PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Mckinnie released by Ravens

akfinfan
09-04-2012, 12:55 PM
McKinnie was just released. I know this is NOT Dolphins related YET, but this would be a good pickup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-mckinnie-released-ravens-164033075--nfl.html

finfan54
09-04-2012, 01:01 PM
hey theres a big name!!

datruth55
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
He's done. There's no drive left in him and he can't keep his weight down.

finfan54
09-04-2012, 01:04 PM
so we arent in need of a tackle...you read that everyone? we arent in need of a tackle, but the jets are. and we are the trainwreck?

akfinfan
09-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I would feel more comfortable with a fat Bryant McKinnie than J. Martin.....8 weeks from now that may not be the case, but right now I would start McKinnie over Martin.

phinatic1399
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
why would we slow the development of martin?

iamtiv
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe getting cut would be a wakeup call for McKinnie and he'd bust his ass for the next team that signs him. Not only that, but he could probably coach up the other tackles.

PhinMagic
09-04-2012, 01:14 PM
No thanks

akfinfan
09-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Why slow Tannehill's development with a RT that can't block all that well yet?

foozool13
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM
No Thanks.

Mogwai
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I've always wanted Mt McKinnie down here in a Dolphins uni, but at this point he seems pretty thoroughly done. Still, our T situation is dire. We have Long battling injury, an unready rookie RT and a converted TE as their only backup. We have few options left that have ever come close to playing at the level Bryant used to.

cuban_refugee
09-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Zounds
09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
He was only on the Ravens last year because they were so desperte for a tackle. He was a 1 year patch job they signed a week before the season started. The guy McKinnie replaced was worse than Columbo. He should have been out of football last year imo.

jason_taylor
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM

SAME REASON we need to go and find Tanny a vet WR , so he dosent get killed this season.

JFoxx
09-04-2012, 02:16 PM
A few years ago I would have loved to get him, but the last couple have been a disaster for him. First he washes out in Minn (overpriced, fat and lazy). So Balt signs him in hopes he would turn himself around after the Minn problems and if nothing else, to fill a huge hole they had for 1 year until they could get someone else. Now, for the same reasons Min cut him, he gets cut by the Ravens. Tanny would end up on his back more than he's already going to with McKennie at either tackle spot.

SpaceMountain16
09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
He's done. All I've heard about the guy for the last 2 years is that he's out of shape and can't play at the level he used to anymore because of that. If you can't get in shape to save your football career, you don't deserve a job.

illscriptures
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM
If he is somehow in shape he would be our 2nd best O-lineman.

edaniel1717
09-04-2012, 02:30 PM
no thanks. Martin will be fine at RT.....

Vertical Limit
09-04-2012, 02:41 PM
We need a good backup cause Martin gets his ass mauled and Long is injury prone.

finfan54
09-04-2012, 03:00 PM
This brings up some things on depth chart.

It has an illusional effect IMO. Jerry played LT in the pinch last year. Jerry though supposedly banged up with an ankle. Hicks has played tackle if I am not mistaken and Garner plays all 3 positions but I would never want him at T, he might replace RG so people move to T. Lets hope Jerry continues to get in better shape as season progresses and he gets some nasty. so far i like what i am seeing. It would be interesting if you see Yeatman suit up. yeatman i bet they have goaline tackle eligible plans for. If Yeatman has done a respectable job playing T....it could get interesting.

finfan54
09-04-2012, 03:04 PM
We need a good backup cause Martin gets his ass mauled and Long is injury prone.

once again, getting mauled is not or was not his problem. His problem was getting off the ball quickly and getting good first step. The last two games after Carolina he seemed to correct it. He was clearly getting off good and getting in front of his man. Just give it some time. The dude will get it down but he is facing big test this week and its healthy for him. Just have to run the ball with some authority.

Hayden Fox
09-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora (http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)
Bryant McKinnie's agent, Michael George, told me he just agreed to a restructured deal for McKinnie to remain a Raven

4get this option.

Vertical Limit
09-04-2012, 04:01 PM
once again, getting mauled is not or was not his problem. His problem was getting off the ball quickly and getting good first step. The last two games after Carolina he seemed to correct it. He was clearly getting off good and getting in front of his man. Just give it some time. The dude will get it down but he is facing big test this week and its healthy for him. Just have to run the ball with some authority.

Call it however you want to call it. Bottom line, he gets his ass kicked each preseason game. And he's not going to somehow gain more strength already. He's going to need an offseason for that. This will be a struggling year for him.

NRA
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
everyone seems to be missing the point that in this offense, philbin wants linemen who are smaller than most nfl line standards and are quick.

mckinnie is neither of those. so he wont be getting a call from ireland.

he would be a great choice for the jets as this is the prototype of what sparano likes. he runs a plodding, churn it out offense and BM is the poster boy for bahemoth road graders. hes lost a bit of drive, thats true, but, this has never stopped tony before!!

i dont like martin. horrible pic that high in the draft. and i am not so sure a year in the weight room is the answer. but, that is one of his problems, he is not strong at all for an o-lineman. he gets shoved around more than perez hilton at a hells angels party!

if we had a vet rt with some real game left in him, i would start him at this point as tanny can get killed from the right side just as well from the left.