PDA

View Full Version : Lets predict the Jests TD to FG attempt ratio for the season......

WVDolphan
08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Im going to go with 15 TDs to 52 attempted fist pumps.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Do TDs thrown to the other team count?

JCane
08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
What's the ratio of Tim Tebow sideline prayers to third-world country kiddie circumcisions?

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Fist pump to hotdog ratio? So much to discuss ITT.

NY8123
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Fist pump to hotdog ratio? So much to discuss ITT.

I'd be awesome if when attempting a field goal kick, Sanchez decided to down a dog and after a successful 3 point kick, unaware of his surroundings Sparano fist pumped the dog down Sanchez's throat. Leaving Tebow to try the hinylick maneuver to dislodge the dog only to find out it is really the "heimlich" maneuver. In the interim Rexy is shoving a toe covered in jam down Dirty's throat to assist in the dislodging of the dog.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I'd be awesome if when attempting a field goal kick, Sanchez decided to down a dog and after a successful 3 point kick, unaware of his surroundings Sparano fist pumped the dog down Sanchez's throat. Leaving Tebow to try the hinylick maneuver to dislodge the dog only to find out it is really the "heimlich" maneuver. In the interim Rexy is shoving a toe covered in jam down Dirty's throat to assist in the dislodging of the dog.

Overly complex. I just wish all three would die.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 01:22 PM
If we only had legadu Nanee

Kinzua
08-16-2012, 01:26 PM

You don't Naanee; you've got Schilens.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
You don't Naanee; you've got Schilens.

who would be starting for Buffalo or Miami.

JCane
08-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Wonder if Tim Tebow will cry this season.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 01:41 PM

We'll actually trade him to you for your two useless, overrated QBs.

Just kidding. We wouldnt.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 01:48 PM
We'll actually trade him to you for your two useless, overrated QBs.

Just kidding. We wouldnt.

I love the confidence of phin fans before every season. They never learn.

J. David Wannyheimer
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Pardon us. Despite the fact that we can't hang our hat on two AFC Championship game appearances, we still believe in our team.

JCane
08-16-2012, 01:52 PM

Yeap. Just as dumb as the Jets fans.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeap. Just as dumb as the Jets fans.

except our team actually wins from time to time. Our hope is based somewhat in reality.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM

My post had zero to do with confidence in our WRs or the Fins. Its was entirely to do with the ****ty QBs your team has. Just wanted to clear that up for you.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
My post had zero to do with confidence in our WRs or the Fins. Its was entirely to do with the ****ty QBs your team has. Just wanted to clear that up for you.

The suck so bad each has more playoff wins as starters than the Miami Dolphins as a team since 2001.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
The suck so bad each has more playoff wins as starters than the Miami Dolphins as a team since 2001.

Oh wow thats saying a lot. Again, we arent talking about the Dolphins here. We are talking about the Jets. And Im talking about their ****ty QBs.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh wow thats saying a lot. Again, we arent talking about the Dolphins here. We are talking about the Jets. And Im talking about their ****ty QBs.

That's great, our QBs win which is all that matters.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 03:13 PM

Derek Fisher...he just wins.

nyjunc
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Derek Fisher...he just wins.

Derek Fisher isn't the QB of an NFL team

WVDolphan
08-16-2012, 04:41 PM
WTF. The point of this thread was supposed to be to try and guess the ratio of Jests TDs to FG attempts this season. Can we give a free VIP to the closest contestant?

truthbtold
08-16-2012, 04:55 PM
You mean those ****ty QB's who beat your awful team 2 out of 3 last year? Those guys?

truthbtold
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Do TDs thrown to the other team count?
Do postseason TD's and FG's count?
We're usually scoring points in the playoffs while the Dolphins are eating nachos and drinking beer.

tylerdolphin
08-16-2012, 09:28 PM
You mean those ****ty QB's who beat your awful team 2 out of 3 last year? Those guys?

Wow. You Jets fans really have no reading comprehension. Im am not saying the Fins havent been awful. A lot of really terrible QBs have cut our ass lately.

MadDog 88
08-17-2012, 04:49 AM
1 TD to every 2.5 fist pumps.

JCane
08-17-2012, 05:08 AM
except our team actually wins from time to time. Our hope is based somewhat in reality.

And when might that be?

Cue AFC title losses.

Not interested.

JCane
08-17-2012, 05:11 AM

How awful are you going to feel when Sanchez has had enough of the **** that goes on under that big top, leaves and blows up somewhere else because Rex Ryan didn't know how to develop him. He was too busy trying to improve him with negative reinforcement. Meanwhile, Rex gets fired and you're left with the false prophet.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 08:37 AM
And when might that be?

Cue AFC title losses.

Not interested.

we have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and won playoff games each time. I know that sucks but it sure beats making it once since 2002 and zero playoff wins, right?

How awful are you going to feel when Sanchez has had enough of the **** that goes on under that big top, leaves and blows up somewhere else because Rex Ryan didn't know how to develop him. He was too busy trying to improve him with negative reinforcement. Meanwhile, Rex gets fired and you're left with the false prophet.

That would upset me but it's not happening.

Negative reinforcement? how so?

Dolphin fans can dream, I guess that's all you have to look forward to since you will likely have a new HC w/in a year or 2 after ireland gets fired and the new GM wants his own coach.

Jdiddy8four
08-17-2012, 11:40 AM
we have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and won playoff games each time. I know that sucks but it sure beats making it once since 2002 and zero playoff wins, right?

I've never seen someone so content with losing in the playoffs. I could let it pass if it was mentioned once by you and that was all. However, for this to be your constant fall-back argument is just sad. I've never really seen this kind of spin from other fans before.

I'm a San Jose Sharks fan and I don't go into the Dallas Stars' (my least favorite team) forum and brag about making the conference Championships in 2 of the past 3 years.

You remind me of the Uncle from Napoleon Dynamite. But instead of bragging about what you could of become, you are reminiscing as to what could of been if those 2 years. If only you guys had Eli as your QB those 2 years.

nyjunc
08-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I've never seen someone so content with losing in the playoffs. I could let it pass if it was mentioned once by you and that was all. However, for this to be your constant fall-back argument is just sad. I've never really seen this kind of spin from other fans before.

I'm a San Jose Sharks fan and I don't go into the Dallas Stars' (my least favorite team) forum and brag about making the conference Championships in 2 of the past 3 years.

You remind me of the Uncle from Napoleon Dynamite. But instead of bragging about what you could of become, you are reminiscing as to what could of been if those 2 years. If only you guys had Eli as your QB those 2 years.

It's not about being content, I'm not content but it's much more fun making the playoffs and having a chance than never making it. You guys are just trying to rationalize why the jets have been so much better than the dolphins.

no one cares about hockey

tylerdolphin
08-17-2012, 12:37 PM
It's not about being content, I'm not content but it's much more fun making the playoffs and having a chance than never making it. You guys are just trying to rationalize why the jets have been so much better than the dolphins.

No...we all realize the Dolphins suck. Youre the one doing the rationalizing here.

truthbtold
08-17-2012, 02:34 PM
No...we all realize the Dolphins suck. Youre the one doing the rationalizing here.

Jet fans aren't rationalizing ... you're trying to ignore the facts.
Here's what you don't seem to get (or just don't want to get) ...
Saying the Jets suck, doesn't make the facts disappear.
The Jets have made two AFCCG's under Rex Ryan. Hate to break it to you, but making the final four in any sport isn't sucking.
You think that's sucking?? Do you know how ridiculous you Dolphin fans sound? have we been great? ... no. But we're a LONG way from sucking.

You want us to suck because that's all you have to root for once November rolls around ... but the fact is we haven't.
Even in our worst year under Rex, when everything went wrong, we were still a mediocre 8-8 ...and still better than the Dolphins.
Learn to live with it, because it doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.
Talk to me about sucking when we lose more games than we win ... or if you guys ever manage to win more games than you lose ... or have a season that lasts past Halloween.

13ktownguy
08-19-2012, 06:00 AM

You wish!!

13ktownguy
08-19-2012, 06:03 AM
The Jets have made two AFCCG's under Rex Ryan. Hate to break it to you, but making the final four in any sport isn't sucking.
You think that's sucking?? Do you know how ridiculous you Dolphin fans sound? have we been great? ... no. But we're a LONG way from sucking.
This post sucks!! Alittle long too.
You want us to suck because that's all you have to root for once November rolls around ... but the fact is we haven't.
Even in our worst year under Rex, when everything went wrong, we were still a mediocre 8-8 ...and still better than the Dolphins.
Talk to me about sucking when we lose more games than we win ... or if you guys ever manage to win more games than you lose ... or have a season that lasts past Halloween.

Your post sucks, it's much too long also!!

13ktownguy
08-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Do postseason TD's and FG's count?
We're usually scoring points in the playoffs while the Dolphins are eating nachos and drinking beer.

Please describe what you mean by usually...this oughta be good lmfao!!!

13ktownguy
08-19-2012, 06:24 AM

Look here young fella your team historically is among the worst in the NFL,who are you ahead of Cleveland I suppose maybe Detroit but they'd kick your ass right now. So when you are corresponding to a Dolphin fan or a fan of any pretty much any team you should try to remember your place in the scheme of things. So you won a few playoff games recently alot of teams do that every year. Yes thats right every year other teams also win playoff games but just like the jets most of them dont win enough.

Vaark
08-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Love the misguided delusions of jest fans considering that if you count success the old fashioned way as "earning it," their team has only 1 legitimate, charity-free winning season over the last 3 including no divisional championships.

AphexPhin
08-19-2012, 01:49 PM
hilarious thread. Will read again:lol:

truthbtold
08-20-2012, 05:36 AM
Please describe what you mean by usually...this oughta be good lmfao!!!

Wow. This is too easy.
Playoffs in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010.That's 6 out of the past 11 seasons under our last three coaches. Also, in the last 15 seasons we've had 10 winning seasons vs. 3 losing seasons - does that sound like sucking to you?

Why don't you list all the teams that have made the playoffs more often in the past 11 years.
Do you understand what "usually" means now?
I'll use it in a sentence .... "Dolphin fans usually don't know what the **** they're talking about."

nyjunc
08-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Love the misguided delusions of jest fans considering that if you count success the old fashioned way as "earning it," their team has only 1 legitimate, charity-free winning season over the last 3 including no divisional championships.

I guess 1 legit season is better than Zero since 2002, right?

13ktownguy
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Wow. This is too easy.
Playoffs in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010.That's 6 out of the past 11 seasons under our last three coaches. Also, in the last 15 seasons we've had 10 winning seasons vs. 3 losing seasons - does that sound like sucking to you?

Why don't you list all the teams that have made the playoffs more often in the past 11 years.
I'll use it in a sentence .... "Dolphin fans usually don't know what the **** they're talking about."
And still nothing to show for it, come back when you actually accomplish something!

Jdiddy8four
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM

I realize that my team isn't any good. I can give you a list as to why my team has sucked for nearly as long as I've been alive. The point that I was getting at is that once the season is over, nobody cares who almost made the super bowl. For you to use that for your argument every time someone bad-mouths Sanchez is rather silly.

Lots of people care about hockey. My point had nothing to do with hockey, it had everything to do with showing you how stupid your "At least we made it to the AFC title games twice in a row" statement sound in a relative sense. Obviously, you saw my point by your lack intelligent response.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I realize that my team isn't any good. I can give you a list as to why my team has sucked for nearly as long as I've been alive. The point that I was getting at is that once the season is over, nobody cares who almost made the super bowl. For you to use that for your argument every time someone bad-mouths Sanchez is rather silly.

Lots of people care about hockey. My point had nothing to do with hockey, it had everything to do with showing you how stupid your "At least we made it to the AFC title games twice in a row" statement sound in a relative sense. Obviously, you saw my point by your lack intelligent response.

I don't care if jealous div rival fans try to downplay what we have done.

So many people care about hockey that cartoon reruns outdraw the Stanley cup Finals.

I can't tell you who won the SC 2 years ago but I can tell you the '84 Dolphins beat Pitt in the AFC Championship Game.

LANGER72
08-21-2012, 09:01 AM
The Jest kicker will lead the league in field goal attempts.

Tebow will have more TD's rushing, than Sancheez TD's passing

The Jets have big problems. I expect them to compete with the Fins for the cellar.

By the mid point of the season, the Jests will be in full blown Suck for Barkley mode.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 09:07 AM
The Jest kicker will lead the league in field goal attempts.

Tebow will have more TD's rushing, than Sancheez TD's passing

The Jets have big problems. I expect them to compete with the Fins for the cellar.

By the mid point of the season, the Jests will be in full blown Suck for Barkley mode.

it's ok to dream.

1972fins
08-21-2012, 10:52 AM

That would upset me but it's not happening.

Negative reinforcement? how so?

Dolphin fans can dream, I guess that's all you have to look forward to since you will likely have a new HC w/in a year or 2 after ireland gets fired and the new GM wants his own coach.

Sporano is there to replace Rex at the end of the season

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Sporano is there to replace Rex at the end of the season

:lol2::lol2:

13ktownguy
08-21-2012, 01:17 PM

So many people care about hockey that cartoon reruns outdraw the Stanley cup Finals.

I can't tell you who won the SC 2 years ago but I can tell you the '84 Dolphins beat Pitt in the AFC Championship Game.
LOL Too much! I may be jealous of a couple of teams but I assure you the jets aren't among them.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
LOL Too much! I may be jealous of a couple of teams but I assure you the jets aren't among them.

You should be jealous of the Bengals, at least they make the playoffs.

SpurzN703
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Wow. This is too easy.

Yet no Super Bowl appearance or win since 1969. Well done.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Yet no Super Bowl appearance or win since 1969. Well done.

Is that the only way to define success? are Billionaires the only successful people? presidents of companies? You have a high standard that I feel bad for you as there's no way you can live up to those expectations. I enjoyed all our playoff runs, every playoff game is a week of excitement and the further we go the more exciting it gets. It sucks we haven't got to or won a SB but it will make it that much more special when it does happen someday and if it never does I will have enjoyed countless dayzs watching the team w/ my family and friends through years creating some special memories.

Kinzua
08-21-2012, 02:23 PM

You should be jealous of the Bengals, at least they make the playoffs.

I'm jealous of the Steelers ... 6 Lombardis ... about 2 or 3 non-playoff seasons since 2000, and the one season they had a losing record, they draft a real franchise QB ...

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm jealous of the Steelers ... 6 Lombardis ... about 2 or 3 non-playoff seasons since 2000, and the one season they had a losing record, they draft a real franchise QB ...

Bills fans should be jealous of the Browns, at least they have a playoff app this Century.

13ktownguy
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Bills fans should be jealous of the Browns, at least they have a playoff app this Century.

Dont ya think this is getting a little childish?

tylerdolphin
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Dont ya think this is getting a little childish?

Excuse junc. Hes still mad after realizing that the Jets actually blow. We arent as furious over here because we havent been living in a dream land for years.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Excuse junc. Hes still mad after realizing that the Jets actually blow. We arent as furious over here because we havent been living in a dream land for years.

But every year you guys tell me how you are better than the Jets at nearly every position and how you will be better(sounds like Bills fans this year).

DisturbedShifty
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
But every year you guys tell me how you are better than the Jets at nearly every position and how you will be better(sounds like Bills fans this year).

And until the season begins and proves one way or another, it could very well be true.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
And until the season begins and proves one way or another, it could very well be true.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

it could have been last year, the year before and the year before that too. We could be better than NE but much like Miami being better than us it's unlikely.

13ktownguy
08-21-2012, 05:19 PM
it could have been last year, the year before and the year before that too. We could be better than NE but much like Miami being better than us it's unlikely.

Yes you've had a stretch where you've been better than the Fins. We have the worst stretch in the history of our team and then you jump in and declare superiority, well congrats but your team still sucks!

nyjunc
08-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Yes you've had a stretch where you've been better than the Fins. We have the worst stretch in the history of our team and then you jump in and declare superiority, well congrats but your team still sucks!

I don't jump in and declare anything, I discuss the facts and I only bring it up when you guys act like the Jets suck. Since the 70s Miami has been getting worse every decade and the '10s are off to a good start to keep that trend going so congrats on the 70s, I hope you enjoyed that time.

13ktownguy
08-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't jump in and declare anything, I discuss the facts and I only bring it up when you guys act like the Jets suck. Since the 70s Miami has been getting worse every decade and the '10s are off to a good start to keep that trend going so congrats on the 70s, I hope you enjoyed that time.

Its our board we can dicuss what we like! I dont know what you're doing here.

13ktownguy
08-21-2012, 06:42 PM

Ya know when someone comes at you with a strong point you shouldn't resort to childish remarks. The period of time you are referring to the Fins had two losing seasons...two. Theres not many teams if any can equal that. Thats the reason you hate us, if we were that bad you wouldn't care.

Jdiddy8four
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM

It isn't a matter of downplaying what the Jets have done. It's more about not living in the past. When we talk to you about the current status of your team, you automatically revert to the past. That is called "living in the past." Which is what you have reverted to.

There is no doubt that you know your football stats. It is just funny how you can spin any stat in your favor, only to contradict yourself in another topic. But, by all means, keep it up. I find your banter more entertaining than most of the others.

nyjunc
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Ya know when someone comes at you with a strong point you shouldn't resort to childish remarks. The period of time you are referring to the Fins had two losing seasons...two. Theres not many teams if any can equal that. Thats the reason you hate us, if we were that bad you wouldn't care.

I'm sorry you can't deal w/ facts, this game isn't about "losing seasons" or "winning season"(that used to be the big thing dolphins crowed about). Since the turn of the Century Miami has ONE playoff win and since '02 have reached 1 playoff app. That's not good.

It isn't a matter of downplaying what the Jets have done. It's more about not living in the past. When we talk to you about the current status of your team, you automatically revert to the past. That is called "living in the past." Which is what you have reverted to.

There is no doubt that you know your football stats. It is just funny how you can spin any stat in your favor, only to contradict yourself in another topic. But, by all means, keep it up. I find your banter more entertaining than most of the others.

So we can't talk about any recent, relevant history? 1972 is as relevant as 2010? I guess the Giants SB is history, we can't discuss it anymore.

I don't contradict anything, I deal in facts.

13ktownguy
08-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry you can't deal w/ facts, this game isn't about "losing seasons" or "winning season"(that used to be the big thing dolphins crowed about). Since the turn of the Century Miami has ONE playoff win and since '02 have reached 1 playoff app. That's not good.

So we can't talk about any recent, relevant history? 1972 is as relevant as 2010? I guess the Giants SB is history, we can't discuss it anymore.

I dont know what planet you're from but here on Earth your facts dont add up!

nyjunc
08-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I dont know what planet you're from but here on Earth your facts dont add up!

where are my facts wrong? you have more than 1 playoff win since 2000? you have more than 1 playoff app since 2002? is there an alterante universe you took your delorean back to?

tylerdolphin
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Junc, we all know that the Dolphins have blown chunks for a decade. This thread is about the Jests sucking, not us.

Thanks.

nyjunc
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Junc, we all know that the Dolphins have blown chunks for a decade. This thread is about the Jests sucking, not us.

Thanks.

dare to dream, it must suck having no hope in your own team that all you have to look forward to is a div rival hopefully joining the dolphins.

Dovahkiin
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM

Thanks.

Well we've all known that for quite sometime as well but this guy still jabbers about it like it's his job to tell us that they're worth more than the measly salary I pay my landscapers.

tylerdolphin
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
dare to dream, it must suck having no hope in your own team that all you have to look forward to is a div rival hopefully joining the dolphins.

I do have hope. I am hopeful for our QB of the future in Ryan Tannehill. You guys still have Sanchez and Tebow. Good luck with that.

Vaark
08-22-2012, 04:58 PM

While you dare to hope you come across another couple of dead teams walking or those who rightfully don't take you serious enough to consider the game as meaningful. Who knows, while even a worse homer than you, Greenberg can't avoid predicting 6-10, maybe you'll surprise everyone by going 7-9 and probably tying us. So keep your chin up Sparky, anything is possible. :idk:

13ktownguy
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM
where are my facts wrong? you have more than 1 playoff win since 2000? you have more than 1 playoff app since 2002? is there an alterante universe you took your delorean back to?

Thats not what we were discussing! Dont change horses in the middle of a stream.

Jdiddy8four
08-22-2012, 10:33 PM

It's not the facts that you mention that I have issue with. It's how you spin those facts that leave me laughing my ass off.

nyjunc
08-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Thats not what we were discussing! Dont change horses in the middle of a stream.

post the quotes w/ incorrect facts

JETSJETSJETS
09-10-2012, 03:28 AM
6:2 to start off with. And those 6 TDs now tie total TDs for Dolphins in the entire 2011 season I think...I could be wrong though.

JETSJETSJETS
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Im going to go with 15 TDs to 52 attempted fist pumps.

Im guessing you missed the fist pump couple days ago. Oh the irony....

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/ironic-1.jpg

nyjunc
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
anyone have a gif of Tony's reaction after they scored the TD to give us the lead late in the 4th?

BleedinGreenNC
09-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Not sure if serious.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

anyone have a gif of Tony's reaction after they scored the TD to give us the lead late in the 4th?

Someone has to have one.