PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan still believes that the Wildcat is viable offense in the NFL

SkapePhin
08-13-2012, 01:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/rex-ryan-was-is-interested-in-colin-kaerp/

Funny, wasn't his team calling the Wildcat a "clown offense" when the Dolphins killed them with it back in 2009?

JCane
08-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Rex Ryan and his ground-and-pound bull**** is the reason why Mark Sanchez will have another mediocre season. The Jets could have above average QB play if they would simply adjust to the rule changes like everyone else with half a brain.

Rex Ryan's faith in the run game reminds me 50 year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with the young kids at the Nickelback show still sporting his Crosby Stills & Nash shirt from his 20's.

Give it up, you retard.

Flip Tanneflop
08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Its tough for him to pick up on things. Were talking about a guy who had Tony Sparano as the HC of another team in his division for THREE YEARS and obviously he didnt seem to figure out during that time that Sparano is a bewb.

rent this space
08-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Rex Ryan slings more BS than a car salesman.

Kinzua
08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Rex Ryan and his ground-and-pound bull**** is the reason why Mark Sanchez will have another mediocre season. The Jets could have above average QB play if they would simply adjust to the rule changes like everyone else with half a brain.

Rex Ryan's faith in the run game reminds me 50 year-old hippie guy with the pony tail smoking pot with the young kids at the Nickelback show still sporting his Crosby Stills & Nash shirt from his 20's.

Give it up, you retard.

I'm convinced that Jabba is obsessed with resurrecting the 1985 Chicago Bears ... or maybe the 1935 Chicago Bears complete with leather helmets ... to demonstrate his coaching "genius". Tebow, a "QB" who can't pass, and the wildcat are part and parcel of Jabba's "plan". A 250 pound bruiser with Jesus on his side will surely put the fear of God into opposing defenses, I guess the thought is, even if his errant downfield throws are as likely to end up being caught by DBs as WRs.

I think that Jabba's reasoning is that, if the rest of the league is building Ds to stop the passing game, then those same Ds won't be any good against the rush. After all, we all know that only Jabba is a great enough defensive coach to build a D that stops both cuz he told us so, and it's perfect contrarian logic: do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

That the Jests don't actually have the personnel to run the "ground and pound" is immaterial. Never mind that they don't have a blocking TE on the roster. Never mind that Shonn Greene doesn't make many yards that the OL doesn't get for him. Tony Sparano will fix everything, but especially the Jests mediocre OL, including the travesty that is Wayne Hunter, the busting of Vlad Ducasse, and the lack of depth on the OL, all by playing musical linemen in TC and into the regular season.

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm convinced that Jabba is obsessed with resurrecting the 1985 Chicago Bears ... or maybe the 1935 Chicago Bears complete with leather helmets ... to demonstrate his coaching "genius". Tebow, a "QB" who can't pass, and the wildcat are part and parcel of Jabba's "plan". A 250 pound bruiser with Jesus on his side will surely put the fear of God into opposing defenses, I guess the thought is, even if his errant downfield throws are as likely to end up being caught by DBs as WRs.

I think that Jabba's reasoning is that, if the rest of the league is building Ds to stop the passing game, then those same Ds won't be any good against the rush. After all, we all know that only Jabba is a great enough defensive coach to build a D that stops both cuz he told us so, and it's perfect contrarian logic: do the opposite of what everybody else is doing.

That the Jests don't actually have the personnel to run the "ground and pound" is immaterial. Never mind that they don't have a blocking TE on the roster. Never mind that Shonn Greene doesn't make many yards that the OL doesn't get for him. Tony Sparano will fix everything, but especially the Jests mediocre OL, including the travesty that is Wayne Hunter, the busting of Vlad Ducasse, and the lack of depth on the OL, all by playing musical linemen in TC and into the regular season.

"ground and pound" is a philospohy, it doesn't mean we will be running 60% of the time. I would bet we will still throw more than run but it's a mindset, a physical style of play for the OL and hopefully it works.

When bashing Greene just keep in mind w/ a bad OL a year ago he still averaged over 4 YPC and tebow will be a big help to our ground game w/ the WC and running out of base sets.

I don't know where this notion comes from that you need to have a top passing game or you need to pass much more than you run to win.

2011 title games: SF and Bal
2010 title games: NYJ
2009 title games: NYJ
2008 title games: Bal
2007 title game and SB: NYG
2006 title game and SB: Chi
2005 title game and SB: Pitt

every year running teams are going deep into postseason so why is it crazy to want to establish a ground game?

Wayne Hunter was a starter on a title game team and we have good OL everywhere except RT, it's not like the OL completely sucks barring injuries.

The Ol should be much better, not 2009 better but much better than '11. We have deep threats in this offense which should help, we have a good pass catching TE, sanchez is passing the ball better than he ever has. This O should at least be middle of the pack and w/ our D that should be good enough to get back to postseason.

JCane
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
I like Rex as a defensive coordinator. But his entire family has the same dumbass coaching philosophy and they've all been **** ups for the most part.

Lately every time I hear the defensive guru that is Rex Ryan speak, he's talking about offense.

And I don't care if it's Mark Sanchez and the Jets or not because I'd say the same thing about my own team if this nonsense was going down in Miami, but Rex has done NOTHING to support and show faith in his QB. He's always saying, "we'll see" or he's bringing in the worst starting QB in the league to "back him up" after the Jets handed Sanchez a new contract. What a joke. I'm sure Sanchez is loving all of that.

Personally, I like Mark Sanchez. I think that kid has some serious talent and could do some great things in this league.

But how would you feel if your current employer showed little to no confidence in the job that you do on a daily basis. How confident would you feel in the work you're doing for your company?

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I disagree, I think every move they made this offseason inclduing Tebow was made w/ helping Sanchez bounce back from his mediocre 2011 season.

JCane
08-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I disagree, I think every move they made this offseason inclduing Tebow was made w/ helping Sanchez bounce back from his mediocre 2011 season.

Off-topic, Eli Manning is unstoppable in Madden '13.

Downloaded the demo last night at work for PS3.

Hall of Famer that Eli.

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Off-topic, Eli Manning is unstoppable in Madden '13.

Downloaded the demo last night at work for PS3.

Hall of Famer that Eli.

he is the best QB in the game so he should be great on Madden.

SpurzN703
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
The wildcat was a fad back then and will fizzle out once teams figure out all Tebow can do in it

JCane
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLD5o5N674

Kinzua
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... :crazy: Oh, wait! :3w: I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT! :sidelol:

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Wanna buy a bridge over Chautauqua Lake ... cheap?

Dude, you are delusional.

First off, Sanchez was never good enough to "bounce back" from any "mediocre" season. At best, he's been "mediocre" his entire pro career.

Second, if trading for the worse passer in the league, signing a never-was WR, and drafting a WR out of a triple-option offense constitues "helping" a QB do better, I'd like to see what "sabotaging" him looks like ... :crazy: Oh, wait! :3w: I do know what that looks like ... it's leaving Wayne Hunter as his starting RT! :sidelol:

mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
-bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
-drafting a WR high
-not bringing back Plax

Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.

SpurzN703
08-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Good organizations don't have to vastly overpay like Buffalo did for a good pass rusher. Should the jets have reached to take a tackle? should they have overpaid for one in FA? REMEMBER, this exact same starting OL was starting in the AFC Championship Game at Pitt in jan of 2011 so it's not like he hasn't proven he can play. yes, I would have preferred they upgraded at RT and I think they are still working on that and we may have a starter week 1 that isn't currently on the roster but I wouldn't want them to reach or overpay for one.

Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Have the Jets ever done any wrong in your eyes?

who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.

Flip Tanneflop
08-15-2012, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLD5o5N674

:lol: I had never seen that.

SpurzN703
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
who said that? b/c I don't see 5 wins that means they haven't done anything wrong? The question is have they ever done anything right to you guys b/c despite the success you still treat them as if they are the Bills or dolphins.

You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.

nyjunc
08-15-2012, 04:59 PM
You've talked so glowingly about what the Jets have done the last few years it's hard for me to remember you ever criticizing any move they've ever made.

I criticize when they deserve it, I criticized them a lot last year, the 2 years before that there wasn't too much to criticize.

Kinzua
08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
mark was a top 10 type QB 2 years ago, I know you'll throw fantasy stats out at me but he cut down on TOs and desptie an up and down run game and D he led the team to 4-5 late game comeback wins helping us get to 11 wins.

-Hiring Tony Sparano who will emphasize run game
-bringing in tebow- Brad Smith was a great help to the O and Tebow is better than Brad
-drafting a WR high
-not bringing back Plax

A "top ten type QB"? Really? :sidelol: Nobody except Jests homers have ever thought Sanchez was a "top ten" QB. Ever.

Since the Jets had very limited success with the running game last season, it doesn't seem likely that will change under Sparano. He's underwhelming at best.
Tebow cannot run or pass as well as Smith. He can probably throw the ball further however, although the chances of it coming close to his WR are 50-50 at best.
Hill played in a triple option offense where passing was an afterthought. He's going to disappoint this season as he transitions -- if he can transition.
Burress was the reason that Sanchez threw as many TDs as he did. Who on the current Jets roster replaces his red zone production?

Good organizations don't overpay for mediocre WR with diva personalities, and three weeks into TC is a bit late to be "working on" finding an upgrade at starting RT.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 08:24 AM
A "top ten type QB"? Really? :sidelol: Nobody except Jests homers have ever thought Sanchez was a "top ten" QB. Ever.

Since the Jets had very limited success with the running game last season, it doesn't seem likely that will change under Sparano. He's underwhelming at best.
Tebow cannot run or pass as well as Smith. He can probably throw the ball further however, although the chances of it coming close to his WR are 50-50 at best.
Hill played in a triple option offense where passing was an afterthought. He's going to disappoint this season as he transitions -- if he can transition.
Burress was the reason that Sanchez threw as many TDs as he did. Who on the current Jets roster replaces his red zone production?

Good organizations don't overpay for mediocre WR with diva personalities, and three weeks into TC is a bit late to be "working on" finding an upgrade at starting RT.

I don't care wht fantasy football fans think, he was a top 10 type QB- somewhere in the 8-12 range. You don't judge QBs based entirely on fantasy #s.

The jets had similar running success as they had 2 years ago.

Tebow runs and passes better than Smith. Notice how Brad was good for us and couldn't do anything for you? same thing w/ Maybin- you think we have better coaching?

Hill is not expected to catch 70 balls, he'll probably catch 30-40 but as long as the yards per avg is high that will be ok.

Burress' 8 TDs were why Sanchez threw 18 other TDs?

Hill is a big target that can also get downfield.

Mediocre? He's a SB MVP and nearly helped us get to a SB, he's not Stevie stone hands who puts up good fantasy #s but is nowhere to be found in crunch time.

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Jets fan No. 1: "I should probably get a picture of [Mark] Sanchez. He is the starter." Jets fan No. 2: "Sanchez is a lot better but you wouldn't know it. The offense is so atrocious. See that scrimmage? Looked like Cortland out there. They'll probably put [Tim] Tebow out there and just say 'Run for your life.' "
Mark Sanchez gets sacked during last Friday's preseason game against the Bengals. (AP)Ah, Jets fans. The painful eventuality these jaded folks feared entering training camp went something like this: The pressure of Tebow's popularity would overwhelm Sanchez, and he would crumble while the Chosen One ascended

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--supporting-cast-could-doom-jets-qb-mark-sanchez-in-effort-to-hold-off-tim-tebow.html

:3w:

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't care wht fantasy football fans think, he was a top 10 type QB- somewhere in the 8-12 range. You don't judge QBs based entirely on fantasy #s.

Who knew a Top-10 QB would finish his seasons 28th, 27th, and 23rd in QBR? QBR is bull**** right? It's a horrible indicator on how good a player is. That must explain why the real QBs like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc. are always at the top of a QBR list.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Who knew a Top-10 QB would finish his seasons 28th, 27th, and 23rd in QBR? QBR is bull**** right? It's a horrible indicator on how good a player is. That must explain why the real QBs like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc. are always at the top of a QBR list.

Don't judge QBs based solely on QB ratings and fantasy stats and you won't have that issue in the future.

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Don't judge QBs based solely on QB ratings and fantasy stats and you won't have that issue in the future.

QBR isn't a fantasy stat. It's THE measuring tool of a QB who is worth a ****

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
QBR isn't a fantasy stat. It's THE measuring tool of a QB who is worth a ****

yep, it gives you the same grade for making a play down 30 in the 4th qtr as down 6 in the 4th qtr. sanchez led numerous late gam comebacks to help us win after the D and run game failed us. That doesn't show up on the QBR stat sheet.

Kinzua
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM

Really? Just count active QBs with Super Bowl rings ... Brees 1, P Manning 1, Rodgers, P Manning 2, Roethlisberger 2, Brady 3.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Really? Just count active QBs with Super Bowl rings ... Brees 1, P Manning 1, Rodgers, P Manning 2, Roethlisberger 2, Brady 3.

where did I say Sanchez was up w/ those guys?

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
yep, it gives you the same grade for making a play down 30 in the 4th qtr as down 6 in the 4th qtr. sanchez led numerous late gam comebacks to help us win after the D and run game failed us. That doesn't show up on the QBR stat sheet.

Of course. Stats that set out to make Sanchez look bad when he really isn't.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

where did I say Sanchez was up w/ those guys?

You said he was Top 8 to 12. Those guys right there are Top 5 already. Kinzua listed Peyton Manning twice though :lol2:

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Of course. Stats that set out to make Sanchez look bad when he really isn't.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

You said he was Top 8 to 12. Those guys right there are Top 5 already. Kinzua listed Peyton Manning twice though :lol2:

so 8-12 is now top 5? Name me the 8-11 better QBs in the 2010 season please.

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
so 8-12 is now top 5? Name me the 8-11 better QBs in the 2010 season please.

Rivers, Manning, Brees, Schaub, E. Manning, Carson Palmer, Rodgers, Brady, Vick, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Cassell, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, David Garrard

Locke
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Tom Brady
Big Ben
Eli Manning (you'll argue this, but by your own "pressure" argument, he is elite)
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck (even though I know you're going to argue this one, it's obvious to everyone he will be a top 5 QB much sooner than later)
Matt Schaub

There's 11 right there. I could even list another 5-6 who are on equal footing as Sanchez, but who'll probably end up better once they get a few more years experience.

Let the spinning commence...

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Rivers, Manning, Brees, Schaub, E. Manning, Carson Palmer, Rodgers, Brady, Vick, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Cassell, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler, David Garrard

Eli and his 25 INTs?:lol2: Garrard? Schaub? PALMER?:lol2::lol2:

In 2010 Brady, peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Vick, Rivers, Ryan and maybe Flacco. The rest aren't even in the discussion.

Tom Brady
Big Ben
Eli Manning (you'll argue this, but by your own "pressure" argument, he is elite)
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck (even though I know you're going to argue this one, it's obvious to everyone he will be a top 5 QB much sooner than later)
Matt Schaub

There's 11 right there. I could even list another 5-6 who are on equal footing as Sanchez, but who'll probably end up better once they get a few more years experience.

Let the spinning commence...

I was talking about 2010 but in 2012:

Do we get Eli '11 or Eli '10? Eli should be better but he's never shown consistency from year to year.

Rivers is a great fantasy QB, he'll put up better #s w/o a doubt.

I would like to see Luck play a reg season game first.

Newton still has something to prove, now he is expected to win which is a huge difference from a year ago.

Schuab is vastly overrated, another great fantasy guy.

Stafford plays in a dome and has Calvin Johnson.

There's room in the top 10 if he plays more like 2010 than 2011.

Just to be clear, I didn't call him a top 10 QB going into 2012. I was discussing 2010, he can be in 2012 but we'll see.

SpurzN703
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Eli and his 25 INTs?:lol2: Garrard? Schaub? PALMER?:lol2::lol2:

In 2010 Brady, peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, Vick, Rivers, Ryan and maybe Flacco. The rest aren't even in the discussion.

Yep. Give Schaub, Garrard, and Palmer better defenses and you'd see similar results to Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Stafford plays in a dome and has Calvin Johnson.

What the **** is this even supposed to mean? Dome QBs aren't **** b/c there's a roof over their heads? How can Manning and Brees be anybody if this was true?

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Yep. Give Schaub, Garrard, and Palmer better defenses and you'd see similar results to Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

What the **** is this even supposed to mean? Dome QBs aren't **** b/c there's a roof over their heads? How can Manning and Brees be anybody if this was true?

The defenses are why those guys didn't make plays to win more games?

You don't think a dome QB has an advantage over outdoor QBs?

bigvince75
08-16-2012, 10:31 PM

:ponder:

definitely not in 2010

Mike13
08-16-2012, 11:29 PM

Daddy's team? Freud would **** his pants.

CallMeDaddy
08-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisburger, Rivers, Vick, Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Schaub, Cassel, Cutler.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 12:13 AM
The defenses are why those guys didn't make plays to win more games?

Those teams gave up more points than the Jets as a team did. You're telling me that doesn't factor into Sanchez winning a bit more?

You don't think a dome QB has an advantage over outdoor QBs?

Depends on the location. How many teams in domes have won the Super Bowl as opposed to teams in open-air stadiums?

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 12:17 AM
:ponder:

definitely not in 2010

In comparison to Sanchez he did. More completions, attempts, better completion percentage, more yards, TDs, YPC, YPG, and a better QBR.

I know I know, stats don't mean anything. It's the leadership Sanchez shows that proves he was a Top 8-12 QB despite data as proof he wasn't.

MadDog 88
08-17-2012, 05:02 AM
Amazing how Henne had 4-5 4th qtr comebacks to win in 2009 but they didn't count because the Dolphins trailed by less then 7 points. Somehow Sanchez has 4-5 qtr comebacks trailing by 6 and that counts. Let me guess Junc. You never said that right? :idk:

Kinzua
08-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Daddy's team? Freud would **** his pants.

Seriously! Remember DaBears' Refrigerator (William Perry), the big DLer who played OL on the goal line? Well, Jabba's got "Refrigerator Lite": CB Cromartie is going to play WR on occasion (and the wags keep laughing at the Fins' WRs! :sidelol:) plus he'll do Daddy at least one better with Savior Tebow: QB/HB/STer.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Those teams gave up more points than the Jets as a team did. You're telling me that doesn't factor into Sanchez winning a bit more?

Depends on the location. How many teams in domes have won the Super Bowl as opposed to teams in open-air stadiums?

Mayabe, our D also blew a ton of games and needed our O to bail them out. Again, you can't just look at #s w/o context.

It has nothing to do w/ SBs it has to do w/ QB play. They rarely have to play in the elements, it helps their passing #s which the average fan thinks tells us everything we need to know about QB play.

In comparison to Sanchez he did. More completions, attempts, better completion percentage, more yards, TDs, YPC, YPG, and a better QBR.

I know I know, stats don't mean anything. It's the leadership Sanchez shows that proves he was a Top 8-12 QB despite data as proof he wasn't.

You are a better fan than this Phinz to post nonsense like this. Oh and you forgot 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG but he had a better rating!

Amazing how Henne had 4-5 4th qtr comebacks to win in 2009 but they didn't count because the Dolphins trailed by less then 7 points. Somehow Sanchez has 4-5 qtr comebacks trailing by 6 and that counts. Let me guess Junc. You never said that right? :idk:

Let's look at Chad Henne's "comebacks" in 2009:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=HennCh01

-vs. NYJ. Trailing 27-24 late, win 31-27
-vs. TB. Trailing 23-22 late(after he threw an INT to set up TB's lead), win 25-23
-vs. NE: down 21-19 enetering 4th qtr, win 22-21

These are comebacks that history will never forget:lol:

Let's compare that to sanchez's 10 comebacks:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

-at Den: Trailing 20-17, win 24-20. his was like a Henne comeback but at least it was on the road.
-at Det: Trailing by 10 w/ 3 mins left, leads Jets to 10 pts to send to OT then wins it on first drive of OT
-at Cle: after D blows 7 pt late lead(and K had missed multiple chip shots), Sanchez gets ball late in OT and wins the game
-vs. Hou: after D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, gets the ball at NYJ 28 w/ 55 seconds w/ NO timeouts trailing by 4. Leads Td drive for the win
-PLAYOFFS at Indy. Trailing by 2 w/ under a min left. gets K in chip shot range to win it.

See any differences?

Seriously! Remember DaBears' Refrigerator (William Perry), the big DLer who played OL on the goal line? Well, Jabba's got "Refrigerator Lite": CB Cromartie is going to play WR on occasion (and the wags keep laughing at the Fins' WRs! :sidelol:) plus he'll do Daddy at least one better with Savior Tebow: QB/HB/STer.

A Bills fan laughing at anyone is the ultimate insult. It should be fun when you disappear from the board when buif starts losing like you always do.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
You are a better fan than this Phinz to post nonsense like this. Oh and you forgot 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG but he had a better rating!

How is it nonsense? You don't agree with me that stats tell the story for how good a QB is. That doesn't make what I think nonsense.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
How is it nonsense? You don't agree with me that stats tell the story for how good a QB is. That doesn't make what I think nonsense.

It's 100% nonsense, they won FOUR games,m they were out of most games and he was playing in mostly garbage time. He incresed his #s but again even w/ that he threw 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG. he wasn't anywhere near as good as Sanchez in 2010, he wasn't even as good as Mark last year.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
It's 100% nonsense, they won FOUR games,m they were out of most games and he was playing in mostly garbage time. He incresed his #s but again even w/ that he threw 8 more INTs, 7 less wins, or leading his O to 1.5 less PPG. he wasn't anywhere near as good as Sanchez in 2010, he wasn't even as good as Mark last year.

Palmer has 6 total TDs more than Sanchez did that year and it's his fault the Jets had a whopping 1.5 more PPG? Funny

Yes they won four games. They also lost games by 3, 3, 7, 8, 6, 6, 18, 16, 4, 16, and 6. I know, I know, good teams win close games. I'm not claiming the Bengals were good that year. But when Palmer has better numbers than Sanchez (sans the INTs) and his team loses 5 more games, let's not put some of the blame on the running game, or STs, or the coaches, or the schemes, or luck or anything.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Palmer has 6 total TDs more than Sanchez did that year and it's his fault the Jets had a whopping 1.5 more PPG? Funny

Yes they won four games. They also lost games by 3, 3, 7, 8, 6, 6, 18, 16, 4, 16, and 6. I know, I know, good teams win close games. I'm not claiming the Bengals were good that year. But when Palmer has better numbers than Sanchez (sans the INTs) and his team loses 5 more games, let's not put some of the blame on the running game, or STs, or the coaches, or the schemes, or luck or anything.

1.5 PPg is still more, right? sanchez made plays to win games carson palmer did not.

In clopse games where their teams had a chance:

palmer:
bal: led cincy to GW FG
Cle: failed trailing by 3 w/ 9.5 to play
TB: failed tied late in loss to TB
Mia: failed down 8 w/ 11 mins to play
Pit: failed down 6 w/ 4 mins to plays
Bal: failed down 6 w/ 11 mins left
Pit: failed down 6 w/ qtr to play

successful once, failed 6 times. Not a good ration

Sanchez:
Bal: failed w/ 2 shots trailing by 1
Mia: led late TD to extend lead to 8
Den: led late TD drive to win by 4
Det: led GW FG drive in OT
Cle: GW TD in OT
Hou: GW TD drive in final seconds
Pit: tied entering 4th, win by 5
Indy: led GW FG drive in final seconds

7 successes, 1 failure but his QB rating wasn't quite as high

ChambersWI
08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
The Wildcat can work if you aren't depending on it as a base of the offense.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
1.5 PPg is still more, right? sanchez made plays to win games carson palmer did not.

palmer:

Sanchez:

I can't speak for any of those games except for the Dolphins game because I was at the game. Down 31-23 Henne had a pass to Marshall that he took to the 10 or so with a min left (give or take). They couldn't punch it in. The defense won that game with Sanchez's help. Sanchez had a good game that night, I have no trouble admitting that.

Let's not act like he was the only factor in it. Henne needs to get the team into the end zone to tie. He couldn't b/c the Jets stopped him.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't speak for any of those games except for the Dolphins game because I was at the game. Down 31-23 Henne had a pass to Marshall that he took to the 10 or so with a min left (give or take). They couldn't punch it in. The defense won that game with Sanchez's help. Sanchez had a good game that night, I have no trouble admitting that.

Let's not act like he was the only factor in it. Henne needs to get the team into the end zone to tie. He couldn't b/c the Jets stopped him.

The D allowed henne to carve them up, despite missing Braylon for the 1st qtr Sanchez kept leading us to points and gave the D the 8 pt cushion making Miami have to score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. Miami also got the ball at their 31 w/ less than 2 mins left and the D barely held off Miami. We won b/c of Sanchez and the pass O.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 03:15 PM
The D allowed henne to carve them up, despite missing Braylon for the 1st qtr Sanchez kept leading us to points and gave the D the 8 pt cushion making Miami have to score a TD and get a 2 pt conversion. Miami also got the ball at their 31 w/ less than 2 mins left and the D barely held off Miami. We won b/c of Sanchez and the pass O.

You won because of Sanchez and the defense stopping Henne when it mattered. As I said. Whose to say Carson Palmer had those same results?

And never mind just him. What about the other QBs mentioned? Not superior enough b/c they didn't lead their team through the high seas of the NFL and into the all-important AFCCG?

JCane
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM

palmer:

Sanchez:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
You won because of Sanchez and the defense stopping Henne when it mattered. As I said. Whose to say Carson Palmer had those same results?

And never mind just him. What about the other QBs mentioned? Not superior enough b/c they didn't lead their team through the high seas of the NFL and into the all-important AFCCG?

We won b/c our O scored 31 pts and gave the D a very late 8 pt lead.

You can keep your stat guys, I'll take the guy who is making plays to win.

SpurzN703
08-17-2012, 04:11 PM

You won b/c the defense held Henne at the end. Had that not and the Dolphins scored 8 pts, who knows what would've happened. It's funny. You'll argue against me when I'm mostly on your side about his. It's just that you can't stand to be equal w/ someone so you do what you can to continue the nonsense.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

My stat guys like Rodgers, Brees, Eli Manning, and Brady? Sure! Keep Sanchez all you want. He's won tons.

JCane
08-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Keep Sanchez all you want. He's won tons.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/jetfans1copy-1.jpg

CallMeDaddy
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:
QBRat: 55.5
com%: 46.2
TD: 2
INT: 4
yards: 753
YPA: 5.3

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 77.7
com%: 59.3
TD: 9
INT: 8
yards: 1223
YPA: 6.7

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:
QBRat: 76.5
com%: 56.0
TD: 8
Yards: 1827
YPA: 7.3

Carson Palmer:
QBRat: 83.7
Com%: 63.5
TD: 15
INT: 11
Yards: 2469
YPA: 6.6

It looks like if you want a QB that is making plays to win in 2010, Palmer would be your guy over Sanchez.

CallMeDaddy
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
And I know how you love to call Schaub a "Fantasy QB" so I looked at the stats:

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 94.8
Com%: 62.1
INT: 3
Yards: 1372
YPA: 7.5

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 91.7
COM%: 63.5
TD: 17
INT: 10
Yards: 2993
YPA: 7.9

truthbtold
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM

I'll go to my grave screaming that we should have gone for 2 to take a 9 point lead. I don't care what the "book" says. Our defense played like **** all night and was totally gassed on that last drive. Stupid move by Rex not to take the opportunity to win on offense. We could have put the game away with the much better unit that night ... the offense. instead of ending the game right there, we gave the Dolphins an opportunity to break our hearts, and they almost did.

MadDog 88
08-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Mayabe, our D also blew a ton of games and needed our O to bail them out. Again, you can't just look at #s w/o context.

It has nothing to do w/ SBs it has to do w/ QB play. They rarely have to play in the elements, it helps their passing #s which the average fan thinks tells us everything we need to know about QB play.

Let's look at Chad Henne's "comebacks" in 2009:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=HennCh01

-vs. NYJ. Trailing 27-24 late, win 31-27
-vs. TB. Trailing 23-22 late(after he threw an INT to set up TB's lead), win 25-23
-vs. NE: down 21-19 enetering 4th qtr, win 22-21

These are comebacks that history will never forget:lol:

Let's compare that to sanchez's 10 comebacks:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

-at Den: Trailing 20-17, win 24-20. his was like a Henne comeback but at least it was on the road.
-at Det: Trailing by 10 w/ 3 mins left, leads Jets to 10 pts to send to OT then wins it on first drive of OT
-at Cle: after D blows 7 pt late lead(and K had missed multiple chip shots), Sanchez gets ball late in OT and wins the game
-vs. Hou: after D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, gets the ball at NYJ 28 w/ 55 seconds w/ NO timeouts trailing by 4. Leads Td drive for the win
-PLAYOFFS at Indy. Trailing by 2 w/ under a min left. gets K in chip shot range to win it.

See any differences?

A Bills fan laughing at anyone is the ultimate insult. It should be fun when you disappear from the board when buif starts losing like you always do.
Only in how you presented it. Detroit gave the game away, the d blows a lead twice and he is down by only 2 or 3 points. When Henne did it you dismissed them because he was down less then 7. You don't apply those rules to Sanchez.

SpurzN703
08-18-2012, 12:18 PM
2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:

It looks like if you want a QB that is making plays to win in 2010, Palmer would be your guy over Sanchez.

You didn't know that b/c the Bengals were 4-12 that none of their games counted nor was there any pressure on them to win? The Jets on the other hand, expectations were sky high so ALL of their games were of the utmost importance.

nyjunc
08-20-2012, 09:06 AM
2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Carson Palmer:

That's great, AGAIN you don't watch the games. I don't care what his #s are, he helped us comeback 4-5 times in the reg season. That doesn't show up int he stat sheet. A garabge time TD counts as much as a GW TD in stat sheets. Watch the games please.

And I know how you love to call Schaub a "Fantasy QB" so I looked at the stats:

2010 4th quarter stats:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 94.8
Com%: 62.1
INT: 3
Yards: 1372
YPA: 7.5

When Behind:

Mark Sanchez:

Matt Schaub:
QBRat: 91.7
COM%: 63.5
TD: 17
INT: 10
Yards: 2993
YPA: 7.9

keep posting stats. When the Jets played the Texans, the texans D handed the texans O a TO inside the Jets 10 yd line up 1 w/ less than 2 mins left. A TD there makes it even more difficult to win, he couldn't lead them to that TD. sanchez w/ NO TOs left marches Jets 72 yds in 45 seconds for the win.

Let's look at their other closes losses:
29-23 L to SD, led 20-14 at the half, score 3 pts in 3rd and zero in 4th to lose.
34-28 in OT to Bal- INT for TD to lose the game
24-23 to Den, led 17-0 at half, scores 6 pts in 3rd and zero in 4th.

let's look at close wins to see what he did to help them win:
-brought them back from 27-10 down against a bad Wash team. Great job but it sures helps having the best WR in the game catching 12 passes for 158 yds and a TD(the game tying TD)
-down 10 w/ 7 mins left vs. KC. win 35-31. Good job

This compares to Sanchez leading late game wins at den, Cle, Det, vs. Hou, vs. Indy(playoffs). It's really impressive that hou played blowut games most of the year and Schaub had a great rating in meaningless 4th qtrs.

I'll go to my grave screaming that we should have gone for 2 to take a 9 point lead. I don't care what the "book" says. Our defense played like **** all night and was totally gassed on that last drive. Stupid move by Rex not to take the opportunity to win on offense. We could have put the game away with the much better unit that night ... the offense. instead of ending the game right there, we gave the Dolphins an opportunity to break our hearts, and they almost did.

I disagree, to go up 8 is still big. It forces their O to score a Td and get a 2 pt conversion which is not easy.

Only in how you presented it. Detroit gave the game away, the d blows a lead twice and he is down by only 2 or 3 points. When Henne did it you dismissed them because he was down less then 7. You don't apply those rules to Sanchez.

Of course Detroit gave away the game, why would we ever give Sanchez credit? If you can't see the difference btw those comeback wins I can't help you.

13ktownguy
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Why are we still arguing about Sanchez on this board, we've known he is terrible for quite awhile now!

MarshallFin1
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Give it up, you retard.

gotta disagree with you on that 1. The ground n pound is what took them to the afc championship game 2 years in a row. You can argue that there defense was the reason but at crucial times the run game won them the tough games against the chargers for one. If anything mark sanchez needs the run game to help him out and take some weight off his shoulders. The jets offense is hurting because they have the same issues we have, WR not gettin seperation and serious o-line problems protecting the qb. Sanchez is gettin hurried every damn throw. Without a ground game your passing game will be weak, the ground games makes it to where the defense has to keep atleast 3 lbs out there the first 2 downs. If u dont run it the defense can just play a soft zone with nickel and dime cbs and you will have a hard time finding a lane to throw in if the pass rush doesnt get to u . Just cause the dolphins run game has sucked for 2 decades now u have this vision that the run game is not apart of football, its incorrect. look at the texans, they pound that rock with arian foster and almost made it to the afc championship game had there qb not gotten hurt.

Run game will always be be a huge part of football and is a big part of every offense. Now some teams might favor the passing game and thats fine, but if u dont balance it and pick up yards on the ground a good defense is going to give u a ****load of trouble. Il give u an example, saints vs 49ers last year in the playoffs, saints got behind and stopped running the ball which they usually do alot of. Who won that game? niners did, the saints tried to get back in the game by strickly throwing the ball and threw picks after picks, thats what happens when you just throw the ball. Another example, giants vs packers last year, the champs could not run it on the giants defense and threw the ball heavily the rest of the game with little to no success, no run game to open it up and they lost.

If u get a great balanced team going like cowboys of the 90s, thats when you got a dynasty, packers aint no dynasty, giants aint no dynasty, Saints aint no dynasty. The only team u can argue that were a dynasty with a dynamic passing game are the patriots but can u honestly say the patriots didnt run the ball with correy dillon'? Theres a reason why Legends like jimmy johnson, bill cowher, stick with the run game, its seperates the great teams from good teams.

Kinzua
08-20-2012, 02:32 PM
gotta disagree with you on that 1. The ground n pound is what took them to the afc championship game 2 years in a row. You can argue that there defense was the reason but at crucial times the run game won them the tough games against the chargers for one. If anything mark sanchez needs the run game to help him out and take some weight off his shoulders. The jets offense is hurting because they have the same issues we have, WR not gettin seperation and serious o-line problems protecting the qb. Sanchez is gettin hurried every damn throw. Without a ground game your passing game will be weak, the ground games makes it to where the defense has to keep atleast 3 lbs out there the first 2 downs. If u dont run it the defense can just play a soft zone with nickel and dime cbs and you will have a hard time finding a lane to throw in if the pass rush doesnt get to u . Just cause the dolphins run game has sucked for 2 decades now u have this vision that the run game is not apart of football, its incorrect. look at the texans, they pound that rock with arian foster and almost made it to the afc championship game had there qb not gotten hurt.

Run game will always be be a huge part of football and is a big part of every offense. Now some teams might favor the passing game and thats fine, but if u dont balance it and pick up yards on the ground a good defense is going to give u a ****load of trouble. Il give u an example, saints vs 49ers last year in the playoffs, saints got behind and stopped running the ball which they usually do alot of. Who won that game? niners did, the saints tried to get back in the game by strickly throwing the ball and threw picks after picks, thats what happens when you just throw the ball. Another example, giants vs packers last year, the champs could not run it on the giants defense and threw the ball heavily the rest of the game with little to no success, no run game to open it up and they lost.

If u get a great balanced team going like cowboys of the 90s, thats when you got a dynasty, packers aint no dynasty, giants aint no dynasty, Saints aint no dynasty. The only team u can argue that were a dynasty with a dynamic passing game are the patriots but can u honestly say the patriots didnt run the ball with correy dillon'? Theres a reason why Legends like jimmy johnson, bill cowher, stick with the run game, its seperates the great teams from good teams.

Ryan's version of the "ground and pound" is bull**** because the Jests are NOT built to be a dominant rushing team. They don't have a good enough OL and they don't have good enough RBs. Heck, they don't even have a blocking TE on their roster. You can't become a good rushing team by wishing it were so. You need to have the talent to do it.

Vaark
08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Ryan's version of the "ground and pound" is bull**** because the Jests are NOT built to be a dominant rushing team. They don't have a good enough OL and they don't have good enough RBs. Heck, they don't even have a blocking TE on their roster. You can't become a good rushing team by wishing it were so. You need to have the talent to do it.

I dunno about that. Under the supervision of our former Meatball and his chip off the old Provolone OLC, the jest OL has shown an uncanny ability to open up holes. It will behoove the RBs to try to reach them before the defenders.