PDA

View Full Version : I recommend

FFiB
02-15-2004, 08:29 PM
a book I am reading right now:

The Price of loyalty"...mmmmmmmmmh...I like...and I am barely halfway through.

Section126
02-17-2004, 09:46 AM
You mean that book by the worst Treasury Sec. in the history of our country and that goofball Suskin who hates Bush with a passion ?

I'll pass.................

FFiB
02-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Section126
You mean that book by the worst Treasury Sec. in the history of our country and that goofball Suskin who hates Bush with a passion ?

I'll pass.................

why because he disagreed with Bush and the administration? Why because he revealed that Iraq was already a subject in the first month of this administration and NOT after 9/11 as they claim? Why because it shows Bush and gang that they do not care about social security, overstating surpluses, being reckless with the budget and satisfying special interests rather than the american people?
Why because it shows that Bush IS NOT a leader rather a figurehead (funny word isn't it)?

The mistake ONeil made was that he was trying to do his job....

Can't refute the facts eh?

:lol:

PhinPhan1227
02-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by FFiB

Why because he revealed that Iraq was already a subject in the first month of this administration and NOT after 9/11 as they claim?

:lol:

Um...the fact that Clinton had plans for removing Saddam before Bush even took office has no impact on your vitriole does it?

FFiB
02-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Um...the fact that Clinton had plans for removing Saddam before Bush even took office has no impact on your vitriole does it?

Clinton's plan was not to go in there and play Marshal Dillon. Clinton's plan was to use the UN to get there. The UN agreed....but none of them was wiulling to just go in there and play "superman". There is a reason for that. Once the US has to choose one or the other (shiites vs sunny) we may just be a cause for a civil war in Iraq. Is that what you wanted.

The reason why nobody wanted to just go in there is because it would rather destabilize the middle east than make it more stable.

I am all for it to remove Saddam..i stated that before the war.
I was all for war..as a last resort...i stated that as well.

The war has become 1st action rather than last resort for this administration. It has created a foreign policy of fear rather than cooperation. We gave terrorist around the world the reason for their very existence. Instead of using the one sided military power as a negotiating tool we have used it as a weapon to press our thoughts and wishes onto other nations.

During the cold war the balance of power prevented WWIII. A police of fear for destruction for both sides kept the finger of the trigger of both super powers. The free world always said "if the Soviet Union would have the power they would just invade countries". Now the balance of power is gone...and not the big (former) SU did that, we did.
We have not struck any fear into any terrorist around the globe. They are willing to die anyways - as 9/11 has shown us. But what we have done is, we have shown the world that terrorists and fanatics were right about us being Bullies and trying to press our way of life onto others.

We gave them all the reasons in the world for their existence. And placing fear through threats and military power will be a breeding ground for terrorism.

The sorrow the world had for us in the aftermath of 9/11 has not only worn off it actually has turned into a majoral dislikening of the USA.

The end result: countries who may have never thought of harboring terrorist will do so now.

The run into afghanistan was alright eventhough I don't disagree with the overthrow of governments. But the taliban definitly made their bed and had to lay in it. The Iraq war was out of selfishness and for special interests. The world has seen that.

Now if you like to be the bully and you like to create an athmosphere of fear around the world just say so.....but do not hide behind those "faked" reasons as to say "unaccounted for WMDs".

PhinPhan1227
02-17-2004, 12:40 PM
I love the "last resort" comment. 12 years go by, and we're still waiting to see what the "last resort" will be? Were we suppossed to make the Iraqi people suffer through 12 MORE years of sanctions? Yes, they've suffered because of the war. But at least now they've got resolution. I'd just ONCE like to hear a decent ALTERNATIVE to what Bush did with Iraq. Wait for the UN? France and Russia stated publicly that they would veto any action WHENEVER it was proposed. They were NEVER going to do anything because they were doing BUSINESS with Saddam. As for "unaccounted for WMDs", they WERE unnacounted for. Clinton said so...the UN said so...even Saddam in so many words said so by not cooperating with insectors. Again, just once I'd like to hear a viable alternative that isn't just the usual "wait some more and see, bullcrap".