PDA

View Full Version : And people wonder why people assume the GoP is racist...

Locke
08-28-2012, 07:28 PM
http://proudtobeafilthyliberalscum.com/2012/08/28/so-about-that-rope-picture/

This was E-mailed to me today, and I nearly fell out of my damn chair. Republicans should be more pissed about it than liberals because it's them that these ****ing racists make look bad. Absolutely the most disgusting thing I've seen from a "conservative" in recent memory. Real conservatives need to stand up and take their damn party back, because right now it's being run by retards, racists, and idiots...

phins_4_ever
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM

This was E-mailed to me today, and I nearly fell out of my damn chair. Republicans should be more pissed about it than liberals because it's them that these ****ing racists make look bad. Absolutely the most disgusting thing I've seen from a "conservative" in recent memory. Real conservatives need to stand up and take their damn party back, because right now it's being run by retards, racists, and idiots...

They won't take it back. The REPs have no leadership. They are all stringing along and hope that Obama will hang one day. Unfortunately.

Spesh
08-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I'll play the devil's advocate for a minute:

It might(maybe, possibly, god i would hope) be a reference to the old saying "give him enough rope and he'll hang himself", in this case with his policy setting. Of course, that doesnt excuse the conspiracy theorists blaming liberals for making conversatives laugh part, but thats nothing new.

That said, i never want to hear bitching over Joe Biden's "Chains" comments again.

Locke
08-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I'll play the devil's advocate for a minute:

It might(maybe, possibly, god i would hope) be a reference to the old saying "give him enough rope and he'll hang himself", in this case with his policy setting. Of course, that doesnt excuse the conspiracy theorists blaming liberals for making conversatives laugh part, but thats nothing new.

That said, i never want to hear bitching over Joe Biden's "Chains" comments again.

Anyone smart enough to know that saying would know better than to have a picture of a black man with a noose around his neck. I'd say with 99% confidence that whoever photoshopped that knew exactly what they were doing...

Spesh
08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Anyone smart enough to know that saying would know better than to have a picture of a black man with a noose around his neck. I'd say with 99% confidence that whoever photoshopped that knew exactly what they were doing...

If it originated with the guy who made that facebook post, "hehe string him up to a tree" or whatever, then id be damn confident about it being racist. Gun to my head i know how id answer the question of "what do i think inspired it", but i can still hope.

While your digusted about the picture, the contorted logic behind the vehement conservative outrage amuses the hell out of me in a most cynical way. Its so typical. "How dare you create a picture that i find funny so you can label me racist!!!!" Its cases like this that makes me wonder if people have any sort of self-awareness at all. I get that the right attracts those prone to conspiracy theories, but the self-deception is staggering.

LouPhinFan
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing the Secret Service is all over that one. They'll find who posted that picture and make them sweat it for a little bit.

Locke
08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm guessing the Secret Service is all over that one. They'll find who posted that picture and make them sweat it for a little bit.

Yup, no doubt about that...

Eshlemon
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM

Real liberals need to stand up and take their damn party back, because right now it's being run by retards, racists, and idiots...

http://www.examiner.com/article/mia-love-wikipedia-page-vandalized-with-misogynistic-racial-slurs-media-silent

Mia Love Wikipedia page vandalized with misogynistic, racial slurs; media silent

Twitchy noted that the edits included disgusting slurs like “House N***er” and “dirty, worthless wh**e.”

Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit noted that the slurs have been removed from the page.

Twitchy added that "the Franklin Center’s Tabitha Hale captured a screen shot," which can be seen here.

Twitchy noted in another post that some on the left called Love a "token" after her rousing speech.

Those who watched the convention on MSNBC, however, would not have seen her speech, as the liberal network elected not to show it.

A Google search revealed that as of this writing, no one in the so-called "mainstream media" - including MSNBC - has reported on the racist, misogynistic attack against Love

Racism? MSNBC cuts convention speeches by Republican minorities
http://www.examiner.com/article/racism-msnbc-cuts-convention-speeches-by-republican-minorities

What an uproar there would be if a media ignore and cut minority speakers in Charlotte.

The internet is great, but as with that and the Obama rope is a source for some reprehinsable statements and imagery.

Also the yahoo news bureau chief got fired...caught when he thought mike was off with him and other jounalists joking about Romney partying in Tampa while blacks drown in New Orleans. A couple was kicked out of the convention for alegedly throwing nuts at a black CNN reporter and saying this is how we feed the animals.

And there's this delightful "art" from a Spanish magazine...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/oMICHELLESPAIN570-1.jpg?12

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/michelle-obama-pictured-a_n_1836570.html

Locke
08-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Real Liberals need to stand up and take their damn party back, because right now it's being run by retards, racists, and idiots...

http://www.examiner.com/article/mia-love-wikipedia-page-vandalized-with-misogynistic-racial-slurs-media-silent

http://www.examiner.com/article/racism-msnbc-cuts-convention-speeches-by-republican-minorities

What an uproar there would be if a media ignore and cut minority speakers in Charlotte.

The internet is great, but as with that and the Obama rope has some reprehinsable statements and imagery

Also the yahoo news bureau chief got fired...caught when he thought mike was off with him and other jounalists joking about Romney partying in Tampa while blacks drown in New Orleans. A couple was kicked out of the convention for alegedly throwing nuts at a black CNN reporter and saying this is how we feed the animals.

And there's this delightful "art" from a Spanish magazine...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/oMICHELLESPAIN570-1.jpg?12

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/michelle-obama-pictured-a_n_1836570.html

The difference is there are no liberal leaders spearheading the actions of these dumbasses. You've got Bachmann accusing congresswomen of conspiring with the Muslim brotherhood because of their last name, you've got governors passing laws that say pregnancy begins BEFORE conception, you've got Palin appearing on Fox News weekly with some ridiculous nonsense if the day, whether it be racism, conspiracy theories, or whatever the flavor the week is, etc. Of course we know there are always stupid people, in all groups, but "conservatives" are being led by these idiots, which breeds crap like pictures of Obama being strung up. It's sickening...

Spesh
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM
The difference is there are no liberal leaders spearheading the actions of these dumbasses. You've got Bachmann accusing congresswomen of conspiring with the Muslim brotherhood because of their last name, you've got governors passing laws that say pregnancy begins BEFORE conception, you've got Palin appearing on Fox News weekly with some ridiculous nonsense if the day, whether it be racism, conspiracy theories, or whatever the flavor the week is, etc. Of course we know there are always stupid people, in all groups, but "conservatives" are being led by these idiots, which breeds crap like pictures of Obama being strung up. It's sickening...

That is exactly the difference.

Every party or organization has its fanatics and radicals. With democrats a wikapedia page gets messed with(news didnt report it when Ireland's page was editted) or how a single network cut off a speech(which, come on now, thats the network and not limited to their news division, did you catch the constant blunders during the Olympics?). With the right, they are elected into office. I would call that a slight difference. The left has seemingly made an effort to distance themselves from their fanatics, the right embraces it.

If people are going to complain about that "damned liberal media!" please explain how Glenn Beck got away with over 200 nazi references in his first 18 months on the job and wasnt censored in the least by Fox. And doesnt the fact that people at the RNC were acting like bigots sort of reinforce the point about how nuts the right has gotten?

Locke
08-29-2012, 07:08 PM
That is exactly the difference.

Every party or organization has its fanatics and radicals. With democrats a wikapedia page gets messed with(news didnt report it when Ireland's page was editted) or how a single network cut off a speech(which, come on now, thats the network and not limited to their news division, did you catch the constant blunders during the Olympics?). With the right, they are elected into office. I would call that a slight difference. The left has seemingly made an effort to distance themselves from their fanatics, the right embraces it.

If people are going to complain about that "damned liberal media!" please explain how Glenn Beck got away with over 200 nazi references in his first 18 months on the job and wasnt censored in the least by Fox. And doesnt the fact that people at the RNC were acting like bigots sort of reinforce the point about how nuts the right has gotten?

Plus, what party do liberals have? The Democratic party is pretty conservative in of itself. They are MORE liberal than the Republican party, but I'm not sure I would call it liberal in general...

CashInFist
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Plus, what party do liberals have? The Democratic party is pretty conservative in of itself. They are MORE liberal than the Republican party, but I'm not sure I would call it liberal in general...

The Liberals have 2 parties:

A) The "Race Card" Party

B) The "Class Warfare" Party

Pick your poison...

Spesh
08-29-2012, 08:08 PM

Its all relative. I wouldnt go so far as to say Democrats are fairly conservative, id say they are more practical. Things that used to be considered extreme to the left(gay marriage, abortion, universal health care, equal pay for women, ban on assault rifles) are largely accepted as mainstream for the democratic party. The real extremes(or liberals if you will) i would consider the enviromental nuts who dont want any drilling whatsoever and those who demand the complete removal of all firearms. Neither of those are largely touched by modern Democrats.

Times have changed and Democrats have adapted while Republicans have been welcoming in more and more fringe movements. 4 years ago i would have considered John Boehner very conservative. Now the man looks like a moderate. So i wouldnt consider Democrats conservative, i would just consider how once "liberal" views are now not only accepted in our society but also taken for granted.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

The Liberals have 2 parties:

A) The "Race Card" Party

B) The "Class Warfare" Party

Pick your poison...

Its August already, have you been gearing up to defend against he upcoming "War on Christmas!!!!"?

CashInFist
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Its all relative. I wouldnt go so far as to say Democrats are fairly conservative, id say they are more practical. Things that used to be considered extreme to the left(gay marriage, abortion, universal health care, equal pay for women, ban on assault rifles) are largely accepted as mainstream for the democratic party. The real extremes(or liberals if you will) i would consider the enviromental nuts who dont want any drilling whatsoever and those who demand the complete removal of all firearms. Neither of those are largely touched by modern Democrats.

Times have changed and Democrats have adapted while Republicans have been welcoming in more and more fringe movements. 4 years ago i would have considered John Boehner very conservative. Now the man looks like a moderate. So i wouldnt consider Democrats conservative, i would just consider how once "liberal" views are now not only accepted in our society but also taken for granted.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Its August already, have you been gearing up to defend against he upcoming "War on Christmas!!!!"?

Nice try. I'm right...

Spesh
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice try. I'm right...

That Obama is waging war on Christmas? Or is the the "war on religion!" that you are preparing for? You know with the creeping Sharia law and what not.

CashInFist
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
That Obama is waging war on Christmas? Or is the the "war on religion!" that you are preparing for? You know with the creeping Sharia law and what not.

So all you STILL do is try to bait people? LOL, No bites here.

Spesh
08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
So all you STILL do is try to bait people? LOL, No bites here.

Of course not, im merely pointing out how you dont have a leg to stand on.

You were the one to bring up how "liberals play the race card" or how they bemoan "class warfare", and i was pointing out that conservatives do the same thing. Conservatives cry wolf(recall Foxnews vehement frustration with Obama supposedly conducting war on the "successful" and Republicans recent "chains" denouncements) about the same things liberals do but they dont stop with the two subjects you brought up. We've spent 4 years being promised that democrats are trying to take away christmas and impose Sharia law and how the government has Muslim Brotherhood members and all sorts of other nonsense. Fear mongering only loses its effects the longer nothing happens.

If your going to point the finger about "parties" make sure your not standing in front of a mirror.

Eshlemon
08-31-2012, 12:57 AM

Which of these "idiots" has anything to do with the Obama rope? This is as bad of a leap of the poster with same antithapy but isntead directed against liberals and class warfare race card, etc. is why Mia Long gets called a ******, whore, token, etc.

Locke
08-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Which of these "idiots" has anything to do with the Obama rope? This is as bad of a leap of the poster with same antithapy but isntead directed against liberals and class warfare race card, etc. is why Mia Long gets called a ******, whore, token, etc.

No one directly. But when you have leaders who openly express hate, such as Bachmann and Palin, it's not surprising that stuff like this pops up. The fact that people like Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, and Michelle Bachmann were serious candidates for the Presidency speaks volumes. Obviously, after getting smashed by Obama in 2008, we knew the least extreme of the candidates, Romney, was going to get the nod this year. But it's terrifying that at separate points in the year, Bachmann, Cain, and Santorum all held national leads.

That's what I mean when I say rational, intelligent conservatives need to take their party back. The best candidate the GoP had to offer this year, Huntsman, didn't even stand a chance. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Huntsman was the best candidate any party had to offer this year. The guy was intelligent, spoke eloquently, made it a point to be as bipartisan as possible, and was personable. So why wasn't this guy taken more seriously? He was the one candidate the GoP had to offer this year that could actually steal the independent vote, and no one gave him a second thought. Well, now we're going to have 4 more years of Obama since the Republican base doesn't approve of humility and compromise...