PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises

Dolfan3773
07-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Has anyone seen it? Saw it today and it was awesome!

DisturbedShifty
07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Has anyone seen it? Saw it today and it was awesome!

Ok. So rank 'em. From best to not so good, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (I still wish they would have picked a better title.).

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Yamilo
07-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Dark knight rises
The dark knight
Batman begins

No joke

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

COphinphan89
07-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Good movie. Damn good movie. Edge of your seat for about the whole last hour and a half of the movie. Bane was about as captivating as the Joker was, albeit not as frightening or creepy. My only complaint was that at certain points in the movie his dialogue was inaudible with that voice effect.

Dolfan3773
07-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok. So rank 'em. From best to not so good, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (I still wish they would have picked a better title.).

Dark Knight Rises, Dark Knight, Batman Begins.

I liked Bane and the plot but I thought the Joker was a better villian.

DzakkH13
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
The Dark Knight Rises is a very good movie, but IMO, The Dark Knight is clearly the best film in the Trilogy.

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Batman Begins

All three are very good films and Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite Directors.

I can't wait to see more movies by him in the future.

LouPhinFan
07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
It would have to be:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises just wasn't as good IMHO. There were some plot holes and inconsistencies that just made the movie seem "off". Don't get me wrong, it was a fun movie and worth seeing but it didn't have the emotional depth of The Dark Knight. Plus Heath Ledger just crushed it in the movie. Tom Hardy is a good actor and seem like a good villain until the end of the movie and you find out he's really just a lackey.

JamesBW43
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
It would have to be:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises just wasn't as good IMHO. There were some plot holes and inconsistencies that just made the movie seem "off". Don't get me wrong, it was a fun movie and worth seeing but it didn't have the emotional depth of The Dark Knight. Plus Heath Ledger just crushed it in the movie. Tom Hardy is a good actor and seem like a good villain until the end of the movie and you find out he's really just a lackey.

I'll go a bit further and say I didn't really care for The Dark Knight Rises. I didn't dislike it, but it just felt hollow to me. I think throwing in JGL's character (as much as I like the actor) was a mistake, and the time focusing on his character could've been better spent on Selina, Bruce, and Bane.

DisturbedShifty
07-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Just got back from seeing the movie. Here is my ranking:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises

I'll go a bit further and say I didn't really care for The Dark Knight Rises. I didn't dislike it, but it just felt hollow to me. I think throwing in JGL's character (as much as I like the actor) was a mistake, and the time focusing on his character could've been better spent on Selina, Bruce, and Bane.

Pretty much this. I will buy on DVD to complete the set, but I will be watching The Avengers a lot more than TDKR. I also agree with Lou's assessment of the movie as well.

Spesh
07-30-2012, 06:11 PM

This. Seemed like Nolan made a classic mistake, fell in love with a character of his own creation and made him the lead. Dude was in the majority of the scenes whereas Christian Bale just sort of hung around the edges. Posted some problems i had with the movie in the POFO rant thread, but short version: Pacing was a problem, tried to have a story like Begins but pacing like Dark Knight, just didnt work. And how many freaking times did they say the word "rise"? Ugh.

Still solid movie, liked it. Had the misfortune of following one of the best movies made.

1) Dark Knight
2) Batman Begins
3) Riiiiiiiises.

And a dream sequence in the middle of the movie Christopher Nolan? For shame. Thats for directors/writers that arent as creative as you are.

DzakkH13
07-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I think one of the main reason Nolan wanted to highlight JGL and the other cops of Gotham was so he could show the viewers the transformation of Gotham.

They no longer feared criminals like they did in TDK and it showed that Gotham no longer needed Batman because good people were willing to stand up for themselves now.

DisturbedShifty
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I think one of the main reason Nolan wanted to highlight JGL and the other cops of Gotham was so he could show the viewers the transformation of Gotham.

They no longer feared criminals like they did in TDK and it showed that Gotham no longer needed Batman because good people were willing to stand up for themselves now.

True enough. But it really does boil down to Nolan's man crush on Levitt. I mean if that was the case it would have been called Gotham City Rises, not The Dark Knight Rises.

DzakkH13
08-03-2012, 04:14 PM
True enough. But it really does boil down to Nolan's man crush on Levitt. I mean if that was the case it would have been called Gotham City Rises, not The Dark Knight Rises.

Don't get carried away, it is still a Batman movie. There was still a ton of focus on Wayne and his issues.

Ricklerush
08-14-2012, 11:43 PM
TDKR
TDK
BB

I liked rises because it didn't try and be the dark knight or begins, it mixed the two to make it's own UNIQUE movie again. I like robin being in the end, it leaves you to wonder, will he become batman? will he become just robin? and will they spin this off to the big screen. I'd like robin to be the acting batman in the justice league movie, just so we have a fresh face as the caped crusader.

TheWalrus
08-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Piece of ****, I thought. One of the worst in the entire series. Not quite as bad as Batman and Robin but right around in Batman Returns territory. I mean, if you weren't giggling every time Bane said something then I don't want to know you.

The praise this movie got reminds me of the similar hosannas about Avatar.

syborg
08-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Piece of ****, I thought. One of the worst in the entire series. Not quite as bad as Batman and Robin but right around in Batman Returns territory. I mean, if you weren't giggling every time Bane said something then I don't want to know you.

The praise this movie got reminds me of the similar hosannas about Avatar.

Classic mistake in that you have not understood that actually we may not want to know you

carry on.. nothing more to see here.

SpurzN703
09-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Finally saw TDKR over the weekend. I didn't like it as much as TDK which I thought is the best movie in the series. I agree with others about the JGL character. Guy suddenly is similiar to Bruce Wayne and they make it seem like he would be the next Batman (at least that's how I took the ending)?

I liked Bane. He was a pretty rad character. I'd also do both Anne Hathaway in that suit and Marion Cotillard on that rug. Nice tail.

I liked the music the most in TDK. It was very ominous throughout the movie and I think it catered to it better. It's a horrendous shame Ledger passed away b/c it would've been really interesting seeing if the Joker would've been in this last movie instead of not being mentioned at all.

gunnerolsen
09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Thought it was perfect start to finish