PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin for VP Was 'A Mistake'

phins_4_ever
07-29-2012, 01:00 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-picking-sarah-palin-vp-mistake-130904846--abc-news-politics.html

Dick Cheney has some advice for Mitt Romney on choosing a running mate: Don't pick another Sarah Palin.
In his first interview since receiving a heart transplant in March, Cheney told ABC News, that John McCain's decision to pick Palin as his running mate in 2008 was "a mistake" - one that it is important from Romney not to repeat.

Most Presidents pick a VP by whom they can not be upstaged by or who add experience where they lack experience or become more likable.

For Mitt "Sarah" Romney there will be a very limited pool.

I like the choice of Sarah Palin back in 08. It added so much comedy to an otherwise boring election year.
:lol:

Spesh
07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Hoping and praying for Donald Trump.

CedarPhin
07-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought it would be Jeb Bush, but I was wrong about that. Maybe Chris Christie?

Who knows. Palin was an utter disaster though.

Spesh
07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
It'll be Rob Portman. Would help win Ohio and apparently they have a man-love thing going on.

CedarPhin
07-29-2012, 05:19 PM
That's one I've been thinking, among others. Romney's taking it up the ass in Ohio right now, so that could soften the blow a bit. Don't know how well a Bush Admin member will fly, though.

DisturbedShifty
07-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Out of sheer curiosity. During the past few presidential elections don't the nominees usually know who their running mate is by this time?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

phins_4_ever
07-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Out of sheer curiosity. During the past few presidential elections don't the nominees usually know who their running mate is by this time?

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

I know Palin was announced at the Republican Convention when the candidacy was going to McCain officially. I think thats when Obama introduced Biden as well (at the DNC). But I am not sure.

CashInFist
07-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Sarah Palin was a train wreck as a candidate. I like her as a person, hate her as a VP candidate. Dick Cheney is right...

CANDolphan
07-30-2012, 03:10 AM
Sarah Palin is truly everything that is wrong with politics today. Knee-jerk reactions, very little substance, and not even enough respect to pretend the entire show is for anything but her own personal gratification. Dropping out of her role as governor simply to continue reality tv?

To say she was a mistake might be the understatement of the century. It turned Republicans with a brain like myself against an otherwise great man in John McCain.

LouPhinFan
07-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey mods, can we add an amendment to the TOS saying no one can start a thread that is about both Dick Cheney AND Sarah Palin. It should be against the law or something...

NY8123
07-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't know why but when I read the title of the thread this vision came into my head:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/07/dn164791_300-1.jpg

COphinphan89
07-30-2012, 08:54 PM
She was a total joke, but McCain was never winning that election anyway.