PDA

View Full Version : This past draft

DSerpa
09-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Just for fun...if not Tannehill, who did you want drafted in the first round at that time? did they fare any better and/or made any impact in their first game? I wanted Quinton Coples and was ok with going with Matt Moore.. I dont think he did anything in his first game lol

phintim
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Well the receiver from ND would have been the pick if not the RT but after that the LB from BC would have been the safest pick with impact for our team.

SizzlingFins04
09-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Have the FO grow a sack and move up to get luck.. falcons made their big move to grab julio jones and look how that is playing out..

DKphin
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Kuechly. We would finally have a LB that could cover a TE

C l u t c H 385
09-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Have the FO grow a sack and move up to get luck.. falcons made their big move to grab julio jones and look how that is playing out..

You do know the other team has to agree on trades right?

J. David Wannyheimer
09-11-2012, 12:01 AM

So in this parallel universe we're talking about in which the Dolphins' FO 'grows a sack,' the Colts' FO simultaneously loses a brain?

uk_dolfan
09-11-2012, 12:05 AM

And give what? Our first round pick for the next six years?

Spesh
09-11-2012, 12:05 AM
Just for fun...if not Tannehill, who did you want drafted in the first round at that time? did they fare any better and/or made any impact in their first game? I wanted Quinton Coples and was ok with going with Matt Moore.. I dont think he did anything in his first game lol

Didnt have much of an opinion because i was cynically betting on us drafting David DeCastro(great player pre-blown knee, but still an offensive lineman), but the guy i did like was Melvin Ingram. Think he forced a fumble though it was kinda a gimme.

flip5071
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
agreed

mrbunglez
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I wanted them to draft Tannehill over anyone else. Was actually jumping up and down when they did draft him.

Mogwai
09-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd have taken Tannehill, but if he was out of the equation I would have considered topping the deal the Redskins made to move up. If not, Kuechly or Coples. Other offensive players I liked in the first 4 rounds were Hill, Wilson, Hilton, Massie, Childs. I'd probably have gone Tannehill, Hill, Massie, Hilton. But maybe Kuechly, Hill, Wilson, Massie.

Spiff
09-11-2012, 02:00 AM
I wanted them to draft Tannehill over anyone else. Was actually jumping up and down when they did draft him.
Same here

Pinkboy
09-11-2012, 03:51 AM
I started a thread on it before the draft and wanted this guy:

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?317776-Give-me-impact-and-leadership-for-once-Want-impact-amp-a-leader-Draft-Kuechly-at-8&highlight=

And if anyone has been paying attention he has been an absolute stud since his first PS game looking years beyond his age. Definitely the front-runner for rookie of the year on his side of the ball if he stays healthy. And if he stays healthy throughout his career I predict hall of fame material (don't laugh, I'm f*ckin serious... I know pure gold when I see it)... or at the very least a good amount of hall of fame votes when all is said and done.

H4wt Pocket
09-11-2012, 05:44 AM
Even though we needed help on offense, I really wanted to get Luke Kuechly. Thought he could be the second coming of Zach Thomas for us.

Fin Thirteen
09-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Upshaw. Shared a sack and had a QB hit for the Ravens last night against the Bungles. Didn't see it. He's had an injury during preseason, so hard to know how he'll pan out. I think he's legit.

Fletcher Cox was the other guy I liked. Had a sack against the Browns. Seems like he did OK, kept Weeden on the back foot all night. Very early to tell.

WaxOn WaxOff
09-11-2012, 06:55 AM
I wanted Coples, but Kuechly may have been the best pick. I didn't want Tannehill and got blasted for that opinion. He is a nice guy, but T A&M led pretty much every game at halftime and lost half of them. I can't see past that stat, I'm myopic.

WaxOn WaxOff
09-11-2012, 07:20 AM
I see Tannehill as a good bogey golfer. You know, the guy who hits most shots as good as the scratch golfer, yet always finds a way to make bogey. Uh-oh, here come the thumbs-down crew.....

Danny
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
I was fine with us taking Tanny but in the 2nd round I wanted a WR to give him a weapon like Indy did with Luck. They game him a top TE to throw to. We needed a WR in round 2. I think Martin will be a god player for us but I wanted a playmaker, not another lineman.

Ozzy rules!!

datruth55
09-11-2012, 08:10 AM
I wanted Coples, but Kuechly may have been the best pick. I didn't want Tannehill and got blasted for that opinion. He is a nice guy, but T A&M led pretty much every game at halftime and lost half of them. I can't see past that stat, I'm myopic.
Surprisingly TAMU did the same exact thing this past weekend without Tannehill at QB...they lost the lead at halftime...imagine that.

dolpns13
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Michael Floyd definitely

SuperMarksBros.
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I was fine with Tanny at 8. It was the 2nd round that was the killer. I was so excited when Stephen Hill dropped to us. But Ireland just could not resist the lure...offensive lineman.

LordPicklewagon
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I was fine with Tanny at 8. It was the 2nd round that was the killer. I was so excited when Stephen Hill dropped to us. But Ireland just could not resist the lure...offensive lineman.

Yep. I was hoping for Alshon Jeffrey myself but u knew an olineman was gonna be picked with either our first or second. He just can't help himself. Sigh

72champagne
09-11-2012, 09:58 AM
best player available, kuechly then reach for tannehill or wilson in the 2nd. a guard or wr in the 3rd and 4th.

BlueFin
09-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Comparing the quarterback position to other positions as to an opening day first start is apples an oranges.........................this is a quarterback driven league and we didn't have one...you can have all the luke Kuechly's you want...without a QB it will mean nothing.

gsuth206
09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I wouldnt want to give up what the Skins did to land RGIII

dolpns13
09-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I wouldnt want to give up what the Skins did to land RGIII

If you get the same player that started for Washington this week, every week, you absolutely make that trade - no question.

mrbunglez
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM

That's who I was hoping for in the 2nd round, Stephen Hill. But they picked up Martin and I was like WTF?

finfan54
09-13-2012, 11:01 PM
QB and RT were our biggest holes. easy to play 20/20. it really is.

I think we did pretty good in this draft. Next year is WR/CB. Ireland has always filled a hole in the draft early.

PSU Cane
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
If not Tannehill, i wanted Kuechly.....no question. He's Zach Thomas, only bigger, stronger and faster. How can you go wrong with that??

Wildbill3
09-17-2012, 06:20 PM
if we'd gotten flynn (ugh) or smith, I go BPA in the first. Even if we'd gotten manning I draft a QB in the 1st or second because manning is on borrowed time.

SF Dolphin Fan
09-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I wanted Ryan Tannehill or Luke Kuechly. Not sure how Kuechly is doing in Carolina.