PDA

View Full Version : For those who didnt want Peyton Manning to MIA

Blake the great
09-09-2012, 11:56 PM
You are all idiots

SpaceMountain16
09-09-2012, 11:58 PM
He looked WAY better than I expected tonight. I thought he was fried. I mean I guess we'll see if he lasts the season, but I wanted no part of the guy. Clearly wrong.

Spesh
09-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Great thread, would read again.

SebasMiamiFan
09-10-2012, 12:00 AM
He wasn't coming here regardless of what people think on Finheaven. Why would he? This team is rebuilding.

Blake the great
09-10-2012, 12:00 AM
He looked WAY better than I expected tonight. I thought he was fried. I mean I guess we'll see if he lasts the season, but I wanted no part of the guy. Clearly wrong.

Thats all I wanted to hear

SpaceMountain16
09-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Although yeah, he didn't want to come here - So it's really kind of irrelevant.

TheJetsBlow
09-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Those of you who thought he was ever coming here are all idiots.

TheWarriorFins
09-10-2012, 12:03 AM
We would never match denvers offer and he didn't want to come here so I guess this thread is just to rub it in?

Finland
09-10-2012, 12:06 AM
He wasn't coming here regardless of what people think on Finheaven. Why would he? This team is rebuilding. He didn't not come here because we are rebuilding, he and others like him didn't come here because they don't like our management. They are smart!

madisonfan90
09-10-2012, 12:07 AM
You are all idiots

I wanted him all along. Look at them. Look at us...

J. David Wannyheimer
09-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't kid yourself. Peyton Manning had one hundred million reasons to choose Denver.

He never took less money in Indy and he certainly wasn't going to do so in free agency.

SebasMiamiFan
09-10-2012, 12:08 AM
He didn't not come here because we are rebuilding, he and others like him didn't come here because they don't like our management. They are smart!

That's one reason. Another reason is that Denver had a ton of cap space.

Spesh
09-10-2012, 12:08 AM
He didn't not come here because we are rebuilding, he and others like him didn't come here because they don't like our management. They are smart!

He didnt come here because we didnt kidnap him. Clearly our front office doesnt want a winner.

A few weeks chained to a radiator forcing him to listen to our T-pain Miami Dolphins fight song and im sure he would have signed with us on the cheap.

CalDolFan10x14
09-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Feel better about yourself now? :lol:

Blake the great
09-10-2012, 12:13 AM
It Just blew my mind that quite a few people on here were actually AGAINST signing Peyton Manning, still does. I understand the reasons why he wouldnt come here and I support Tannehill but I had to express my feelings to the nay sayers who thought signing Peyton Manning was a bad idea. He's Peyton F'ing Manning!!! thats why you pay him the big bucks

Blake the great
09-10-2012, 12:16 AM

Yes I feel a little better now, It really irratated me at the time that people actually didnt want Peyton Manning, so I had to say it

KTOWNFINFAN
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
I for one wouldn't trade RT for him right now straight up. Peyton is MUCH better than Ryan will probably ever be, but even with Peyton we aren't winning a superbowl and he is nearing the end of his career. Ryan is our future, good or bad, and we need a future not a one or two year patch up. We will grow and build with a YOUNG QB not a QB in the twilight of his career. I am excited about our future with Ryan and think/hope we can put the pieces in place around him to be a championship team again. It's not going to happen this year or next but it wouldnt have with Peyton either.

Blake the great
09-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I for one wouldn't trade RT for him right now straight up. Peyton is MUCH better than Ryan will probably ever be, but even with Peyton we aren't winning a superbowl and he is nearing the end of his career. Ryan is our future, good or bad, and we need a future not a one or two year patch up. We will grow and build with a YOUNG QB not a QB in the twilight of his career. I am excited about our future with Ryan and think/hope we can put the pieces in place around him to be a championship team again. It's not going to happen this year or next but it wouldnt have with Peyton either.

I think the ideal plan was to let Manning play now and let Tannehill learn, ala Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

SpaceMountain16
09-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Nobody is winning a Super Bowl with Peyton, because Peyton doesn't "WIN SUPERBOWLS."

He won ONE.

ONE and done.

He's not even the right guy for this team because THIS team needs a full rebuild. Not a guy to get us to 9-7, sneak into the playoffs and get us pasted by the Ravens in the first round. Even if as FANS that's what we'd like to see - It just wouldn't have been the right move.

Casas9425
09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Peyton would win a Super Bowl with this team with Brandon Marshall.

CalDolFan10x14
09-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes I feel a little better now, It really irratated me at the time that people actually didnt want Peyton Manning, so I had to say it

:rolleyes2: Calm down there, dude. Besides, does it really mattered who wanted Peyton here? Yes, it would've been nice to have him here, but he didn't want to be here and that's all that matters AFAIC. He's only got 2-3 years left in the NFL at most...we need to develop a QB for the future anyways and that's exactly what we're doing.

SebasMiamiFan
09-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Peyton would win a Super Bowl with this team with Brandon Marshall.

Peyton with Marshall and some good WRs drafted with Sherman as the OC would have been fun.

Roman529
09-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Many people say that he was primarily interested in going to Denver because of Elway....I bet if Stephen Ross would have gotten Marino to talk to Manning and maybe offered Manning an ownership percentage in the team, like he did with the Williams Sisters, Fergie, J-Lo, etc maybe that would have convinced him.....but with Ireland around and all of the clown moves he has made I am sure Peyton decided to look elsewhere. From my understanding, Manning has a house around South Beach so he must love the area, but he probably didn't care much for the ownership and front office. Oh well....can't change the past.

SpaceMountain16
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Many people say that he was primarily interested in going to Denver because of Elway....I bet if Stephen Ross would have gotten Marino to talk to Manning and maybe offered Manning an ownership percentage in the team, like he did with the Williams Sisters, Fergie, J-Lo, etc maybe that would have convinced him.....but with Ireland around and all of the clown moves he has made I am sure Peyton decided to look elsewhere. From my understanding, Manning has a house around South Beach so he must love the area, but he probably didn't care much for the ownership and front office. Oh well....can't change the past.

I think he did?

MacGruber1
09-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Is the OP Skip Bayless?

J. David Wannyheimer
09-10-2012, 12:59 AM

You can't just offer a player ownership percentage in a team like that. It's compensation. It counts against the salary cap.

Why do you think he didn't choose San Francisco or Tennessee? San Francisco has a great team all around, he would have a great chance to win a Super Bowl there. He went to school in Tennessee and loves the area.

They couldn't match a 4 year 100 million dollar offer.

Roman529
09-10-2012, 01:05 AM
You can't just offer a player ownership percentage in a team like that. It's compensation. It counts against the salary cap.

Why do you think he didn't choose San Francisco or Tennessee? San Francisco has a great team all around, he would have a great chance to win a Super Bowl there. He went to school in Tennessee and loves the area.

They couldn't match a 4 year 100 million dollar offer.

Yeah but what if Ross told Manning that when he retired he would be offered an ownership stake in the Dolphins...how would that count against the cap? I think Mr. Bowlen of the Broncos did the same thing with John Elway.

J. David Wannyheimer
09-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah but what if Ross told Manning that when he retired he would be offered an ownership stake in the Dolphins...how would that count against the cap? I think Mr. Bowlen of the Broncos did the same thing with John Elway.

I'll give you two choices:

Option 1) $100,000,000 contract in writing, with a boatload of it up front, right now. You will join a team that made the playoffs last season with the worst QB in the NFL behind the helm. You will play in a weak division and you have tremendously explosive young weapons to work with in the form of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Option 2) $30,000,000 contract, with the bulk of the money coming in year two, and I promise I will give you a 2% ownership stake in the team when you retire. Assuming I'm still the owner at that time. Also, you're joining a team that went 6-10, plays in the same division as the Patriots, and your outside weapon is Brian Hartline.

He's not a ****ing moron. Or did you think that Steve Ross is the moron, and that he would promise him like 10% of the team or more?

arcadiafinfan
09-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Damn right I feel better. I was right you was wrong.
What did I just say.....I was right you was wrong.

Spesh
09-10-2012, 01:21 AM

Pretty sure that proved to be illegal by the CBA. The Titans essentially offered him that deal. It obvious never happened, but the NFL came out with a statement about that.

edit: huh, look at that. Googled it to check and see and apparently it was legal. To tired to search around to see if the NFL actually did come out with a statement, and ownership is probably different, but unless im mistaken it looks legit.

Tennessee Titans (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/team/tennessee-titans/67047) owner Bud Adams said he plans to offer Peyton Manning (http://www.finheaven.com/nfl/player/peyton-manning/69814) a contract that would make the star quarterback a member of his franchise “for life.”
He actually can do it, too

FOXSports.com has learned that kind of unusual arrangement isn’t barred under NFL rules. It also could set a precedent for other franchises that might want to sweeten the pot when courting star players

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-tennessee-titans-can-offer-lifetime-deal-031512

arcadiafinfan
09-10-2012, 01:30 AM
<<<<He didn't not come here because we are rebuilding, he and others like him didn't come here because they don't like our management. They are smart!>>>>

That's one reason. Another reason is that Denver had a ton of cap space.

the top reason is we are a dysfunctional organization.

Roman529
09-10-2012, 01:32 AM

Option 1) $100,000,000 contract in writing, with a boatload of it up front, right now. You will join a team that made the playoffs last season with the worst QB in the NFL behind the helm. You will play in a weak division and you have tremendously explosive young weapons to work with in the form of Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Option 2) $30,000,000 contract, with the bulk of the money coming in year two, and I promise I will give you a 2% ownership stake in the team when you retire. Assuming I'm still the owner at that time. Also, you're joining a team that went 6-10, plays in the same division as the Patriots, and your outside weapon is Brian Hartline.

He's not a ****ing moron. Or did you think that Steve Ross is the moron, and that he would promise him like 10% of the team or more?

It happens all the time....Bowlen with Elway.....The Browns with Bernie Kosar.....they work out certain arrangements which don't always involve money. The Penguins did the same thing with Mario LeMieux. You can offer people ownership or positions within the organization after they retire. I am sure Peyton Manning has more than enough money to live on very happily, but money still talks. I think Ross spent a little over a billion to buy the Phins in 2008. The team probably hasn't gone up in value, but I am sure it is still worth a billion, but with the economy in Florida going downhill and the stadium getting old, Ross may decide to get out while he can break even?

arcadiafinfan
09-10-2012, 01:33 AM

In business world, Ross is a genius. In football, Ross is a moron.
Case in point, Ireland is still around.

CalDolFan10x14
09-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Damn right I feel better. I was right you was wrong.
What did I just say.....I was right you was wrong.

Good for you man, now maybe you want a cookie or something? :ponder:

Wildbill3
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
who didn't want peyton? are you just attention whoring?

J. David Wannyheimer
09-10-2012, 10:12 AM
who didn't want peyton? are you just attention whoring?

I didn't and still don't. Gimping your salary cap for four years to bring in a guy who might not even play two -- and you're not sure what you will get from him week to week -- is stupid.

We need a franchise QB, not another stopgap.

Wildbill3
09-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I didn't and still don't. Gimping your salary cap for four years to bring in a guy who might not even play two -- and you're not sure what you will get from him week to week -- is stupid.

We need a franchise QB, not another stopgap.thanks! I don't think you're an idiot tho. however the op... maybe he and vince young have the same education.

OrangeCrush2724
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Nobody is winning a Super Bowl with Peyton, because Peyton doesn't "WIN SUPERBOWLS."

He won ONE.

ONE and done.

Dan Marino doesn't win Superbowls. Nobody is winning with Dan Marino. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

OrangeCrush2724
09-10-2012, 01:19 PM

Although I agree that Manning is a 2-3 year stop gap player, he autmatically makes you competitive. If Manning would want to come to the Dolphins, do you actually believe they don't find money in the mattress for him?

Also, the deal that he signed is full of incentives regarding his health. Trust me, they aren't mortgaging the future if he can't play anymore.

CedarPhin
09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I never wanted Manning either and didn't think he'd come here. There were the False Hope Rally(s) that we had where he was going to be the centerpiece of the team, but I never thought he'd come. Not that I really wanted him anyway.

Our luck, Miami would have signed him, he'd have taken a big hit in the first TC practice and would have been done for his career. That's the way things go around here.

Blake the great
09-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Same lame excuse people were saying when Manning was a free agent. I know this is a crazy idea but maybe we could have signed Manning and still drafted Tannehill :crazy:
Let Manning play as long as he can, let Tannehill learn from the best, and if Manning only plays 2 more seasons, then Tannehill could have taken the reigns. Kinda like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers in GB.