PDA

View Full Version : 4 Steps

Capt. Dick
04-17-2002, 12:13 PM
These are the 4 ways I approach a PHINS game. (true)

1. Phins playing well...........TV with sound on.

2. Phins starting to f#ck up.............TV with sound off, (so I don`t have to listen to the announcers).

3. Phins starting to lose game because of f#ck ups...........I go work in yard and listen to the game on the radio.

4. Game beyond reach.............radio off.

Works for me. :)

phins054
04-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Funny...Thats the EXACT routine I had for the playoff game in Jacksonville...By the third quarter, I was out of the house.

Capt. Dick
04-17-2002, 01:44 PM
By the end of the 2nd half of that one jets game last year I had the cleanist yard in town.

dolphan39
04-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

2. Phins starting to f#ck up.............TV with sound off, (so I don`t have to listen to the announcers).

3. Phins starting to lose game because of f#ck ups...........I go work in yard and listen to the game on the radio.

Works for me. :) call me crazy but I watch every minute of every game that is on TV up here in CT, including pre-season. If I taped a game and somehow found out that we lost 62-7, I would not watch the tape, but would burn it.

Marino1983
04-17-2002, 03:57 PM

Works for me. :) Well I video tape every game,,that is unless the Phins lose, then I just record over the last debacle! The Jaggs game was being recorded up and untill Marino threw that 2nd interception,,, after that everything was turned off and I proceeded to take out my frustations on my punching bag! I didn't even have to tell my wife who won,,, the punching bag is in the basement hung to a couple of floor joists,, kind of hard not to notice that kind of venting !!:D :lol: Marino1983

Frank-n-Furter
04-17-2002, 04:10 PM
but what about the "12 steppers?":drinker:

iceblizzard69
04-17-2002, 04:57 PM
I actually sat through the whole Jacksonville game, waiting for the Dolphins to have a 50 point rally! :lol: Leaving the game to do something else is what a fair-weather fan would do.

phins054
04-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I hate it when people say we are fair weather fans just because we don't want to be TORTURED by watching the fins flail. If you could sit throught the ENTIRE Jax debacle...then props to you and I can see that you are a true fan. I took a LOT of abuse for that around "friends and family", I don't need to prove that I am a loyal Fin Fan...I earned my stripes.

iceblizzard69
04-17-2002, 06:20 PM
I know you guys aren't fairweather fans, but not sitting through a game because we are losing is what a fairweather fan would do. You can always pray for a comeback. :)

Capt. Dick
04-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by phins054
I hate it when people say we are fair weather fans just because we don't want to be TORTURED by watching the fins flail. If you could sit throught the ENTIRE Jax debacle...then props to you and I can see that you are a true fan. I took a LOT of abuse for that around "friends and family", I don't need to prove that I am a loyal Fin Fan...I earned my stripes.

I`ve been a die hard Phin fan since 1971. I`M NOT A FAIR WEATHER FAN!!!

Sometimesw it`s LESS PAINFUL to listen to the game than it is to watch!!

Shame on you ICE! :yell:

iceblizzard69
04-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Well, it is true. You aren't a fairweather fan, but you should stick through the whole game.

Capt. Dick
04-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Well, it is true. You aren't a fairweather fan, but you should stick through the whole game.

DID YOU READ MY POST?!

iceblizzard69
04-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Yeah I did. You said it is less painful to listen, but as fans you have to go through the pain and the glory!

dolfan87
04-17-2002, 07:43 PM
I tape every game, win or lose, catalog them and store them. My reason is I want to be able to see where an individule player had a good performance, or watch one guy all game.

I will focus on a Todd Perry, to see if he really sucked as bad as it appeared, or see how a cornerback got pushed off the line...ect.

I usually have seen all of the last season by now, but I needed a break after this year. Every single year when we get our butts kicked in the playoffs, I need more and more time to recover.

This year has to be different. :D

phins054
04-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Speaking for my self only...My wife does NOT like it if I am watching a Phins game. Mostly because I ride that emotional rollercoaster a little bit too tightly...(She thinks that I love the Dolphins more than I love her, Well at least I got my priorities straight :D). Its not like the instant they get behind, I'm turning the set off...It's when they are getting KILLED that I HAVE to walk away. All I am saying is that if they are in a game that is turning into a lost cause...I have to walk away for my own sake( high stress level ). I do not think that makes me a "fair weather" fan.

Mack Daddy
04-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Sometimes it can be tough to sit and watch your team lose badly especially when you are certain it will happen. You keep hoping the whole game that it will turn around, and depending on the score, you reach a point where you know it's not going to happen. Because you don't want to see the Phins crash and burn doesn't necessarily mean you're a fairweather fan, for some of us, it just means we love them too much to watch them lose. :cool:

phins054
04-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks for wrapping that up for me Mack...You put it in words I couldn't...:D

Marino1983
04-18-2002, 05:54 PM
I actually sat through the whole Jacksonville game, waiting for the Dolphins to have a 50 point rally! :lol: Leaving the game to do something else is what a fair-weather fan would do. I hope that last comment was posted in jest Ice ??????:mad: :mad: Marino1983

iceblizzard69
04-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Well, you should stick with your team, when they are winning or losing. I hope that answers your question Marino1983.

Marino1983
04-18-2002, 06:26 PM
here are a few examples of a FWF,, a fair weather fan is someone who claims to be fan of a team for a long time, but during football season somehow cannot remember their teams won-loss record. A fwf - will argue vehemently the he or she has been a loyal team fan for decades but cannot name a starter on their team for a specific yr. And a s***load of fwf always seem to pop out of the woodwork come playoff time, claiming that their grandfather was a fan of this particular team and they used to go to games when they were a kid,, but here again -- if there team gets blown out in the playoffs or (luckily makes it to a S-B) loses the S-B ,, funny you never hear ANYTHING from some of these people ever again !!! Those are just a few examples and I am sure that 39 and 06 can add multitudes more,,, just because a fan doesn't finish watching a debacle like the Jaggets loss,,, is by no means any rhyme or reason to think or accuse them of being fwfn's!! I have been a fan of this team since it's inception, good or bad, dark or gloomy, I have always claimed the Dolphins as my Pro Football Team. Probably 06 and 39 and CaptnDick will understand this when I say that your comment was uncalled for and that when even though you are kidding when you post something like that,,, some people still will take it personal !!! The funny thing is,,, if I am a fwf for the reasons that you stated,, then explain why have I been a fan of this team longer then you have been breathing ??????????b :confused: :confused: :( :yell: Marino1983

Capt. Dick
04-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Well, you should stick with your team, when they are winning or losing. I hope that answers your question Marino1983.

Who in the hell is not "sticking with the team"! Read Mack Daddy`s post. I think some of us are a little insulted that you say we are "fair weather" fans. That`s bullsh!t............also that`s enough. This has been beat to death. Onward and upward! :)

Marino1983
04-18-2002, 06:35 PM
Well, you should stick with your team, when they are winning or losing. I hope that answers your question Marino1983. that is your opinion and opinions are like a*******,, you are entitled to yours, but not when you are on a M-B accusing someone of being something that THEY ARE NOT-- towards their team !!!!!!!!!!!:yell: :yell: Does this clear up everything that you didn't understand from my other posts - Ice ???? Marino1983

iceblizzard69
04-18-2002, 06:40 PM
Well it is my opinion, you can have yours, but I can have mine too. :)

Scrap
04-22-2002, 09:26 AM
Anyone who is here religiously in the offseason in NOT a FWF.Fwf's don't think about FINS in the offseason.I have a FWF here at work.He was talking about how great Marino IS the other week, as if he was still playing.(I just let him keep thinking that):D

dolfan06
04-22-2002, 09:34 AM
they aren't on natinal tv, but my wife always watches the game at home so she knows what kind of mood i'm in when i get home!:D

Capt. Dick
04-22-2002, 10:52 AM
hey ice..........http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif...........sorry pal, could`nt resist..........found a new toy. :)

dolfan06
04-22-2002, 11:31 AM
i told ya, there are 100's of those smiley's, and are they ever fun to use. on the list of the main page, click on archives, there are even more there!

and even though i don't stay with all the games, i'm not a fair weather fan. the 2nd jets game last year, i got up and left the sports bar and forgot to pay my bill. i hate to see them lose!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
04-22-2002, 11:35 AM
this is from the archives http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolfan06
04-22-2002, 11:36 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Capt. Dick
04-22-2002, 11:43 AM
thanks 06 http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Capt. Dick
04-22-2002, 11:44 AM
06........any way to save these smilies in a file?

dolfan06
04-22-2002, 11:59 AM
06........any way to save these smilies in a file? i saved my avatar to a download file and put it on another site, i think it would be easier if you had your own website though!:D ;)

Marino1983
04-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i told ya, there are 100's of those smiley's, and are they ever fun to use. on the list of the main page, click on archives, there are even more there!

and even though i don't stay with all the games, i'm not a fair weather fan. the 2nd jets game last year, i got up and left the sports bar and forgot to pay my bill. i hate to see them lose!:rolleyes: Hey 06,,, I find it is usless to argue with Ice ,,,,, He knows just about everything about everything (especially the Dolphins), so even though I have probably been on this earth 20 yrs longer than Ice ---- I just have to get it through my head that he knows more about the Dolphins, every day problems, and life in general than I myself have knowledge of !! :D :( :confused: :lol: :mad: :yell: :evil: Marino1983

iceblizzard69
04-22-2002, 09:15 PM
That post was totally uncalled for 83, espicially since I never did anything to you at all. :yell: :yell: :yell:

dolfan06
04-23-2002, 03:20 AM
That post was totally uncalled for 83, espicially since I never did anything to you at all. :yell: :yell: :yell: :(

dolfan06
04-23-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Marino1983
Hey 06,,, I find it is usless to argue with Ice ,,,,, He knows just about everything about everything (especially the Dolphins), so even though I have probably been on this earth 20 yrs longer than Ice ---- I just have to get it through my head that he knows more about the Dolphins, every day problems, and life in general than I myself have knowledge of !! :D :( :confused: :lol: :mad: :yell: :evil: Marino1983 i think we should just put this to rest, i got pissed because the guy called me a racist, but thats no sign for anybody to carry it further!:eek:

Marino1983
04-23-2002, 04:47 PM
to the fair weather fan accusation ,, I did not appreciate the comment to begin with and then you reposted that it was your opinion and you have the right to your opinion,,, so be it, I have the right to post my opinion about you !!!:yell: I have opinions about hunderds of people that post on a number of M-B's,, but I try to keep those to myself ,(except in a case of a flamer) on sports sites. You know NOTHING about me other than what you read of my posts,, therefore a cloaked respect should exist between us,, seeing we both follow the Dolphins -- that in itself should garner respect but I guess that is just my way of thinking,,, oh well ... :mad: :( :confused: Marino1983

iceblizzard69
04-23-2002, 05:21 PM
I know that I know nothing about you, and you also know nothing about me.

dolfan06
04-24-2002, 03:12 AM
:o

Marino1983
04-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
:o Ditto:rolleyes: Marino1983