PDA

View Full Version : US Ambassador to Libya Killed

LouPhinFan
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday strongly condemned the killing of the United States ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, in a rocket attack on the U.S. Consulate in the city of Benghazi on Tuesday.

He called the attack "outrageous," and confirmed that four Americans, including Stevens, were killed.

"Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States," Obama said.

Stevens was the first U.S. ambassador to be killed in an attack since 1979.

I'm starting to think its just not worth it to deal with that part of the world anymore. The only sane country over there is Israel and even they have their moments. It's time to get energy independent so we can wash our hands of the entire region with the exception of a little aid to Israel. We should be in the intelligence gathering only game there. We can use ties to Israel to pump them for information about the other countries to make sure we stay secure.

Dolphins9954
09-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Wait this happened in Libya, in the city of Benghazi that had al-Qaeda's flag flying over it's courthouse, by rebels we helped put into power????

And on 9-11 of all days. Coincidence????

phins_4_ever
09-12-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm starting to think its just not worth it to deal with that part of the world anymore. The only sane country over there is Israel and even they have their moments. It's time to get energy independent so we can wash our hands of the entire region with the exception of a little aid to Israel. We should be in the intelligence gathering only game there. We can use ties to Israel to pump them for information about the other countries to make sure we stay secure.

We shouldn't mingle anywhere period. Israel is as guilty as anybody over there.

phins_4_ever
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Wait this happened in Libya, in the city of Benghazi that had al-Qaeda's flag flying over it's courthouse, by rebels we helped put into power????

And on 9-11 of all days. Coincidence????

Not sure if it was coincidence or purposely done on 9/11 BUT.....

..as long as we have to put our diapers on when 9/11 comes around it will be a convenient target date. We are a whiny, scared little nation.

9/11 should also be the day of mourning because it was also the day which enabled our politicians to enact a pre-written Patriot Act and made us, as a nation, sheeps led slowly to the slaughter house. It's being politicized for all the wrong reasons.

Spesh
09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Dear lord those people are idiots. Embassy's are entitled diplomatic immunity. They have to know by now that they can hurt us, but we will destroy them.

Going to be interesting how this is handled. Obama cant have ambassadors being gunned down. Im guessing more drone strikes.

SkapePhin
09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
This is why secularism is needed in this world...

At least we wouldn't have crazies killing innocent people because some other irrational lame-ass posted a crappy youtube video.

phins_4_ever
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, at least we know the reasons now why the attack happened and why Egypt is messing with our Embassy there.

An Israeli!!!!! ...living in the US.

Edit: Gotta say one thing: Wiki is fast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims

LouPhinFan
09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, at least we know the reasons now why the attack happened and why Egypt is messing with our Embassy there.

An Israeli!!!!! ...living in the US.

Edit: Gotta say one thing: Wiki is fast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims

The reason this happened is it is because of the differences between our two cultures. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech are things that are not thought of very highly in that part of the world for the most part. If he had made a movie like that about Jesus he would have gotten some protests and some rebukes from church leaders around the world but no ambassadors would have died. Christian religions are dominant in the more economically and socially stable countries. There's no reason to transfer your anger to the religion. That and Jesus basically taught his followers to be non-violent.

Is Islam a violent religion? I personally don't think it is, but the reality of that part of the world feeds into thinking its ok to kill and destroy for it. That part of the world has seen so much violence, war, dictatorships, and poverty its no wonder that things keep happening like this.

SkapePhin
09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
The reason this happened is it is because of the differences between our two cultures. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech are things that are not thought of very highly in that part of the world for the most part. If he had made a movie like that about Jesus he would have gotten some protests and some rebukes from church leaders around the world but no ambassadors would have died. Christian religions are dominant in the more economically and socially stable countries. There's no reason to transfer your anger to the religion. That and Jesus basically taught his followers to be non-violent.

Is Islam a violent religion? I personally don't think it is, but the reality of that part of the world feeds into thinking its ok to kill and destroy for it. That part of the world has seen so much violence, war, dictatorships, and poverty its no wonder that things keep happening like this.

Agreed, this is what I wrote to a facebook friend who was blaming the kook pastor, without placing any blame on the protestors:

I understand that completely, but it still doesn't make it right. We can't sit here and baby people who would result to murder for being offended. I understand that these people do not represent all of Islam. They are extremists in the same way that this Terry Jones guy and the Westboro Baptist Church are extremist Christians.

I don't recall any violent retaliation from Christians when Bill Maher's Religulous came out. There have been many films that have mocked Christians and Jesus over the years, and I can't think of any violent riots as a result.

I think the difference has less to do with the religion as it has to do with the kind of society these people were raised in. In the US, Christians have been raised in a place where freedom of speech and expression is commonplace and ingrained in the whole culture. One can get offended, but for the most part, they understand that this same freedom of speech that allows others to offend their beliefs, allows them to express their own beliefs.

In contrast, the people involved in this rampage were raised in a Theocracy, where there is no culture of free expression, but rather an oppressive culture of subjugation to the Law.

Unfortunately, this potent cocktail of ignorance, lack of education, fervent religiosity and impoverishment lends itself to these kinds of violent outburst.

They view the actions of a single person from the US as the actions of every American. How can we really control that? We can't go against our own principles of free expression to quell irrational violence across the globe.

That being said, I have no come to find out that the rocket blast might have actually been an opportunistic attack by Al Qaeda in retaliation for the death of one of their compatriots, and not actually a direct action of the protest about this movie.

COphinphan89
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
The only way this ends well is energy independence coupled with abandoning that region of the globe entirely. Let someone else deal with these people for the next 60 years. We've had enough.

SkapePhin
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
LOL, check out the movie that started these riots...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-laughably-bad-movie-that-led-to-four-people-dy

While I wouldn't kill other people over this movie, I might just kill myself if I were ever forced to watch it...

nick1
09-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm all for abandoning the region and letting them settle their own issues. Tired of policeing the world, and Obama is as guilty of this as any other president. Problem is religious nuts will not allow us to abandon Israel

Tetragrammaton
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
The Middle East is full of animals. Let's just pretend it is that bad neighborhood your parents used to drive around and be done with it.

Dolphins9954
09-12-2012, 08:23 PM
US Officials Say 2 Warships Moving Toward Libya

U.S. officials say the Pentagon is moving two warships to the Libyan coast, in the aftermath of the attack in Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador and three others.
Officials say one destroyer, the USS Laboon, moved to a position off the coast Wednesday, and the USS McFaul is en route and should be stationed off the coast within days. The officials say the ships, which carry Tomahawk missiles, do not have a specific mission. But they give commanders flexibility to respond to any mission ordered by the president.

The destroyers have crews totaling about 300. There have been four destroyers in the Mediterranean for some time. These moves will increase that to five.

Officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss troop movements.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-officials-warships-moving-libya-17222645

Time to free the sh!t out of them again.

Eshlemon
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Agreed, this is what I wrote to a facebook friend who was blaming the kook pastor, without placing any blame on the protestors:

That being said, I have no come to find out that the rocket blast might have actually been an opportunistic attack by Al Qaeda in retaliation for the death of one of their compatriots, and not actually a direct action of the protest about this movie.

The ****ty movie doesn't matter. Their are plenty of stuff out their like this obscure film trailers first posted in July which I would have never had heard anything about if not being used as pious justification for protest and violence. If the movie never existed, something else would have been used as part of these ****ty 9/11 celebrations.

Dolphins9954
09-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Looks like they tortured and lynched the poor dude. Why did we help put these douchebags into power again? Libya is a prime example of why we need to mind our own business and not intervene in other countries affairs. Especially taking sides with religious extremists. It never seems to work out and costs us a bunch of money and lives. Syria is next.

Valandui
09-13-2012, 05:17 AM
The only way this ends well is energy independence coupled with abandoning that region of the globe entirely. Let someone else deal with these people for the next 60 years. We've had enough.

We could just nuke the thing, call it America 2, and use it for storage.

Gonzo
09-13-2012, 09:52 AM

And yet there are a large number of people here that want to slowly move this country to a theocracy, which would only empower those extremists just as Islamic theocracies do.

Gonzo
09-13-2012, 09:54 AM
We could just nuke the thing, call it America 2, and use it for storage.

meh, that's what we have Nevada and New Mexico for. Nuke it all and call it Carthage 2.

Eshlemon
09-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Report: Riots Actually About Release of Blind Sheik

USA Today reports that the riot at the U.S. embassy in Cairo appears to have been planned well before the Egyptian media reported on the anti-Islam YouTube film that was blamed for sparking the protest. The protest was reportedly announced on August 30 by Gamaa Islamiyya, an Egyptian terrorist group, to call for the release of its leader, Sheikh Omar abdel Rahman — aka the blind sheik, who is serving a life sentence for the first World Trade Center bombing:

Days of planning and online promotion by hard-line Islamist leaders helped whip up the mobs that stormed the U.S. Embassy in Egypt and launched a deadly attack on the U.S. Embassy in Libya that killed an ambassador and three others.

The protest was planned by Salafists well before news circulated of an objectionable video ridiculing Islam’s prophet, Mohammed, said Eric Trager, an expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/09/12/report-riots-actually-about-release-of-blind-sheik/

phins_4_ever
09-13-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/09/12/report-riots-actually-about-release-of-blind-sheik/

Not sure if I would just subscribe to an opinion piece who says about itself:

Since its inception in 1945, and increasingly after it emerged as the flagship of neoconservatism in the 1970s, the magazine has been consistently engaged with several large, interrelated questions: the fate of democracy and of democratic ideas in a world threatened by totalitarian ideologies; the state of American and Western security; the future of the Jews, Judaism, and Jewish culture in Israel, the United States, and around the world; and the preservation of high culture in an age of political correctness and the collapse of critical standards.

Spesh
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
As an anti-Islam video continued to spawn protests and violence around the region, Libya's prime minister said Thursday at least one person has been arrested -- and others were in authorities' sights -- tied to killings of a U.S. ambassador and three others this week."This is not acceptable to the Libyan people; this is not acceptable to our values," Prime Minister Mustafa Abushagur told CNN (http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/13/libya-pm-arrests-have-been-made-in-us-consulate-attack/), referring to Tuesday's deadly assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. "We are taking this very, very seriously."
The one suspect arrested and "three or four" being actively pursued are Libyans, Abushagur said, adding there are "suspicions that these people belong to some extremist group, but ... that is something we don't know."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/meast/embassy-attacks-main/index.html

Well, some good news. Looks like Libya is actually trying to track down the bastards who did it. Or maybe it was the warships moving in that spurned them.

Dolphins9954
09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/meast/embassy-attacks-main/index.html

Well, some good news. Looks like Libya is actually trying to track down the bastards who did it. Or maybe it was the warships moving in that spurned them.

Al-Qaeda makes its presence known in Benghazi

sIrshtYKNs4

Pretty sure it's a token effort. Quite a few bastards involved in this caper and it was planned for awhile. I was expecting the blowback from Obama's Libya intervention years from now. But it came quite faster than I thought. The MIC is laughing all the way to the bank.

Dolphins9954
09-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Looks like now it's happening in Iraq and Yemen. Seriously WTF are we doing over there. Time to get the F out. They want us gone. As you wish.

Eshlemon
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Not sure if I would just subscribe to an opinion piece who says about itself:

No subscription and thank you for the insightfull information about the site. To any constipated over visiting the site, here's the link to the source.

Deadly embassy attacks were days in the making
by Sara Lynch and Oren Dorell, USA TODAY

CAIRO -- Days of planning and online promotion by hard-line Islamist leaders helped whip up the mobs that stormed the U.S. Embassy in Egypt and launched a deadly attack on the U.S. Embassy in Libya that killed an ambassador and three others.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012/09/12/libyan-officials-us-ambassador-killed-in-attack/57752828/1

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
The protest was planned by Salafists well before news circulated of an objectionable video ridiculing Islam's prophet, Mohammed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmodVun16Q4), said Eric Trager, an expert at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

Anyone still think this is all about that movie????

LouPhinFan
09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
I saw on the news last night that the guy that made the video acutally edited it and dubbed over the actors. The original script didn't say about Mohammed. He's also a Egyptian Coptic Chrisitan and not a Jew.

So really the video had very little to do with the United States. These people would have rioted regardless.

Spesh
09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Sudanese demonstrators incensed by a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad broke into the German embassy in Khartoum on Friday and hoisted an Islamic flag, while one person was killed in protests in the northern Lebanese city of Tripoli.

The obscure California-made production had triggered an attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya's eastern city of Benghazi that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans on Tuesday, the anniversary of the Sept 11, 2001 al Qaeda attacks on the United States.

Rallies against the film were also staged on Friday in Egypt, Yemen, Afghanistan, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Lebanon, Iran and Iraq.
Protesters clashed with police near the U.S. embassy in Cairo before a nationwide protest called by the Muslim Brotherhood which propelled Egypt's Islamist president Mohamed Mursi to power.

Police in the Sudanese capital fired tear gas to try to disperse 5,000 protesters who had ringed the German embassy and nearby British mission. A Reuters witness said police stood by as a crowd forced its way into Germany's mission.

Sudan's Foreign Ministry had criticised Germany for allowing a protest last month by right-wing activists carrying caricatures of the Prophet and for Chancellor Angela Merkel giving an award in 2010 to a Danish cartoonist who depicted the Prophet in 2005 triggering protests across the Islamic world.

A Lebanese security source said the man was killed in Tripoli as protesters tried to storm a government building.

Earlier, a U.S. fast food restaurant was set alight. Twelve members of the security forces were wounded by stones thrown by protesters, the source said

The protests coincided with Pope Benedict's arrival in Lebanon for a three-day visit.

Protesters in Afghanistan set fire to an effigy of Obama and burned a U.S. flag after Friday prayers in the eastern province of Nangarhar.

Directing their anger against the U.S. pastor who supported the film, tribal leaders in province also agreed to put a $100,000 bounty on his head.

http://news.yahoo.com/sudan-calls-mass-protest-against-anti-islam-film-053536698.html

Well, good thing rational heads prevailed :bobdole:

As others have stated, the film is an excuse. Broke up the article into different quotes to show the different protests locations and excuses.

LouPhinFan
09-14-2012, 01:25 PM
A pretty good OP-ED piece. Muslims in those countries, having lived under the dictorships, simply don't understand true free speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/14/opinion/husain-arab-spring-democracy/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

...These are people who were born and raised in dictatorships. They are accustomed to thinking that a government controls its citizens -- that a film or documentary cannot be produced without government approval. For decades, this has been the reality of their lives, and they strongly believe that the Western world and its citizens have a similarly controlling relationship between individuals and government.

In light of this assumption, they hold the U.S. government responsible for the tacky and distasteful film produced by a right-wing Muslimphobe.

Little wonder, then, that Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy has called for the prosecution by the U.S government of the filmmakers, and Egypt's top cleric, Mufti Ali Goma, has called on the United Nations to forbid denigration of faiths. Morsy studied in the United States and Ali Goma regularly visits the West on the interfaith circuit, yet both men don't yet grasp that religious freedom and the freedom of expression are inextricably linked in America.

It is hard for younger Arabs not born into freedom to understand how individual liberty works in real life...

Locke
09-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Great read. Thanks Lou...

COphinphan89
09-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Only fools.

GoonBoss
09-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Dear lord those people are idiots. Embassy's are entitled diplomatic immunity. They have to know by now that they can hurt us, but we will destroy them.

Going to be interesting how this is handled. Obama cant have ambassadors being gunned down. Im guessing more drone strikes.
Drone strikes!

For the win.

Here's the thing; As an SF soldier once put it. "We're still teaching these people not to **** in their wells."

What can you do? They are ****ing savages. Most of America doesn't really give a **** anymore if
an ambassador is shot, or a warplane enforcing UN sanctions is fired on. The first thing in lots of people's minds is;
"We're to blame for this."

It makes the person uttering it seem like he/she is a trailblazer. No. These people
are ****ing savages.

More drone strikes.

Drone strike them to hell. Kill our ambassador, we kill 50 innocent terrorists. **** it.
I'm about done with this bull****.

Eshlemon
09-14-2012, 05:42 PM
A pretty good OP-ED piece. Muslims in those countries, having lived under the dictorships, simply don't understand true free speech.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/14/opinion/husain-arab-spring-democracy/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

I won't disagree there is a disconnect and discombulation over liberty and free speech that exists and significant problems and the "Prostestors Gone Mad" but golly wouldn't if the crappy move didn't exist is dumb. But on the other side after a couple weeks on intensive planning and promotion for 9/11 by some ultraetremists, a couple hundred show up at the embassy in Cairo?. With interest apparantley so low imans began making despearate calls to the masses...of soccer hooligans.

Spesh
09-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Drone strikes!

For the win.

Here's the thing; As an SF soldier once put it. "We're still teaching these people not to **** in their wells."

What can you do? They are ****ing savages. Most of America doesn't really give a **** anymore if
an ambassador is shot, or a warplane enforcing UN sanctions is fired on. The first thing in lots of people's minds is;
"We're to blame for this."

It makes the person uttering it seem like he/she is a trailblazer. No. These people
are ****ing savages.

More drone strikes.

Drone strike them to hell. Kill our ambassador, we kill 50 innocent terrorists. **** it.
I'm about done with this bull****.

No doubt most Americans are numb to casualties in the middle east by now. But Obama needed to take visible measures to suggest we arent going to sit by while Americans are getting shot up, and it looks like he has:

President Obama has taken the formal step of notifying Congress that he has deployed troops "equipped for combat" to Libya and Yemen to defend U.S. citizens and property, pursuant to the War Powers Resolution.

"Although these security forces are equipped for combat, these movements have been undertaken solely for the purpose of protecting American citizens and property," the president wrote in a letter to Congress. "These security forces will remain in Libya and in Yemen until the security situation becomes such that they are no longer needed."

A security force from the U.S. Africa Command deployed to Libya Wednesday to support security of U.S. personnel after the killing of four Americans in an attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi. An additional security force arrived in Yemen Thursday after the assault on the U.S. Embassy in Sana'a.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-notifies-congress-troops-deployed-libya-yemen-191617536--abc-news-politics.html

Nothing to crazy, heavier security, but he certaintly couldnt sit by twiddling his thumbs.

Spesh
09-14-2012, 06:17 PM
A U.S. official says an insurgent attack on a British air base in southern Afghanistan has killed two American Marines and wounded several troops.

The official says the attack at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan's Helmand province involved a range of insurgent weaponry, possibly including mortars, rockets or rocket-propelled grenades, as well as small arms fire.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because U.S. military authorities in Afghanistan had not yet announced the battle.

Camp Bastion is a British air base and is adjacent to Camp Leatherneck, the main base for U.S. Marines in Helmand.

A number of aircraft at the base also were hit by insurgent fire, the official said.

http://news.yahoo.com/2-marines-killed-attack-southern-afghanistan-215838327.html?_esi=1
(http://news.yahoo.com/2-marines-killed-attack-southern-afghanistan-215838327.html?_esi=1)
Crap.

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 07:13 PM
So we bomb some more brown people then what???

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but we've been bombing them for over 10 years now and it doesn't seem to work. We have more jihadist and hard-liners now than ever. The arab spring turned out to be another islamic revolution super sized. Countless wars, Bombs, Money and Lives and it's still FUBAR over there. Our policies aren't working it's a glaring fact. Time to end the nonsense and stop policing the world. We're broke and it's not working.

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 07:57 PM
shaZxAKe65g#!

It's the policies stupid.

Spesh
09-14-2012, 09:01 PM

Apparently the White House does. Situation just went full retard and Obama should rightfully be blasted for this:

President Barack Obama has bowed to the Muslim Brotherhood’s demand that the federal government suppress a satirical video of Islam’s prophet, Muhammad.

Tommy Vietor, a spokesman for the National Security Council, told the Washington Post that the White House has “reached out to YouTube to call the video to their attention and ask them to review whether it violates their terms of use.”

The request complies with the Sept. 13 demand and threat by the brotherhood, which now governs the Arab’s world’s largest country, Egypt.

“Hurting the feelings of one and a half billion Muslims cannot be tolerated, and… we demand that all those involved in such crimes be urgently brought to trial,” according to an English-language statement (http://www.ikhwanweb.com/article.php?id=30286) on the brotherhood’s website.

The brotherhood’s demand included a threat of additional violence during Obama’s re-election campaign.

“The people’s anger and fury for their Faith is invariably predictable, often unstoppable,” said the website.

That violence could deeply damage Obama’s election chances, just as similar Islamist violence in Iran sank President Jimmy Carter’s re-election effort in 1979.

The same demands were pushed Sept. 13 by Egypt’s new Islamist president, Mohamad Morsi, who Obama helped put in power.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-submits-brotherhood-asks-suppression-anti-islam-video-180610192.html

If the Romney campaign doesnt eviscerate Obama over this, then i dont know what will get Romney elected. This is about the stupidest damned thing i can think off. Tell them to piss off and if they have a problem with us then we will gladly keep the billions we dump into their military. Its not like we couldnt use the money.

9954, used your quote because it was just to convenient to point out the glaringly obvious level of retardation this is. I mean, my god, how can the Obama campaign be this stupid? How can they not see how categorically idiotic this move it? Nothing the Romney campaign has done has been this bad. Nothing.

Valandui
09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Apparently the White House does. Situation just went full retard and Obama should rightfully be blasted for this:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-submits-brotherhood-asks-suppression-anti-islam-video-180610192.html

If the Romney campaign doesnt eviscerate Obama over this, then i dont know what will get Romney elected. This is about the stupidest damned thing i can think off. Tell them to piss off and if they have a problem with us then we will gladly keep the billions we dump into their military. Its not like we couldnt use the money.

9954, used your quote because it was just to convenient to point out the glaringly obvious level of retardation this is. I mean, my god, how can the Obama campaign be this stupid? How can they not see how categorically idiotic this move it? Nothing the Romney campaign has done has been this bad. Nothing.

So much for freedom of speech.

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 09:47 PM

The whole Middle East foreign policy is the problem here. Especially when we're the ones that helped put these people in power in the first place. Libya is just another of many prime examples of our interventions and meddling causing a lot more harm than good. What's the alternative in this election?? Obama has that awkward moment of having to bomb a country that he helped "liberate" or Romney ready to do the same thing. We don't have a choice in the matter. It's all an ilusion and the war pigs have the power.

xtqy4DTHGqg

Spesh
09-14-2012, 10:50 PM
The whole Middle East foreign policy is the problem here. Especially when we're the ones that helped put these people in power in the first place. Libya is just another of many prime examples of our interventions and meddling causing a lot more harm than good. What's the alternative in this election?? Obama has that awkward moment of having to bomb a country that he helped "liberate" or Romney ready to do the same thing. We don't have a choice in the matter. It's all an ilusion and the war pigs have the power.

Our foreign policy is beyond broken. That said, i didnt see it changing. There is a difference between direction and degrees. Our direction was going to stay the same regardless of who won in November. Yet, as the last 10 years have shown us, the degree much worse. I had little doubt that Romney would(or will after this blunder) have us more wrapped up over there than we currently are. So i lived with it. I gave Obama the check on foreign policy simply because "it could be worse".

Then this complete farce happened. Obama campaign just gift wrapped Romney the election. If the Romney campaign isnt broadcasting this cave in every single day then their campaign managers should be forever barred from even discussing politics. This is a joke. Giving in to foreign demands on domestic policies, on freedom of speech of all things. What a complete joke. Romney campaign has actively tried to limit the basics of our democracy: the ability to vote. And yet, Obama is the one that looks worse. Unbelievable.

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Our foreign policy is beyond broken. That said, i didnt see it changing. There is a difference between direction and degrees. Our direction was going to stay the same regardless of who won in November. Yet, as the last 10 years have shown us, the degree much worse. I had little doubt that Romney would(or will after this blunder) have us more wrapped up over there than we currently are. So i lived with it. I gave Obama the check on foreign policy simply because "it could be worse".

Then this complete farce happened. Obama campaign just gift wrapped Romney the election. If the Romney campaign isnt broadcasting this cave in every single day then their campaign managers should be forever barred from even discussing politics. This is a joke. Giving in to foreign demands on domestic policies, on freedom of speech of all things. What a complete joke. Romney campaign has actively tried to limit the basics of our democracy: the ability to vote. And yet, Obama is the one that looks worse. Unbelievable.

It's funny considering how incompetent the Romney campaign is Obama will probably still pull this off. You can hand Romney an Obama "raped my son" true story and still he would lose.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Carney: Protest Not Against U.S. Policy

9Nds0u7WVoE

Sure thing there buddy.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 10:44 AM
lJVSPwf7zvM

Eshlemon
09-15-2012, 12:29 PM

With the rioters chanting we are Osamas while burning our Presidents pictures, we need to remove the Obama killed Osama from our speech. And contact that movie prodcution company to halt the release of the SEAL team six movie.

SkapePhin
09-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Wow, ridiculous... First the NDAA BS, now this. WTF is this?

I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

irish fin fan
09-15-2012, 01:16 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012/09/15/libyans-express-sorrow-over-killing-of-americans/57785218/1

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Wow, ridiculous... First the NDAA BS, now this. WTF is this?

I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

That's my vote.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Bombs over Libya....

HpDsLs43Sk0

I wonder when the bombs will drop??