PDA

View Full Version : Classic New York Post

phinfoot
09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/new-york-post-jets-clown-car-picture/152807

Gonzo
09-05-2012, 10:25 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/new-york-post-jets-clown-car-picture/152807

:lol: I bought a copy this morning.

nerfball
09-05-2012, 10:27 AM
LOL, that is brutal.

Gonzo
09-05-2012, 10:31 AM
In before nyjunc's usual "oh yeah, well, your team...blah blah blah."

Slim
09-05-2012, 10:35 AM
That's Vaark-esque. Classic stuff :D

J. David Wannyheimer
09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
That's amazing. It's just missing Sparano.

CalDolFan1014
09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
:sidelol: Too funny!

nyjunc
09-05-2012, 01:13 PM
That's Vaark-esque. Classic stuff :D

No it's not vaark-esque b/c this picture was actual funny not some bad, amateur photoshop.

13ktownguy
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Hillarious!!

MadDog 88
09-06-2012, 07:09 AM
But true. Now Holmes has come out and said Sanchez was stunned and questioned the trade for Tebow when he initially heard about it. No shock except to the homers who actually believe that Sanchez is not hurt deep down.

nyjunc
09-06-2012, 07:52 AM
But true. Now Holmes has come out and said Sanchez was stunned and questioned the trade for Tebow when he initially heard about it. No shock except to the homers who actually believe that Sanchez is not hurt deep down.

who caeres if he was or still is hurt? All he has to do is perform.

MadDog 88
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM
who caeres if he was or still is hurt? All he has to do is perform.

Quite the change in thoughts my friend. You said words to the effect that Sanchez was the consummate team player who only wanted what's best for the team. Guess not huh?

nyjunc
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Quite the change in thoughts my friend. You said words to the effect that Sanchez was the consummate team player who only wanted what's best for the team. Guess not huh?

Huh? I don't think I have ever said that but yes I do believe that. What does that have to do w/ him being confused when he heard about the deal? has he uttered a peep about it or has he been nothing but professional through the offseason, TC and preseason?

MadDog 88
09-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Actually he has said all the right things for now but I am pretty certain that the first time he drives the Jets downfield into the RedZone then gets pulled for Tebow, he won't be a happy camper. And as this trend continues it will only get worse. As it should.

Kinzua
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM

As would anybody with half a brain, and while I don't think that Sanchez is a very good QB, he's NOT a moron, which is more than I can say for Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan. Those two are seriously delusional and moronic because they seem to really think that the single wing or wildcat can be a major part of a viable NFL offense -- and their desire to take the Jets offense back to the 1930s or whenever the single wing was last viable as a regular formation pre-dates Timmy Tebow.

I originally thought that Woody Johnson wanted Tebow for his publicity value, but reading through the thread on Parcells and the 2009 draft yesterday, I "connected the dots" of some fragmentary facts that I happened to read about since last football season. Here they are:

Tannenbaum and Ryan and some other Jets staff attended some kind of retreat/gathering with some unnamed individual who inspired them. Many Jets fans think that might have been Parcells.
Tannenbaum is a Parcells worshipper.
Rex Ryan is his father's son who thinks the offense is a necessary evil.
Tannenbaum hired Tony Sparano, failed Miami HC and Parcells buddy/worshipper.
Tannenbaum attempted to hire former Miami QB coach, David Lee, but he signed with the Bills.
Tannenbaum signed FA QB Drew Stanton to be the Jets backup QB.
Tannenbaum traded a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow and jettisoned Stanton after he complained.
Ryan and Sparano continually yapped about how Tebow was going to get "up to 20 snaps" a game (which is about 1/3 of the offensive snaps).
Ryan and Sparano then talked about using Tebow as a threat in the red zone.
Except for picking WR Stephen Hill in the 2nd round, the Jets ignored their offense in the 2012 draft except for a couple of late round picks. Notably, Hill came out of a spread option offense in which passing was so limited that he caught fewer than 50 passes in his NCAA career.
Ryan and Sparano held a "super secret" practice session to work on their "wild cat".
The Jets first team offense looked inept in the preseason, failing to score a TD, but the players insist that they'll be good in the regular season. False bravado? Wishful thinking? Praying for the Miracle of the Single Wing/Wildcat?

I've mentioned before that I thought Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano were angling to eliminate the forward pass from the Jets offense, but I did that jokingly. Now, looking at all these pieces, I'm NOT joking. I think these idiots really believe their own delusions.

J. David Wannyheimer
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
As would anybody with half a brain, and while I don't think that Sanchez is a very good QB, he's NOT a moron, which is more than I can say for Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan. Those two are seriously delusional and moronic because they seem to really think that the single wing or wildcat can be a major part of a viable NFL offense -- and their desire to take the Jets offense back to the 1930s or whenever the single wing was last viable as a regular formation pre-dates Timmy Tebow.

I originally thought that Woody Johnson wanted Tebow for his publicity value, but reading through the thread on Parcells and the 2009 draft yesterday, I "connected the dots" of some fragmentary facts that I happened to read about since last football season. Here they are:

Tannenbaum and Ryan and some other Jets staff attended some kind of retreat/gathering with some unnamed individual who inspired them. Many Jets fans think that might have been Parcells.
Tannenbaum is a Parcells worshipper.
Rex Ryan is his father's son who thinks the offense is a necessary evil.
Tannenbaum hired Tony Sparano, failed Miami HC and Parcells buddy/worshipper.
Tannenbaum attempted to hire former Miami QB coach, David Lee, but he signed with the Bills.
Tannenbaum signed FA QB Drew Stanton to be the Jets backup QB.
Tannenbaum traded a fourth round pick for Tim Tebow and jettisoned Stanton after he complained.
Ryan and Sparano continually yapped about how Tebow was going to get "up to 20 snaps" a game (which is about 1/3 of the offensive snaps).
Ryan and Sparano then talked about using Tebow as a threat in the red zone.
Except for picking WR Stephen Hill in the 2nd round, the Jets ignored their offense in the 2012 draft except for a couple of late round picks. Notably, Hill came out of a spread option offense in which passing was so limited that he caught fewer than 50 passes in his NCAA career.
Ryan and Sparano held a "super secret" practice session to work on their "wild cat".
The Jets first team offense looked inept in the preseason, failing to score a TD, but the players insist that they'll be good in the regular season. False bravado? Wishful thinking? Praying for the Miracle of the Single Wing/Wildcat?

I've mentioned before that I thought Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano were angling to eliminate the forward pass from the Jets offense, but I did that jokingly. Now, looking at all these pieces, I'm NOT joking. I think these idiots really believe their own delusions.

We can only hope.

PhinzN703
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Junc trusts his eyes and truths so the New York Post photo is wrong.

Vaark
09-09-2012, 08:28 AM
FWIW I created this one when Baby Jesus came to town..long before that cover.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/adgs90-1.jpg

Oh and as to the most disingenuous, clueless and embarrassing homer on this site (and it looks like on TGG also):

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/6og6rr-1.jpg

erasmus
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
well...this entire post becomes pointless.

nyjunc
09-10-2012, 07:53 AM
will kinzua and the other Bills fans show up today or disappear like usual?

JETSJETSJETS
09-10-2012, 10:45 AM

If today was March 2013, then yeah they would show up today.

MadDog 88
09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
My gut tells me know but we'll see. Congrats on a good week 1.

jetsknicks1
09-10-2012, 11:30 AM
If today was March 2013, then yeah they would show up today.Kinzua is on the Pats forum I frequent as well, hasn't been on there either. What a shocker!

nyjunc
09-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Kinzua is on the Pats forum I frequent as well, hasn't been on there either. What a shocker!

I have no problem w/ any fans, obviously we are opposing fans on a rival board but show up win or lose. Does it affect our lives where we can't show up? if the Jets win or lose we have to go to work or school the next day, so what opposing fans may have bargging rights after a particular game or season? suck it up and take your lumps when your team loses. That's why I don't respect those Bills fans on this board.

jetsknicks1
09-11-2012, 08:28 AM
I have no problem w/ any fans, obviously we are opposing fans on a rival board but show up win or lose. Does it affect our lives where we can't show up? if the Jets win or lose we have to go to work or school the next day, so what opposing fans may have bargging rights after a particular game or season? suck it up and take your lumps when your team loses. That's why I don't respect those Bills fans on this board.Yup! If you're going to be here before the game, be here after. Win or lose.

NYCBillsFan
09-11-2012, 09:31 PM

Good game nyjunk...... Good to see you're not gloating........

BTW, great game for the Jets. Absolutely manhandled the Bills. It's only one loss, but red flags are popping up all over in Billsville (Tough to call yourself Bills Nation when the team puts forth that lackluster of a performance)....

We'll see you guys again in week 17, hopefully injury free and for the AFCE division title......

NYCBillsFan
09-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I have no problem w/ any fans, obviously we are opposing fans on a rival board but show up win or lose. Does it affect our lives where we can't show up? if the Jets win or lose we have to go to work or school the next day, so what opposing fans may have bargging rights after a particular game or season? suck it up and take your lumps when your team loses. That's why I don't respect those Bills fans on this board.

Because some of us have lives and don't circle Finheaven every day, you don't respect that? Sorry I don't have your free time..........

nyjunc
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Because some of us have lives and don't circle Finheaven every day, you don't respect that? Sorry I don't have your free time..........

This may not be directed at you but those that don't show up. You have time when things are going well for the Bills but miracullously when they lose you are swamped? come on. It takes 2 mins to come in here and acknowledge what happened. If it happebed once or twice I could buy it but it's all the time w/ most of the Bills fans on here.

W/ that said, as awful as you lookeed and as good as we looked it is only one game in a long season.

jetsknicks1
09-12-2012, 09:38 AM
This may not be directed at you but those that don't show up. You have time when things are going well for the Bills but miracullously when they lose you are swamped? come on. It takes 2 mins to come in here and acknowledge what happened. If it happebed once or twice I could buy it but it's all the time w/ most of the Bills fans on here.

W/ that said, as awful as you lookeed and as good as we looked it is only one game in a long season. For me, it's all directed at Kinzua. He was on the Pats forum for 2 weeks talking ****e about the Jets and how the Bills would manhandle them, then after the exact opposite happens, he just disapears. weak, very weak.

PhinzN703
09-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Being too busy is a poor excuse for not being on this site. You don't actually have to acknowledge anything on here but if you did talk **** beforehand and disappear after, it's best if you manned up and paid your dues.

BleedinGreenNC
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Being too busy is a poor excuse for not being on this site. You don't actually have to acknowledge anything on here but if you did talk **** beforehand and disappear after, it's best if you manned up and paid your dues.

Your good people, for a Phinz fan! :brewskis:

NYCBillsFan
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM

W/ that said, as awful as you lookeed and as good as we looked it is only one game in a long season.

The funny thing is after the game, I remembered back to 2003 when the Bills smacked the Pats 31-0 on opening day, then the Pats went on to a 14-2 season with a SB win, and the Bills finished 6-10, with a 31-0 beatdown by the Pats in week 17.

The huge difference is that the Pats had proven they could win the whole enchilada, and the Bills are 12 straight years of early golf. I'd love for both teams (Bills & Jets) to enter 11-4 with the AFCE crown on the line, but it's very tough to be enthusiastic about watching the same mistakes happen today that you've seen in years gone by and think the results will be different. Solid win by the Jets in all phases of the game. Good luck the rest of the way. Here's to an injury free AFCE battle this year......