PDA

View Full Version : Since We Wont Draft Barkley

miamifin12345
09-04-2012, 03:00 AM
Who do you think we will draft with the number 1 overall pick?

Keenan Allen, California?

CalDolFan10x14
09-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Since when did we trade picks with the St Louis Rams, the Minnesota Vikings, the Cleveland Browns, the Jacksonville Jaguars, or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? :ponder:

Seriously, though...we won't have to worry about that since we WON'T be picking number 1 in 2013, or in the top 5 for that matter. :)

roy_miami
09-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Earlier this week on total access O'Hara picked the Browns to finish last and Dukes picked....yup, you guessed it! The Dolphins.

JAKEIII
09-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Do not rule out Barkley just yet my friend.

fakespike
09-04-2012, 04:20 AM
If somehow we do pick #1, itll be a very interesting draft. If tannehill sinks, we get another franchise guy. If he floats, we pull a Rams and end up with an unprecedented lot of top 3rd picks in 2013, plus future 1's. Could accumulate 7 picks in top 3 rounds.

Reason #37 why I'm glad tannehill is starting.

Dolph N.Fan
09-04-2012, 05:02 AM
If somehow we do pick #1, itll be a very interesting draft. If tannehill sinks, we get another franchise guy. If he floats, we pull a Rams and end up with an unprecedented lot of top 3rd picks in 2013, plus future 1's. Could accumulate 7 picks in top 3 rounds.

Reason #37 why I'm glad tannehill is starting.

Agreed, Doubt it will happen BUT if it does, the #1 overall pick should be a win win for Miami. If Tannehill looks like Sanchez at the end of the season, then draft Barkley keep both and then trade Tannehill later down the road. Ireland is fired, If Tannehill does look like the future, then trade the #1 pick for a boat load of picks and build around Tannehill. But Ireland fired regardless.If the Rams got ALL of that from Washington for the #2 overall pick and the 2nd overall QB prospect, then what would Miami get for the #1 overall prospect, #1 overall QB, and #1 overall draft pick?

finfan54
09-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Why do you want Barkley. I would think after all this bitching going on that you would be looking for the next megatron.

Buff
09-04-2012, 05:36 AM
SMH......Matt Barkley. Can some one tell me the last time a USC QB was any good in the NFL. I doubt wether or not Barkley will be any different to any number of USC qb's. Booty, Sanchez, Leinart, Palmer - the pick of them but never really did anything spectacular - Marinovich, Peete...you get my drift?

We wont have the number 1 pick. I still think around 7-10, but I wouldnt be surprised if we end up 3rd or 4th pick. We really need to get the best WR or the best CB. I dont want to think that we wasted a pick on RT, and I dont expect the regime to give up on him after just one year. RT will need help at WR, even if our WR have a decent type year, but I expect that to be our biggest target in the draft.

Not some overhyped QB from an overhyped college program

roy_miami
09-04-2012, 05:51 AM
SMH......Matt Barkley. Can some one tell me the last time a USC QB was any good in the NFL. I doubt wether or not Barkley will be any different to any number of USC qb's. Booty, Sanchez, Leinart, Palmer - the pick of them but never really did anything spectacular - Marinovich, Peete...you get my drift?

By that logic Tannehill is going to be god-awful.

MadDog 88
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM
If the Fins have the 1 and Tannehill plays well enough to be the future you still select Barkley at 1 then trade him. Teams won't be serious in trade negotiations if they don't believe you will select him. You have to show them you are serious then you can rake in a huge amount of compensation for him.

Hayden Fox
09-04-2012, 05:57 AM
If the Fins pick #1 overall than anything is on the table come April though I do hope Tannehill flashes enough talent that we could parlay picks. I think it is very possible the Fins have the worst record. Sad, but true.

finfan54
09-04-2012, 06:19 AM
If the Fins pick #1 overall than anything is on the table come April though I do hope Tannehill flashes enough talent that we could parlay picks. I think it is very possible the Fins have the worst record. Sad, but true.

how much money you want to put up on that notion? money talks. im sorry, we are playing the cardinals and rams and jets twice!

Hayden Fox
09-04-2012, 06:28 AM
how much money you want to put up on that notion? money talks. im sorry, we are playing the cardinals and rams and jets twice!

I do not bet plus arguing who is more futile is really not where I want my team to be Finfan 54.

prim3time
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Since when did we trade picks with the St Louis Rams, the Minnesota Vikings, the Cleveland Browns, the Jacksonville Jaguars, or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? :ponder:

Seriously, though...we won't have to worry about that since we WON'T be picking number 1 in 2013, or in the top 5 for that matter. :)

Pick 6? Dolphins can't even blow a season right :tubes:

Dsteve
09-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Stupid thread is stupid. We were bad last year and needed an 0-7 start to pick at 8. I feel like the team will look improved but finish around the same record give or take a few games. We only down graded at Wr. The o line should be better by subtraction even if Martin has a rough start. Tanny belongs in the nfl and Moore doesn't. Bell was old but safety is a huge concern for me, bigger than Wr and Davis was a bit of a lazy basterd. Not happy to see us dump talent and I wished we'd gotten more or just kept him but just like w Marshall but I can see why theyre gone. I'm more

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Pissed we didn't fill the hole at Wr in the draft. Whoever drafted egnew needs to go or have no say I'm future drafts.

CalDolFan10x14
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Pick 6? Dolphins can't even blow a season right :tubes:

Nice well thought out answer there, but who said anything about blowing a season before it even starts? :ponder:

Finfan4lyfe91
09-04-2012, 08:22 AM
If the Fins have the 1 and Tannehill plays well enough to be the future you still select Barkley at 1 then trade him. Teams won't be serious in trade negotiations if they don't believe you will select him. You have to show them you are serious then you can rake in a huge amount of compensation for him.
I 100% disagree... Look at what happened last year. People knew the rams were not going to select RGIII but they still received a kings ransom for him. If what you're saying is true they would have just waited to take him. There are too many QB hungry teams to risk not getting their future franchise QB. I hope ( and don't think ) we get put in this situation of what to do at pick 1 next April.

Nublar7
09-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Who do you think we will draft with the number 1 overall pick?

Keenan Allen, California?

Let's play the season first before talking about what draft pick the Dolphins get.

ChambersWI
09-04-2012, 09:21 AM
doubt we will be the number 1 overall pick

Canadi-Phin
09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
If we get the number 1 pick and Tannehill flashes I would be estatic to get all the picks Washington just got. We would be set and could rebuild very quickly. Especially if we only had to drop down to number 4 and still get the best Receiver or DE available. Would be awesome. But if Tannehill flashes I think that means we finish better than people think we will.

ticophin
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Anybody heard, or think about how stupid it would be to pick up back to back top 10 QBs? Dump the 1st one, before giving him a fair shot with REAL ammo, not the worst WR corps in the NFL? Not very smart...

SF Dolphin Fan
09-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Man, I hope we're not that bad. I can definitely see picking top 5-10, though. I think Keenan Allen would be a nice selection. It's either a wide receiver or a pass rusher like Barkovious (sp) Mingo.

Roman529
09-06-2012, 01:35 AM
If we get the #1 overall pick I think we would have to consider trading it down for a boatload of picks. We are NOT one player or one great QB away from being a contender. We need a lot of help on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I do like Woods and Allen, both great Pac-10 Receivers, but I think a trade down might be for the best. But this is still 7 months away.

Exuro
09-06-2012, 05:07 PM
The only way Miami picks Barkley 1st next year is if 2007 happens again. I know it's hard to believe, but the 2012 team isn't that bad.

EJay
09-06-2012, 08:28 PM
SMH......Matt Barkley. Can some one tell me the last time a USC QB was any good in the NFL

You never heard of Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick of the 2003 NFL draft? He was pretty good (2 pro bowls) until suffering a severe knee injury during the 2006 postseason. He was still pretty good afterward, but never quite developed into the elite QB he looked to be developing into prior to the injury. Still, he's a QB from USC that is "good" as you put it.

ticophin
09-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Trade down, get a late 1st round furious pass rusher, then with the 3 2nds get:
2 best WR on the board
1 Best TE on the Board
and with our 2 3rd rounders, CB and S.....how´s that for the first 3 rounds??

ChambersWI
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
You never heard of Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick of the 2003 NFL draft? He was pretty good (2 pro bowls) until suffering a severe knee injury during the 2006 postseason. He was still pretty good afterward, but never quite developed into the elite QB he looked to be developing into prior to the injury. Still, he's a QB from USC that is "good" as you put it.

People talk about the knee injury, but that was in his 3rd NFL season. He never missed a game because of that. He came back throwing 28 and 26 TDs in the next 2 seasons. What killed Palmer was the 2008 season, where people forget he tore up his elbow and had to have Tommy John Surgery. He came back the next year with 21 TDs but he wasn't the same guy.

BlueFin
09-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Do not rule out Barkley just yet my friend.

Even if we do have the 1st pick, we will trade down for a bonanza of picks.

I like Barkley....but you have to look at the awesome corp of receivers he has, he often just throws it up for grabs and his receivers are so much better than the guys covering them that they go get the ball.

Not dumping on Barkley, but I do think he gets a bit more credit than maybe he deserves.

Buff
09-09-2012, 04:11 AM

If you read my post, you will see that i did mention him in a reasonably positive manner.