PDA

View Full Version : Federal Reserve announces new round of Stimulus

Spesh
09-13-2012, 01:20 PM
The Federal Reserve fulfilled expectations of more stimulus for the faltering economy, taking aim now at driving down mortgage rates.

The Fed said it will buy $40 billion of mortgages per month in an attempt to foster a nascent recovery in the real estate market. The purchases will be open-ended, meaning that they will continue until the Fed is satisfied that economic conditions, primarily in unemployment, improve.

Enacting the third leg of quantitative easing will take the Fed's money creation past the $3 trillion level since it began the process in 2008.

"The Committee is concerned that, without further policy accommodation, economic growth might not be strong enough to generate sustained improvement in labor market conditions," the Open Market Committee said in a statement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fed-pulls-trigger-buy-mortgages-163638925.html;_ylt=AuuIpWn0AFMpa9cYt4QWnmumWot4;_ylu=X3oDMTFobDA1NWxyBG1pdANCcmVha2luZyBOZXdzBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJyZWFraW5nTmV3c1RlbXA-;_ylg=X3oDMTM2aWF2dmpiBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNTQ4Y2MyZmYtZGJhOC0zZWJmLWFjOGUtNGEzZWFhMzI3N2ZiBHBzdGNhdANwb2xpdGljc3x3aGl0ZWhvdXNlBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-13-2012, 01:36 PM
bernanke is a ****er. keep printing money, this maybe good for stocks short term but it will be disaster long term. printing money does not solve the problems douche bag bernanke

Filthy Fin
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I love receiving stimulus!

Dolphins9954
09-13-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2012/09/556461_10151885666172281_821215842_n-1.jpg

Ilovemyfins4eva
09-13-2012, 10:41 PM
if u own gold,this was a blessing. if u like paying 5 plus a gallon at the gas station, this was a blessing. otherwise, this was a total disaster. printing money never has, nor will it ever fix the economy. what a disgrace.

jlfin
09-14-2012, 07:57 AM
This move will devalue the dollar, thus leading to more inflation. On the surface, it will BRIEFLY improve the economic indices and thus, ensure the re-election of our economically illiterate POTUS. It's just more window dressing for the average uninformed voter.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him president." (from a Czech Republic newspaper)

LouPhinFan
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Well at least when my house build is finished in January, the interest rates will still be low when I close on the mortgage. I won't be able to buy food to put in my new refridgerator or put gas in my car to get to work once inflation hits. But, hey, I'll have sub 4% interest on my 30 year home loan...

Locke
09-14-2012, 02:58 PM
This move will devalue the dollar, thus leading to more inflation. On the surface, it will BRIEFLY improve the economic indices and thus, ensure the re-election of our economically illiterate POTUS. It's just more window dressing for the average uninformed voter.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him president." (from a Czech Republic newspaper)

Why not explain how he is economically illiterate? Or what he could have done to improve the economy?

Interesting quote. How about posting all the glowing endorsements he has everywhere else in Europe? He may not be popular everywhere internationally, but he has improved our relationship with Europe exponentially.

GoonBoss
09-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I want my check.