PDA

View Full Version : Check this

Dolfan984
02-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Alright, I'm playing Prime Time in our league game. I was in my normal 2 TE set, I call an audible for a different play (same set) and then I reverse the play (Cause it was better for the left side and not the right side) I run the play and he ****s up with his CB and Calico gets a TD. He then pauses and says "You broke a rule"
"You ran two audibles, give me a free TD"

Should reversing the original audible count as a 2nd audible thus be illegal? or should reversing a play not count as an audible...

Dolfan984
02-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Here's the rule:

2. NO more than one audible is allowed per play. We don't want people messing others up by constantly calling audibles to get the defense out of position. That is cheap. Also if you have called a 5 receiver set. You MUST STAY in that formation. You can not audible out cause this will put a wr at rb. Same goes for Quarter and Nickel defenses as they may put faster dbs in spots on the d-line.

Remember I audibled to the exact same formation and one of the audibles was just reversing the first audible

Baz
02-19-2004, 03:13 AM
I think its fair. Your 2nd audible didn't cause a formation mismatch or anything, which is what the audible rule was meant to do. These rules are getting abused IMO......

iceblizzard69
02-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Some of these rules are just ****ing stupid. What you did was fair, and it wasn't an audible anyway.

I think the multiple audible rule is lame because you can call the wrong audible by accident. You should be allowed to audible as much as you want.

Baz
02-19-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm gonna challenge that rule. I call on average about 3 audibles per play. Same formation, I just see what the defense is and change my play depending on what I see. That certainly isn't cheating......

Prime Time
02-20-2004, 01:16 AM
We pretty much did it so you can't cheese, some people would audible and get WRs turn into FBs etc. etc. As long as nothing like that happens, or you do not hike the ball when defenders are chasing to catch up, then it is okay.

Dolfan984
02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Dude, you were bitching so bad when that happened. I imagine the same happened with all the other complaints against you.

Predaphin
02-21-2004, 01:42 PM
It WAS legal if you ask me, heh, ive called 2 audibles sometimes , but by accident, sometimes i call the wrong aduible and have to audible back or audible to the play i want, I Do agree however, that you are NOT allowed to audible a WR to the TE or RB position....as long as you dont do that, seems fair to me.