PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning Quotes on ESPN Coverage of Jets Camp

JCane
08-03-2012, 07:47 PM
This Eli Manning dude is even an elite comedian. All of this Jets coverage is more about Mark Sanchez sucking than Tebow being there. What if Eli Manning were the Jets QB? Tebow would be a non-story at Jets camp then.

In regards to Tebow running in the rain with his shirt off coverage:

"I told David Carr to take his shirt off while we were running sprints after practice to see if he can get the same coverage"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/eli-manning-suggests-ny-giants-backup-david-carr-run-shirtless-tim-tebow-coverage-article-1.1128136

MadDog 88
08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
It's all about the sideshow at Jets camp. ESPN thinks watching a team with a bunch of assclowns is entertainment.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Eli is just jealous b/c no one cares about him even though he's won 2 SB MVPs, maybe if he was an elite QB he'd get more coverage?

mad dog: it could be worse, the Jets could have turned them down and ESPN could be doing a show about the dolphins like w/ HBO.

13ktownguy
08-06-2012, 10:56 AM
:lol2:

Tunaphish429
08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Sooooo Funny...The Jets will always be the little brother of the Jets...I just heard Adam Schein say that the Jets D is better than the Giants D...do you Jets fans actually watch games? Or just skim thru them to see Revis make a play? Its really laughable.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Sooooo Funny...The Jets will always be the little brother of the Jets...I just heard Adam Schein say that the Jets D is better than the Giants D...do you Jets fans actually watch games? Or just skim thru them to see Revis make a play? Its really laughable.

the little brother that gets more attention than the big brother.

I think ranking wise our D will end up better just like the last few years under Rex but w/ that pass rush the Giants D has been better when it matters most so i give them the edge.

Tunaphish429
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM

I think ranking wise our D will end up better just like the last few years under Rex but w/ that pass rush the Giants D has been better when it matters most so i give them the edge.

The thing is the Giants like it that way...Thats why they are able to fly under the radar during the year...make the playoffs and stick it to the NFL. Yea the ranking leans towards the Jets big time..but we know as intelligent football fans that the rankings can not be put into a vacuum and compared because of SOS, Injuries and current chemistry of the teams they are playing.. The Giants D is going to give up alot more yards than the Jets just because of the type of D they play in general as well which is going to hurt them in the stats.

SpurzN703
08-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Eli is just jealous b/c no one cares about him even though he's won 2 SB MVPs, maybe if he was an elite QB he'd get more coverage?

mad dog: it could be worse, the Jets could have turned them down and ESPN could be doing a show about the dolphins like w/ HBO.

Now the Jets are the TV Coverage Champs? That's almost as important as the 4 playoff wins you mention in every line.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Now the Jets are the TV Coverage Champs? That's almost as important as the 4 playoff wins you mention in every line.

It's nice to be relevant, maybe one of these years we'll have everything break perfect and be able to break throuhg and win a SB but we'll see.

Kinzua
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM

That's cuz yore owner and gm be attention 'hoes. Jes' sayin'. :chuckle:

SpurzN703
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
It's nice to be relevant, maybe one of these years we'll have everything break perfect and be able to break throuhg and win a SB but we'll see.

The media coverage would be the same if Tebow was on any other team. Him being in New York with Rex Ryan and co. makes little difference.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 02:25 PM
The media coverage would be the same if Tebow was on any other team. Him being in New York with Rex Ryan and co. makes little difference.

It's magnified here w/ this team and specifically Rex.

MadDog 88
08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Rex has drawn TV coverage to the Jets since he arrived. Tebow just adds to it.

ChambersWI
08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
well ESPN Radio personalities are kind of turning on the Jets saying that the FO is only interested in getting the coverage and not winning.

MarshallFin1
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM

hey buddy, if u dont think eli is an elite qb by now, something is wrong with you. My guess is, jets fan jealousy of there big brother giants success. When was the last time the jets won a SB title? 40 years ago??? the giants have won 2 in the last decade buddy.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

back on topic though, ya'll still watch espn? cant remember the last time i did.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
hey buddy, if u dont think eli is an elite qb by now, something is wrong with you. My guess is, jets fan jealousy of there big brother giants success. When was the last time the jets won a SB title? 40 years ago??? the giants have won 2 in the last decade buddy.

The last time we won a SB was around the same time Miami last won one.

Jealousy? I'm absolutely jealous of the Giants winning SBs, that's what I want my team to do but I actually really like Eli so it's not jealousy it's reality. A guy w/ zero elite full seasons cannot be elite. Elite postseason player? I could buy that but just a year ago he was coming off a 25 INT season, he led the Giants to 9 wins- he's not elite yet.

JCane
08-06-2012, 05:23 PM
maybe if he was an elite QB he'd get more coverage?

Wasn't aware that Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez were elite QBs.

Besides, how jealous can you be when you have those two Super Bowl rings and MVPs that those two will never have.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Wasn't aware that Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez were elite QBs.

Besides, how jealous can you be when you have those two Super Bowl rings and MVPs that those two will never have.

Jealous enough to make passive aggressive remarks

MarshallFin1
08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
The last time we won a SB was around the same time Miami last won one.

Jealousy? I'm absolutely jealous of the Giants winning SBs, that's what I want my team to do but I actually really like Eli so it's not jealousy it's reality. A guy w/ zero elite full seasons cannot be elite. Elite postseason player? I could buy that but just a year ago he was coming off a 25 INT season, he led the Giants to 9 wins- he's not elite yet.

did u go undefeated?

JCane
08-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Jealous enough to make passive aggressive remarks

Eli is and was a funny dude before and after that comment.

Just comes with being great IMO.

WVDolphan
08-07-2012, 02:12 AM
It's nice to be relevant.

Relevant in the form of laughing stock of the league for those who are knowledgeable about the NFL and not just a casual onlooker.

tylerdolphin
08-07-2012, 04:17 AM
ITT I learn from junc that 5000 yards, 61% comp %, 6.4 YPP, 29 TDs, 93 QB rating and a SB MVP isnt an elite year.

The more you know...

JCane
08-07-2012, 04:28 AM
ITT I learn from junc that 5000 yards, 61% comp %, 6.4 YPP, 29 TDs, 93 QB rating and a SB MVP isnt an elite year.

The more you know...

The way he rationalizes **** will forever be a mystery to man.

AphexPhin
08-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Eli is funny. The Giants are definitely top dogs in NYC (and in the NFL for that matter)

nyjunc
08-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Relevant in the form of laughing stock of the league for those who are knowledgeable about the NFL and not just a casual onlooker.

yes we are the laughing stock being one of the best teams in the league under rex but Miami is a model franchise going over a decade(and counting) w/o a playoff win.

The more you know...

Just 3 more TDs than mark sanchez who everyone thinks sucks and he led his team to 9 wins in an easy division w/ an elite defense and incredible weapons on offense.

Played great in postseason,, you want to call him an elite postseason player? ok but the man doesn't have a single elite full season.

Vaark
08-07-2012, 08:34 AM

Or even worse than that....like Peyton Manning snickering when someone suggested he should out of courtesy, at least return Woody Johnson's recruiting call. :idk:

nyjunc
08-07-2012, 08:37 AM
We didn't try to get Peyton, YOU DID and failed as usual. he wouln't even take a visit to your facility, he only talked to you out of respect for Marino and you based your entire offseason on getting him.

Our entire offseason was designed to get Mark Sanchez back to normal, hiring your former HC should have told you all you needed to know about us going after peyton.

JCane
08-07-2012, 08:52 AM
This season is going to be fabulous watching the Jets flop like a fish out of water.

nyjunc
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
This season is going to be fabulous watching the Jets flop like a fish out of water.

What happens when that doesn't happen?

Vaark
08-07-2012, 08:56 AM
We didn't try to get Peyton, YOU DID and failed as usual. he wouln't even take a visit to your facility, he only talked to you out of respect for Marino and you based your entire offseason on getting him.

Our entire offseason was designed to get Mark Sanchez back to normal, hiring your former HC should have told you all you needed to know about us going after peyton.

Mark Sanchez "back to normal" is equivalent of Kyle Boller having a banner year. Yeah right; Woody called him, slobbered on himself over the idea of bringing him in but unlike the interaction with the Fins, Peyton wanted nothing to do with that three ring freak circus in Jersey. As actions speak louder than words, obviously by not even giving your legacy owner who never worked a day in his life even the courtesy of a call back, Peyton told the jest "eff you" I'm not gonna be your next clown"

Vaark
08-07-2012, 08:58 AM

probably the same thing that happened over the last 9 games of the season where the Baghdad Bob of FH was pulling out all sorts of BS stops to explain why the Fins were appreciably better than the 4-5 Jest.

DisturbedShifty
08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Mark Sanchez "back to normal" is equivalent of Kyle Boller having a banner year. Yeah right; Woody called him, slobbered on himself over the idea of bringing him in but unlike the interaction with the Fins, Peyton wanted nothing to do with that three ring freak circus in Jersey. As actions speak louder than words, obviously by not even giving your legacy owner who never worked a day in his life even the courtesy of a call back, Peyton told the jest "eff you" I'm not gonna be your next clown"

If memory serves the Jets were one of the earliest teams linked to wanting Manning's services. I think even before the season was over.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

JCane
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM

I guess I'll wake up.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

If memory serves the Jets were one of the earliest teams linked to wanting Manning's services. I think even before the season was over.

Can't be true.

Mark Sanchez is too good.

nyjunc
08-07-2012, 09:33 AM

Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins in 3 seasons as a starting QB than the Dolphin franchise 1995-2011.

Use some common sense for once, the Jets were never going after Peyton. They were working on an extension w/ sanchez for a while, they hired Tony Sparano as OC when we had Peyton's former OC on staff. Some common sense please.

Your memory would be incorrect, there was media speculation. The jets were nevers erious about Peyton, all you have to do is see who they hired as OC. Do you really think they thought they could get Peyton then hired Tony Sparano as OC?

DisturbedShifty
08-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Your memory would be incorrect, there was media speculation. The jets were nevers erious about Peyton, all you have to do is see who they hired as OC. Do you really think they thought they could get Peyton then hired Tony Sparano as OC?
Good point. Why get a real NFL QB to play for a, now offensive coordinator, who prefers running a college style offense. My bad.

SpurzN703
08-07-2012, 09:58 AM
It's magnified here w/ this team and specifically Rex.

It would be interesting to see Rex Ryan coaching the Seahawks. I wonder if they'd get the same publicity.

SpurzN703
08-07-2012, 10:00 AM

The same as how it is now. You'll say it was a fluke or that you expect them to be better next year while still mentioning 2009 and 2010.

nyjunc
08-07-2012, 10:04 AM
It would be interesting to see Rex Ryan coaching the Seahawks. I wonder if they'd get the same publicity.

I think he'd get attention no matter where he was coaching.

The same as how it is now. You'll say it was a fluke or that you expect them to be better next year while still mentioning 2009 and 2010.

2 years isn't a fluke, right now it's 2 of 3 years in the title game and one "bad" year at 8-8. If they have another 8-8 or worse season then it's not a fluke.

AphexPhin
08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
the Jets get more sportscenter/1st Take coverage so apparently they are better. lmao

SpaceMountain16
08-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Sanchez and Tebow are way more elite.

VA_Finfan
08-09-2012, 09:45 PM

Eli is ELIte

BleedinGreenNC
08-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Eli is ELIte

Eli is not elite, he is two great catches away from being 0-2 in the SB. He is a product of a decent defense and good coaching, same as Sanchez.

JCane
08-10-2012, 07:57 AM
So only the Jet fans believe that Eli isn't elite.

Got it.

:lol:

DisturbedShifty
08-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Eli is not elite, he is two great catches away from being 0-2 in the SB. He is a product of a decent defense and good coaching, same as Sanchez.
You know I was gonna make a snide remark. But the bit in bold stopped me cold.

BleedinGreenNC
08-10-2012, 08:20 AM
You know I was gonna make a snide remark. But the bit in bold stopped me cold.

I have never been, nor will i ever be a Sanchez supporter. And by no means am i a fan of Tebow.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

So only the Jet fans believe that Eli isn't elite.

Got it.

:lol:

I would have to say that Cowboys, Eagles and Skins fans would say the same thing.

JCane
08-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I would have to say that fans of other rival teams who are jealous of Eli would say the same thing.

Agreed.

SpurzN703
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I think he'd get attention no matter where he was coaching.

I agree. I just wonder how much considering Seattle is in a location in the U.S. you don't hear much about.

2 years isn't a fluke, right now it's 2 of 3 years in the title game and one "bad" year at 8-8. If they have another 8-8 or worse season then it's not a fluke.

This is definitely a big year for your squad

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

That explains why Manning has 2 SB MVPs and wins while Sanchez doesn't. If the products both QBs have are the same, explain why the Giants have succeeded so much more than your team has.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I would have to say that Cowboys, Eagles and Skins fans would say the same thing.

I can say that some of the media on ESPN 980 here in the D.C. area would disagree with your assessment. They don't like the Giants b/c of the rivalry but they have given Manning props (a discussion about being elite as well).

nyjunc
08-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I agree. I just wonder how much considering Seattle is in a location in the U.S. you don't hear much about.

This is definitely a big year for your squad

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

That explains why Manning has 2 SB MVPs and wins while Sanchez doesn't. If the products both QBs have are the same, explain why the Giants have succeeded so much more than your team has.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

I can say that some of the media on ESPN 980 here in the D.C. area would disagree with your assessment. They don't like the Giants b/c of the rivalry but they have given Manning props (a discussion about being elite as well).

The biggest difference btw Eli getting 2 and winning 2 SBs and Sanchez losing 2 title games is that in both of eli's title games his D/Sts froced huge Tos to set up those wins.

Is Eli better right now? of course but remember as recently as 2010 sanchez had a better year.

JCane
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
These jokers here man lol...

SpurzN703
08-10-2012, 02:16 PM
The biggest difference btw Eli getting 2 and winning 2 SBs and Sanchez losing 2 title games is that in both of eli's title games his D/Sts froced huge Tos to set up those wins.

Is Eli better right now? of course but remember as recently as 2010 sanchez had a better year.

So then the defenses aren't comparable since the Giants D gets the job done whereas New York's can't/hasn't.

nyjunc
08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
So then the defenses aren't comparable since the Giants D gets the job done whereas New York's can't/hasn't.

The Giant D has played better but what did they have to do w/ 2 fumbles on punts at SF? the blown fumble on Bradshaw? the 2 near INts into doub;e coverage where SF DBs collided each time.

SpurzN703
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
The Giant D has played better but what did they have to do w/ 2 fumbles on punts at SF? the blown fumble on Bradshaw? the 2 near INts into doub;e coverage where SF DBs collided each time.

They did what they had to do same as the Giants STs and offense.

NY8123
08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
To be honest I don't think I am happy that Sparano is the OC of the Jets. If the Jets get their running game together and limit the pressure on Sanchez they will win. I don't ever think Sanchez is going to be a put the team on his back QB but if you give him a solid D and running attack he can survive.

Is that enough to be a dynasty - no, is it enough to win a Super Bowl, depends on how the cards fall with luck and chance.