PDA

View Full Version : 16 Year Old Makes Youtube Video/ Gets visit from FBI

rob19
09-14-2012, 08:49 PM
In another shocking example of how the federal government is repositioning itself as a secret police force to target political dissidents, a 16-year-old boy was questioned by FBI agents over a You Tube video he created for a school project which highlighted how America was slipping into a police state.

The video clip above, which promotes the presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul, was put together by Justin Hallman as part of a project for his American Government class. The video helped earn Hallman an A+ pass and his teacher enthused about how impressed he was with Hallman’s efforts.

Read more: http://www.mix1077.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10409129#ixzz26Uk15GIg

--
This is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxkLkv1Ckw&feature=player_embedded#start=0:00;end=2:11;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

I gotta say, this NDAA **** scares me

Dolphins9954
09-14-2012, 09:53 PM
It's all downhill from here folks.

phins_4_ever
09-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Black helicopter coming? You shouldn't post this stuff because you never know if the secret police is watching us.

In the mean time why don't you start reporting the entire story instead of some lame attempt to make everything about 'secret police is watching us'.

http://www.copblock.org/tag/justin-hallman/

The fact that the FBI men knew about Hallman’s conversation with his teacher clearly suggests that it was the teacher or another official at the school who reported Hallman to the FBI in the first place.

Basically the FBI gets a call and does an interview/investigation but it is called secret police?

If this guy would be a whacko and goes into a movie theater and shoots a dozen people next week and the report is "FBI got warning but did nothing" it would call for outrage just as well. It is a no-win situation.

Plus the last time I checked that if a law enforcement agency gets a call they should investigate. Isn't that their job?

In this case you might want to be pissed at he person who called that kid in. But that would not fit your agenda.

Valandui
09-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Black helicopter coming? You shouldn't post this stuff because you never know if the secret police is watching us.

In the mean time why don't you start reporting the entire story instead of some lame attempt to make everything about 'secret police is watching us'.

http://www.copblock.org/tag/justin-hallman/

Basically the FBI gets a call and does an interview/investigation but it is called secret police?

If this guy would be a whacko and goes into a movie theater and shoots a dozen people next week and the report is "FBI got warning but did nothing" it would call for outrage just as well. It is a no-win situation.

Plus the last time I checked that if a law enforcement agency gets a call they should investigate. Isn't that their job?

In this case you might want to be pissed at he person who called that kid in. But that would not fit your agenda.

Reading the article you posted makes the situation seem even worse.

phins_4_ever
09-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Reading the article you posted makes the situation seem even worse.

How so? It is simply an expansion of the story posted. More details. Plus one big detail included: he was ratted out - by someone. It doesn't matter at this point if it was wrong or right. The way it was originally presented it looked like the FBI just simply spied on the kid and then went after him because of his political opinion. Which is not true. Someone obviously called the FBI.

It is quite easy to get law enforcement on anybody's case. Just call and say "hey that kid is suspicious. He made a video calling the US a police state. He talks about Illuminati. He is a member of a hacker group and an active member of the Occupy movement. He could be dangerous."
Any law enforcement agency is responsible to at least interview that person. Period. That is their job. So they interviewed him. Obviously nothing happened to him. No arrest. Nothing. Are you know crucifying law enforcement to follow up on a suspicious call? What is the job of law enforcement? Suspend any and all investigations, called in or not, and just show up after the fact (if anything would happen) and bring enough body bags?

rob19
09-15-2012, 03:53 AM
No agenda, your link starts off the same way mine does

In another shocking example of how the federal government is repositioning itself as a secret police force to target political dissidents, a 16-year-old boy was questioned by FBI agents over a You Tube video he created for a school project which highlighted how America was slipping into a police state.

You also want to justify the FBI trying to use the 16 year old kid as a mole?

The two FBI agents returned to the house and began to talk to Hallman about his interests and hobbies, a tactic Hallman saw as the FBI agents attempting to gain his trust.

The FBI agents then attempted to recruit Hallman to spy on Anonymous. “They wanted me to be an informant, to possibly put my life in danger, to help them arrest and gain intel on occupy protesters and hackers,” he writes.

The way it was originally presented it looked like the FBI just simply spied on the kid and then went after him because of his political opinion. Which is not true. Someone obviously called the FBI.

& Your link concludes like this

This case represents merely the latest example of Americans being questioned, harassed and intimidated by different branches of the federal government over their political beliefs.

Last month former Marine Brandon Raub was kidnapped by authorities (http://www.infowars.com/marine-kidnapped-over-facebook-posts-i-am-scared-for-my-country/) and held in a psychiatric ward for political posts made on Facebook, just one of thousands of similar ongoing cases. Gun owners are also having their firearms confiscated (http://www.infowars.com/veteran-declared-mentally-defective-has-guns-seized/) having been declared “mentally defective” due to their political beliefs.

Thanks, I feel a lot better now.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Cops coming to your house is one thing. The feds is quite another. I agree that all it takes is a 911 call to get the local cops to show up. But when the FBI shows up and starts harrasing you over a youtube school project. Then trys to get you to rat out another people in the "occupy" movement. That's quite different. The AGENDA here is the federal government spying on protesters and americans exercising their first amendment rights.

LouPhinFan
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
You guys act like this is something new. The FBI has been doing this type stuff since their inception. There's just an internet around to spread the word nowadays.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 08:19 PM
You guys act like this is something new. The FBI has been doing this type stuff since their inception. There's just an internet around to spread the word nowadays.

Bush did it with anti-war protesters. I think what's different this time is things like the Patriot Act and especially NDAA. Obama along with Bush have set a very dangerous precedent where the government doesn't give an f about the rule of law and civil liberties. If they really wanted to the could make you "disappear" and even make it totally legit. This country has lost it's way on so many levels. Especially when they make simple things like the rule of law and habeas corpus obsolete. We're living in dangerous times and the government is a legitimate threat to our liberties and constitution simple as that.

Valandui
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Bush did it with anti-war protesters. I think what's different this time is things like the Patriot Act and especially NDAA. Obama along with Bush have set a very dangerous precedent where the government doesn't give an f about the rule of law and civil liberties. If they really wanted to the could make you "disappear" and even make it totally legit. This country has lost it's way on so many levels. Especially when they make simple things like the rule of law and habeas corpus obsolete. We're living in dangerous times and the government is a legitimate threat to our liberties and constitution simple as that.

Things like calling you an enemy combatant so you don't even have access to a lawyer.

Dolphins9954
09-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Things like calling you an enemy combatant so you don't even have access to a lawyer.

Or calling you a militant and killing everyone.

TheMageGandalf
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM

Exactly.

Anyway, youtube huh? Remember that I advised you guys to be careful awhile back because the internet is watched and things on it could be presented as evidence against you in a court of law.