EmperorPhin
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Even with Tebow they only had 9200 people per james walker on twitter

number1fin
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM
:wrongforum:

Sofa_King_Drunk
08-04-2012, 08:24 PM
No way...... are you serious? But they said Tebow was going to take off his shirt and Sanchez was going to oil him up..... I don't understand

LANGER72
08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
9000 of the people were Tebow groupies that couldn't care less about football...

kcbrown
08-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Who cares? Get this Jets talk outta here....

Jetsfan0099
08-05-2012, 01:18 AM
SUNY Cortland only has a seating capacity of 6,500. Cortland is like in the middle of nowhere. I would have went if it wasn't so far, I used to go to Hofstra for their practices.

Kinzua
08-05-2012, 07:52 AM
SUNY Cortland only has a seating capacity of 6,500. Cortland is like in the middle of nowhere. I would have went if it wasn't so far, I used to go to Hofstra for their practices.

I'm NOT sure why the Jets located their TC in Cortland. Maybe they tried to emulate the Gnats who have held their TC in Albany for a couple of decades now. The thing is that Albany has always been Gnats territory, while everything west of Utica has been Bills territory. The Jets have never had a large fan following upstate except for college students from the NYC area, most of whom are NOT there in the summer. The Jets have traditionally been anchored in Long Island, and I'm NOT sure why they moved. Maybe they moved to Cortland to discourage fans from coming up to TC for some reason.

Jetsfan0099
08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm NOT sure why the Jets located their TC in Cortland. Maybe they tried to emulate the Gnats who have held their TC in Albany for a couple of decades now. The thing is that Albany has always been Gnats territory, while everything west of Utica has been Bills territory. The Jets have never had a large fan following upstate except for college students from the NYC area, most of whom are NOT there in the summer. The Jets have traditionally been anchored in Long Island, and I'm NOT sure why they moved. Maybe they moved to Cortland to discourage fans from coming up to TC for some reason.

Its a Rex Ryan thing, he wanted them to get away for training camp. Bring the team out to the middle of nowhere, where they can build team chemistry. Its something he learned with the Ravens.

NYCBillsFan
08-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Its a Rex Ryan thing, he wanted them to get away for training camp. Bring the team out to the middle of nowhere, where they can build team chemistry. Its something he learned with the Ravens.
I think it's more along the lines of the Jets have a crappy fanbase upstate, so maybe putting TC there will stir some interest, that and signing Tim Tebow......

Kinzua
08-05-2012, 01:16 PM

I thought the Jets moved to Cortland several years before Ryan became HC.

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I thought the Jets moved to Cortland several years before Ryan became HC.

No, the first year was '09.

Isn't football great? We are all similar, all love our teams. We got so far as take shots at other teams b/c of attendance at a scrimmage w/o knowing we were 3,000 over capacity where the game was played. That's not a shot at the original poster, we are all looking for shots at our rivals. That's what makes these boards fun.

DisturbedShifty
08-06-2012, 08:42 AM

Isn't football great? We are all similar, all love our teams. We got so far as take shots at other teams b/c of attendance at a scrimmage w/o knowing we were 3,000 over capacity where the game was played. That's not a shot at the original poster, we are all looking for shots at our rivals. That's what makes these boards fun.

I think Denver had all teams topped for attendance at a scrimmage.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

PhinzN703
08-06-2012, 10:16 AM

I don't ever understand the debate over attendance. One individual can only do so much to affect a team's attendance. What the people in and around Miami do is their own business and has nothing to do with me. The same goes for any other team.

It's **** like that and when people start fighting about a team's colors or logo. Can it get any more cheesy?

nyjunc
08-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't ever understand the debate over attendance. One individual can only do so much to affect a team's attendance. What the people in and around Miami do is their own business and has nothing to do with me. The same goes for any other team.

It's **** like that and when people start fighting about a team's colors or logo. Can it get any more cheesy?

it's all fun stuff to needle opposing fans w/ but in reality all of this stuff we argue about is meaningless b/c none of us affect the outcome of games.