OyeDale305
08-28-2012, 11:07 PM
what a weirdo huh..

RunReggieRun22
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Gotta Love Grams

Billk78
08-28-2012, 11:09 PM
He was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

SebasMiamiFan
08-28-2012, 11:09 PM
His face was priceless.

Bleed
08-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Made me realize just how young the guy is, **** hes still just a kid.

Xeus24
08-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Damn you guys are harsh... Leave the boy alone Grams will be coming after you

nolefin
we robbed indy vd has the iq of a 4 year old and will never be elite

SizzlingFins04
What a weird guy. See ya! :3w:

Why does that make him weird? He probably grew up without a mother father figure and his grandma is all he has.. aint no shame in that. some of us arent blessed with a luxury of always having your family around. Honestly he looked depressed that he was leaving as if he didnt wanna go. I mean if he was static to pack his bags and leave i doubt he would have asked who he got traded for? Im guessing he asked for the simple fact that he wanted to see what his value was to the dolphins. kudos for the way ireland handled it with him. vontae's voice seemed to crackle as he said he was gonna call his grandma.. sad day in dolphins history but we gotta move on now and hope theres brighter days coming for the miami dolphins

Jahlove
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
yeah, what a weirdo for getting devastating news and wanting to share it with the person he is closest with. total psycho. It was so hilarious to see him stunned and upset!!

SkapePhin
08-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Vontae's a manchild, but he's still a good guy imo. (unlike his little brother who kills people with hammers)

TheWarriorFins
He's clearly slow but I like him as a person

PhinMagic
It was pretty funny. The guy has a brain the size of an atom.

OyeDale305
08-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Lol ppl bashing VD.. you know what im laughing right now is the secondary Lmao!!! We are going to be ballin

abNORMal
HaHa..he has a strong sense of Family.....

Adam First
This thread is uncalled for

I have no ill will toward Vontae. He had been with the team for three years - he probably had settled down here, started a new life. If you were told you had to, essentially, move away from your home overnight, how would you react?

VAMinnow
Wow. I felt a lot different. You could tell how much that shook him. Couldn't imagine laughing at someone over that.

PhinMagic
08-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Anyone remember when he was dumb enough to injure himself after making a play. Gramatica-like

PolitePolite
Why does that make him weird? He probably grew up without a mother father figure and his grandma is all he has.. aint no shame in that. some of us arent blessed with a luxury of always having your family around. Honestly he looked depressed that he was leaving as if he didnt wanna go. I mean if he was static to pack his bags and leave i doubt he would have asked who he got traded for? Im guessing he asked for the simple fact that he wanted to see what his value was to the dolphins. kudos for the way ireland handled it with him. vontae's voice seemed to crackle as he said he was gonna call his grandma.. sad day in dolphins history but we gotta move on now and hope theres brighter days coming for the miami dolphins

It makes him weird because as soon as Jeff told him he was being traded, his first reaction was to call his Grandma! Vontae was going to call her in Jeff Ireland's office! At least have a conversation with the guy about why you were traded before you do that. Can you imagine if Ireland had to sit there and listen to Vontae telling his grandma he is headed to Indy? THAT would have been great television.

dlockz
we robbed indy vd has the iq of a 4 year old and will never be elite

But he has been much better than Sean Smith whom we spent a similar second round pick on

Show Me Your TDs
08-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Its not weird at all considering his background. He was basically raised by her which shouldn't be surprising if you have been around any public school setting. Its a growing trend unfortunately.

Dolph N.Fan
I thought the look on his face was funny. Not sure what was funny about him wanting to tell his grandma.

dlockz
It makes him weird because as soon as Jeff told him he was being traded, his first reaction was to call his Grandma! Vontae was going to call her in Jeff Ireland's office! At least have a conversation with the guy about why you were traded before you do that. Can you imagine if Ireland had to sit there and listen to Vontae telling his grandma he is headed to Indy? THAT would have been great television.

Hell why not speak with Grandma whats left to say to Ireland

PhinMagic
Oh boo hoo. A millionaire has to move. God forbid, he'll probably just pay someone to do everything. Big deal, he has his money and probably a super hot girl to go home and bang.

SizzlingFins04
This thread is uncalled for

I have no ill will toward Vontae. He had been with the team for three years - he probably had settled down here, started a new life. If you were told you had to, essentially, move away from your home overnight, how would you react?

Couldnt have said it any better.. if i could give double thumbs up i would

SebasMiamiFan
I like Davis as a player, but his face was funny. Get over it. A lot of sensitive people here I see.

The reason he was cut has a lot to do with his behavior.

Miami 13
08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I've always liked Vontae, he does seem a little slow and I did feel bad for him watching that.

SizzlingFins04
08-28-2012, 11:18 PM

That still doesn't make him weird.. what that makes him out to be is a human with emotional feelings. point blank.

rob3996
08-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Hard to believe that the Trifecta didnt pick up on this prior to drafting him in the 1st round - its obvious he has some issues. Green Bay must of been dumbfounded when we took him prior to them taking Matthews!

Adam First
08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh boo hoo. A millionaire has to move. God forbid, he'll probably just pay someone to do everything. Big deal, he has his money and probably a super hot girl to go home and bang.

You're missing the point

Not every millionaire is like Mitt Romney, without emotion or pause. Vontae was visibly shaken when Ireland told him. He probably wanted to get in contact with his grandma to let her know what's going on. She may be a parental figure in his life.

Think about it, bro

OyeDale305
08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
It makes him weird because as soon as Jeff told him he was being traded, his first reaction was to call his Grandma! Vontae was going to call her in Jeff Ireland's office! At least have a conversation with the guy about why you were traded before you do that. Can you imagine if Ireland had to sit there and listen to Vontae telling his grandma he is headed to Indy? THAT would have been great television.Have a conversation with Ireland Lol..

andyahs
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Hard to believe that the Trifecta didnt pick up on this prior to drafting him in the 1st round - its obvious he has some issues. Green Bay must of been dumbfounded when we took him prior to them taking Matthews!

He may not be sharp but his talent made up for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

next-year
08-28-2012, 11:22 PM
What an ignorant thread.

How many of you guys would like to hear someone tell you they are moving you to Indianapolis within the next few hours Basically out of no where. THe kid is 24 with a psycho hammer murdering brother and a Grandmother that is probably one of the only people who keeps him grounded.

flynryan15
Maybe his Grandma is a travel agent?

PolitePolite
That still doesn't make him weird.. what that makes him out to be is a human with emotional feelings. point blank.

You want to talk about a human with emotional feelings? How about Les Brown who worked his ass off WAY harder than Vontae. And he found out he was being CUT, not traded. He spoke with Ireland and told him that he wasn't going to give up and that we would see him again. All Vontae wanted to know was what we traded him for. Give me a break.

DanStillStands
Wow. I felt a lot different. You could tell how much that shook him. Couldn't imagine laughing at someone over that.

agree!!

traptses
08-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Nothing to do with being "too sensitive." it's a tad childish to call someone a "weirdo" because they want to tell the closest family member they have, that they've been traded. A lot of A-holes on this board, if you ask me

Hayden Fox

Well put. Sad that some people on this site find it so funny that he was scared and wanted to call his grandmother. Athletes might have more than we have in terms money and fame, but did others here ever figure you had things in your life that Vontae could never imagine.

Zounds

Agree with this. He was stunned. It was the first thing that came to his mind. I thought he handled it well actually.

SizzlingFins04
worse thread of the year award so far

Njphinsfan
08-28-2012, 11:25 PM
I think he just wanted to get his grandmother some air time on Hard Knocks before he left Miami.

ckparrothead
I felt really bad for him. He just got totally knocked the **** out. Ireland starts off with "the rumors are true". You could almost hear him thinking, "What rumors?"

The guy reacted awkwardly to it. I think a lot of people would.

Hayden Fox
I was tough on posters being sad when the first rookies were cut. You know what? After watching Davis, those posters were right.

IluvJuMiami
08-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I ate dinner at abuela's just 3 hours ago. There's nothing like grandma's cooking. I now like Vontae a lot more.

Nothing but love- a lot of yall are jerks. It was an uncomfortable thing to watch. The poor kid was obviously stunned. If you were laughing at him and things of the like, you're just not a good person. I'm sure the lot of you couldn't care less.

SebasMiamiFan
08-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Some people here went too far, but I just laughed at his face when he reacted. I didn't laugh through the whole segment. Come on now.

DisturbedShifty
08-28-2012, 11:28 PM
I am going to assume this has to do with Hard Knocks, which I haven't seen just yet.

That said, if you followed Vontae on Twitter you would not be surprised by this. The dude was always talking about his Grandma. And to make light of it is just petty.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

SizzlingFins04
08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
You want to talk about a human with emotional feelings? How about Les Brown who worked his ass off WAY harder than Vontae. And he found out he was being CUT, not traded. He spoke with Ireland and told him that he wasn't going to give up and that we would see him again. All Vontae wanted to know was what we traded him for. Give me a break.

your making my case even stronger with that post. another showing of a human with emotional feelings. ​

PolitePolite
08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't think its funny that he needs to move or that his Grandma is the most important person in his life. What is funny is that he was straight up DIALING HER NUMBER IN JEFF'S OFFICE and Jeff had to tell him to stop and "talk business first." Jeese you guys are such babies.

OyeDale305
08-28-2012, 11:30 PM
You want to talk about a human with emotional feelings? How about Les Brown who worked his ass off WAY harder than Vontae. And he found out he was being CUT, not traded. He spoke with Ireland and told him that he wasn't going to give up and that we would see him again. All Vontae wanted to know was what we traded him for. Give me a break.Because Les brown sucks and he knew it.. Different situations. VD Didnt know nothing about any trades and was shocked.. and you're laughing because he called his grandma Lol who cares. Garbage thread

SebasMiamiFan
08-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Just delete the thread

Nublar7
08-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.

tcdrover
08-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Vontae is like a little kid, he LOVES football.

He just isn't very bright or very mature.

PolitePolite
08-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate.

Completely agree. His reaction was bizarre, as was his play on the field (the horrific penalty last game). Lets hope Ireland can do something with that early (hopefully) 2nd round pick next year.

Dolph N.Fan
08-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Nothing wrong with Vontae wanting to call his grandma, but the timing of it was the issue. His conversation with Ireland wasn't even close to being over and Vontae wanted to make a phone call.

J. David Wannyheimer
08-28-2012, 11:41 PM

I don't think it was a lack of professionalism as much as it is a lack of knowing better. He seems very naive or even childlike as others have pointed out.

Locke
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...

Locke
08-28-2012, 11:52 PM

Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...

SizzlingFins04
08-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Speechless. Absolute new low for this board. Short of injury or being straight cut, he just got the worst news he could get as a professional athlete. He is obviously in shock, doesn't know what to do, and he just verbalizes the first thing that comes to his mind; he wants to call the person he is closest to in the world. And what do you clowns do? Make fun of the guy?

This is the first time I've ever even began to agree with the sentiment that Miami has the worst fans in professional sports. Now watching you douchebags make fun of a 24 year old kid for wanting to call his grandmother to help him process the fact that his entire is changing overnight has me realizing that maybe that wasn't too far off. 20 years of following this team, and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a Dolphins fan, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the team itself. For ****s sake...

Thank you, finally a handful of people on this board that have some sense.

Nublar7
08-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Nubs, that's not rude. That's a confused kid not knowing what to do, and going straight to what he has probably done his entire life; call his grandma. I'd stake my entire education in psychology that it had nothing to do with being rude, and everything about instinctively doing what he has done his entire life...
Wasn't intentionally rude by Vontae, but that is the way it comes across. Perhaps it is just immaturity or not knowing how to deal with these kind of things, but in the business world that is not the way you do things. I understand the NFL isn't your typical business, but it is still a business. If Reggie Bush would get traded tomorrow, I doubt the first thing he would say in the meeting is that he needs to call his grandma. I think he would understand that you finish the meeting with Ireland, than call grandma once you leave his office.

Not a big deal though, I am not going to justify the trade by what he said in the meeting with Ireland, it just shows to me that the talk that he is immature is true.

IluvJuMiami
08-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Vontae was rude when after Ireland said he was traded that the first thing he said was that he needed to gall his grandma and pulled the phone out of his pocket. Come on, what professional pulls out their phone to call a family member during an important one on one meeting? The rumors that Vontae is immature appears to be accurate..

Completely agree. His reaction was bizarre, as was his play on the field (the horrific penalty last game). Lets hope Ireland can do something with that early (hopefully) 2nd round pick next year.

Gentlemen, he's a kid. A kid whom we can assume from family history may not have had the opportunity for the best education regarding edicate in specific situations. A kid that got what probably is the most stunning news of his proffesional career.

It was blatantly obvious that the reaction was one of anxiety. He was uncomfortable, shocked, and his natural reaction was awkward, one of reaching for something that would better assist him to cope.

It would have not killed Ireland to let the kid make a call and let the situation settle, sink in before shuffling the youngster out of his office. i do not like the way Ireland handles people. He comes across completely artificial IMO. it wss nice to hear about his history. For someone who spent so much time around football players, Ireland seems as awkward as a stunned boy trying to call his grandma in the midst of stunning news when talking to them.

J. David Wannyheimer
08-28-2012, 11:56 PM

I agree that laughing at that scene is worse than crass, but the worst fans in professional sports? Dude, Eagles fans boo Santa Claus and the kids from the Punt Pass & Kick competitions. They have a courtroom complete with holding cells inside the damn stadium. Come on, we're better than those guys!

PolitePolite
08-29-2012, 12:01 AM

Hey Locke, since when is being traded the worst news a football player could possibly get? The guy is going to start in Indy, and he wouldn't have started here. Stop being so dramatic.

John Biello
08-29-2012, 12:02 AM
The creation of this thread was a disgrace.

rick32883
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
it probably hit him hard and maybe his mom isnt around and he needed that comfort .. hows that weird

Locke
08-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Hey Locke, since when is being traded the worst news a football player could possibly get? The guy is going to start in Indy, and he wouldn't have started here. Stop being so dramatic.

Hey, how about someone tells you that you need to leave your entire life behind and move somewhere else tomorrow. Nope, you get no time to wrap up any loose ends or say goodbye to anyone. You're leaving. Tomorrow. End of discussion. Imagine that for just one minute. Is it still hilarious?

Grow the **** up. This isn't high school anymore. Adults don't laugh at other adults. Learn some empathy...

LVFinsFan
08-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Hey, how about someone tells you that you need to leave your entire life behind and move somewhere else tomorrow. Nope, you get no time to wrap up any loose ends or say goodbye to anyone. You're leaving. Tomorrow. End of discussion. Imagine that for just one minute. Is it still hilarious?

Grow the **** up. This isn't high school anymore. Adults don't laugh at other adults. Learn some empathy...

This is definately over dramatized....really??

I will agree with you that vontae may act like a kid but at age 24 he is hardly that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

IluvJuMiami
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Wasn't intentionally rude by Vontae, but that is the way it comes across. Perhaps it is just immaturity or not knowing how to deal with these kind of things, but in the business world that is not the way you do things. I understand the NFL isn't your typical business, but it is still a business. If Reggie Bush would get traded tomorrow, I doubt the first thing he would say in the meeting is that he needs to call his grandma. I think he would understand that you finish the meeting with Ireland, than call grandma once you leave his office.

Not a big deal though, I am not going to justify the trade by what he said in the meeting with Ireland, it just shows to me that the talk that he is immature is true.

Reggie Bush has experience in the field of trades.

Your point is absolutely ludicrous and appears to be guided by some sort of bias influencing your opinion. In no way, shape, or form did Vontae's actions come across as even remotely rude. it wasn't even somewhat implied. It could have been clear to a blind person, for Vontae's voice was just as awkward as his reaction.

Could it be deemed unproffesional? Sure. Were you ever fired when you were a kid? I was fired from AMC theatres when I was 16 and to have called me unproffesaional would have given me more credit than I deserved.

He reacted as a scared child who seemed to be vulerable and sincerely affected. He showed more humanity than most wanna-be tough guys and sports intellectuals in this forum have perhaps ever showed. And it wasn't funny or rude or entertaining. It was sad and embarrasing and uncomfortable and everything any human being would not wish upon any other for the mere sake of ****s and giggles.

LVFinsFan
08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Reggie Bush has experience in the field of trades.

Your point is absolutely ludicrous and appears to be guided by some sort of bias influencing your opinion. In no way, shape, or form did Vontae's actions come across as even remotely rude. it wasn't even somewhat implied. It could have been clear to a blind person, for Vontae's voice was just as awkward as his reaction.

Could it be deemed unproffesional? Sure. Were you ever fired when you were a kid? I was fired from AMC theatres when I was 16 and to have called me unproffesaional would have given me more credit than I deserved.

He reacted as a scared child who seemed to be vulerable and sincerely affected. He showed more humanity than most wanna-be tough guys and sports intellectuals in this forum have perhaps ever showed. And it wasn't funny or rude or entertaining. It was sad and embarrasing and uncomfortable and everything any human being would not wish upon any other for the sake of ****s and giggles.

Interesting perspective. Im going to have to watch it again because I saw it as he didn't care.

Edit: rewatched the trade. Still think vontae came off as he didn't care. Had my wife watch it and she thought the same.

Crazysimon
08-29-2012, 12:24 AM
You guys are shocking. These are human beings. He probably had no mother or father and that was his support system. How is that weird?? Calling a close family member for a huge moment in your life? MORONS.

Playmaker76
08-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Has it occurred to any of you dumb ****s that perhaps he was concerned about his Grandma? She's like 80 years old and probably wanted to let her know what happened and not worry before someone else broke the news to her. I swear some of you are much more childish mentally than what you claim Vontae to be.

ctru86
08-29-2012, 12:27 AM
the only thing that could have made that scene more awkward would have been if ireland asked vontae if his grandma was a hooker...

IluvJuMiami
08-29-2012, 12:27 AM
This is definately over dramatized....really??

I will agree with you that vontae may act like a kid but at age 24 he is hardly that.

24 is not a kid? Where did you grow up, Russia? It's a new world, guy. With the technology, kids do not have to grow up as fast as they used to. So unless you joined the service, had to help pa plow the field to make ends meat, or were arranged in marriage to royalty- 24 is still very much a kid.

Phinatic8u
08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
the only thing that could have made that scene more awkward would have been if ireland asked vontae if his grandma was a hooker...

Your 6th post on this wonderfull site and you post that.......

:bobdole:

J. David Wannyheimer
08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
24 is not a kid? Where did you grow up, Russia? It's a new world, guy. With the technology, kids do not have to grow up as fast as they used to. So unless you joined the service, had to help pa plow the field to make ends meat, or were arranged in marriage to royalty- 24 is still very much a kid.

Don't try to spin this as an age thing. Vontae is definitely extremely immature and childlike for a 24 year old. He clearly has issues that are not normal.

Daman379
08-29-2012, 12:29 AM
He was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

It doesn't take a lot to be smarter than our organization! they can't make up there minds on anything.

Cheers to another ****ty season

Mogwai
08-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Some of you are garbage. This thread is shocking. The kid has spent his entire career as a Dolphin, he's devastated to find out he's been traded from them and this is how you react? I am a very different fan than some of you and I'm happy for that. Just a new low.

IluvJuMiami
08-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Interesting perspective. Im going to have to watch it again because I saw it as he didn't care.

Wow. You may want to schedule an appointment with a therapist. i am not trying to disrespect or insult you. If you interpreted the look on Vontae's face as he didn't care, you might have some personal stuff to work out. I am not even trying to be funny right now.

Stay away from poker tables, though. (okay, had to try and add a little levity because sheesh)

ctru86
08-29-2012, 12:32 AM
what are you posting quality control...half the stuff on this board is pure garbage and you are worried about a little comment. ligthen up...

Phinatic8u
08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
what are you posting quality control...half the stuff on this board is pure garbage and you are worried about a little comment. ligthen up...

Why yes, yes I am.

napsndreds
08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Vontae had that deer in the headlights look. I mean come on guys, he hears trade rumors circulating then to be called in and the rumors are confirmed to b true. the kid is a bit immature but he wasn't rude. He seemed shocked and nervous. I believe Vontae is a good kid, great athlete that just needs to grow up. Maybe these lessons will help him out. Sad to watch tho. One of our own leaving on these terms

hammond47
08-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Not that it really matters (it definitely doesn't), but I for one a devastated by this trade. Vontae was one of my favorite players, and I hate that this coaching regime and Ireland think these guys are this easily disposable. If Smith resorts to soft tackling and Marshall shows he isnt a starting corner, then what? The way things have gone I can see us drafting a cornerback in the first round next year. It's ridiculous

TheJetsBlow
08-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Nothing to do with being "too sensitive." it's a tad childish to call someone a "weirdo" because they want to tell the closest family member they have, that they've been traded. A lot of A-holes on this board, if you ask me

The problem with people is that they NEVER stop to think how they would feel if it was them. 'Oh big deal, he's a millionaire', he'll get over it and **** a hot chick'. Yeah, well he's still a human being with human emotions and feelings. It would suck to have to receive news like that, I don't care who you are. That's the biggest problem with most people- they're so quick to judge others without stopping to think how THEY would react in a similar situation. And that's why people ****ing blow.

IluvJuMiami
08-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Don't try to spin this as an age thing. Vontae is definitely extremely immature and childlike for a 24 year old. He clearly has issues that are not normal.

W-H-I-C-H/ I-S/ O-N-E/ O-F /T-H-E /F-A-C-T-O-R-S/ T-H-A-T /M-A-K-E-S /T-H-E /M-O-M-E-N-T/ A-S /T-O-U-G-H /T-O /W-A-T-C-H /A-S/ I-T /I-S.

Again, not rude, not funny- sad.

ryan0398
08-29-2012, 12:38 AM
when did 24 year old become kids? I don't think anyone actually thinks the situation was funny. The reaction was bizarre or wierd that was obvious.

SizzlingFins04
08-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Well now that this garbage thread seems to be coming to an end can we get back to talking about football?

Daman379
08-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow. You may want to schedule an appointment with a therapist. i am not trying to disrespect or insult you. If you interpreted the look on Vontae's face as he didn't care, you might have some personal stuff to work out. I am not even trying to be funny right now.

Stay away from poker tables, though. (okay, had to try and add a little levity because sheesh)

Did you see the look on Jeff's face when he said we traded Vontae for two pick!?! I need to fly down to Miami for Minnesota and give Jeff a good whooping! Vontae show us fins fans how humble of a person he was by shaking Jeff's hand and patting him on the back before he left!

I can't wait until Vontae and the Colts play us this year and he shuts us down

Predaphin
08-29-2012, 12:42 AM
It was an awkward moment. He looked shocked and scared at the same time...almost the look someone would give when they get in trouble. I also tend to agree it seemed as if he didnt want to leave. Maybe he was in a comfort zone.

ryan0398
08-29-2012, 12:51 AM
it definetly looked as if he didn't want to leave. His world was rocked for sure. For him though, it may be a blessing in disguise. The colts will turn their team around long before we do. Hard for him to see it now but I bet soon enough he won't still wish he was here.

TheMageGandalf
08-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Some of you are garbage. This thread is shocking. The kid has spent his entire career as a Dolphin, he's devastated to find out he's been traded from them and this is how you react? I am a very different fan than some of you and I'm happy for that. Just a new low.

In the sea of BS that this thread is I am glad someone brought some sense into it. Thank you for that post Mogwai.

Gonk
08-29-2012, 01:02 AM
My initial reaction was that it was weird too, but after thinking about, Vontae was probably pretty devastated and did not know what to say. I'm sure we've all been there before. Give the kid a break.

jason_taylor
08-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Not that it really matters (it definitely doesn't), but I for one a devastated by this trade. Vontae was one of my favorite players, and I hate that this coaching regime and Ireland think these guys are this easily disposable. If Smith resorts to soft tackling and Marshall shows he isnt a starting corner, then what? The way things have gone I can see us drafting a cornerback in the first round next year. It's ridiculous

nope WE NEED WR worse off than we need a CB .

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Did you see the look on Jeff's face when he said we traded Vontae for two pick!?! I need to fly down to Miami for Minnesota and give Jeff a good whooping! Vontae show us fins fans how humble of a person he was by shaking Jeff's hand and patting him on the back before he left!

I can't wait until Vontae and the Colts play us this year and he shuts us down

imo that wont be hard since our WRs are terrible.

MP-Omnis
08-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Poor Vontae. No more drop top Lambo in the miami winter. He's gotta trade it in for a pickup truck in Awfultown Indiana.

dlockz
08-29-2012, 01:45 AM
nope WE NEED WR worse off than we need a CB .

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

imo that wont be hard since our WRs are terrible.

Hell we need a wr and a Cb pretty bad. These are huge weak spots

CChambers84
08-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Felt bad for Vontae and every one who was cut. I'd be a terrible GM for that reason alone LOL

A&O
08-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Vontae + Grandma phone request = home boy.

tylerdolphin
08-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Im someone thats a HUGE fan of non-politically correct humor and such, and even I cant find this funny. And you guys criticizing Vontae...just wow. Flynryan's post about his grandma being a travel agent was literally the only funny post in this entire thread.

i think most of the people laughing and criticizing probably havent seen half the **** in their lives that Vontae has seen. Right off the bat, he was raised by his grandma which means he has no conventional family structure. He is probably closer to his grandma than he is to anyone. Is it really such a big surprise that when he receives some of the most shocking and life altering news of his life, he tries to call her? God damn.

Flip Tanneflop
08-29-2012, 02:35 AM
His face was priceless.

Vontae looks like Beetlejuice.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://photos.lucywho.com/beetlejuice-photo-gallery-c10196145.html)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/08/A1bvzqCUAEnZ1E-1.jpg

A&O
08-29-2012, 02:52 AM
Im someone thats a HUGE fan of non-politically correct humor and such, and even I cant find this funny. And you guys criticizing Vontae...just wow. Flynryan's post about his grandma being a travel agent was literally the only funny post in this entire thread.

i think most of the people laughing and criticizing probably havent seen half the **** in their lives that Vontae has seen. Right off the bat, he was raised by his grandma which means he has no conventional family structure. He is probably closer to his grandma than he is to anyone. Is it really such a big surprise that when he receives some of the most shocking and life altering news of his life, he tries to call her? God damn.

Did not know those things. I take back the home boy thing. He will kick it in Indy.

MP-Omnis
08-29-2012, 03:14 AM
I think Vontae was mad we didn't get Reggie Wayne.

number1fin
08-29-2012, 03:19 AM
What a weird guy.You might wanna look in the:mirror::loser1:

miamikid92
08-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Not to beat a dead horse at this point, but I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that money doesn't take away your right to be a person.

tiguere
08-29-2012, 05:34 AM

probably as professional as asking Dez bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

tiguere
08-29-2012, 05:46 AM

I agree...im sure the people laughing and criticising have never heard, or been put in a position that can alter your life in a second. yea he has millions, and is a football player, but still human. going to a place, city that you have no clue about is not a easy task and his grandma is probably the only one he feels he can trust you help him through it. If he was a ***hole and idiot like you all are makeing him out to be...he would have called his brother (vernon) and say " dawg guess what, im off this sinking ship "

finfan54
08-29-2012, 06:47 AM
I liked the part about the coach destroying VD on that pass interference play. I said the other day, that was whack! You dont pull the guy backwards by jersey and step in front!!!

Its so damn obvious! Never seen anything like it before. Obviously, VD has issues. dysfunctionality. good luck with Indy. We got ourselves a deal for the long haul.

Kdawg954
08-29-2012, 07:09 AM

This ****ty thread should have been closed after this post. Excellent Locke.

The sad part is watching people who literally have no clue what hardships Vontae has been through his life process his reaction like that is an indication of his intelligence. The man's brother is in jail for murder and now his whole life and surroundings are being changed and he's going to the person that raised him for direction and guidance. I just can't see the humility in that.

Maybe because my mom was allowed to go to LA and Vegas when she was younger and I was literally raised by my grandma, in a house of 10 cousins, brothers and sisters. Personally, I have a combination of 3 brothers and sisters and my 2 brothers are in prison while my sister has been out of prison for almost a decade. My grandma has passed on now, but when she was alive I went to her anytime I did anything . . . new female I'm talking to, new car, school grades . . . hell we even talked Dolphins football because she loved them . . .she is the one that always made things that seem wrong, logical and right and that kind of love and understanding is something 99% of the posters on this board clearly will never understand.

Kdawg954
08-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Maybe his Grandma is a travel agent?

:lol:

In a thread full of immature posters, this was the type of humor that shows off the wittiness of some of the posters here on Finheaven.

dolfan_md
08-29-2012, 07:19 AM

This. If you're called into the General Manager's office and he tells you that you have to go to Indy to work in the Indy office of whatever business you are in, you don't immediately reach in your pocket and call anyone, you finish the conversation - collect all the details and then you make all the calls you need when the meeting is done. Vontae is immature..not bad. I wish him well and suspect he will grow up (as everyone does) and do just fine for the Colts.

Phin-o-rama
08-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I laughed because it was funny and i don't feel bad because he's a millionaire and they understand it's very much a part of the deal.

"ima call my gam gams"

Lol

dlophinatic13
08-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Reguarless of what he wanted to do at the time he was told by Ireland, Everyone of you who bashed him should be ashamed. He's still a kid and most likely a mama's boy and thats his deal dont bash him for being young.If you all got fired today and didnt expect it youd be devistated. He gave his fair share to us and thats all we can ask for. Good luck in Indy and i hope you prove us wrong.

tiguere
08-29-2012, 07:36 AM
This. If you're called into the General Manager's office and he tells you that you have to go to Indy to work in the Indy office of whatever business you are in, you don't immediately reach in your pocket and call anyone, you finish the conversation - collect all the details and then you make all the calls you need when the meeting is done. Vontae is immature..not bad. I wish him well and suspect he will grow up (as everyone does) and do just fine for the Colts.

yes you are right...your first reaction should not be to reach for a phone...but do you do the right thing everytime it happens the first time? Immature??? maybe he is, but not in this situation...he was just in shock and did what any human would do when you get bad news...you reach out to get comfort or guidence. just funny how people can call a person immature but not be in thats person shoes. Immatureity is watching a show, and judging a man without knowing his feelings.

tylerdolphin
08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
I laughed because it was funny and i don't feel bad because he's a millionaire and they understand it's very much a part of the deal.

"ima call my gam gams"

Lol

I keep seeing the millionaire thing come up in here, but I cant see how its even relevant.

SuperMarksBros.
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
This thread is jam packed with classless turds.

natetherock
08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Just by his tone you could tell he was completely sincere and not trying to be rude. The kid is 24 yrs old with likely no family in Miami. I think the first reaction of many people would be to call the only family/support they have.

Let's give the kid a break and wish him the best in Indy.

Built2Win
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Davis is going to help the colts win games. I am going to go out on a limb and say he makes it to the pro bowl. The colts will end up with a better record than the dolphins. And the dolphins will receive the 42nd pick in the draft for davis.

RockyMtnPhinfan
08-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Some folks on here are a bunch *******..........come on man. The guy has all world talent and can't get his **** together after 10 or more warnings. Hey guess what VD? You didn't heed the warnings and now you are traded. Big deal. Some of you folks need to sack up and hold the guy responsible for his actions.
It's HIS fault ok? Plain and simple.
You are out there making 30k and this kid is a millionaire and you feel SORRY for him? GTFO
REEEEEEALLY?

RockyMtnPhinfan
08-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I keep seeing the millionaire thing come up in here, but I cant see how its even relevant.

Here let me simplify it for you-------- when you are paid that kind of money there are expectations placed upon you, which is fair. He didn't live up to those expectations despite repeated warnings to get himself straightened out. Therefore you get called in to the office and told you are traded.
It's that simple.

tylerdolphin
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Here let me simplify it for you-------- when you are paid that kind of money there are expectations placed upon you, which is fair. He didn't live up to those expectations despite repeated warnings to get himself straightened out. Therefore you get called in to the office and told you are traded.
It's that simple.

My point isnt the trade. Trades happen. I know. The point is that its a tough thing for the player regardless of how much money they make. They are being uprooted and told to move on very short notice. Id imagine a lot of players have similar reactions of shock. And lets not act like he was some out of control cancer. Dude was immature at times here, but hes 24. Yes, he shouldnt have shown up for work hungover, but Ive done that. The trade is what it is, but Vontae seems like an OK guy and I think his reaction was probably a relatively common one.

RockyMtnPhinfan
08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
My point isnt the trade. Trades happen. I know. The point is that its a tough thing for the player regardless of how much money they make. They are being uprooted and told to move on very short notice. Id imagine a lot of players have similar reactions of shock. And lets not act like he was some out of control cancer. Dude was immature at times here, but hes 24. Yes, he shouldnt have shown up for work hungover, but Ive done that. The trade is what it is, but Vontae seems like an OK guy and I think his reaction was probably a relatively common one.
This clip and the Ochocinco clip are surely painful to watch- I can agree with you on that one. It's hard to say if VD will flourish in the INdy system- he has had time here with us, and not much has changed. I don't dislike the guy, but on the other hand it's pretty awesome to see EXACTLY what goes on behind the scenes.

Phidget
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
We don't know his story. When you are a kid (albeit with a talent), you still react as a kid... This isn't like you and I getting a different job. He was told to call his new coach because they would want him on a plane right away... He won't get time to pack, find a house, or deal with a grandma he likely supports and might even live with him. For all we know, she could be highly dependent so the change of location on short notice may be VERY HARD to cope with.

The kid has huge talent, and may never realize it because he is not "worldly and mature".

I also wouldn't call someone a millionaire who is set for life based on 3 years of a late first round rookie contract. Guy will have made a few mill, but with family, housing, agents etc, he is not a Bill Gates, just a well to do guy that had his rug pulled out.

I wish we hadn't had to trade him, but either way I wish him nothing but the best. Good Kid, played hard, made some mistakes.

Too bad we didn't keep him and unload Dansby and his "the world owes me something" attitude.

dolphindan
09-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Not to beat a dead horse but the kid just got bad news, and only mentioned calling his grandma when Ireland asked if he was ok. It's not like he was shouting or demanding to call his grandma. He just simply said he wanted to call grandma, then under his breath he uttered and my brother. He was obviously upset and felt that his family could help him, hell I was upset watching it and haven't been able to shake how upset he was. Seeing a young vulnerable man upset like that kinda makes me wish we didn't do hardknocks.

GoonBoss
09-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but the kid just got bad news, and only mentioned calling his grandma when Ireland asked if he was ok. It's not like he was shouting or demanding to call his grandma. He just simply said he wanted to call grandma, then under his breath he uttered and my brother. He was obviously upset and felt that his family could help him, hell I was upset watching it and haven't been able to shake how upset he was. Seeing a young vulnerable man upset like that kinda makes me wish we didn't do hardknocks.
It's not what a grown man does.

It's what a child does.

That's the issue. He acted like a child.

GoonBoss
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
We don't know his story. When you are a kid (albeit with a talent), you still react as a kid... This isn't like you and I getting a different job. He was told to call his new coach because they would want him on a plane right away... He won't get time to pack, find a house, or deal with a grandma he likely supports and might even live with him. For all we know, she could be highly dependent so the change of location on short notice may be VERY HARD to cope with.

The kid has huge talent, and may never realize it because he is not "worldly and mature".

I also wouldn't call someone a millionaire who is set for life based on 3 years of a late first round rookie contract. Guy will have made a few mill, but with family, housing, agents etc, he is not a Bill Gates, just a well to do guy that had his rug pulled out.

I wish we hadn't had to trade him, but either way I wish him nothing but the best. Good Kid, played hard, made some mistakes.

Too bad we didn't keep him and unload Dansby and his "the world owes me something" attitude.

My son is in the Army.

He's just turned 21.

Cry me a ****ing river about children, and choices, and, extraious bull****.

NY8123
09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
It's not what a grown man does.

It's what a child does.

That's the issue. He acted like a child.

Now Vontae can go act like a kid in Indy. Bye Bye douchebag. Here I'll even give you a couple quarters to call Grandma from me to you. You want a bus ticket and blanky too? Get the **** outta here, "I gotta call Grandama".