PDA

View Full Version : OBAMA Speaks Out: "AK-47s belong in the hands of Soldiers not Criminals"

BAMAPHIN 22
07-26-2012, 03:38 PM
President Obama (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Barack+Obama) called for "common sense" steps to reduce gun violence during a high-profile speech Wednesday night - but his spokesman later said they won't include any new laws.
Obama told a supportive audience at the National Urban League convention that hunting and shooting are part of the nation's “cherished national heritage,” but he said even gun owners would agree "that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.”...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election-2012/president-obama-calls-background-checks-purchasing-firearms-wake-aurora-colo-movie-theater-massacre-article-1.1122128#ixzz21l7mFzX1

Gonzo
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
President Obama (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Barack+Obama) called for "common sense" steps to reduce gun violence during a high-profile speech Wednesday night - but his spokesman later said they won't include any new laws.
Obama told a supportive audience at the National Urban League convention that hunting and shooting are part of the nation's “cherished national heritage,” but he said even gun owners would agree "that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.”...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election-2012/president-obama-calls-background-checks-purchasing-firearms-wake-aurora-colo-movie-theater-massacre-article-1.1122128#ixzz21l7mFzX1

Meh, no thanks. Heavy, clunky, and jammy. I was happy with my M4.

WVDolphan
07-26-2012, 04:06 PM

So basically he is talking out of his *******. Dude is good at that. Big talker. Talked his way right into the white house.

Gonzo
07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
So basically he is talking out of his *******. Dude is good at that. Big talker. Talked his way right into the white house.

I thought you were a lefty? :lol:

It's all talk. The guy hasn't touched gun regulation and he won't touch gun regulation. This is just one of those issues that career politicians will continue to give a wide-berth, outside of saying what their base wants to hear of course.

Dolphins9954
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
It's all rhetoric. The last thing Obama wants to do is get the gun people all riled up. Obama is quite vulnerable right now. Sh!tty economy and fiscal policies with a horrible record on liberties. The guy deserves to lose. The one thing he has going for him is that the GOP elected a douchebag in Romney. Who has timid support from GOP voters to say the least. Making guns an issue right now would get the gun people all kinds of crazy. Which in turn will help Romney with votes. Even though Romney doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to guns but most will vote for him anyways.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I thought you were a lefty? :lol:

It's all talk. The guy hasn't touched gun regulation and he won't touch gun regulation. This is just one of those issues that career politicians will continue to give a wide-berth, outside of saying what their base wants to hear of course.

If he does anything it probably will be in the next 4 years if he wins re-election.

Gonzo
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
It's all rhetoric. The last thing Obama wants to do is get the gun people all riled up. Obama is quite vulnerable right now. Sh!tty economy and fiscal policies with a horrible record on liberties. The guy deserves to lose. The one thing he has going for him is that the GOP elected a douchebag in Romney. Who has timid support from GOP voters to say the least. Making guns an issue right now would get the gun people all kinds of crazy. Which in turn will help Romney with votes. Even though Romney doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to guns but most will vote for him anyways.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

If he does anything it probably will be in the next 4 years if he wins re-election.
He won't. He'll do whatever his party tells him, which is whatever will get the next demopublican elected.

Spesh
07-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Honestly, i was surprised he said anything at all. When he came out with this announcement, i thought him even touching upon the subject mildly would set off a debate. Then, Romney entered the stage in his continued path of self destruction, this time the world tour version.

Locke
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Honestly, i was surprised he said anything at all. When he came out with this announcement, i thought him even touching upon the subject mildly would set off a debate. Then, Romney entered the stage in his continued path of self destruction, this time the world tour version.

Right? It's like a high-stakes game of "who-can-****-up-worse". Romney sees Obama speak on gun control, so he ups the ante to international racism. "Our Anglo-Saxon brothers"? What the hell was he thinking? It's like he has a drunk baboon as a campaign manager...

Dolphins9954
07-26-2012, 05:46 PM
UcN7w_gh7uY

Love this guy. He always has some bada$$ guns.

rob19
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
FPS Russia is dat dude

CedarPhin
07-26-2012, 06:06 PM
He said that there should be something in place so crazy people can't buy weapons. I agree with that. He's not going to do anything about it, though.

Gonzo
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
He said that there should be something in place so crazy people can't buy weapons. I agree with that. He's not going to do anything about it, though.

Typically how it's done. Point out the obvious while managing to provide zero realistic ways of accomplishing said task. These guys are pros.

Dolphins9954
07-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Every gun store and background check in America would have sold this guy a gun. This guy is proof positive that no amount of gun laws would have stopped him.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I would support revamping the background checks and making them better at this stuff.