat Boy Rex reads to the tortilla-wrapped fairy every night so he doesn't wet the bed in fear of the bogey man holding the clipboard on the sidelines.

You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start:lol:

sm0kinfins
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
You're right, we acquired hiom to take over for Sanchez but we are so stupid that we are using him as the up man on punts and are having him bulk up to 250 lbs. That's what anyone would do for a QB they expected to start:lol:

:ponder:... Naaaaw, too easy.

JCane
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
LOL @ Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow can take the job from Mark Sanchez.

Tim Tebow is one of the worst starting QBs in the history of ever. He's right up there with Ray Lucas.

ROADRUNNER
07-11-2012, 05:12 AM

God you better hope not, but it would be fun to see...............

NYCBillsFan
07-21-2012, 09:29 PM
IF it happens, and not due to injury, I'd say weeks 9-12. If the Jets started out 2-6, maybe even 3-5 depending on Sanchez's play in those games. That would mean that Sanchez has blown his chance and Ryan doesn't want to give up on the season.

nyjunc
07-24-2012, 07:57 AM
IF it happens, and not due to injury, I'd say weeks 9-12. If the Jets started out 2-6, maybe even 3-5 depending on Sanchez's play in those games. That would mean that Sanchez has blown his chance and Ryan doesn't want to give up on the season.

2-6 isn't happening so I'm not concerned but I agree if we were 2-6 or 2-7 then maybe they make a move.

Kinzua
07-24-2012, 09:47 AM

If Sanchez doesn't play lights out from the get-go, he'll be watching Tebow from the bench in short order. The Jets open the season with 5 tough games: Pitt, Houston, and San Francisco plus division rivals Bills and Fins. The Tebots in the stands will be chanting their hero's name every time Sanchez throws an INC or gets sacked and will go absolutely ballistic if he throws an INT or three.

2-6 isn't happening so I'm not concerned but I agree if we were 2-6 or 2-7 then maybe they make a move.

1-4 got Orton benched for Timmy, and Jests fans have much higher expectations for their team than Donkeys fans had, so even 2-3 could get Sanchez pulled if he's NOT blameless in the losses, and the Jests could, indeed, start the season 2-6. Their weakness has always been their offense, and I'm NOT convinced that Sparano is going to build a great offense with what he's got on the Jests offense.

truthbtold
07-29-2012, 01:19 AM
If Sanchez doesn't play lights out from the get-go, he'll be watching Tebow from the bench in short order. The Jets open the season with 5 tough games: Pitt, Houston, and San Francisco plus division rivals Bills and Fins. The Tebots in the stands will be chanting their hero's name every time Sanchez throws an INC or gets sacked and will go absolutely ballistic if he throws an INT or three.

1-4 got Orton benched for Timmy, and Jests fans have much higher expectations for their team than Donkeys fans had, so even 2-3 could get Sanchez pulled if he's NOT blameless in the losses, and the Jests could, indeed, start the season 2-6. Their weakness has always been their offense, and I'm NOT convinced that Sparano is going to build a great offense with what he's got on the Jests offense.

Guys like you crack me up. Do you think everyone on the Jets staff was in a coma during the Bronco game last year? Do you think nobody noticed that Tebow couldn't complete a pass for the first 55 minutes? You think they watched that performance and thought --"Wow ... that's the guy we want running our offense!"?? The idea that he'll replace Sanchez is idiotic. EVERYONE knows he can't throw. You don't bring him in to replace a guy you drafted to be your franchise QB and just gave a multi million dollar extension. If that was the case, they would have brought in somebody who can throw the football.

Denver had no choice but to play Tebow ... they made him a first round draft choice. what were they going to do ... play him on special teams? He should have been a third or fourth round pick. The Jets will use him the way he should have been used all along . Is it possible he comes in to relieve Sanchez if he's having a horrible game? .... sure. But you can bet your life Sanchez will be starting the following week. The only way Tebow starts a game at QB is if Sanchez loses both his arms in a farming accident.

Clipse
07-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Sanchez is awful. Somehow, Tebow manages to be much worse. But once Sanchez leads the Jets to another ****ty record he'll be benched in 9-12 games since they'll have nothing to lose at that point.

nyjunc
07-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Sanchez is awful. Somehow, Tebow manages to be much worse. But once Sanchez leads the Jets to another ****ty record he'll be benched in 9-12 games since they'll have nothing to lose at that point.

"another"? he has yet to lead them to a "sh**y record(or a dolphin record as it is known around the league).

This team isn't starting 1-4, we aren't the denver broncos. There's a better chance Buffalo and Miami are playing each other in the AFC Championship game than the Jets starting 2-6.

Clipse
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
"another"? he has yet to lead them to a "sh**y record(or a dolphin record as it is known around the league).

This team isn't starting 1-4, we aren't the denver broncos. There's a better chance Buffalo and Miami are playing each other in the AFC Championship game than the Jets starting 2-6.

You didn't make the playoffs last year. That's ****ty in my book. Get used to it. Sanchez and Tebow are easily the worst QB depth chart in the league.

nyjunc
07-30-2012, 11:30 AM
You didn't make the playoffs last year. That's ****ty in my book. Get used to it. Sanchez and Tebow are easily the worst QB depth chart in the league.

stil had a better record than Miami has has in recent years. a backup QB who has more playoff wins undre his belt than your team from 2001-2011 is the worst depth in the league?

Clipse
07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
stil had a better record than Miami has has in recent years. a backup QB who has more playoff wins undre his belt than your team from 2001-2011 is the worst depth in the league?

Sure is. Sucks your running game, OL, and defense aren't as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Now Sanchez actually has to do something positive for the team in order to win instead of riding coattails. Of course he's one of the 5 worst starting QB's in the league, so another playoff-less season coming up with Sanchez probably being let go next offseason. Oh well.

nyjunc
07-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Sure is. Sucks your running game, OL, and defense aren't as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Now Sanchez actually has to do something positive for the team in order to win instead of riding coattails. Of course he's one of the 5 worst starting QB's in the league, so another playoff-less season coming up with Sanchez probably being let go next offseason. Oh well.

it amazes me how people hate a team so mcuh they can't give them any credit. I'm sure I am guilty at times though not w/ you guys since you never have asuccess anymore:chuckle:

we see bottom 5 QBs helping teams to 2 title games in 3 years all the time:lol:

The New Guy
07-30-2012, 02:16 PM
it amazes me how people hate a team so mcuh they can't give them any credit. I'm sure I am guilty at times though not w/ you guys since you never have asuccess anymore:chuckle:

I wonder how long you will be talking about those AFCC games in defense of Sanchez? 2 title games in 3 years...... 2 title games in 4 years........ 2 title games in 5 years...... :chuckle:

nyjunc
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I wonder how long you will be talking about those AFCC games in defense of Sanchez? 2 title games in 3 years...... 2 title games in 4 years........ 2 title games in 5 years...... :chuckle:

as long as it is relevant

Clipse
07-30-2012, 03:08 PM

I did give your team credit. Great defense, OL, and running game. Sanchez sucks though. Everyone knows this including most Jets fans who aren't homers. If you feel so confident about Sanchez not being a terrible QB we can do a sig bet or something. The Jets will not make the playoffs this year if Sanchez is starting.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

as long as it is relevant

It isn't. Most people have already forgotten as nobody cares about AFC runner ups.

MadDog 88
07-30-2012, 03:15 PM
I did give your team credit. Great defense, OL, and running game. Sanchez sucks though. Everyone knows this including most Jets fans who aren't homers. If you feel so confident about Sanchez not being a terrible QB we can do a sig bet or something. The Jets will not make the playoffs this year if Sanchez is starting.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

It isn't. Most people have already forgotten as nobody cares about AFC runner ups.There are a few who think the AFCCG runner up is an accomplishment and their act is wearing thin.

nyjunc
07-30-2012, 03:32 PM

It isn't. Most people have already forgotten as nobody cares about AFC runner ups.

You don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play.

I'd make that bet.

the people that don't care(but should) are the fans of the team that hasn't made it that far in 20 years, I realize in your world it may be better to never make the playoffs but I enjoyed the 2 runs and look forward to more.

Clipse
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Enjoy it. I would. But don't sit here and act like it's relevant to anyone but Jets fans. It's not. Nobody cares about 3rd/4th place. Especially being 2 years ago as a 2 season fluke with a non-playoff season afterwards with more to come.

nyjunc
07-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Enjoy it. I would. But don't sit here and act like it's relevant to anyone but Jets fans. It's not. Nobody cares about 3rd/4th place. Especially being 2 years ago as a 2 season fluke with a non-playoff season afterwards with more to come.

a 2 season fluke? that's a new one, I would think a team that missed 6 staright postseasons then won a division then missed at least the next 3 postseasons would be a fluke not a team that made BACK TO BACK title games.

Kinzua
07-31-2012, 09:41 AM
You don't win as much as we have w/ poor QB play.

I'd make that bet.

the people that don't care(but should) are the fans of the team that hasn't made it that far in 20 years, I realize in your world it may be better to never make the playoffs but I enjoyed the 2 runs and look forward to more.

I wouldn't call 28-20 (58.3% winning percent) all that many wins. Last season, the Jets' poor QB play was what kept them out of the playoffs.

nyjunc
07-31-2012, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't call 28-20 (58.3% winning percent) all that many wins. Last season, the Jets' poor QB play was what kept them out of the playoffs.

no team has more playoff wins since Sanchez has entered the league.

Numerous factors kept them out of the playoffs last year including the QB.

Clipse
07-31-2012, 10:16 AM
a 2 season fluke? that's a new one, I would think a team that missed 6 staright postseasons then won a division then missed at least the next 3 postseasons would be a fluke not a team that made BACK TO BACK title games.

They're both flukes. Any team that only manages to be relevant for a season or 2 before sucking again is a fluke. As much as you want to believe it, the Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Steelers. Not the Colts. Not even remotely close.

Clipse
07-31-2012, 10:23 AM
no team has more playoff wins since Sanchez has entered the league.

Numerous factors kept them out of the playoffs last year including the QB.

Sanchez didn't win those games. He was just along for the ride. He had an efficient game vs. the Bengals in 2009, but Shonn Greene and the defense were the winning factor. He was awful vs. the Chargers. The defense, Greene and Nate Kaeding were the reason they won. In 2010, Sanchez was bad vs. the Colts. The defense once again was the reason they won holding the Colts to only 16 points. A great game against the Patriots laughable defense is the only game he was the leading factor of. Even then, holding the Patriots to only 21 had as much to do with the win than Sanchez.

Let's not sit here and act like he put the team on his back through the playoffs. He didn't. Quite the opposite. And playing better in the playoffs is irrelevant when you suck so much in the regular season, that making the playoffs doesn't happen, which is to be expected from the Jets until they get a better QB.

nyjunc
07-31-2012, 10:31 AM
They're both flukes. Any team that only manages to be relevant for a season or 2 before sucking again is a fluke. As much as you want to believe it, the Jets aren't the Patriots. Not the Steelers. Not the Colts. Not even remotely close.

we sucked again? 8-8 would be more wins than Miami has had since 2008.

None of those teams has more playoff wins the last 3 seasons. We need to win a SB to get into the convewrsation but we're not doing too bad- it's not like we haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

Sanchez didn't win those games. He was just along for the ride. He had an efficient game vs. the Bengals in 2009, but Shonn Greene and the defense were the winning factor. He was awful vs. the Chargers. The defense, Greene and Nate Kaeding were the reason they won. In 2010, Sanchez was bad vs. the Colts. The defense once again was the reason they won holding the Colts to only 16 points. A great game against the Patriots laughable defense is the only game he was the leading factor of. Even then, holding the Patriots to only 21 had as much to do with the win than Sanchez.

Let's not sit here and act like he put the team on his back through the playoffs. He didn't. Quite the opposite. And playing better in the playoffs is irrelevant when you suck so much in the regular season, that making the playoffs doesn't happen, which is to be expected from the Jets until they get a better QB.

He was a major part of why we won. he didn't carry us, he's not tom Brady but he outplayed Brady in the playoffs.

If you think he was awful against SD you clearly have no idea what you are watching.

You are just a bitter, jealous div rival fan that cannot be objective.

Clipse
07-31-2012, 12:40 PM
we sucked again? 8-8 would be more wins than Miami has had since 2008.

None of those teams has more playoff wins the last 3 seasons. We need to win a SB to get into the convewrsation but we're not doing too bad- it's not like we haven't won a playoff game since 2000.

He was a major part of why we won. he didn't carry us, he's not tom Brady but he outplayed Brady in the playoffs.

If you think he was awful against SD you clearly have no idea what you are watching.

You are just a bitter, jealous div rival fan that cannot be objective.

only in your little delusional world is 100 passing yards with a 52.2 completion percentage, a 60.2 passer rating, a 4.35 average yards per attempt, with 1 pick and TD, leading the team to only 17 points, not awful. Chad Henne must've been an elite QB then by your standards. Glad I don't suffer from such delusions. Looking forward to watching your excuses this season when the expected happens again. Well, expected to everyone else but you.

nyjunc
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
only in your little delusional world is 100 passing yards with a 52.2 completion percentage, a 60.2 passer rating, a 4.35 average yards per attempt, with 1 pick and TD, leading the team to only 17 points, not awful. Chad Henne must've been an elite QB then by your standards. Glad I don't suffer from such delusions. Looking forward to watching your excuses this season when the expected happens again. Well, expected to everyone else but you.

Watch the game not the boxscore. He was vital to that win coming up w/ numerous big plays to help us win. a boxscore only tells you so much, Mark's #s were much better a week later and he helped us to the same apunt of points but he wasn't nearly as good. #s only tell part of the story.

Clipse
07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Watch the game not the boxscore. He was vital to that win coming up w/ numerous big plays to help us win. a boxscore only tells you so much, Mark's #s were much better a week later and he helped us to the same apunt of points but he wasn't nearly as good. #s only tell part of the story.

Stop. He was putrid. Nate Kaeding was the Jets MVP of that game with the defense and Shonn Greene after him. Sanchez got bailed out worse than GM.

nyjunc
07-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Stop. He was putrid. Nate Kaeding was the Jets MVP of that game with the defense and Shonn Greene after him. Sanchez got bailed out worse than GM.

you just don't have any idea what you are watching. I bet if he threw for 300 yds and didnt' make in big plays to help his team win you'd say he played well. #s tell part of the story, one QB cost his team the game that day and it was Philip Rivers.

Eli_Manning
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Did you see the ESPN article of Tim Tebow running shirtless in the rain?

JETSJETSJETS
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM

As long as we keep winning, MS can be as putrid as possible.

This board is fascinated with stats. No wonder why Dan Marino couldn't get the job done. He was all stats, but no ring to show for.

Sharkbait
08-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Sanchez can succeed with more weapons; he's shown a killer instinct in games that matter. You don't make conference championships without skill. Yeah he's uneven but like Junc said numbers are only part of the story. Being a Fin fan I'd much rather face Tebow than Sanchez as a starting QB.

However when your career numbers are equal to Chad Henne you've going to get criticized. :idk:

I agree with Junc; Tebow is a Wildcat QB designed to take advantage of mismatches on defense. You have to accout for him as a runner and a thrower. He may not be deadly like Cam Newton or even Mike Vick but he creates mismatches.

13ktownguy
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM

You Rex's nephew are ya?

13ktownguy
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Guys like you crack me up. Do you think everyone on the Jets staff was in a coma during the Bronco game last year? Do you think nobody noticed that Tebow couldn't complete a pass for the first 55 minutes? You think they watched that performance and thought --"Wow ... that's the guy we want running our offense!"?? The idea that he'll replace Sanchez is idiotic. EVERYONE knows he can't throw. You don't bring him in to replace a guy you drafted to be your franchise QB and just gave a multi million dollar extension. If that was the case, they would have brought in somebody who can throw the football.

Denver had no choice but to play Tebow ... they made him a first round draft choice. what were they going to do ... play him on special teams? He should have been a third or fourth round pick. The Jets will use him the way he should have been used all along . Is it possible he comes in to relieve Sanchez if he's having a horrible game? .... sure. But you can bet your life Sanchez will be starting the following week. The only way Tebow starts a game at QB is if Sanchez loses both his arms in a farming accident.

It was very wise getting a backup QB who cant throw when you have one of the worst starters in the league lol

Kinzua
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
As long as we keep winning, MS can be as putrid as possible.

This board is fascinated with stats. No wonder why Dan Marino couldn't get the job done. He was all stats, but no ring to show for.

What, exactly, have the Jets won recently?

JETSJETSJETS
08-26-2012, 05:51 PM
What, exactly, have the Jets won recently?

If you are talking about winning SBs, then yes, Jets haven't won one recently. And just to remind you, Bills have never won anything in that regard. Never.

If you are talking about wins, Bills haven't had a winning season since...since...since I don't know 15 years? Where as MS has probably won more games as a starter in last three years than the Bills have in the last decade.

If you were a Patriots fan, I wouldn't even argue. They've been an elite team for a long long time with a lot to show for. Being a Bills fan, you don't merit such questioning.

Tzimisce_
08-27-2012, 05:09 AM

I'll take that bet.

NYCBillsFan
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM
If you are talking about winning SBs, then yes, Jets haven't won one recently. And just to remind you, Bills have never won anything in that regard. Never.

If you are talking about wins, Bills haven't had a winning season since...since...since I don't know 15 years? Where as MS has probably won more games as a starter in last three years than the Bills have in the last decade.

If you were a Patriots fan, I wouldn't even argue. They've been an elite team for a long long time with a lot to show for. Being a Bills fan, you don't merit such questioning.

That's how you base people opinions? Your opinion is worth less than a Pats fan, a Giants fan, a Saints fan, because those teams had better success?

By the way, the Bills have a better franchise record than the Jets, so does that mean Kinzua's point means more than yours?

JETSJETSJETS
09-04-2012, 02:19 AM
That's how you base people opinions? Your opinion is worth less than a Pats fan, a Giants fan, a Saints fan, because those teams had better success?

By the way, the Bills have a better franchise record than the Jets, so does that mean Kinzua's point means more than yours?

Did u even read what I was replying to? Cuz ur post is pretty inaccurate.

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 07:52 AM

The Bills haven't been to a postseason this Century, they have only competed for one postseason in that timeframe. Please move along.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 08:28 AM
The Bills haven't been to a postseason this Century, they have only competed for one postseason in that timeframe. Please move along.

How ironic a Jet fan calling out Bills fan. You do understand that the last time the Jets went to a Super Bowl was 43 years ago right? Was it even called the Super Bowl?
:boohoo:

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
How ironic a Jet fan calling out Bills fan. You do understand that the last time the Jets went to a Super Bowl was 43 years ago right? Was it even called the Super Bowl?

what does that have to do w/ the Bills going 0 for the Century or NY teams beating the Pats in 3 of the last 5 Pats postseasons? or that you didn't know what a Patriot was until the SB of Feb of 2002.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 09:10 AM
what does that have to do w/ the Bills going 0 for the Century or NY teams beating the Pats in 3 of the last 5 Pats postseasons? or that you didn't know what a Patriot was until the SB of Feb of 2002.

Well for one, Bills and Pats fans have have had their ups and downs over the las 43 years but both teams have accpmplished far more than the joke of a team the Jets. Now you can pick this game or that year and argue until you're blue in the face but the fact remains that for all the loud mouth crap Jets fans spew, they do so on the back of 43 years of nothing. What makes it even better is that Jet fans are about six days away from what will be a full season of clown school, enjoy.

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Well for one, Bills and Pats fans have have had their ups and downs over the las 43 years but both teams have accpmplished far more than the joke of a team the Jets. Now you can pick this game or that year and argue until you're blue in the face but the fact remains that for all the loud mouth crap Jets fans spew, they do so on the back of 43 years of nothing. What makes it even better is that Jet fans are about six days away from what will be a full season of clown school, enjoy.

The Jets have won a SB so that trumps anything Buf has ever done. The Pats have clearly surpassed us w/ the '00s but let's not act like there is a huge gap byw our teams sicne Rex took over. last I checked we have double your playoff wins and beat you up in the only head to head postseason meeting.

You don't remember the Pats pre-Brady and how bad the organization was before BP turned it around in the 90s. I do.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
The Jets have won a SB so that trumps anything Buf has ever done. The Pats have clearly surpassed us w/ the '00s but let's not act like there is a huge gap byw our teams sicne Rex took over. last I checked we have double your playoff wins and beat you up in the only head to head postseason meeting.

You don't remember the Pats pre-Brady and how bad the organization was before BP turned it around in the 90s. I do.

Please, the myth of how bad the Pats was before Brady is just that, a myth. The Pats went to two Super bowls before Brady, and won their share of games, they had better than average sucess. The only thing that makes it seem differen't is that no team has had more wins than them in the last decade. You can try and pretend the Jets have kept pace with the Pats looking at your two year sample and holding on to that single playoff win if you like, but that will never change what the Jets really are, but don't worry, your going to have plenty of time to think about that one Playoff win while the Jets struggle to a 6-10 season this year and REX is shown the door. It's all about to happen, how's that make you feel?

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Please, the myth of how bad the Pats was before Brady is just that, a myth. The Pats went to two Super bowls before Brady, and won their share of games, they had better than average sucess. The only thing that makes it seem differen't is that no team has had more wins than them in the last decade. You can try and pretend the Jets have kept pace with the Pats looking at your two year sample and holding on to that single playoff win if you like, but that will never change what the Jets really are, but don't worry, your going to have plenty of time to think about that one Playoff win while the Jets struggle to a 6-10 season this year and REX is shown the door. It's all about to happen, how's that make you feel?

The Pats were the worst franchise in the NFL when parcells took over and were headed back down to those depths when Brady rescued the franchise..

From 1960-2000 the Pats had 1 more SB app and 1 less SB win. The teams were pretty even, Tom Brady elevated NE the last decade to move way out in front of us. Let's not pretend like you were anywhere near a top franchise pre-Brady or will be one post-Brady.

You can hope rex is shown the door, it will make life much easier on NE, but you know Rex isn't going anywhere and the Jets will not be anywhere near 6-10.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 01:12 PM
The Pats were the worst franchise in the NFL when parcells took over and were headed back down to those depths when Brady rescued the franchise..

From 1960-2000 the Pats had 1 more SB app and 1 less SB win. The teams were pretty even, Tom Brady elevated NE the last decade to move way out in front of us. Let's not pretend like you were anywhere near a top franchise pre-Brady or will be one post-Brady.

You can hope rex is shown the door, it will make life much easier on NE, but you know Rex isn't going anywhere and the Jets will not be anywhere near 6-10.

:lol: Your kidding yourself right? Do you have any clue what is coming your way this season?:hump:

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
:lol: Your kidding yourself right? Do you have any clue what is coming your way this season?:hump:

I assume you are basing this off of preseason? your OL has looked brutal so does that mean NE takes a step back? I realize you are new to football but if you think this is a 6 win team(barring disastrous injuries of course) then you really don't know what you are watching.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
I assume you are basing this off of preseason? your OL has looked brutal so does that mean NE takes a step back? I realize you are new to football but if you think this is a 6 win team(barring disastrous injuries of course) then you really don't know what you are watching.

My god you are out of your mind, only a fool would look at that roster and believe you have a chance at wining anything this year. You have not one but two complete garbage QB's and think that the "WILDCAT!!" will hide this fact from the rest of the league. :up: Please,,, if I knew nothing else about the weak Jets roster this would be enough, but add to the lack of a QB, the fact that you have an overated defense that gave up 5 game winning drives in the last two mins of games last year and you should start to get the picture of what's waiting for you. Oh but in three weeks, you won't be here any way, you'll hiding some place rewatching one of those AFC Championship losses, remembering the good old days.

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 02:37 PM
My god you are out of your mind, only a fool would look at that roster and believe you have a chance at wining anything this year. You have not one but two complete garbage QB's and think that the "WILDCAT!!" will hide this fact from the rest of the league. :up: Please,,, if I knew nothing else about the weak Jets roster this would be enough, but add to the lack of a QB, the fact that you have an overated defense that gave up 5 game winning drives in the last two mins of games last year and you should start to get the picture of what's waiting for you. Oh but in three weeks, you won't be here any way, you'll hiding some place rewatching one of those AFC Championship losses, remembering the good old days.

One of those garbage QBs went into Foxboro and led his team to a whipping off a 14-2 Pats team 2 years ago.

You have us confused, I don't run and hide when my team loses. We are all still waiting for your post SB comments.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 03:00 PM
One of those garbage QBs went into Foxboro and led his team to a whipping off a 14-2 Pats team 2 years ago.

You have us confused, I don't run and hide when my team loses. We are all still waiting for your post SB comments.

For starters I never said anything about the Super Bowl before or after, but if I was like you and your little Jest friends, I would probably be talking about how great the Pats are for just getting to the Super Bowl, you know just like your two AFC Championship losses. :rolleyes2: As for the dirty taco, if you think a 28-21 game is a whipping, then you don't understand football. All said and done, only two QB's in the NFL have a lower QB Rating than Taco boy, and wow, Teblow is one of them. Sorry, it's coming, and all the green kool aid in the world won't change whats about to happen to the New York Jokes.

Kinzua
09-04-2012, 03:05 PM

It was before there was an NFC, an AFC, and a Lombardi Trophy.

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
For starters I never said anything about the Super Bowl before or after, but if I was like you and your little Jest friends, I would probably be talking about how great the Pats are for just getting to the Super Bowl, you know just like your two AFC Championship losses. :rolleyes2: As for the dirty taco, if you think a 28-21 game is a whipping, then you don't understand football. All said and done, only two QB's in the NFL have a lower QB Rating than Taco boy, and wow, Teblow is one of them. Sorry, it's coming, and all the green kool aid in the world won't change whats about to happen to the New York Jokes.

B/c you ran and hid just like you will this year. It's comical for you to call out someone who is always here win or lose when you hide when your team loses.

When the jets have a good year will you be here to say so? I guess that depends, if Brady goes down and NE struggles you will run and hide AGAIN.

It was before there was an NFC, an AFC, and a Lombardi Trophy.

Didn't you have the same amount of opportunities to win SBs pre AFC & NFC?

Kinzua
09-04-2012, 03:25 PM

:sidelol:

How many division championships has Jabba the Svelter Jest won? 0. Hoodie? 3.
How many years have Jabba the Svelter Jests' teams made the playoffs? 2. Hoodie's? 3.
How many Super Bowls has Jabba the Svelter Jest participated in? 0. Hoodie? 1.

The only reason the Jests have won more playoff games than the Patriots is because they had to play in wild card games while the Pats had byes!!! :crazy:

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 03:35 PM

How many years have Jabba the Svelter Jests' teams made the playoffs? 2. Hoodie's? 3.

The only reason the Jests have won more playoff games than the Patriots is because they had to play in wild card games while the Pats had byes!!! :crazy:

You think they'd rather have the div titles in '09 & '10 or 2 cracks at the SB?

4 playoff wins to 2
head to head 28-21 win(Pats scored garbage time TD late) at Foxboro in '10 div rd.

The pats played in the 2009 WC rd and got hammered. In '11 they got a .500 team in the div rd which represents half of their postseason wins of the last 3 years.

In case you didn't realize it, it is HARDER to reach a title game needing to win 2 road games vs. needing to win 1 home game(or 1 road game which would have been the case for 2009 NE).

grogan12
09-04-2012, 04:12 PM
B/c you ran and hid just like you will this year. It's comical for you to call out someone who is always here win or lose when you hide when your team loses.

When the jets have a good year will you be here to say so? I guess that depends, if Brady goes down and NE struggles you will run and hide AGAIN.

News to me, I didn't know I was hiding just because I didn't run around talking about how great the Patriots are for having lost the Super bowl. See if I was a Jet fan I would be running around saying look at me, my team just lost back to back afc championships aren't we GREAT !!!! Only a jet fan has this type of thinking but I really can't blame the simple minded fools because if it had been 43 years since my last Super Bowl win I'd be finding ways to talk about losses as if they were wins to. :up:

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 04:15 PM
News to me, I didn't know I was hiding just because I didn't run around talking about how great the Patriots are for having lost the Super bowl. See if I was a Jet fan I would be running around saying look at me, my team just lost back to back afc championships aren't we GREAT !!!! Only a jet fan has this type of thinking but I really can't blame the simple minded fools because if it had been 43 years since my last Super Bowl win I'd be finding ways to talk about losses as if they were wins to. :up:

I wonder what you were saying pre 2001? you can be smug now b/c of Brady but those days are coming to end in the coming years so I hope you enjoyed it, then again you'll probably become a Colts fan or whatever young QB elevates his team to the best in the game.

grogan12
09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I wonder what you were saying pre 2001? you can be smug now b/c of Brady but those days are coming to end in the coming years so I hope you enjoyed it, then again you'll probably become a Colts fan or whatever young QB elevates his team to the best in the game.

No thanks, I was a fan through the Grogan and Eason years, I even got by during the Tommy Hoddson, Hugh Millen dark days, I'll be here long after Brady is gone. You see you know what the real difference between the Patriots & the Jokes? The Pats have an owner that wants to win even more than he wants to drain every dollar from the franchize. Your about to find out the real price your team paid for all those back page headlines. Enjoy your season, I know I will. :3w:

nyjunc
09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
No thanks, I was a fan through the Grogan and Eason years, I even got by during the Tommy Hoddson, Hugh Millen dark days, I'll be here long after Brady is gone. You see you know what the real difference between the Patriots & the Jokes? The Pats have an owner that wants to win even more than he wants to drain every dollar from the franchize. Your about to find out the real price your team paid for all those back page headlines. Enjoy your season, I know I will. :3w:

yep, we believe you. Just like you ran and hid after losing the SB last season I'm sure you stuck out the dark days of the pats franchise.

I'm pretty sure you aren't a Pats fan at all and are just another poster here who created a 2nd account.

Kinzua
09-04-2012, 05:43 PM

What happened two years ago means nothing today. NOTHING. Don't crow about the Jests catching a team coming off a bye. Have the Jests beat the Pats since? Nope.

As for the dirty taco, if you think a 28-21 game is a whipping, then you don't understand football. All said and done, only two QB's in the NFL have a lower QB Rating than Taco boy, and wow, Teblow is one of them. Sorry, it's coming, and all the green kool aid in the world won't change whats about to happen to the New York Jokes.

What has that to do with anything? Were you even born then?

You think they'd rather have the div titles in '09 & '10 or 2 cracks at the SB?

4 playoff wins to 2
head to head 28-21 win(Pats scored garbage time TD late) at Foxboro in '10 div rd.

The pats played in the 2009 WC rd and got hammered. In '11 they got a .500 team in the div rd which represents half of their postseason wins of the last 3 years.

In case you didn't realize it, it is HARDER to reach a title game needing to win 2 road games vs. needing to win 1 home game(or 1 road game which would have been the case for 2009 NE).

Who cares? If the Jests were really "almost as good" as the Patriots, they would be able to win division titles and NOT have to play in wild card games. If the Jests were really "almost as good" as the Patriots, they would have more to show for their post season efforts than 2 losses in the AFC Championship games -- and their dumbass fans wouldn't keep yapping about those losses like they were such great accomplishments years afterward.

Sheesh, you're like some tobacco-chewing redneck from Pennsyltucky who keeps bragging on winning the $500 first prize in the big buck pool five years ago.

grogan12
09-05-2012, 08:47 AM
yep, we believe you. Just like you ran and hid after losing the SB last season I'm sure you stuck out the dark days of the pats franchise.

I'm pretty sure you aren't a Pats fan at all and are just another poster here who created a 2nd account.

Who is the "we" your talking about? Seems to me your just a cluless Jet fan that can't deal with reality. Once again and unlike you my team failing in the Super Bowl is nothing to brag about, unlike you and Jest nation who keep reminding every one that your "SUPER DUPPER QB got you to back to back AFC Championship games only to get their A$$ kicke in both.":crazy:

nyjunc
09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
What happened two years ago means nothing today. NOTHING. Don't crow about the Jests catching a team coming off a bye. Have the Jests beat the Pats since? Nope.

What has that to do with anything? Were you even born then?

Who cares? If the Jests were really "almost as good" as the Patriots, they would be able to win division titles and NOT have to play in wild card games. If the Jests were really "almost as good" as the Patriots, they would have more to show for their post season efforts than 2 losses in the AFC Championship games -- and their dumbass fans wouldn't keep yapping about those losses like they were such great accomplishments years afterward.

Sheesh, you're like some tobacco-chewing redneck from Pennsyltucky who keeps bragging on winning the $500 first prize in the big buck pool five years ago.

"catching a team coming off a by"? teams work all reg season to earn that HUGE advantage and we smoked them in foxboro where it is almost impossible to win for opponents.

I wasn't born then, I have been alive since 2000 when Buffalo hasn't made a single postseason.

DOUBLE the amount of playoff wins
beat up head to head at Foxboro

I only keep "yapping" about our title game losses b/c you guys act like we have been the Bills. It's funny how Bills fans can try to tear down a franchise that has been so much better in recent years.

Who is the "we" your talking about? Seems to me your just a cluless Jet fan that can't deal with reality. Once again and unlike you my team failing in the Super Bowl is nothing to brag about, unlike you and Jest nation who keep reminding every one that your "SUPER DUPPER QB got you to back to back AFC Championship games only to get their A$$ kicke in both.":crazy:

we didn't get our asses kicked in either title game loss and we didn't get beat by inferiror teams like NE has in their last 2 SB losses.

grogan12
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM
"catching a team coming off a by"? teams work all reg season to earn that HUGE advantage and we smoked them in foxboro where it is almost impossible to win for opponents.

I wasn't born then, I have been alive since 2000 when Buffalo hasn't made a single postseason.

I only keep "yapping" about our title game losses b/c you guys act like we have been the Bills. It's funny how Bills fans can try to tear down a franchise that has been so much better in recent years.

we didn't get our asses kicked in either title game loss and we didn't get beat by inferiror teams like NE has in their last 2 SB losses.

I wouldn't expect a Jet fan to understand this but there is no such thing as an "inferiror team" in the Super Bowl. Just by getting into the Super Bowl it means you're a great team, it doesn't happen by accident, if it did you would think the Jets would have gotten lucky at least once in the last 43 years. From there it's all about match ups and as they say any given Sunday. Oh, and let me get this straight, you want to think that the Jets didn't get their a$$ kicked in the AFC Championship games, loss by 5 points, and a loss by 13 points, then in the next breath believe the Jets kicked Patriots A$$ with a loss of 7 points? You Sir are a joke and so is your team.

nyjunc
09-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't expect a Jet fan to understand this but there is no such thing as an "inferiror team" in the Super Bowl. Just by getting into the Super Bowl it means you're a great team, it doesn't happen by accident, if it did you would think the Jets would have gotten lucky at least once in the last 43 years. From there it's all about match ups and as they say any given Sunday. Oh, and let me get this straight, you want to think that the Jets didn't get their a$$ kicked in the AFC Championship games, loss by 5 points, and a loss by 13 points, then in the next breath believe the Jets kicked Patriots A$$ with a loss of 7 points? You Sir are a joke and so is your team.

Actually there is. In 2007 you won 6 more games than your opponent in the reg season, last year you won 4 more. That's a pretty big difference and you were big favorites(historical in '07) in both.

The '94 Chargers were a great team? the 9-7 Cards and Giants were great teams? They sure don't make great teams the way they used to.

The Pats scored a garbage time TD against us to mkake the score a 7 pt difference but you had no shot to win. We pretty much dominated from the 2nd qtr on, when you got close late 3rd we went right down the field and scored a Td to make it a double digit game again.

at Indy we LED in the 2nd half, at Pitt we pulled w/in 5 w/ plenty of time left. we didn't even need to try an OS kick(Pats tried 2 against us)

Oh and we were on the ROAD in both games.

The only joke here is you and your fake fandom as we know you are a regular poster that has created a 2nd account.

13ktownguy
09-05-2012, 10:45 PM

The Steelers kicked your butts pretty good,got a big 1st half lead and sat on it. Yes the jets did get some garbage time points but they had the game in hand right from the start.

MadDog 88
09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
It never ends. :lol:

nyjunc
09-06-2012, 07:51 AM
The Steelers kicked your butts pretty good,got a big 1st half lead and sat on it. Yes the jets did get some garbage time points but they had the game in hand right from the start.

They didn't sit on anything, they were aggressive trying to score throughout that 2nd half. It's human nature to relax a bit w/ a big lead so I'm sure that played into it a bit but they were not sitting back. We didn't even have to kick an OS kick, none of the pts we scored were garbage time points.

13ktownguy
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
They didn't sit on anything, they were aggressive trying to score throughout that 2nd half. It's human nature to relax a bit w/ a big lead so I'm sure that played into it a bit but they were not sitting back. We didn't even have to kick an OS kick, none of the pts we scored were garbage time points.Oh I see only other teams score garbage time points...lol!! Did ya not notice Pittsburgh played a soft defense in the second half??

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Oh I see only other teams score garbage time points...lol!! Did ya not notice Pittsburgh played a soft defense in the second half??

did you notice we were w/in a score w/ plenty of time left and didn't even need to kick a OS kick? I was in the Stadium, the building was as nervous as could be until that last 1st down to seal it.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
The '94 Chargers were a great team? the 9-7 Cards and Giants were great teams? They sure don't make great teams the way they used to.

Hmmm... But somehow a 9-7 Jets team that backed into the playoffs and didn't make it to the SB was a great team....

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Hmmm... But somehow a 9-7 Jets team that backed into the playoffs and didn't make it to the SB was a great team....

There's no such thing as backing in and where did I call the 2009 Jets a "great" team?

13ktownguy
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
There's no such thing as backing in and where did I call the 2009 Jets a "great" team?
Elite you said.

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Elite you said.

elite and great are 2 different things. Great teams win SBs.

13ktownguy
09-07-2012, 11:38 AM
did you notice we were w/in a score w/ plenty of time left and didn't even need to kick a OS kick? I was in the Stadium, the building was as nervous as could be until that last 1st down to seal it.

I'm not saying Pitt did the right thing but they played a soft defense and a careful offense and it could have cost them. They should have played with the same intensity in the 3rd qtr at least.

grogan12
09-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Really, what about all the “but only elite teams make it to back to back AFC Championship games” talk you do :rolleyes2:??? You Sir are a green kool aid drinking fraud, and like the vast majority of Shat talking Jet fans that haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl in 43 years, are about to get exactly what you deserve this season.

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Junc, if you're under the impression that great ranks higher then elite a lot of things you have said just become much clearer.

13ktownguy
09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
:ponder:
elite and great are 2 different things. Great teams win SBs.

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Since when is there no such thing as backing in?

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Really, what about all the “but only elite teams make it to back to back AFC Championship games” talk you do :rolleyes2:??? You Sir are a green kool aid drinking fraud, and like the vast majority of Shat talking Jet fans that haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl in 43 years, are about to get exactly what you deserve this season.

first off, elite and great are different. 2nd, it's intereasting how you discuss being a fraud yet no response about being a poster that created a new username. Very interesting.

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
first off, elite and great are different. 2nd, it's intereasting how you discuss being a fraud yet no response about being a poster that created a new username. Very interesting.
Junc, I'm being serious. Do you think great is better then elite?

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Junc, if you're under the impression that great ranks higher then elite a lot of things you have said just become much clearer.

When I think elite I think ONE OF the best and clearly we have been one of the best but never THE best.

Since when is there no such thing as backing in?

You either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Junc, I'm being serious. Do you think great is better then elite?

yes, you have to be great to win a SB(some SB teams aren't great) but you don't to be elite.

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
When I think elite I think ONE OF the best and clearly we have been one of the best but never THE best.

You either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.Thank you for clearing that up. As for backing in yes it exists i.e a team that loses its final game but gets in anyways because another team lost their final game. Another is a team needing a win to get in plays against an already qualified team with nothing to play for, that doesn't play their best players.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

yes, you have to be great to win a SB(some SB teams aren't great) but you don't to be elite.
Elite is being amongst the best, like a class of people or being the best. Great and elite are synonymous

grogan12
09-07-2012, 12:11 PM

I take it back, you are fraud and a fool because this is the only user name I've ever had, but don't let that distract you from trying to convince everyone here that elite and great mean two completely differen't things. :lol:

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Thank you for clearing that up. As for backing in yes it exists i.e a team that loses its final game but gets in anyways because another team lost their final game. Another is a team needing a win to get in plays against an already qualified team with nothing to play for, that doesn't play their best players.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Elite is being amongst the best, like a class of people or being the best. Great and elite are synonymous

whether you win 10 games to start the season or 10 in your alst 10 games if you win enough to make it you have earned it. I don't buy the backing in stuff.

"among" the best, the Jets have been among the best under Rex.

I am a tough grader on greatness, I wouldn't even consider last years champs as a great team.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I take it back, you are fraud and a fool because this is the only user name I've ever had, but don't let that distract you from trying to convince everyone here that elite and great mean two completely differen't things. :lol:

I am the fraud yet you are the one representing someone who you are not.

PhinzN703
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
This just in.....

Giants are elite. Jets are not elite.

Thank you....

grogan12
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
whether you win 10 games to start the season or 10 in your alst 10 games if you win enough to make it you have earned it. I don't buy the backing in stuff.

I am a tough grader on greatness, I wouldn't even consider last years champs as a great team.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I am the fraud yet you are the one representing someone who you are not.

Wow, and my father always said never argue with a fool, but here I am. :3w:

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow, and my father always said never argue with a fool, but here I am. :3w:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/mirror1-1.jpg

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM

I am the fraud yet you are the one representing someone who you are not.You seem to be the only person I have heard that doesn't use the term backing in.

Vaark
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM

You either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.

That's right: in 09 before the egregious charity donated by two playoff bound teams who considered the Jest games "meaningless", you needed to beat Atlanta, a team already eliminated from the playoffs at home in game 14 to stay in postseason contention... and of course didn't. EVen Blubber was crying about being eliminated from the playoffs in the post game presser. That's all anyone needs to know! :up:

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 12:52 PM
You seem to be the only person I have heard that doesn't use the term backing in.

I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.

FinfanInBuffalo
09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Thank you for clearing that up. As for backing in yes it exists i.e a team that loses its final game but gets in anyways because another team lost their final game. Another is a team needing a win to get in plays against an already qualified team with nothing to play for, that doesn't play their best players.

This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.

grogan12
09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
This is the problem with arguing with nyjunc, when backed into a corner, he just changes the meanings words..... It is impossible to lose a debate if you get to redefine words as you go along. It is even pointless to point out that a synonym of 'elite' is 'greatest'. Doesn't matter, because that's not what 'he means' by elite......

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.

So true, he’s like Bagdad Bob, the Jets aren’t losing by 20 points, they are luring their opponent into a false sense of security. :rolleyes2:

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I may be but I don't believe in it. When people talk about backing in I think it is to try to taek away from the accomplishment of the team that got in(I felt this way long before 2009). To me you either win the games you need to win to get in or you don't.
Bet if the Dolphins got in under those circumstances you would feel differentlyabout the term backing in.

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Any rational person would agree that calling something elite is either better than great or at least equal to great, but not nyjunc. He has his own definitions.Junc, this is very true. I dont think I have ever witnessed you stop until the other party gives up. Probably why you have the title "Most Argumentitive" on TGG. :lol:

PhinzN703
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM

If a team is 9-4 and needs one win to make the playoffs but finishes 9-7......yet still gets in b/c another team they were up against for a playoff spot was 8-5 but finished 8-8......that isn't backing in?

MadDog 88
09-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Even the athletes and coaches say they hate backing in but are glad they are there. In Juncs world, everything is a moving target hence the current belief of no backing in.

grogan12
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Even the athletes and coaches say they hate backing in but are glad they are there. In Juncs world, everything is a moving target hence the current belief of no backing in.

Well to be fair, in his mind the Jets really won those AFC championship games. You see just like he believs there's no such thing as "backing in", and that the meaning of the words "great and elite", are nothing alike, he also belives that winning and losing are the same thing. It's a sad sickness that often comes along with being a Jet fan, 43 years of nothing will do that to you.

nyjunc
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM

first off, where am I backed into a corner? I have also believed this and always stated this so nothing has changed b/c I was "backed into a corner".

a synonym of elite is also select few, the jets are one of the select few best teams in the league under Rex but b/c you are backed into a corner you are changing the meaning of words.

Bet if the Dolphins got in under those circumstances you would feel differentlyabout the term backing in.

This doesn't have anything to do w/ the Jets, I would say this of any team so if someday Miami loses their last game or 2 and makes it I will say the same thing.

Junc, this is very true. I dont think I have ever witnessed you stop until the other party gives up. Probably why you have the title "Most Argumentitive" on TGG. :lol:

I never give up, I like to argue. You better an air tight case or I will keep coming back at you. You know me by now.

If a team is 9-4 and needs one win to make the playoffs but finishes 9-7......yet still gets in b/c another team they were up against for a playoff spot was 8-5 but finished 8-8......that isn't backing in?

I don't like the phrase "backing in", to me it implies a team doesn't deserve to be in. If a 9-4 team loses their last 3 and still makes it they still did enough throughout the course of 16 games to make the playoffs so I don't believe in "backing in".

Who says that? don't make stuff up now.

Well to be fair, in his mind the Jets really won those AFC championship games. You see just like he believs there's no such thing as "backing in", and that the meaning of the words "great and elite", are nothing alike, he also belives that winning and losing are the same thing. It's a sad sickness that often comes along with being a Jet fan, 43 years of nothing will do that to you.

please tell us what your other username is?

FinfanInBuffalo
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
first off, where am I backed into a corner? I have also believed this and always stated this so nothing has changed b/c I was "backed into a corner".

a synonym of elite is also select few, the jets are one of the select few best teams in the league under Rex but b/c you are backed into a corner you are changing the meaning of words.

What the heck are you talking about? 'greatest' is a synonym of 'elite'. I'm not changing the meaning of anything. By definition, a team cannot be elite but not great.

Here comes the "I know you are but what am I " defense.

MadDog 88
09-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Junc, I have heard several times in post game interviews, athletes and coaches that backed in acknowledge that wasn't how they wanted to get in but they'll take it. I may be wrong but I think I recall Rex said words to that effect after the Colts game in 2009.

Vertical Limit
09-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Let's be honest here, how much of a difference is there between Mark Sanchez and Richard Todd? Not much IMO. Both are/were very mediocre, and Todd too led the Jets to AFC championship games, doesn't mean he was any good.

Your team needs a new quarterback, and it isn't going to be Tebow either. You're going to have to draft one after this year for sure.

truthbtold
09-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Sanchez ... 3 TD's 128 QB Rating.
I think we'll give him another shot next week.

Maybe we'll even let him start him against the Dolphins in Week 3. If he puts up 13 points, that should be plenty.

MadDog 88
09-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Sanchez had a nice game today. Props to him and the Jets. I picked the Jets to win but I expected Buffalo to put up a fight. Same ol Bills.

JETSJETSJETS
09-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Sanchez had a nice game today. Props to him and the Jets. I picked the Jets to win but I expected Buffalo to put up a fight. Same ol Bills.

At least someone gets it. I also thought Bills would have put up a fight but I did expect Fitz to suck. He got some nice fantasy stats, padding up after he was down 41-7.

JETSJETSJETS
09-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Your team needs a new quarterback, and it isn't going to be Tebow either. You're going to have to draft one after this year for sure.

Oh, you mean someone like Tannehill?

DisturbedShifty
09-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Don't get too cocktail. You beat the Bills. Not like you beat a good team or anything.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

nyjunc
09-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Let's be honest here, how much of a difference is there between Mark Sanchez and Richard Todd? Not much IMO. Both are/were very mediocre, and Todd too led the Jets to AFC championship games, doesn't mean he was any good.

Richard Todd was 42-51-1 as Jets starter
Mark Sanchez so far is 28-20

In postseason Todd only helped the Jets reach 2 of them and in 2 seperate games had at least 4 INTs, in 6 games Sanchez has a total of 3. There isn't any comparison btw the 2.

Yesterday Sanchez had time to throw and was excellent, l;ast yera he didn't and he struggled. if the OL holds up Martk will be very good.

This was a nice start for him and the O and can we please not overanalyze preseason anymore? How many times must I tell you guys all that really matters is coming out healthy?