PDA

View Full Version : New Polls Show Obama Has Edge in 3 Battleground States

JamesBW43
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/us/politics/polls-give-obama-edge-in-pennsylvania-ohio-and-florida.html?_r=1&hp

But a torrent of television advertising in the states, particularly in Ohio and Florida, appears to be resonating in Mr. Obama’s quest to define his Republican rival. The polls found that more voters say Mr. Romney’s experience was too focused on making profits at Bain Capital, the private equity firm he led, rather than the kind of experience that would help create jobs.

I can't remember if it was someone on this forum or on thephins, but someone was trying to argue that attacking Romney's experience with Bain Capital was stupid and it would backfire. Well... not so much. Or at least that doesn't appear to be the case so far.

Tetragrammaton
08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Obama doesn't even need Florida. He is doing well in Pennsylvania and Ohio. Wrap up Michigan and keep the lead in New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada and he wins.

Eshlemon
08-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Obama backers out spent Romney's 2-1 in July. If Obama can continue outspending and lying with more media help as in July over the last 2 months, I agree that Romney won't win.

Locke
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Obama backers out spent Romney's 2-1 in July. If Obama can continue outspending and lying with more media help as in July over the last 2 months, I agree that Romney won't win.

Or Romney can keep opening his mouth. That seems to be helping Obama out pretty well too...