PDA

View Full Version : What Dolphin players are worth drafting?

Boy From School
09-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I planning on joining ESPN fantasy.

I was thinking of drafting Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas and Anthony Fasano as bench players. What about Tannehill? Do
you think they could contribute to my team or should I just look at other players.

Gonzo
09-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Reggie Bush mid-round and maybe Carpenter in the last round. Bess and Fasano as a backup TE in deeper leagues.

MarshallFin1
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Bush and Tannehill. Take bush early and tannenhill really late. Bush will contribute alot for you and tannehill is your bench sleeper, could be a steal if he turns out to be our franchise qb. Taking tannenhill late does not hurt you if he doesnt contribute this year, he is a bench player for you and a draft pick that does not matter. With bush you know what you are getting. If used correctly he will be our darren sproles of New orleans. I'd stay away from fasano and daniel thomas though, thomas wont get much carries and fasano is not reliable.

Gonzo
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Bush and Tannehill. Take bush early and tannenhill really late. Bush will contribute alot for you and tannehill is your bench sleeper, could be a steal if he turns out to be our franchise qb. Taking tannenhill late does not hurt you if he doesnt contribute this year, he is a bench player for you and a draft pick that does not matter. With bush you know what you are getting. If used correctly he will be our darren sproles of New orleans. I'd stay away from fasano and daniel thomas though, thomas wont get much carries and fasano is not reliable.I'd take Luck or Wilson as the sleeper rookies. They have more weapons to work with at this point, and with that D in Indy, they'll have to rely on him a lot more than we will with Tannehill.

MarshallFin1
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I'd take Luck or Wilson as the sleeper rookies. They have more weapons to work with at this point, and with that D in Indy, they'll have to rely on him a lot more than we will with Tannehill.

luck is not a sleeper pick because you have to use an early draft pick to get him. Wilson yea but tannenhill is a better option than him.

Gonzo
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
luck is not a sleeper pick because you have to use an early draft pick to get him. Wilson yea but tannenhill is a better option than him.

Somebody drafted him early in your league? Lucky you!

No offense, but I think that opinion is more from your heart than your head. Wilson has a good running game and good receivers and a better TE at the moment. Tannehill may end up being the better QB in real life, but in fantasy football, Wilson is hands down the better pickup right now.

MarshallFin1
09-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Somebody drafted him early in your league? Lucky you!

No offense, but I think that opinion is more from your heart than your head. Wilson has a good running game and good receivers and a better TE at the moment. Tannehill may end up being the better QB in real life, but in fantasy football, Wilson is hands down the better pickup right now.

thats your opinion, not that early but yea you have to use a mid-round pick to get him. He was the 1st overall pick of the draft what u expect? we will agree to disagree. tanny >> wilson imo.

JCane
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Dan Carpenter.

Gonzo
09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
thats your opinion, not that early but yea you have to use a mid-round pick to get him. He was the 1st overall pick of the draft what u expect? we will agree to disagree. tanny >> wilson imo.

Fantasy-wise this year? I just don't see it. I think Tannehill can have a solid year in real life, but we're not talking real life. Hell, the only leagues I'm in that had Tannehill drafted were ones made up of Phins fans (as a backup bench rider of course). Just my opinion, but I take Wilson over Tannehill in fantasy at this point by a good margin. Again, that's more of a statement of his available weapons vs. Tannehill's than it is a statement of their ability as QBs.

Dolfan3773
09-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm in a 16 team league and I drafted Tannehill with my last pick as my backup QB

Gonzo
09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm in a 16 team league and I drafted Tannehill with my last pick as my backup QB

Definitely reasonable in bigger leagues and good value that late. And you could do a lot worse (*cough* Tebow *cough*).

MarshallFin1
09-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Fantasy-wise this year? I just don't see it. I think Tannehill can have a solid year in real life, but we're not talking real life. Hell, the only leagues I'm in that had Tannehill drafted were ones made up of Phins fans (as a backup bench rider of course). Just my opinion, but I take Wilson over Tannehill in fantasy at this point by a good margin. Again, that's more of a statement of his available weapons vs. Tannehill's than it is a statement of their ability as QBs.

thats just it, its a toss up, you dont know who will be better, you go with who u feel will be better. Taking tannehill with your last pick does not hurt you at all, its a pick that doesnt matter.