PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn

gdiaz0358
08-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I am not going to bash the kid, because I was a strong supporter of us signing him, and was a bit upset when I heard he left Miami w/o a contract, but damn is he stinking it up in Seattle. I know its early but, you would assume that he would at least be solidifying himself as the starter, and I wouldnt be surprised if Wilson ends up starting. Kinda glad we dodged that bullet, and looks like Philbin indeed didnt trust in his talent. :chuckle:

The Goodz
08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
If Philbin didnt pursue him strongly gota agree with him. Some ppl questioned Philbin and Ireland on that move but it looks like it was a good one.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-14-2012, 04:49 PM
i was never a fan of bringing him in to begin with, and i never understood the thought that some people had that he was actually an upgrade to our qb position, but ill be fair and wait and see how he does in regular season games before criticizing further.

Michael Fei
A little too early to tell if you're right. Remember, this was ONE preseason performance by a guy on a brand new team, learning a whole new system, and developing chemistry with a new set of receivers.

Give him some time before you judge him.

SebasMiamiFan
In hindsight, rolling with Garrard, Moore, and Tannehill is the better move. It would have been nice to have Manning, but after that Flynn wasn't worth it.

Fin Thirteen
08-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Matt Flynn blows.

gdiaz0358
08-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah i agree it is still very early and he is on a new team like someone above mentioned, im just a bit shocked he isnt surpassing Wilson who is a rookie and also on a new team with new WRs and new system. Just kinda a slight sigh of relief i guess, we are usually the ones screwed, its nice to see we SEEM to have chosen the better qb in Tannehill..in no way am i hoping flynn fails btw just saying thus far he doesnt seem so impressive.

flynryan15
08-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I think deadspin.com tells you everything you need to know about Flynn

Dude, if you can't beat out Tarvaris Jackson for the starting job... The Seahawks gave Matt Flynn $10 million in guaranteed money based off of one de facto exhibition game against Detroit and now head coach Pete Carroll says that Tarvaris Jackson still has the "advantage" in the QB competition going into training camp. That's not a good sign. The fine people at Walter Football (http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012sea.php) have also kindly pointed out that new Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin (who coached Flynn in Green Bay) had a chance to sign Flynn in the offseason and demurred. Everything about Flynn screams SCOTT MITCHELL, which is fun because I miss making fun of Scott Mitchell. As for T-Jack, I again would like to remind you that he is the kind of QB who excels when there's absolutely nothing at stake. You want T-Jack to come through when it's Week 12 and you're out of playoff contention? No problem. That is HIS MOMENT. The only reason Tarvaris Jackson is still in the NFL is because the Vikings inflated his value by trading up in the second round to draft him, a move orchestrated by notorious ex-GM Fran Foley, who was ****canned from the team after less than a full season because of threatening employees with a "bloodbath" after his first draft. Foley is now part of Randy Edsall's crew at Maryland. Look at this picture (http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/foley_fran00.html) and tell me this man isn't a walking penis. That's T-Jack's benefactor

BigCityCat
08-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Matt Flynn blows.

A well thought out intellectual response.

Canadianfishfan
08-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I flipped flopped on flynn. I wanted him when we couldn't get Manning. Then all I could think of was him turning into Kevin Kolb... which he is. I'm happy to have Tannehill.

DisturbedShifty
08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I thought Flynn played for the Seahawks.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

hooshoops
08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
he didn't stink up anything in the preseason opener...looked fine...good velocity good ball placement and accuracy...didn't take anything down the field though

AdamC13
08-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Sometimes these threads are just ridiculous.

evansd_3
08-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Philbin passing on him say's everything

AdamC13
08-14-2012, 06:00 PM
If Philbin didnt pursue him strongly gota agree with him. Some ppl questioned Philbin and Ireland on that move but it looks like it was a good one.

Not sure why fans have the idea Philbin didn't want Flynn. What Philbin isn't in charge of is negotiating contracts and getting to decide how much to offer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/joe-philbin-ask-matt-flynn-why-hes-in-seattle/

At this point, I would take Flynn and Wilson over Moore and Tannehill. Is what it is...sure hope Tannehill turns out to be the answer.

johngarry
08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Preseason = "presume nothing" as in not a dam thing.

Fintastical1025
08-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I see how this works. If you play for the Dolphins and have a bad game it becomes it is only 1 pre season game and these guys need time. If it happens on another team it turns into I told you the guy was going to bust and he isn't worth the money. Funny how things work.

The Goodz
08-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Philbin may not be in charge of negotiating contracts but if he strongly wanted him im sure he has some say and would push Dawn to get the deal done. If Philbin thought he was the "Man" for the job Flynn would be a fin.

finfan54
08-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure why fans have the idea Philbin didn't want Flynn. What Philbin isn't in charge of is negotiating contracts and getting to decide how much to offer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/joe-philbin-ask-matt-flynn-why-hes-in-seattle/

At this point, I would take Flynn and Wilson over Moore and Tannehill. Is what it is...sure hope Tannehill turns out to be the answer.

If you were at my bar and you said that you would be cut off.

finfan54
08-14-2012, 07:17 PM
I was watching Flynn in practice highlights and watching his release, footwork, size, ect. all I could think of is Philbin saying "you should ask Matt Flynn why he isn't here"

I listened to Flynn's answer on NFL network and it was a real lame answer, he went for what his agent went for. money. We werent going to offer him that kind of money when they have a 6-4 speciman and smart dude who played in the very offense they were going to run.

gregorygrant83
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
11-13 for 71 is having a horrible preseason game?

dolfan2909
08-14-2012, 07:35 PM
flynn was solid, took what the defense gave him, nothing flashy but by no means a poor performance, he should start week 1, wilson's got potential but why rush him? TJack will be inactive again this week so he's deff out of the running, who cares though we got tannehill now

TakeoSpikesNeck
08-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Matt Flynn blows.

There he isssssssssssssss

WVDolphan
08-14-2012, 09:03 PM
A well thought out intellectual response.

It was really all that needed to be said. Its a fine post. Effective and to the point. I posted it many times in the spring, unfortunately too many people thought the topic of Matt Flynn warranted some type of discussion.

Mogwai
08-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Ehh Flynn's not bombing. Wilson is just that good. Tarvaris being considered for the starting job has been Carrollian bs coachspeak who's probably making a statement of gratitude because Jackson fought through injury. Flynn is performing like the overpaid yet competent backup that he is. Seattle paid for a short term security blanket at the QB position, but their future is much brighter with Wilson. Flynn's not a disaster but every Dolphins fan should be happy we have Tannehill instead.

3rdandinches
08-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I always believed in Philbin's move....
sign him = he believes in him
don't sign him = he dosen't believe him

that simple!!!!

We believe in Ryan Tannehill !!!!!

ChambersWI
08-17-2012, 12:14 PM
11-13 for 71 is having a horrible preseason game?

one thing I will say is that his interception was a horrible one. But also just gonna point out, if Wilson was even 2 inches taller (so putting him at about 6'1) he would've been a first round pick, maybe in consideration for a top 10. Dude has heard his whole life he's too short to be a QB, you can't really say anything he hasn't heard.