PDA

View Full Version : 40k attendance is too much... we need an empty stadium

thephinger
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
You idiots who keep saying its early we can have a good year blah blah blah... same crap every year and you guys like taking it up the canal every season. What has changed in the past few seasons, not the GM.... so in protest people need to stop supporting this regime at home games to let them know it can get worse on this side also. They expect people to go see a practice squad team at full price... fk that. We have no WR, no TE, no lb, no cb etc..... Those people who think that Ireland will get Wallace are dreaming, this guy is an idiot and has ruined the franchise. I am a diehard but i do understand these guys need to take a deeper hit in the pockets!!! It does not make me less of a fan for feeling this way but the only way to get attention is to hurt them in the pocket books, (as opposed to showing up for some rally etc...)..... let Ross go broke and sell this

Ireland = Garbage!!!!!!!

SuperMarksBros.
08-27-2012, 11:35 AM
You idiots who keep saying its early we can have a good year blah blah blah... same crap every year and you guys like taking it up the canal every season. What has changed in the past few seasons, not the GM.... so in protest people need to stop supporting this regime at home games to let them know it can get worse on this side also. They expect people to go see a practice squad team at full price... fk that. We have no WR, no TE, no lb, no cb etc..... Those people who think that Ireland will get Wallace are dreaming, this guy is an idiot and has ruined the franchise. I am a diehard but i do understand these guys need to take a deeper hit in the pockets!!! It does not make me less of a fan for feeling this way but the only way to get attention is to hurt them in the pocket books, not show up for some rally etc...

Ireland = Garbage!!!!!!!
LOL at the bolded part

Canadianfishfan
08-27-2012, 11:38 AM
The don't go. No one is forcing you.

Some people are fans regardless. Ir's their right. Some folks purely love football.. That's their right.

But if you're not happy.. you can always root for another team.

MarshallFin1
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM
cancel ur tickets while ucan. save ur money on this garbage team.

SpurzN703
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I can see the reason for doing this but what also comes to mind is the fact that there's no guarantee any of us will be alive this time next year. It's easy to assume you'll be 100 yrs old before you die right? I think differently though.

Now if I lived close to Miami I'd be a season ticket holder. Am I satisfied the team is mediocre every year? No. But I love football and I happened to have chosen the Dolphins as my team. I don't think having the stadium empty would prove a point anyway. The Cubs never win and they sell out don't they? GMs and coaches all across professional sports have their jobs on the line with each year that the suck. I don't think the attendance is the bigger issue we need to look at. In fact, there really isn't much we as fans can do to make a difference.

Now having a 8 person protest outside the Dolphins HQ.....that's something that should turn the tides.

:3w:

psfign
08-27-2012, 11:59 AM
i wish only real fans posted here.

SebasMiamiFan
08-27-2012, 11:59 AM
The "you're not a fan" for not going is ridiculous. I can't stand when people say root for another team. We talk on here about the Dolphins every day; nobody forces us to do that. We're all passionate about the Dolphins as fans.

Football games are expensive, and there's no reason to spend money on a team that can't score a TD. I can't afford to go, and I'm not going to go the extra mile to go.

I'll watch it on TV on my couch like every year.

Kdawg954
08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
People are entitled to do whatever they want, and if they want to spend their money on their favorite NFL team (no matter the record) then that is their right. I have always disagreed with the notion of others telling people what to do with their money and my disdain for the recent moves and WR group don't change that. I find my way to a game or 2 every season, but the reason why I don't own season tickets is because I enjoy watching the games with friends, family or even in the chat room here on Finheaven and that probably wont change if they were consistent playoff contenders. Now if I could get more of my entourage to buy season tickets I would own them as well, but money plays a big part in everybodies life and I can't judge those who have to use their funds elsewhere . . . season tickets and parking and tailgating ain't cheap.

Nublar7
08-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Los Angeles

SebasMiamiFan
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Los Angeles

We're never going to move to LA. Miami will always have a football team; it's a football town.

CalDolFan1014
08-27-2012, 12:15 PM
You idiots who keep saying its early we can have a good year blah blah blah... same crap every year and you guys like taking it up the canal every season. What has changed in the past few seasons, not the GM.... so in protest people need to stop supporting this regime at home games to let them know it can get worse on this side also. They expect people to go see a practice squad team at full price... fk that. We have no WR, no TE, no lb, no cb etc..... Those people who think that Ireland will get Wallace are dreaming, this guy is an idiot and has ruined the franchise. I am a diehard but i do understand these guys need to take a deeper hit in the pockets!!! It does not make me less of a fan for feeling this way but the only way to get attention is to hurt them in the pocket books, (as opposed to showing up for some rally etc...)..... let Ross go broke and sell this

Ireland = Garbage!!!!!!!

You really expect anyone to take you seriously when you call out a big chunk of the fanbase? :lol: Listen I understand you're frustrated, but calling people idiots because still want to support this team financially is nonsense. Everyone including myself knows this team probably isn't contending for much of anything this year, but if I or others choose to attend games (whether in state or out) is our decision.

Thru the recent run of below average Dolphins football, there are a ton of fans out there that love this team. I'm one of them...I stood them thru a 1-15 season, so this 3 season slide we're in isn't going to stop me from supporting my team however I can. Look at the Lions, the 2008 and 2009 teams we're still averaging 50,000+ attendance numbers even in the midst of going 0-16 and 2-12 during those miserable seasons. That's determination...and now they're starting to turn things around after DECADES of futility.

SQuinn17
08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
We're never going to move to LA. Miami will always have a football team; it's a football town.
Was a football town. It's now a basketball town as long as LeBron is in a Heat uniform.

cbud13
08-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah have an empty stadium and see how long Miami has a football team. They only thing not showing up would do is get them to move the franchise.

JamesBW43
08-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I love all this "Ireland is the worst thing to happen to Miami", "Ireland ruined the franchise" talk as if the Dolphins weren't the worst team in the league before he took over.

Xbrett82us
08-27-2012, 12:23 PM
i'm not going to deny the fact that you are a real fan, you're just not a very bright one.

no matter who's running the organization, boycotting games isn't the answer. you support the players regardless of what decisions (or lack thereof) management has made. get a grip man.

FinsNCanes
08-27-2012, 12:24 PM
I won't be going and I'm fairly close. I haven't gone in about 7 years now actually. One, they suck, just not even competetive and the other reason it being too expensive. I actually find myself having a hard time watching the games and football in general anymore. It's just so slow, commercial riddled, flags ruin the games, cant even touch the QB or WR. It's just not really fun to watch anymore so I usually will just watch the Miami game anymore.

SebasMiamiFan
08-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Was a football town. It's now a basketball town as long as LeBron is in a Heat uniform.

For the younger generation, yes.

However, as soon as the Dolphins start winning people will flock to see them. There's a ton of good high school football teams here, and all the best raw football talent is in South Florida. A lot of people love football in Miami.

The Dolphins just find ways to piss the fan base off every year, and then they lose basically every year.

Kdawg954
08-27-2012, 12:27 PM

It's a basketball town because the football teams haven't done so well the last 10 years. I listen to talk radio everyday and trust me the radio is full of Dolfans and Canes fans who voice their opinions on every move the team makes in hopes of just making the damn playoffs. Football is talked about year round, the basketball fans down here are just Dolfans who need something to grip on while their football team continues to stay stuck in the mud. The minute the Dolphins start winning you'll fully see what a football town Miami/South Florida is about, whether Lebron is bringing in more rings or not. Trust me, I go to high school games all the time as that is where the passion for football can still be found down here.

dolphindan
08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
By mid october the stadium will be empty with this squad

nick1
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I would go if I was in miami, tannehill alone has me excited bout thus season

MarshallFin1
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I love all this "Ireland is the worst thing to happen to Miami", "Ireland ruined the franchise" talk as if the Dolphins weren't the worst team in the league before he took over.

newsflash buddy, we are still the worst team in the league.

Vertical Limit
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
In before some idiot says Los Angeles, if they haven't already.

SebasMiamiFan
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
In before some idiot says Los Angeles, if they haven't already.

Too late

sinPHIN
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
well sir please find a new team and dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. heard the jets need more fans

NY8123
08-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Aaahhhh we are now in the Depths. I like this!